• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
With Isabelle confirmed now, Dixie Kong's claim to being the last Nintendo All-Star is looking even more firm.

The only character left that can compare to her is Toad and maybe Bandanna Dee.

Also, how is Isabelle a semi-clone of Villager? I only saw one move that looked similar.
She has his pocket, his grab (and his throws presumably), his dash attack, final smash, a similar up special, down special seems like a mix of the tree and loid rocket. Her down smash also seems to be borrowed from the inklings and her neutral air possibly from peach. We also haven't seen any other aerials except her neutral, we haven't seen her jab and down tilt so they could all be villagers for all we know. Other than that she's very much a wolf/lucas type clone.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
what is more likely for you: only one character that sits in the semiclones' row, or at least two?
more than just one would fill more the roster without leaning too much towards echoes (who are still not good seen by some people, especially if they start to become too many)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Is Isabelle a sacrificial pawn for the greater good to you all?

...I kid. lol

This assurance of Dixie being a semi-clone excites more a bit more than Isabelle being in to be honest.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, how is Isabelle a semi-clone of Villager? I only saw one move that looked similar.
-same dash attack
-same grab
-very similar recovery
-same pocket move
-same Final Smash

Just off the top of my head. Seems like a Wolf-like scenario.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yeah, no excuse Dixie can't be at least a semi clone. I'd legit be mad if she were an echo.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Isabelle being unique solidified what I've been constantly suggesting in this thread: she is an important Nintendo character, being the face of Animal Crossing, and unlike all other Echoes, her chances to make it in the game were always on the table, as unique. Now I believe even more that Echo characters probably never had a chance to make it in as non-Echoes.

This bodes well for Dixie, and it'd be a crime if she was not in the game.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That is awesome that our prayers and candles summoned this dog secretary that bodes well for our gorilla with TWO types of hair!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie really IS the last big A-tier character not on the roster. Isabelle got in, and the Toad's are at least part of Peach/Daisy's moveset.

But other than new Pokemon, Dixie is the last big character still missing. I really hope Sakurai didn't overlook her. The roster will feel like it's missing something without her.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Isabelle proved that semi-clones are still possible... so Dixie Kong does not have to be Diddy Kong Echo!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Did you guys see the new update for DKCTF on Switch? When Dixie Kong grabs a super banana, she turns into Teen Tiny Kong.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm just kidding, guys. Thinking about the DK equivalent of Toadette turning into Peach in NSMB Switch port.

You guys really think Dixie would turn into Teen Tiny Kong through a "super banana"???

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
If Isabelle can be a unique fighter, there's zero reason Dixie couldn't.

Now if I had to pick between NO dixie or echo dixie, I'd still want her to be an echo... but I'm still holding out hope.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I seriously hope we get Dixie but something in my gut is telling me she will be left out. I hope not...but something is telling me God (Sakurai) can't possibly give me EVERY character I want....

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well that was something.. Totally didn't expect Isabelle to show up, but she did. The trailer itself felt pretty underwhelming and bland. Maybe I'm not much of a fan of her I guess. I'm happy for her fans at least.

At least I can have hope that Dixie won't be an echo, but rather a semi-ish clone. Dixie's time will come soon hopefully.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Here to echo what everyone else is saying (pun intended)

With Isabelle being NOT an echo, now I'll be really salty if Dixie is not in or only gets in as an echo. Let's go semi-clone!

ZelDan

Smash Master
While Isabelle is a semi-clone, I guess I'll piggyback off of my previous post and say that honestly, I still wouldn't be terribly upset if Dixie got in as an echo and got the Chrom treatment. Give her DK's recovery, give her a bubble gum shooter over her peanut gun. Hell, if Sakurai wanted to be awesome she could even give her DK's grab and have her use her hair there.

As long as she gets in and isn't a COMPLETE Diddy echo (ie basically does everything he does, Dixie never uses her hair in her moveset), then I'll be happy if she's unique, semi-clone, or a Chrom-tier echo.

While I've grown on Isabelle's inclusion, one thing I fear is that her being semi-clone is going to make some other character getting echo treatment get more of a negative reception than it might have otherwise gotten before, with people being all "ugh, if Isabelle could be non-echo, then why did Shadow, Medusa, Impa, Dixie, etc have to be!"

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Just gonna chime in and say that I do support Dixie, though she's not one of my high priority characters and I still think she should be a Diddy echo ( don't hurt me ) using the bubble gum gun from Tropical Freeze over Diddy's peanut gun, and DK's recovery using her ponytail. But I'd welcome her as a unique too.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
One thing I'd like to mention regarding the character numbers and Dixie being after K. Rool if she isn't an echo (in case this ever comes up):

Bowser Jr. comes after Rosalina & Luma instead of next to Bowser, Doc isn't next to Mario, Robin isn't next to the other Awakening characters, and Pichu isn't next to Pikachu. Aesthetic consistency isn't always there, even if it feels like some characters "should" be next to each other or in a certain order.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The thing is Isabelle probably started off as an echo, but then Sakurai re-tooled her into a semi-clone.

Dixie might have been the same. Started off as an echo of Diddy with some slight changes, then Sakurai could re-tool her with at least 1-2 new specials. Isabelle opens up the possibility for at least one more semi-clone, I really can't think of any other character more fitted for that spot than Dixie.

All the other big characters have to be all new newcomers with unqiue moves, and some less characters will just be regular echoes like Chrom/Dark Samus.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
The thing is Isabelle probably started off as an echo, but then Sakurai re-tooled her into a semi-clone.

Dixie might have been the same. Started off as an echo of Diddy with some slight changes, then Sakurai could re-tool her with at least 1-2 new specials. Isabelle opens up the possibility for at least one more semi-clone, I really can't think of any other character more fitted for that spot than Dixie.

All the other big characters have to be all new newcomers with unqiue moves, and some less characters will just be regular echoes like Chrom/Dark Samus.
I can see this being the case. Imo, Dixie is popular and important enough to distinguish her from the other echoes, like Isabelle.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

This. it makes absolutely zero sense to make isabelle a semi-clone and leaving dixie as an echo when dixie has far more to work with and is more popular among the smash fanbase.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master

I mean, I guess one dream scenario would be that both Isabelle and Dixie were meant to be echoes, but after messing with them, he decided to make both semi-clones, and neither ended up sucking up that much development time/resources, meaning they don't really contribute much to Sakurai's "don't expect too many newcomers" statement.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
From looking at her moveset under this lens, Isabelle has a move that makes it look like she was decloned after being made an echo, imo. Her down B combines Villager's tree and Lloyd for no reason; there is no reference to AC from this, and it looks to me like retooled assets for a quick, easy way to give her a different special from Villy.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
From looking at her moveset under this lens, Isabelle has a move that makes it look like she was decloned after being made an echo, imo. Her down B combines Villager's tree and Lloyd for no reason; there is no reference to AC from this, and it looks to me like retooled assets for a quick, easy way to give her a different special from Villy.
Granted Villagers lloid rocket isn't a reference to anything originally, but yeah it's definitely a move that was slapped together from those moves in order to make it seem unique with little effort

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You mean I can enjoy the best possible Dixie situation as a Wolf-style clone without her sticking out as the sole semi-clone to get this treatment?

New most wanted? New most wanted.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
To me a buried Lloid seems to taking after the origin of Gyroids in general, since you find them buried after every rain in Animal Crossings. Also looks like that's where Snake's mine went. Isabelle's slowly choosing that thug life...

Anyway, I still believe that the most firm move for us, is to look out for any probable times to see if Diddy has Dixie-based pink costume. Depending on how it'd turn out, we're probably further on the clear about Dixie being in, Echo'd or a Semi-Clone.

I'm still just glad that they are giving some consideration again for Brawl-esque Semi-Clones again, I've missed them so much.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
The only thing in the way is why she wasn't included in the K.Rool trailer, but K.Rool would overshadow her in a shared trailer. She is better off getting her own.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
She has his pocket, his grab (and his throws presumably), his dash attack, final smash, a similar up special, down special seems like a mix of the tree and loid rocket. Her down smash also seems to be borrowed from the inklings and her neutral air possibly from peach. We also haven't seen any other aerials except her neutral, we haven't seen her jab and down tilt so they could all be villagers for all we know. Other than that she's very much a wolf/lucas type clone.
I would like to add that Isabelle also has Inkling's Down Smash.
1536922353494.png

1536922397027.png

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
To me a buried Lloid seems to taking after the origin of Gyroids in general, since you find them buried after every rain in Animal Crossings. Also looks like that's where Snake's mine went. Isabelle's slowly choosing that thug life...

Anyway, I still believe that the most firm move for us, is to look out for any probable times to see if Diddy has Dixie-based pink costume. Depending on how it'd turn out, we're probably further on the clear about Dixie being in, Echo'd or a Semi-Clone.

I'm still just glad that they are giving some consideration again for Brawl-esque Semi-Clones again, I've missed them so much.

Well there's no way we can find out about Diddy's costumes now since he's not in any demos yet so we might have to wait for that.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A mesh up character then? Same with Ganondorf really, who was given Ike's Forward and Up Smashes, and Cloud's Down Smash. This is pretty much ideal. Yeah I don't feel much for Isabelle either, never did. Even as a Echo she could be skipped over for all I cared. But she's in. And guess that's good for Dixie. Weird how she wasn't shown yet though. Almost thought that Tom Nook was gonna be Isabelle's Echo honestly.

Anyway, Dixie seems solid now. No Echoes being showcases right now was good. Otherwise, this Direct was extremely underwhelming to me.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally think that semi-clones were part of the first project plan. I think both Dixie and Isabelle could have planned for high priority semi-clones, similar to Lucas in Brawl. I think echoes were added in the latter stage of development.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
So now that we can finally call a ceasefire on the Echo wars. Now's a great time to call some moves on the community Dixie. Its not a waste of time. A unique Dixie can happen, and we have our proof. I currently have contributions from five users. So if anyone wants to call Up Smash, Down Smash, tilts, weight etc feel free :).

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
if Dixie : i forget that reveal
if NO Dixie : Upset a little bit and clearly not the ultimate smash we want! ( Only Dixie is missing)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Am also not 100% sold on semi clone. Not feeling Isabelle but what I get from her move set is she’s mostly unique. Based on Villager yes, but lots of unique animations. Why give her that much attention? Didn’t know she was popular worth of more than being a Echo.
My dude, she was playable in Mario Kart and Monster Hunter, had two Amiibo and basically helped spur three spin-offs in 4 years. She's incredibly popular but just not among hardcore Smash fans. Among casual players, I wouldn't be surprised if she was in the top ten most popular Nintendo characters right now.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
isabelle appears a LOT in merchandise and promotional material for nintendo products in general

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm hyped about Isabelles semi-clone status like everyone else since it gives Dixie as the same more hope. ^_^

I could easily see a few moves staying the same (like dtilt, fsmash, sideB, ..), but not most of them. I doubt she'd keep the banana.

Hopefully she'll really make it into the game (if not base then DLC!). It's still kind of a cointoss.. If she does - veeery likely not as an echo. :)

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Isabelle being a semi clone is fantastic news for Dixie. I think y’all right, it’d be strange if Isabelle was the only semi clone. And if there was one other semi clone it’d be Dixie.

I think this also raises Funky’s chances since if Dixie’s not an echo DK could still use one and that’d be Funky.

K Rool, Banjo and (semi clone) Dixie in one game would be a dream come true. If Funky also got in it’d be beyond any of my wildest dreams.

Top Bottom