• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Yes but also we shouldn't, you know, expect that because otherwise we'll be very disappointed.

Really though, I just think Echoes are such a wonderful idea that they could have gone so much further with. I'd just love a new way to play Donkey Kong--Funky, Chunky, Swanky, Kiddy, hell even Ghastly King could all work as echoes of DK. Of course Funky is the only one I could ever see happening.

Hilda and Ravio as echoes of Zelda and Young Link, respectively. Malos as an echo of Shulk. Obvious ones like Shadow, Black Shadow, and Ninten. Dark Meta Knight, Louie, Shadow Dedede. I'm honestly surprised we didn't get Octoling. There's just so much potential!

At the end of the day, though, I hope Dixie isn't one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Jungle Hijinx likely got scrapped because of the stage morph mechanic. As for TF content, well, the only new DK content in the game so far is King K. Rool and the Klaptrap AT. You almost get the impression that Sakurai thought with all the K. Rool votes, maybe he assumed fans didn't want Retro Studios stuff.
It's funny now classic Donkey Kong games got more stuff then DKCR and Tropical Freeze.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes but also we shouldn't, you know, expect that because otherwise we'll be very disappointed.

Really though, I just think Echoes are such a wonderful idea that they could have gone so much further with. I'd just love a new way to play Donkey Kong--Funky, Chunky, Swanky, Kiddy, hell even Ghastly King could all work as echoes of DK. Of course Funky is the only one I could ever see happening.

Hilda and Ravio as echoes of Zelda and Young Link, respectively. Malos as an echo of Shulk. Obvious ones like Shadow, Black Shadow, and Ninten. Dark Meta Knight, Louie, Shadow Dedede. I'm honestly surprised we didn't get Octoling. There's just so much potential!

At the end of the day, though, I hope Dixie isn't one.
There probably would have been more if the staff had more than three years of development.

It's funny now classic Donkey Kong games got more stuff then DKCR and Tropical Freeze.
I'll say, even Paon's games have references. :laugh:

I don't mind it though, since I'd like for them to make up for lost time as Smash goes along in the future.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
There's a new Snakey Chantey arrangement in the game!

check at 5:00

Last edited:

Mimic88

Smash Cadet
Color me impressed. Some of these illustrations are beautiful. Especially this one by BirthNote BirthNote

I really hope Nintendo takes these seriously. There's a lot of hard work in them and they're beautiful pictures.

StormC

Smash Hero
With a Snakey Chantey remix and rips of Ice Cave Chant and Funky's Fugue, I'm hopeful the DK soundtrack might actually have some deep cuts this time.

Besides TF music (and more DKC3 music just to acknowledge the game's existence), I really hope we get Crocodile Cacophony, even if it's just a rip.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
It really is nice to see DKC is getting more love this game. So far, two new songs that aren't just remixes of Jungle Hijinx, plus a bunch of new Spirits! Here's hoping we get some tropical freeze tracks too.

Edit: Ice Cave Chant? Anyone got a link to that?

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
With a Snakey Chantey remix and rips of Ice Cave Chant and Funky's Fugue, I'm hopeful the DK soundtrack might actually have some deep cuts this time.

Besides TF music (and more DKC3 music just to acknowledge the game's existence), I really hope we get Crocodile Cacophony, even if it's just a rip.
SNAKEY CHANTEY!!!!! This pleases me to no end. FINALLY no more 1,000 Jungle Hijinx remixes. Sakurai DOES care! I'm so happy...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Color me impressed. Some of these illustrations are beautiful. Especially this one by BirthNote BirthNote

I really hope Nintendo takes these seriously. There's a lot of hard work in them and they're beautiful pictures.

I really appreciate your encouraging words. It's always serendipitous to see people liking my art, and for thank you very, VERY much!

Image is broken for me.
Here's the direct link:
https://i.imgur.com/TlIbYy3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

And here's the full moveset
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K8uiriHDYL4gi51Glbk9LXu9M3UQJcDXDyUImB4umio/edit

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
It's great to have more DKC music in the game! Especially Snakey Chantey is one of my favourites. Still hoping for Crocodile cacophony and Credits Conserto-DK Rescued remixes :D

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh man, either Credits Concerto or DK Rescued would be 100000000/10.

I know unlocking DK music will be one of my first focuses (assuming you can unlock music by choice and not randomly).

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Oh man, either Credits Concerto or DK Rescued would be 100000000/10.

I know unlocking DK music will be one of my first focuses (assuming you can unlock music by choice and not randomly).
Been confirmed you can buy music tracks in the store. Definitely gonna be buying all DK tracks that aren't Jungle Hijinx first then moving onto Sonic. Studiopolis? STUDIOPOLIS! If we got Mirage Saloon Act 2, Hard Boiled Heavies theme, Stardust Speedway, or any other Sonic song from any Sonic game really. God the wait for this game is PAINFUL!

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I love how the music became more hype than any of the other features just for the sheer fact of including more than jungle hijinx remixes (I’ll have to admit, I’m hype for that as well).

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Dixie DLC should bring:

Forest Interlude (jazz fight remix)
Snowmad Theme
Water World GBA
Stilt Village GBA
Cliffs from DKC3 SNES

StormC

Smash Hero
With franchise music playing on all stages now, we're going to get some weird mashups. We can have Ice Cave Chant play on 75m.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Gather round kiddo's as your old pal Cranky has got a Kongspiracy tale to tell all of you regarding Dixie as DLC and I feel she is extremely likely based on easier development and quick turnaround. In fact I predict Dixie will be the first DLC newcomer of the bunch.

- Dixie can be developed based on Diddy's model. No I'm not talking about an echo but using Diddy as a base to develop Dixie. Could be a semi-clone similar to Isabelle but a bit more unique than she is.

- A returning Jungle Hijinx but with the background thing gone and covered in Ice. The stage will now be called "Homecoming Hijinx" it's the quickest way to pump out the first DLC pack.

- We haven't seen many or any new Tropical Freeze music yet. They could easily rip a few tracks from Tropical Freeze and port them into Smash Ultimate.

-Tropical Freeze is relevant again due to the Switch port. Shame that the game got overlooked in both Smash games. Since Tropical Freeze came out too late into Smash 4's development I think it would've been on Sakurai's mind during Ultimate's development but obviously K.Rool took priority.

-We still don't know what Retro Studios is working on. Reggie and David of Ubisoft both hinted a new DK game is in development. Also Nintendo has specifically stated "Franchise's debut on Nintendo Switch" when they announced the Tropical Freeze port. So Dixie can be used as an "advertisement" for a hypothetical DK game to be announced at E3 2019.

-With all the love classic DKC is getting in Ultimate with remixes, tons of DK spirits, it's first assist trophy, and of course the Kremling King himself K.Rool added as a playable character due to ballot demand. If I was Nintendo I would capitalize all the DKC love and add Dixie as DLC because while a lot of the K.Rool fanbase is content with just K.Rool and aren't making much noise publicly for Dixie. Guarantee 90% of all those K.Rool supporters will buy Dixie even if they don't publicly show it simply because they love DKC.

But then again it's JUST a theory.....a KONG theory...thanks for reading!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I can't be the only one that thinks that Ice Cave Chant might be a hint towards a Tropical Freeze stage. Think about it. The song, thematically, doesn't fit with any other DK stage. And guess what comes with a stage?

This might bode well for Dixie, folks!

UserKev

Smash Champion
To be real, Dixie Kong should have been in the based roster. DLC is insulting to Donkey Kong to where, its legit. The only good thing about Dixie DLC is, "at least she got in."

StormC

Smash Hero
To be real, Dixie Kong should have been in the based roster. DLC is insulting to Donkey Kong to where, its legit. The only good thing about Dixie DLC is, "at least she got in."
I mean, if she was in the base roster, she'd probably be an echo fighter, so I'd rather she be DLC as at least a semi-clone.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I try to avoid general victim statements like "this is an insult to _____" because it comes off as really entitled. Even though I still believe DK is underrepresented, you can't say that Smash Ultimate is "disrespecting" or "insulting" the franchise ever again. Not after that glorious day in August.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If we're ALL being real/honest Diddy should've been added in Melee, K.Rool in Brawl, Dixie in Smash 4, and Cranky or Funky should've been the DK newcomer for Ultimate. But sadly that's not what happened. DK series was so behind in content that at this point getting Dixie as DLC is the best thing we can hope for and regardless of how Dixie is added having her playable is a win regardless. Yeah it sucks we gotta pay extra for Dixie (if she is chosen) but best to right the wrongs late then keep the wrongs unrighted.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been brought up already, but from reading some of the other threads Bandana Dee and Elma have also shown up as spirits. So more good news for Dixie!

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been brought up already, but from reading some of the other threads Bandana Dee and Elma have also shown up as spirits. So more good news for Dixie!
Yeah. I checked it out to see if they are Spirits, and there they are. Hopefully this does mean that Dixie still has a chance!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its going to come down to Pirahna Plant, and whether it has a spirit or not. If Pirahna Plant lacks a spirit, it will become clear that they are deconfirmations. If it does have a spirit, then it means that they are not deconfirmed, and that there exists a possibility for characters with spirits to become DLC.

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys!

Count me in the supporters! Dixie is in my top 5 most wanted characters for DLC. I'm also really happy about King K Rool in Ultimate (I voted for him during the Ballot period). Played some Tropical Freeze not long about. Still a masterpiece and Wise finest OST.

Take cares

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Hi guys!

Count me in the supporters! Dixie is in my top 5 most wanted characters for DLC. I'm also really happy about King K Rool in Ultimate (I voted for him during the Ballot period). Played some Tropical Freeze not long about. Still a masterpiece and Wise finest OST.

Take cares
Welcome aboard the barrel! If it were up to me DLC would be Dixie, Bandana Dee, Elma, Captain Toad, and Impa. Uniting all the major Nintendo character fanbases together.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Probably late, but for those keeping score at home, the new DK music so far is:

--Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr. Medley
--Simian Segue/Bonus Room Blitz
--Funky's Fugue
--Ice Cave Chant
--Gang-Plank Galleon
--Snakey Chanty

Not one new Tropical Freeze track in sight. And with such deep pulls for classic DKC music, the developers have no plausible deniability in saying they didn't know about the plethora of good music in the most recent title.

My guess is there's maybe just Homecoming Hijinxs in the base game, accompanying the Lord Fredrik spirit. Leaves the door wide open for the rest of the music to come bundled along with Dixie and a new stage.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Tropical Freeze music doesn't even have to be remixed--it's so recent they can just pull it from the game and it'll be just as good. Very strange.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The fact that we're finally getting new DKC music is amazing. I guess someone on the Smash team played more than the first level of DKC1 for once! LOL!

I do think it's suspicious we only have 3 DKC stages in the game (DK Arcade doesn't count as it's a retro stage), and the DKCR level from Smash U being cut was odd as well. I really, really hope we can get Dixie with a Tropical Freeze stage.

Also really glad to see so many Kong's as spirits. Even Swanky Kong returned out of obscurity...who would know who he is outside of hardcore DK fans? Interesting.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
If we got a Tropical Freeze stage with Dixie, Donkey Kong fans could officially never ask for anything again.

Except for a Funky echo fighter.

And a remix of "Jib Jig".

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yep, I'd be content. After 18+ years the core DK cast would be complete, anything on top of that would just be a bonus. As a Metroid fan that's how I felt when we got Dark Samus along with Ridley, felt like a nice added bonus.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I was reaaaally expecting a DK echo fighter after K Rool to mirror what Metroid got, whether that be Dixie or Funky, but now I see that they probably were only aiming to make echo fighters for humanshape characters, for whatever reason. Maybe it would have been harder to make echoes for big blobs like Donkey Kong.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
- Dixie can be developed based on Diddy's model. No I'm not talking about an echo but using Diddy as a base to develop Dixie. Could be a semi-clone similar to Isabelle but a bit more unique than she is.

- A returning Jungle Hijinx but with the background thing gone and covered in Ice. The stage will now be called "Homecoming Hijinx" it's the quickest way to pump out the first DLC pack.

- We haven't seen many or any new Tropical Freeze music yet. They could easily rip a few tracks from Tropical Freeze and port them into Smash Ultimate.
As much as I want Dixie, even I'd be a bit disappointed if the first DLC was a semi-clone fighter, a semi-clone stage, and music ripped directly from another game. And for people who don't necessarily care about Dixie, that would be a really bad first impression of the fighter pass.

Top Bottom