• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Adding Dixie would also fix one of my other gripes with this game, which is a lack of Tropical Freeze stuff.
I'd assume she'd come with a Tropical Freeze stage and a bunch of music from the game.

Honestly, I can't really imagine a better DLC pack than that.

If they were to add a stage from TF, what would you guys want?
Frozen DK Isle, if only so they can meet their jungle quota. :p

Either that or Bramble Scramble.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
My choice of stage is a mine-cart stage. I don't care which one, but the most memorable, fun, iconic levels of the DKC games are the mine-cart levels. How we haven't gotten a mine-cart DKC stage in Smash yet is almost as big of a crime/missed opportunity than a Bowser's Castle stage. While not from Tropical Freeze I always felt this would be the perfect DKCR stage (instead of boring Jungle Hijinx):

Obviously you'd have to make some tweaks to fit the confines of Smash. Yeah it would be kinda similar to Spirit Train but they could also incorporate the track breaking and going from bottom layer to top layer, parts of the train falling apart so there's less platform to stand on. Idk just tired of jungle levels when they are iconic to the series but I feel the mine-carts are just as iconic.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I think a travelling stage that visits various parts of World 6 (particularly Homecoming Hijinxs, Seashore War, and Cliffside Slide) could work. It shows the main story and aesthetic of TF as a whole and would be a good way to have a stage for the more serious/epic tracks that don't fit the fun jungle aesthetic of DK that is already overrepresented in the other stages. The main issue would be the labor involved. It would likely take a lot of time. Alternatively, it could just take place by the beach with a bunch of Snowmad ships firing cannonballs from the background.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I'd love to see the Kremland Rollercoasters from DKC2. Those were some of my favorite levels in the game with that signature DK minecart ride chaos, and seeing all the vibrant rides n' fireworks against the night sky pleased the eyes.

Just imagine all the potential details that'd come with an HD face-lift. The night sky could be illuminated with stars, with life balloons flying up. The fireworks could make formations in the shape of characters. Flutters or Zingers flying about, with Zinger hives in the far background amongst the hills. There could even be maintenance Kritters fixing the sides of the rails.

^This dude could even show up on occasion.

I think that would be amazing.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I really like the idea of a sawmill stage based on tropical freeze.

The stage is a giant log that gets carved by saw blades throughout the match changing the platform layout.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I really like the idea of a sawmill stage based on tropical freeze.

The stage is a giant log that gets carved by saw blades throughout the match changing the platform layout.
I was about to bring this up. John from Gamexplain really got my mouth watering for a Tropical Freeze stage when he brought this up in their Direct predictions.

Honestly, any area from Tropical Freeze would make one of the best Smash stages ever. The idea I had, however, was for a stage based on Cliffside Slide. It'd be the farthest thing from jungle we could get and I personally think we need more winter representation in Smash, the first snow of the season occurring now being a reminder.
Cliffside Slide.jpg

It would be an autoscroller, featuring crumbling platforms, bouncy flowers, and a river effect similar to that of Jungle Japes if you get caught in the snow. The silhouette effect is optional, as there could definitely be some unforeseen effect on gameplay and obviously it wouldn't work on the Omega or Battlefield forms of the stage, but it would certainly help make the stage unique.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
There are just SO many good potential stages in Tropical Freeze.

I'm not sure how good Dixie's chances are, but man Tropical Freeze itself needs more love in Smash.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Been a while since I posted, but Gobliiin Gobliiin is officially a Support Buddy. Thought I added them earlier TBH.

Sabertooth Sabertooth good job so far with the Twitter account, if you find other Dixie-related art on the internet, see if you can get permission to post it. With credit of course.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I miss us being active like we used to... did we all really give up the hope for Dixie? :(

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think people are just a little tired and the fact that we don't really have any more content reveals to look forward until the game launches has sort of zapped the energy for Smash discussion in general. We're all waiting to see what the game is like. I think that will revive discussion about the game and potential characters for the future, including our buddy Dix.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Yeah, whether we voice support or not is literally not going to make a difference. The DLC is decided so all we can do is hope. And hope I shall.

Nonetheless, this support thread is nice and relaxing to hang out in, and if the Dixie twitter gains traction then maybe some folks on there can discuss with each other how nice it'd be to see Dixie included.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think people are just a little tired and the fact that we don't really have any more content reveals to look forward until the game launches has sort of zapped the energy for Smash discussion in general. We're all waiting to see what the game is like. I think that will revive discussion about the game and potential characters for the future, including our buddy Dix.
Yeah, things are so dull right now that some folks resorted to sniping the fanbases of support threads again. :urg:

Hopefully time passes by much quicker for everyone once the game is finally in their hands.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah nothing really to talk about and honestly like I've stated in the past getting a little burnt out in speculation. I just want the freaking game already. I'm playing Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu (which I'm enjoying honestly) to keep my mind off of Smash too much. Not to mention DLC has already been decided by Nintendo and if Nintendo's history with treating the DKC series/it's characters with respect/love it doesn't exactly give me much confidence in Dixie's chances honestly. I just bought one of those Dixie plushies and have put it on top of my NES coffee table next to my giant Mario figurine, chain chomp lamp, and my Switch for good luck. Hopefully she's added but for now I just want to enjoy all the current newcomers.

But to add to the discussion let's rank the Kong family members from favorite to least favorite I'll start:

1. Donkey Kong - He's my favorite of the bunch, you know him well. I like that he's basically Nintendo's version of the Hulk. He has a temper but also deep down loves his family and cares about them. He also can be very humorous. DK is my favorite Nintendo hero!

2. Dixie Kong - Yes Dixie is my 2nd favorite Kong. She's a cool chick who enjoys adventuring, hanging with the dudes, and loves rock music and bubblegum. While she is kinda tom-boyish, she also still has plenty of girly/feminine tendencies/charm. She also a very cute character I like her design!

3. Cranky Kong - The original arcade DK. I love the humor of this Kong. Breaks the 4th wall and berates the players. Plus it's just funny seeing an old man doing the crazy **** the young Kongs do but better.

4. Funky Kong - He's the party surfer dude of the Kong crew! Super laid-back hates adventuring (which is kinda retconned with the Switch version of Tropical Freeze) but still comes to the aid of the Kongs when in need (but at a price of course ;) ) He also sounds like Lil Jon so that makes him extra funny.

5. Chunky Kong - It's a shame this character lived/died with DK64. He had so much personality. A super strong/big Kong but deep down a scaredy cat. He was hilarious in DK64 and wish the character would've appeared or even referenced in future games. If Rare had stayed with Nintendo, no doubt in my mind he would've been in future games.

6. Lanky Kong - He's a cool goofy Kong and definitely the most unique Kong of the bunch added in DK64. He's an orangutan who has long stretchy arms, can handstand, very acrobatic, and can inflate himself just like a balloon this crazy Kong needs to come back soon!

7. Diddy Kong - I like Diddy but don't love him. He always lacked a distinct personality/character trait to me. Yes I get that he's iconic alongside DK himself due to appearing in the first DKC as the player 2. But maybe I hold a little resentment to him due to the overexposure he's gotten by Nintendo over other Kong family members I personally enjoy more. Still like the character and Diddy Kong Racing and Diddy's Kong Quest are both 2 of my favorite games ever.

Wrinkly, Candy, Kiddy, Tiny, and Swanky I could honestly take them or leave them. I wouldn't be upset if none of them appeared again but I wouldn't be against if they did (well maybe Kiddy).

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I miss us being active like we used to... did we all really give up the hope for Dixie? :(
First off, I think Smash discussion in general is kind of winding down at the moment. We know everything there is to know about the game until it launches. There's nothing to really say that hasn't already been said.
The Dixie thread is always on topic and I feel like we've kinda all given our thoughts on everything at this point.

Other character threads (like Shantae's for example) stay super active because there are a handful of users that use it as a sort of mini general thread. I wouldn't get discouraged about a lack of interest in Dixie, or the low thread activity. I think there are still plenty of people rooting for her.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Yeah nothing really to talk about and honestly like I've stated in the past getting a little burnt out in speculation. I just want the freaking game already. I'm playing Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu (which I'm enjoying honestly) to keep my mind off of Smash too much. Not to mention DLC has already been decided by Nintendo and if Nintendo's history with treating the DKC series/it's characters with respect/love it doesn't exactly give me much confidence in Dixie's chances honestly. I just bought one of those Dixie plushies and have put it on top of my NES coffee table next to my giant Mario figurine, chain chomp lamp, and my Switch for good luck. Hopefully she's added but for now I just want to enjoy all the current newcomers.

But to add to the discussion let's rank the Kong family members from favorite to least favorite I'll start:

1. Donkey Kong - He's my favorite of the bunch, you know him well. I like that he's basically Nintendo's version of the Hulk. He has a temper but also deep down loves his family and cares about them. He also can be very humorous. DK is my favorite Nintendo hero!

2. Dixie Kong - Yes Dixie is my 2nd favorite Kong. She's a cool chick who enjoys adventuring, hanging with the dudes, and loves rock music and bubblegum. While she is kinda tom-boyish, she also still has plenty of girly/feminine tendencies/charm. She also a very cute character I like her design!

3. Cranky Kong - The original arcade DK. I love the humor of this Kong. Breaks the 4th wall and berates the players. Plus it's just funny seeing an old man doing the crazy **** the young Kongs do but better.

4. Funky Kong - He's the party surfer dude of the Kong crew! Super laid-back hates adventuring (which is kinda retconned with the Switch version of Tropical Freeze) but still comes to the aid of the Kongs when in need (but at a price of course ;) ) He also sounds like Lil Jon so that makes him extra funny.

5. Chunky Kong - It's a shame this character lived/died with DK64. He had so much personality. A super strong/big Kong but deep down a scaredy cat. He was hilarious in DK64 and wish the character would've appeared or even referenced in future games. If Rare had stayed with Nintendo, no doubt in my mind he would've been in future games.

6. Lanky Kong - He's a cool goofy Kong and definitely the most unique Kong of the bunch added in DK64. He's an orangutan who has long stretchy arms, can handstand, very acrobatic, and can inflate himself just like a balloon this crazy Kong needs to come back soon!

7. Diddy Kong - I like Diddy but don't love him. He always lacked a distinct personality/character trait to me. Yes I get that he's iconic alongside DK himself due to appearing in the first DKC as the player 2. But maybe I hold a little resentment to him due to the overexposure he's gotten by Nintendo over other Kong family members I personally enjoy more. Still like the character and Diddy Kong Racing and Diddy's Kong Quest are both 2 of my favorite games ever.

Wrinkly, Candy, Kiddy, Tiny, and Swanky I could honestly take them or leave them. I wouldn't be upset if none of them appeared again but I wouldn't be against if they did (well maybe Kiddy).
Hmm if I had to rank the Kongs, here's what be my list on them.

1. Diddy and Dixie
I've grown to love both equally though as a teen Dixie was my favorite cause of how she played in DKC games however I got rather attached to Diddy since I really love how he plays in Smash so I honestly can't decide who I like more between the two. I've always found them very cute and to be my favorite video game couple, Dkc2 is one of the few games were a couple go together on an adventure which is why that game is so heartwarming to me plus I love both of their win animations in that game.

3. Classic Tiny Kong, I know not everyone was happy with her taking Dixie's place in Dk 64 but I just find her to be super adorable and her spunk always made me smile, I really wish they kept her original design(I hate her modern design) it would have been sweet to see her with Diddy and Dixie together in her classic design.

4. Funky Kong, he's just so cool with those shades and his surfer dude attitude is amusing to me plus the themes he had in the SNES were catchy. I got quite a kick out of playing as him in the Switch version of Tropical Freeze.

5. Donkey Kong, to be honest I was never too attached to him but I do like him especially during his badass moments like in Jungle Beat and Subspace emissary. He's really cool in Dk 64 but I always preferred Diddy in Dkc1 for his speed(also I always kinda like being the sidekick or secondary character in general) I didn't really pick him that much in Smash since I'm not really into using heavyweight characters(though I love using Bowser) he does have some funny facial expressions that make me laugh.

6. Cranky, while I do enjoy his snarky comments, I never too much of him other than being an NPC grumpy old man up until Tropical Freeze turn him into a spiritual successor to Scrounge McDuck which I enjoyed(though I still used Diddy and Dixie as my partner more since I adore them) he's alright.

I don't have a strong opinion on the others, Candy is just there. Lanky is okay. Chunky Kong was pretty funny, shame that he disappeared completely like his brother Kiddy who was understandably gone since he wasn't appealing to many people(which I agree with) , Swanky and Wrinkly were neat NPC's. I sorta get why they don't use all of them too much but it wouldn't hurt to have the lesser used ones to make cameos now and then.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I've been making posts on the Dixie Twitter sharing fanart from the OP. There's some pretty good stuff in there. Don't forget to follow!
Hey you should be following Steve Mayles and tweet him some fanart/ideas. He usually retweets/replies to a LOT of stuff. I think it's a good way for the twitter to gain a few more followers.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
My favorite Kongs:

1. Donkey Kong:
I have to admit that when the original dkc trilogy came out, while I liked DK very much, I was a bigger fan of Dixie, but because Nintendo didn't use the other dk characters that much over the years, I ended up picking always DK in every Nintendo game he was available like Mario Kart, Smash, Mario Party and so on. I always liked him more than mario. His design is timeless. He's just my favorite video game/Nintendo character!

2. Dixie Kong:
The first time I saw and played with Dixie I "fell in love" with the character. Her floating abilities were very cool at that time and I liked her animations. That she was one of the first female protagonist I played with was also a very good change. It's such a shame Nintendo didn't push her more into the mario spin off games like DK or Diddy.

3. Lanky Kong:
He was my favorite character out of the new ones in dk64. I really liked his abilities and his goofy and funny appearance.

4. Diddy Kong:
I do like Diddy, but I do almost always prefer other characters in the games he is playable: For example in DKC I picked DK over him and in DKC 2 I always went for Dixie. I don't know, I think he's cute but he didn't really stand out to me, only when he got his jetpacks and other abilities in dk64 did he become more interesting.

5. Chunky Kong
6. Tiny Kong
7. Funky Kong
8. Kiddy Kong
9. Cranky Kong

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Here's my personal favorites, in no real order:

:ultdk: - When I played DKC 1/2 as a 12 yr old, I didn't really think much of him compared to Diddy or Dixie, but in recent times, I've come to really love & appreciate the big guy. He got a much-needed refinement in Smash 4 that made him a blast to play, I really liked his voice/portrayal in DK64, & it's pretty satisfying to demolish stuff with him in the Retro Studios duology (it makes me feel like I'm truly playing as a gorilla). I've yet to try New Play Control Jungle Beat, but man that game looks so, so fun. Like Mariomaniac, I do sorta view DK as the big N's Hulk, but like, if he was crossed with Baloo from the Jungle Book.

:ultdiddy:- While I do somewhat share the sentiment of him being a bit flat compared to other Kongs, I can't deny my soft spot for the little dude. Plus, it helps that I like to interpret him as a more sensible version of Henery Hawk/Scrappy-Doo who shows fear & knows full well when the odds are against him (you can kinda thank the DKC cartoon for that). When it comes to games, He is fun to play as in Smash (though I do miss his less exaggerated Brawl movements), Love his look in the Retro duology, & he's one of my favorites in Mario Kart: Double Dash (I like pairing him up with Toad for some reason). Diddy Kong Racing & especially DKC2 need no explanation.

-
Love this lass. She's cute, energetic, has a giant multipurpose ponytail & can shred the guitar. What's not to love?! She & Diddy are easily some of my favorite teamups in gaming thanks solely to DKC2. What sucks is how she didn't pop up in too many Mario spin-offs (or you-know-what) as a result of missing the voyage of the S.S. N64, & she didn't get nearly enough action in the cartoon (that was pretty much my intro to DKC, if ya haven't guessed yet... also, what in Zeus' name did they do to her ponytail?!). At least we have Tropical Freeze, in which she is as cute as ever AND has the elusive title of being the best partner in the game.

- It's almost uncanny how much I genuinely dig this clown (memes be damned). When I first played DK64 back in 2012, I thought he was just okay, but as I slowly progressed through the game some odd years down the line, he really started to grow on me. I love his stretchy arms & balloon powers, he's fun to draw, & his design really gives me vibes of a classic golden-age cartoon character. Something about this goof just plain clicks with me (possibly on a spiritual level) in spite of the irrelevancy, & I sincerely hope he returns to the series one day.

- Normally, I'd kinda roll my eyes at a character like Funky, but fortunately, Rare gave this dude just enough depth as a gadfly mechanic to be more than a novelty. I love when he first returned in OG Tropical Freeze, it was weird but awesome how Nintendo picked him of all characters for Mario Kart Wii. It's ingenious how he was added as essentially an easy mode in Tropical Freeze "Deluxe" (which I've sadly yet to pick up), & I love/will forever associate him with his voice from the cartoon. Funky's just a really likable guy, & every time I think about him being in Smash, I can't help but be amused by the thought.

As for some of the others...
Cranky (I kinda have the same thoughts as Arymle R. on him. It'd be great to have him in Smash after Dixie, but even then, he's not really a top priority, personally speaking.)
Chunky (just loaded with lovable personality & humor. He's probably my sixth fav, but admittedly redundant from a gameplay standpoint when we have DK.)
Tiny (She was fun in DK64, but like Chunky, she's a bit redundant. Plus, she did take Dixie's spot at a vital time for the series, sooo......yeah.)
Wrinkly (She's a sweet old lady. You can't go wrong with a sweet old lady. Though, is it bad that she became more interesting to me after she was miraculously killed off? :evil:)

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I made a tweet showcasing SuperMallow's really good video on three different movesets for Dixie Kong. I don't have experience linking YouTube videos to Twitter so I hope I did it right. You can view the tweet here.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
For future use, if you want to directly embed tweets into your post, just click the ellipses after the emoji, click media, and paste the tweet's URL.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Sweet!

So some of the folks over at DK Vine are throwing around the idea of the next DKC game being Western-themed, and all of the characters dressing like cowboys. What if we then got a Dixie moveset based around cowgirl stuff? I know it's a huge stretch but it sounds kind of awesome to me.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
You know now that you guys mentioned it, you're right why isn't there more Tropical Freeze rep? And why did the DKCR stage get scrapped? Dixie is the next logical step for a fighter. I hope since Nintendo decided the DLC, they thought Dixie would be a good fit.

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
My top Kongs are:

1. DK
Nintendo's own strongest one there is. True badass when he needs to be and has unparalleled strength. A bit of goofy and cares deeply of his friends (and bananas). Been my number one Kong since 1994.

2. Dixie
Close one with Diddy but i like Dixie just a tiny bit more. Her ponytail makes her so different from others and always liked her jump/recovery in DKC2/3 and TF. Brave girl with smile on her face.

3. Diddy
While DK is the brawn, Diddy has the speed. And he's small enough to avoid some dangers with ease. He seems to have a very positive attitude and always ready for action

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
top kongs:

1. Dixie Kong
I attribute Dixie being my favorite mostly due to me as a child preferring her over Diddy in DKC2 since her copter hair made it much easier to do stuff. But I also just appreciate cute characters and Dixie is adorable but also has just a little bit of an edge with her sick guitar licks and attraction to excitement.

2. Diddy Kong
Admittedly I'm biased and mostly just like Diddy because he was the main protagonist in DKC2 but I also appreciate his enthusiasm for adventure and desire to prove himself as a video game hero.

3. Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong never really clicked with me, mostly because I didn't grow up with DKC1 or DK64 so I never really got to attach to him as a playable character. That said, I gained more appreciation for him after playing more DK games because I got to see his personality beyond just the goofy giant he often comes across as in Mario spinoffs. Now I think of him as kind of a cool older brother archetype, weird as that sounds. It makes sense to me.

4. Cranky Kong
Cranky's a character I actually never thought I could like because he's just such a trash-talker in the SNES games, but his appearance in Tropical Freeze mitigates this somewhat knowing that he's not just full of hot air. And the fact that he's basically Scrooge McDuck helps.

dont have any opinions on any other kongs at this time

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know now that you guys mentioned it, you're right why isn't there more Tropical Freeze rep? And why did the DKCR stage get scrapped? Dixie is the next logical step for a fighter. I hope since Nintendo decided the DLC, they thought Dixie would be a good fit.
Hopefully, otherwise we lost a stage for no reason at all other than not fitting the Stage Morph feature.

StormC

Smash Hero
Jungle Hijinx likely got scrapped because of the stage morph mechanic. As for TF content, well, the only new DK content in the game so far is King K. Rool and the Klaptrap AT. You almost get the impression that Sakurai thought with all the K. Rool votes, maybe he assumed fans didn't want Retro Studios stuff.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Jungle Hijinx likely got scrapped because of the stage morph mechanic. As for TF content, well, the only new DK content in the game so far is King K. Rool and the Klaptrap AT. You almost get the impression that Sakurai thought with all the K. Rool votes, maybe he assumed fans didn't want Retro Studios stuff.
Two steps forward, one step backward, I suppose. :laugh:

In any case, there should be some TF songs, at the very least. Crunchii has only been granted the ability to post unmodified songs, previous remixes and retro medleys so far (aside from the songs made specifically for Ultimate), so my hunch is the TF songs we might get are remixed.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I doubt it was that. There were barely any new stages period. Even Pokemon didn't get a new stage. And Klaptrap while thematically tied with K. Rool was a HQ model they had created already for the jungle japes stages. It just makes you wonder if K. Rool wasn't in this game, would we be getting DK anything? Maybe just the Klaptrap or K. Rool as an a AT. Lol.

BTW I dislike the jungle stages. I honestly think it's so boring to just have two different jungle river stages set at different times of the day. But I'm guessing that's also why these stages exist anyway, they can share assets like the trees/foilage.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it was that. There were barely any new stages period. Even Pokemon didn't get a new stage. And Klaptrap while thematically tied with K. Rool was a HQ model they had created already for the jungle japes stages. It just makes you wonder if K. Rool wasn't in this game, would we be getting DK anything? Maybe just the Klaptrap or K. Rool as an a AT. Lol.

BTW I dislike the jungle stages. I honestly think it's so boring to just have two different jungle river stages set at different times of the day. But I'm guessing that's also why these stages exist anyway, they can share assets like the trees/foilage.
Yeah, I'm still not convinced the series is out of the Smash doldrums yet, but I think we'll gain more insight into that matter when we see whatever songs we get.

I like Jungle Japes and Kongo Falls, actually. They both have that nostalgic Rare DKC1 vibe and I can't complain about that. Plus, Kongo Falls has that raft that kind of reminds me of a piece of the Gangplank Galleon, so it feels like K. Rool's home stage to me. We definitely need more variety though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Rank the Kongs? Alright let’s do that.

1. Diddy Kong
If this wasn’t obvious, now it is. Diddy was the avatar of my childhood basically. He’s also a very lovable character with a solid, of somewhat typical 90s design. Has a mix of personality of being a bit of a show off, loyalty to who he considers his family, a passionate desire to proof himself and being laid back on the easier days. Felt that quite relatable and he’s also my favorite Kong to play as due to his abilities.

2. Donkey Kong
Just a very lovable character in general. Stands up for what he believes in but rather chills off at the beachside if nothing happens at all. Protective and laid back, with a bit of a goofy side, it’s easy to see why he’s popular. Grew to appriciate him way more since the buyout since he didn't appear as much anymore. Now he's one of my favorite characters, whereas before I liked Kiddy even better.

3. Cranky Kong
How can't you love this old fella? Always up to critize your every move, and knows how to kick tail on adventures as well. Him being the original DK is also a big legacy, and they never failed to make this character interessting.

4. Dixie Kong
Her absense made me appriciate her much more as well. Very cute design, and kick ass character overall. One of Nintendo's first female protagonists, star of her own game and all. Was glad to see her return in Tropical Freeze, even if it took away much of Diddy's shine.

5. Lanky Kong
He's just funny and boast a original design, which is great since the other 2 Kongs introduced in DK64 didn't have this going for them. Obviously the most missed Kong out of the bunch.

6. Funky Kong
New Funky Mode made me appriciate him more, and PAON gave him a good redesign which Nintendo and Retro kept on using. So that's cool. He's been consistantly popping up ever since, and it seems that he's the ONLY Kong that all major developers who used or use DK characters in the past and present seriously like. Scores somewhat lower here on the list because of him being so easy to use in Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart Wii.

7. Kiddy Kong
Most undervallued and underrated Kong ever. He is statisitcally one of the better Kongs, having the speed almost matching Diddy, and the power to match DK. This made him fun to play in DKC3, and originally, I liked him more than Dixie and DK because of this. Shame he never returned and that he's mostly forgotten these days.

8. Tiny Kong
The new redesign gave her way more personality. Great to see her being used by more developers, but she hasn't seen any action ever since that redesign. So that's a bummer. Am not sure we're gonna see her playable ever again, but she'd fit a good NPC role honestly.

9. Chunky Kong
He was around for one game, seemed decently important for delivering the final blow to K.Rool, but then just vanished forever. There's not much to like or dislike really because of this. But I'll rank him above the NPC Kongs because he was atleast playable once.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I'm telling you guys, Chunky is coming back. He's making his return as Donkey Kong's Echo Fighter in the first DLC pack. Mark my words.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm telling you guys, Chunky is coming back. He's making his return as Donkey Kong's Echo Fighter in the first DLC pack. Mark my words.
Yeah sure man keep telling yourself that. lol

*February 2020 rolls around and Chunky Kong's reveal trailer comes out*

My reaction:

Top Bottom