• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Also of note, Isabelle has the same final smash as Villager. Even though she could have had something new.

Diddy's final Smash not being revealed yet makes me think he and Dixie will share one, either something like riding on Rambi across the field or something similar. I mean all the signs with Diddy pointing toward Dixie are there.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I have to say, seeing Isabelle make it in as slightly more than an Echo makes me have more confidence that Dixie can and will get the same treatment. I wish they'd give us a date so we can build hype until then.

Being in the know makes the wait smoother.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Gonna be a broken record and say what everyone else is saying. :p

Isabelle being a semi-clone bodes well for Dixie. I've sort of just accepted the possibility that Dixie would be a Diddy Echo, but with Isabelle being the way she is, a more faithful Dixie seems much more likely.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Way I’d see this playing out is next Direct they explain a little more about Isabelle, talking about how she is partially based on Villager. Then they say “there’s one more character in the game who works this way” and then show Dixie.

My guess for moveset would be
Up: Rising Ponytail from Tropical Freeze, but ending with a big hit
Side: Ponytail Twirl, just fly horIzantally pulling along anyone you run into.
Down: Guitar solo! Drop to the ground landing on both knees and do an AOE strum of her guitar! Maybe if used on the ground comes with a little jump.
Neutral: Same as Diddy only Bubble Gum gun. Less damage, but applies a small slow.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I would prefer if Down-B be kept as the Banana Peel.

That is the move I love using the most when playing Diddy Kong.
Hmm, now that I wonder about it, would Dixie not having bananas make her automatically worse than Diddy in the Tier Lists?

Unless she gains as good of an utility, if not better. :happysheep:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Personally I want the Down B to be inspired by DK's. Her hair swirling attack from Tropical Freeze when she does the 'ground pound'.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I would picture Down B as a combo piece for midair battles. Can Ponytail twirl them one way, then drop on their heads using the guitar. Maybe it has a hit box as it falls so you can combo it like that.

Banana is more suited to controlling the ground I think. As character with strong ties to the air Dixie’s tools should be more air based.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also want that one attack where Dixie twhirls her hair in a spinning animation to potentially launch enemies, much like the DKC2 enemy; Cat O'Ninetails.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I would picture Down B as a combo piece for midair battles. Can Ponytail twirl them one way, then drop on their heads using the guitar. Maybe it has a hit box as it falls so you can combo it like that.

Banana is more suited to controlling the ground I think. As character with strong ties to the air Dixie’s tools should be more air based.
Have you contributed to Ultinarok Ultinarok 'S community moveset?

Everyone, Ultinarok is making a moveset in which we all suggest a move for each of her inputs. Since everyone's brainstorming stuff now, don't forget to leave your suggestions. Also feel free to check out the Fan Created Movesets in the OP for inspiration. Once the Community Set is complete it'll go there, and if y'all have any Individual Movesets to share it will go there as well.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Personally I want the Down B to be inspired by DK's. Her hair swirling attack from Tropical Freeze when she does the 'ground pound'.
Ah so we have two ideas for Down B attacks here. I like them both! The hair ground slam attack from Tropical Freeze ia a given, but it's hard to say if it should be her Down B or her Down Smash. I remember MoonlitIllusion MoonlitIllusion saying he preferred it be Down Smash. Whichever one ends up as her Down B, the other could be a Down Smash, or, to go along with The Master DS' idea for an aerial-focused tool, Down Aerial. All of these moves are open on the community set.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Ah so we have two ideas for Down B attacks here. I like them both! The hair ground slam attack from Tropical Freeze ia a given, but it's hard to say if it should be her Down B or her Down Smash. I remember MoonlitIllusion MoonlitIllusion saying he preferred it be Down Smash. Whichever one ends up as her Down B, the other could be a Down Smash, or, to go along with The Master DS' idea for an aerial-focused tool, Down Aerial. All of these moves are open on the community set.
I prefer it to be down smash for sure, it's not a particularly "special" move, it's kind of bland looking and I think they could do something more interesting for her down special. And it's not like DK's is particularly useful, making the hitbox smaller would only worsen it.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I think the ground pound would make sense as a down Smash.

Here’s a more detailed write up.

Down Special: Stage Dive. Dixie short hops into the air hitting any along her path sending them downward if hit during the fall. Upon impacting the ground she strums her guitar, knocking anyone around upward.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think the ground pound would make sense as a down Smash.

Here’s a more detailed write up.

Down Special: Stage Dive. Dixie short hops into the air hitting any along her path sending them downward if hit during the fall. Upon impacting the ground she strums her guitar, knocking anyone around upward.
Really digging the creativity! Ok its in. Nice work on the name. Any damage values? Also when would it KO? Similar power to Yoshi Bomb?

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'll put down my support for Dixie.

I hope Tails comes in too so we have a pair of iconic 90s flying sidekicks. Combine much of Sonic's moveset with Dixie's potential up special. And it'd be golden.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I think it’d be more of a set up piece than a finisher. Also, as a small but major suggestion, what if Dixie could use Smash attacks in midair? More like Rival’s Wrastor than like Robin. Freezes in midair as she charges. Would make her air game very very strong.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think it’d be more of a set up piece than a finisher. Also, as a small but major suggestion, what if Dixie could use Smash attacks in midair? More like Rival’s Wrastor than like Robin. Freezes in midair as she charges. Would make her air game very very strong.
Well the community set doesn't need to be super balanced of course. But currently her Side Smash is a command grab attack. Would probably be pretty insane to be useable in midair lol. But I gave her a respectable air speed and Diddy-like jumps, so her air game is already better than Diddy's in terms of raw stats. You could give her the ability to float with a slow descent by holding jump, kinda like Peach, as no one has done that yet.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I prefer it to be down smash for sure, it's not a particularly "special" move, it's kind of bland looking and I think they could do something more interesting for her down special. And it's not like DK's is particularly useful, making the hitbox smaller would only worsen it.
Id like to chime in and say DK's Down Special is useful for those who roll spam. It's more effective than his Down Smash, for sure.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Doesn’t need to be in the community moveset, you’re right.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What's the community moveset looking like so far, Ultinarok Ultinarok ?

I also want that one attack where Dixie twirls her hair in a spinning animation to potentially launch enemies, much like the DKC2 enemy; Cat O'Ninetails.
I could see this as a non-Cargo Forward Throw Cargo-mechanic on her throw. The Cargo Forward Throw could be modeled after her Barrel Throw-animation from the trilogy instead.

Anyway, if I could suggest an N-Air, I can see hers being in style of Marth's and Roy's, basically whipping her ponytail on front twice to each side. Though Birthnote and Veemon had some concepts that make it look tad unoriginal. :grin:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think Dixie will keep the bubble gum gun, but if she gets a new down B i hope it's more interesting than Diddy's banana peel

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
What's the community moveset looking like so far, Ultinarok Ultinarok ?

I could see this as a non-Cargo Forward Throw Cargo-mechanic on her throw. The Cargo Forward Throw could be modeled after her Barrel Throw-animation from the trilogy instead.

Anyway, if I could suggest an N-Air, I can see hers being in style of Marth's and Roy's, basically whipping her ponytail on front twice to each side. Though Birthnote and Veemon had some concepts that make it look tad unoriginal. :grin:
At the moment, Dair, Bair, Up Smash, Down Smash (possibly), Jabs, Throws (although grab is cargo hair grab as expected), Forward Special, All tilts, weight/fall speed values and miscellaneous traits (taunts, idle poses, entrance, victory animations) are up for grabs. Her Final Smash, Down Special and potentially Down Smash have been mentioned but details haven't been finalized.

Also i like the idea of her having multiple throws based on whether she's got them in the cargo position or not. Diddy Kong Diddy Kong may have just gotten dibs on Forward throw.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have to say, seeing Isabelle make it in as slightly more than an Echo makes me have more confidence that Dixie can and will get the same treatment. I wish they'd give us a date so we can build hype until then.

Being in the know makes the wait smoother.
The rule of thumb is, next month will surely have something to announce. Besides, building up hype is what lead to people being deflated when Isabelle got revealed in the first place, so it's best to have as little of a wait between announcement and broadcast as possible.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'd much rather they change it, it doesn't really feel like a move that fits Dixie to begin with imo. She's not a mischievous as Diddy is to me.
Down B replaced with Dixie sending shockwaves out of her guitar to nullify and destroy projectiles seems more fitting than Banana Peels.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Here’s what my guess would be for a full moveset of my own. Assuming she’s a semi clone here so a lot of moves are just the same with small tweaks. Putting it in a spoiler tag so it can be collapsed.

Up Special: Upwards Whirl: Spins upwards dragging enemies along. Ends with a strong final hit. Like Link’s up special with a smaller horizontal hit box.
Side Special: Ponytail Twirl: Glide horizontally at high speed. Drag along enemies hit along the way. When used on the ground ends in a launcher.
Neutral Special: Bubble Gum gun: Works like peanut gun only launches upward instead of outward.
Down Special: Stage Dive: Dixie does a short hop as part of this move. Anyone she hits during her fall is knocked downward. When she lands she does a guitar strum in a big AOE.

Smashes: Done in the air rather than on ground. Works like Wrastor in Rivals of Aether. When charged she hangs in midair.
Forward Smash: Unchanged.
Up Smash: Unchanged.
Down Smash: Now a big stomp which spikes.

Up Air: multihit hair move.
Forward Air: Like Diddy’s but angled downwards.
Back Air: A flip kick that spikes like Lucas has. Slow
Neutral Air: Unchanged

Forward Tilt: Unchanged
Up Tilt: More like Diddy’s up air. Powerful launcher.
Down Tilt: Unchanged

Throws: Unchanged

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Down B replaced with Dixie sending shockwaves out of her guitar to nullify and destroy projectiles seems more fitting than Banana Peels.
That could actually be a useful side effect of Stage Dive, the Down B TheMasterDS TheMasterDS created. The shockwave can clash with and cancel weak projectiles on landing. Nice little touch, you'll get credit for that in the final set.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sounds good. Would it be like luigi's tornado? Mashing the button lifts you into air
I mostly picture it as a grounded move. Maybe have it act different on the ground and in the air, like Spinning Kong?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm gonna predict the next/last Smash focused direct is gonna be on November 2nd. The same day the bundle releases in stores and probably when the game will be on the eshop for pre-load. I could totally see Nintendo doing this to build extra hype "After the direct you can go to stores and pre-order the bundle or go to the Nintendo eshop and pre-load the game!"

This direct will show off the mystery mode, online, 2 newcomers and a few echoes. I'm predicting. I predict Dixie will be in this direct somewhere.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I don't know guys, it's hard to imagine us getting two DK newcomer trailers. I feel like she would have been revealed alongside K. Rool if she was unique or a semi-clone or she would just be an Echo. I think she definitely has potential to be more than an Echo and if Sakurai feels the same, she might just not be in the base game at all.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
The fact that Isabelle has affected expectations for other clone type characters is going to wreck havoc. This might wind up hurting Dixie fans more than helping if she is indeed revealed to be a mere echo.

I don't care if Dixie is an echo or a semi-clone, I just want her in the game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I don't know guys, it's hard to imagine us getting two DK newcomer trailers. I feel like she would have been revealed alongside K. Rool if she was unique or a semi-clone or she would just be an Echo. I think she definitely has potential to be more than an Echo and if Sakurai feels the same, she might just not be in the base game at all.
Nah, K. Rool's more popular and hasn't been seen in 10 years. The entire trailer was all about nemeses and all about him. Dixie would've dimmed his spotlight slightly, and he definitely would've eclipsed hers.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Nah, K. Rool's more popular and hasn't been seen in 10 years. The entire trailer was all about nemeses and all about him. Dixie would've dimmed his spotlight slightly, and he definitely would've eclipsed hers.
The whole trailer had a heavy DKC1 vibe to it as well.

Top Bottom