• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
This also makes me curious of how to consider Doc, Pichu, and Young Link.

Doc: We know with Chrom, echoes can pull at least one move from another fighter, so Doc could technically echo Mario and take a move from Luigi.
Pichu: I'm assuming it's the height difference there that keeps Pichu from being a Pikachu echo. Still, they're almost nearly similar.
Young Link: Baffled as to why he isn't a Toon Link echo. Is it because he came before Toon Link? They have roughly the same size.
Honestly, I think they just didn't want to call any pre-Smash 4 clones echoes and came up with whatever they could to explain it after the fact.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only clone that could have fit the definition of an echo (thanks to only Ken though) is Dr. Mario. He had the same body as Mario, and his stats were the most similar compared to Mario. However, with how Dr. Mario has been changed with Ultimate, he has become a semi-clone with some new different moves.

Also, I do not think I would have ever commented on the whole Dixie Kong "echo or non-echo" debate. Could Dixie Kong have been an echo? Technically, yes (the same way Ganondorf was able to technically become a Captain Falcon clone). She would still need an unique recovery though (though Chrom has precedence for this). However, much like Ganondorf, while it could have been done, it would be much better if she were her own character, only borrowing a few moves from Diddy Kong (like Isabelle, Lucas, and Wolf). Her oversized ponytail offers the potential for a lot of unique attacks.

As Diddy Kong said in this thread, I was surprised too by how few echoes we got as well. There were only four more after Daisy. There were a lot of strong candidates for it, Funky Kong, Impa, Octoling, Shadow, and Jeanne.

I think it was some of the Melee clone choices (and Ganondorf ending up a clone) that gave clones their bad reputation among the Smash Bros. community to begin with.

I actually wrote this nearly ten years ago (back in January 2009), so its weird to see some of it come true (ten years later), but a lot of it very wrong (Smash 4 was able to add in many unique newcomers while able to keep most of Brawl's roster).

However, despite there being more of an effort this time to make the clones more unique, many Smash Bros. fans still complained about them. Many people don’t realize that clones are actually a blessing. Clones help to boost up the roster (especially when development time is limited), increase the chances and allow for less likely characters to get in over more important ones (like how Dr. Mario was able to get in before Wario). A character such as Vaati would never be seriously considered (assuming he does not get any more games) for a newcomer list that only consisted of non-clone characters due to him not being important enough to warrant the development time needed to make a unique character. However, he would be one of the top contenders if Sakurai’s team went “clone crazy” as he would be an easy Zelda clone (really he would only need to have the magic changed to wind and dark magic, as well as have a new down-b and Final Smash).

Clones are especially important now more than ever. Sakurai’s struggled to get to 39 characters in Brawl, and since it is likely that Nintendo’s next console will have a sizable leap in graphical and technological prowess over the Wii (it should be about on par with the 360 or PS3), then Sakurai’s team will have an even more difficult time implementing a sizable increase for the roster. Assuming no characters from Brawl are cut, I can only see ten newcomers for this possible situation. However, many people make up the Smash Bros. fanbase would be hungry for more characters, and would “rage” to find out that Smash 4 only have 10 new characters.

That is where clones come in. Making five clones takes the effort of making one character (or at least that was what Sakurai implied back with Melee). Putting in five clones would boost the roster up to 50. However, I can see many people objecting to this. However, I think one of the main reasons people object to clones, if that in Melee, some of them (in their eyes) were poor choices. If I were to select 5 clones for Smash Bros. 4, I would try to select characters that were popularly requested and important to their respective series.

The example written about Vaati was poignant because it actually ended up happening with another villain who never appeared again in their own franchise (Dark Samus). Vaati being part of the Zelda series was just another face in the crowd unfortunately, while Dark Samus was still the most significant Metroid character after Ridley (especially if you did not ignore the Prime trilogy).

I also find it amusing ten years later for an upcoming Smash Bros. game we got FIVE newcomers that consisted of the cloniest type of clones ever, yet they were all well received for the most part.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The only clone that could have fit the definition of an echo (thanks to only Ken though) is Dr. Mario. He had the same body as Mario, and his stats were the most similar compared to Mario. However, with how Dr. Mario has been changed with Ultimate, he has become a semi-clone with some new different moves.

Also, I do not think I would have ever commented on the whole Dixie Kong "echo or non-echo" debate. Could Dixie Kong have been an echo? Technically, yes (the same way Ganondorf was able to technically become a Captain Falcon clone). She would still need an unique recovery though (though Chrom has precedence for this). However, much like Ganondorf, while it could have been done, it would be much better if she were her own character, only borrowing a few moves from Diddy Kong (like Isabelle, Lucas, and Wolf). Her oversized ponytail offers the potential for a lot of unique attacks.

As Diddy Kong said in this thread, I was surprised too by how few echoes we got as well. There were only four more after Daisy. There were a lot of strong candidates for it, Funky Kong, Impa, Octoling, Shadow, and Jeanne.

I think it was some of the Melee clone choices (and Ganondorf ending up a clone) that gave clones their bad reputation among the Smash Bros. community to begin with.

I actually wrote this nearly ten years ago (back in January 2009), so its weird to see some of it come true (ten years later), but a lot of it very wrong (Smash 4 was able to add in many unique newcomers while able to keep most of Brawl's roster).

However, despite there being more of an effort this time to make the clones more unique, many Smash Bros. fans still complained about them. Many people don’t realize that clones are actually a blessing. Clones help to boost up the roster (especially when development time is limited), increase the chances and allow for less likely characters to get in over more important ones (like how Dr. Mario was able to get in before Wario). A character such as Vaati would never be seriously considered (assuming he does not get any more games) for a newcomer list that only consisted of non-clone characters due to him not being important enough to warrant the development time needed to make a unique character. However, he would be one of the top contenders if Sakurai’s team went “clone crazy” as he would be an easy Zelda clone (really he would only need to have the magic changed to wind and dark magic, as well as have a new down-b and Final Smash).

Clones are especially important now more than ever. Sakurai’s struggled to get to 39 characters in Brawl, and since it is likely that Nintendo’s next console will have a sizable leap in graphical and technological prowess over the Wii (it should be about on par with the 360 or PS3), then Sakurai’s team will have an even more difficult time implementing a sizable increase for the roster. Assuming no characters from Brawl are cut, I can only see ten newcomers for this possible situation. However, many people make up the Smash Bros. fanbase would be hungry for more characters, and would “rage” to find out that Smash 4 only have 10 new characters.

That is where clones come in. Making five clones takes the effort of making one character (or at least that was what Sakurai implied back with Melee). Putting in five clones would boost the roster up to 50. However, I can see many people objecting to this. However, I think one of the main reasons people object to clones, if that in Melee, some of them (in their eyes) were poor choices. If I were to select 5 clones for Smash Bros. 4, I would try to select characters that were popularly requested and important to their respective series.

The example written about Vaati was poignant because it actually ended up happening with another villain who never appeared again in their own franchise (Dark Samus). Vaati being part of the Zelda series was just another face in the crowd unfortunately, while Dark Samus was still the most significant Metroid character after Ridley (especially if you did not ignore the Prime trilogy).

I also find it amusing ten years later for an upcoming Smash Bros. game we got FIVE newcomers that consisted of the cloniest type of clones ever, yet they were all well received for the most part.
The idea of Vaati being a clone is kind of insulting to me...

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Clones help to boost up the roster (especially when development time is limited), increase the chances and allow for less likely characters to get in over more important ones (like how Dr. Mario was able to get in before Wario). A character such as Vaati would never be seriously considered (assuming he does not get any more games) for a newcomer list that only consisted of non-clone characters due to him not being important enough to warrant the development time needed to make a unique character. However, he would be one of the top contenders if Sakurai’s team went “clone crazy” as he would be an easy Zelda clone (really he would only need to have the magic changed to wind and dark magic, as well as have a new down-b and Final Smash).

I'd like to take the opportunity to say "Thank you" to all the Ridley fans that bailed on him when he was a stage boss in favor of "the next best thing," so that one of my favorite video game villains, who never had a chance of making it into Smash in 2018, could become an echo fighter in Smash Ultimate.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Yeah, Dark Samus really was "consolation prize" request if we couldn't get Ridley. But then we got both! Whuh?!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well Dixie is up again on the RTC thread. I'm gonna go give my thoughts in that thread.

I'm gonna continue to hope for Dixie. I just hope that Nintendo doesn't decide to put in purely advertisement characters in as DLC. They would have extra time to polish her up and make Dixie standout more as a unique/semi character.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd like to take the opportunity to say "Thank you" to all the Ridley fans that bailed on him when he was a stage boss in favor of "the next best thing," so that one of my favorite video game villains, who never had a chance of making it into Smash in 2018, could become an echo fighter in Smash Ultimate.
Incidentally, the Isaac fans are deliberately starting to do something similar as well by going in favor of trying to bring back GS instead. Suffice it to say, the next speculation period is going to be interesting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Star Fox hasn't had a new game period besides Zero which was a deliberate throwback to Star Fox 64. Might as well ask why Panther hasn't shown up.

K. Rool was deliberately left out because Miyamoto and Tanabe wanted a new villain for DKCR and, presumably, TF as well. Those were also the only two DK games in the last decade. Again, they don't speak for the whole company.
I remember either in this thread or the K. Rool thread you told somebody ''K. Rool would be in the dumpster if it wasn't for us.'' Why would you say that if you thought Nintendo cared?

StormC

Smash Hero
I remember either in this thread or the K. Rool thread you told somebody ''K. Rool would be in the dumpster if it wasn't for us.'' Why would you say that if you thought Nintendo cared?
I didn't say Nintendo cared. I said they weren't trying to deliberately sabotage Rare's legacy. They obviously don't care about K. Rool, but they don't have a malicious agenda against him or the other DKC characters, either.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
Well Dixie is up again on the RTC thread. I'm gonna go give my thoughts in that thread.

I'm gonna continue to hope for Dixie. I just hope that Nintendo doesn't decide to put in purely advertisement characters in as DLC. They would have extra time to polish her up and make Dixie standout more as a unique/semi character.
If they were adding in characters to promote upcoming games, then r.i.p Dixie fan's hopes and dreams. Or maybe not? I truly don't think this will ever happen, but what if Dixie had a starring role in an upcoming DKC game and Nintendo put her in Smash to help promote it?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The idea of Vaati being a clone is kind of insulting to me...
Dark Samus fans felt the same about her being a clone of Samus back when the character was a popular request. Vaati's last appearance was back in 2004 and he did not even make it into Hyrule Warriors. Sure fans of Dark Samus, Daisy, and Chrom would have liked it if those characters were more unique, but given the choice between echo status or not being playable, most would choose the former.

I used the example of Vaati because at the time of when I wrote that (early 2009), Vaati's last appearance was already four years ago, and most of the focus was going to be on whatever the next most contemporary Zelda title would be. This is basically what happened to Dark Samus. Like Vaati, she has been gone from her series for over 10 years, but she was ultimately able to make it into Smash Bros. due to the creation of the echo category of clones, and even then she was very lucky to do so (her slot easily could have gone to Funky Kong, Impa, Octoling, Shadow, or Jeanne).

Ridley fans did not abandon Ridley after the Pyrosphere boss confirmation. They did become demoralized though when Sakurai said that he thought Ridley was too big to be able to become a playable character though. Its possible that this demoralization ("Sakurai will never put in Ridley as a playable character as long as he is directing") led to Metroid fans voting for Dark Samus in order to get some sort of Metroid villain into Smash Bros. Its funny how that worked out. Dark Samus's prospects at the beginning of 2017 looked worse than the fourth possible characters for other franchises (Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Krystal), yet not only is Dark Samus in, but Metroid actually ended up being the first of those series (Metroid, Kirby, DK, Starfox) to make it to four playable characters. Dark Samus also ended up being the only other Assist Trophy to be promoted to playable status aside from Little Mac and Isabelle, both of whom are the most popular characters for long running Nintendo franchises.

Yeah, Dark Samus really was "consolation prize" request if we couldn't get Ridley. But then we got both! Whuh?!
As I said before, it was a very happy "accident" that we ended up getting both Ridley and Dark Samus. Dark Samus was looking to be a character that probably would never be able to get in since she was only becoming more irrelevant as the years went on, and there was no massive campaign for her like there was for K. Rool (she had less requests than Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, and Krystal). However, in terms of possible echo candidates, I think she probably did very well on the ballot which is why she ended up getting chosen.

Incidentally, the Isaac fans are deliberately starting to do something similar as well by going in favor of trying to bring back GS instead. Suffice it to say, the next speculation period is going to be interesting.
That is actually the smart way of doing things. Little Mac got into Smash Bros. due to his franchise getting a Wii installment that ended up being extremely successful. If Golden Sun is resurrected as a series, and the game does well, Isaac will look strong going into the next Smash Bros. installment.

As for Dixie Kong's DLC prospects, as I said before, it really hinges upon Ultimate's content. If there are no spirits for Bandana Dee, Elma, and Pirahna Plant, then it might be the case that spirits are deconfirmations. If there is more Tropical Freeze music in Ultimate than there was in Smash 4, that would also be a point against Dixie Kong as a point of the DLC is to bring in multiple music tracks as well and the likely stage Dixie Kong would have attached to her would be something from Tropical Freeze.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
If Golden Sun is resurrected as a series, and the game does well, Isaac will look strong going into the next Smash Bros. installment.
What kind of weird hope are you guys going for? We’re barely starting this game and you guys have already given up on it and moved on to the next installment, which will either take 10 years (even if it does happen, it will only have about half the roster, which lessens the chance of Isaac and Dixie even further) or not happen at all? Remember this one key question: does just one wave of dlc really sound appropriate for how long the switch is going to last? They’ve only planned one wave as of yet, sure, but that will only get us through next year and somehow I don’t see that being what happens.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What kind of weird hope are you guys going for? We’re barely starting this game and you guys have already given up on it and moved on to the next installment, which will either take 10 years or not happen at all? Remember this one key question: does just one wave of dlc really sound appropriate for how long the switch is going to last? They’ve only planned one wave as of yet, sure, but that will only get us through next year and somehow I don’t see that being what happens.
Why do you think there won’t be a next Smash game? Smash prints money, it will never end. It’s like thinking Breath of the Wild is the last Zelda game.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Why do you think there won’t be a next Smash game? Smash prints money, it will never end. It’s like thinking Breath of the Wild is the last Zelda game.
I’m saying it will be a long while IF there is another. Also why are people basically saying that they’re giving up on dlc? If smash prints money, then why quit after one wave? Also how can you compare it to Breath of the Wild? I know for a fact that breath of the wild isn’t the last zelda game, but do we really know that about Ultimate? I’m just saying, until Nintendo outright confirms smash 6 (7?), i don’t believe there will be one.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think that's crazy if you think there won't be another Smash Ultimate. A next Smash is guaranteed. There will be another one. And not everyone returning next time =/= the roster will be wiped, since that's a weird thing I hear often.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the main thing that gives concern is, Sakurai didn't mention whether the DLC batch we're getting is the only one, while half-jokingly wondering when he'll get to take a break (because workaholic :4pacman:).

Given how the fandom overthinks things, it's definitely leaving an air of uncertainty. Have there been other Nintendo games that didn't mention whether they'd get continuing DLC support? That would give us an idea whether it's been set as a precedent or not.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Yeah, there will be a next Smash, but I think it's important to just enjoy things as they are now rather than fruitlessly hoping while another decade gets shaved off your life. I do think Isaac has a decent shot if the next game doesn't have any cuts, but that's just so far away that it's barely worth thinking about.

StormC

Smash Hero
I’m saying it will be a long while IF there is another. Also why are people basically saying that they’re giving up on dlc? If smash prints money, then why quit after one wave? Also how can you compare it to Breath of the Wild? I know for a fact that breath of the wild isn’t the last zelda game, but do we really know that about Ultimate? I’m just saying, until Nintendo outright confirms smash 6 (7?), i don’t believe there will be one.
Probably because Sakurai specifically said on Twitter he's not taking fan feedback at this time, so hoping for a second wave and actively campaigning for it seems counterintuitive at this point. Isaac fans are trying to get Golden Sun revived before putting him in Smash because it became apparent fan demand wasn't enough for a dead series to get in - and also probably because I'm sure they would, in fact, like to see Golden Sun return.

Also, DLC is eventually going to be diminishing returns. People are going to be less and less willing to buy DLC the more it goes on, especially when the first wave already costs roughly half what the actual game does. Milking it with a long period of DLC risks diminishing the value of the brand among customers, instead of letting it rest for some time before coming out with a whole new game 5-7 years down the road.

And for the record, if this turns out to be the last Smash ever, the mods can ban me.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Whether or not milking dlc is a bad idea depends on WHAT characters/content are put in. I’m sure it would last quite a while if they put in characters from a previous generation (none of that cancerous modern bs like Sans, Steve, or a new FE/gen 8 pokemon) like Crash Bandicoot, Banjo & Kazooie, or the one we’ve been wanting for a while: Dixie Kong.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Whether or not milking dlc is a bad idea depends on WHAT characters/content are put in. I’m sure it would last quite a while if they put in characters from a previous generation (none of that cancerous modern bs like Sans, Steve, or a new FE/gen 8 pokemon) like Crash Bandicoot, Banjo & Kazooie, or the one we’ve been wanting for a while: Dixie Kong.
I'm assuming you're over 25 years old? Smash isn't just for the hardcore/old-school gamers, y'know...

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
For those not in the know, Crunchii on YouTube has started uploading DK tracks for Ultimate. This channel has had access to the OST and were the one that posted the menu theme last month. We may soon have a better idea of what TF tracks are going to be in. So far, it's Mangrove Cove and Swinger Flinger (DK Island Swing).

Another thing is that they may not post the full list today, as they sporadically upload chunks across the represented series. I'm just saying this so that we can keep an eye on it in case more are confirmed.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
For those not in the know, Crunchii on YouTube has started uploading DK tracks for Ultimate. This channel has had access to the OST and were the one that posted the menu theme last month. We may soon have a better idea of what TF tracks are going to be in. So far, it's Mangrove Cove and DK Island Swing.

Another thing is that they may not post the full list today, as they sporadically upload chunks across the represented series. I'm just saying this so that we can keep an eye on it in case more are confirmed.
Oh God... I hope it's not Jungle Hijinx (Dubstep), Jungle Hijinx (Hard Rock), Jungle Hijinx (Hip-Hop), Jungle Hijinx with lyrics, Jungle Hijinx (Latin Fusion)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Right now, I'm concerned about seeing Scorch 'N Torch, Homecoming Hijinx, or Seashore War. Those would most decrease our chances of seeing a TF DLC pack imo.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Fingers crossed for Crocodile Cacophony.

But yeah, hopefully we don't get too many Tropical Freeze tracks so that we have an idea that they may be saving Dixie for DLC.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
A'ight. They moved on to other series. I'll continue to watch the channel and let you know if they post more TF tracks.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I feel like it's unhealthy to hope against something you really like all in the vain hope that it's a sign of something greater to come with it. I want Tropical Freeze music in Smash more than I trust it would foretell Dixie.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
If they were adding in characters to promote upcoming games, then r.i.p Dixie fan's hopes and dreams. Or maybe not? I truly don't think this will ever happen, but what if Dixie had a starring role in an upcoming DKC game and Nintendo put her in Smash to help promote it?
Or maybe Dixie gets in and Nintendo can promote the DKC games on the eShop and the SNES mini? Food for thought

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I'm assuming you're over 25 years old? Smash isn't just for the hardcore/old-school gamers, y'know...
Name one dlc fighter that is 100% modern, I’m talking didn’t exist until 2017, that people (collectively) actually want in smash. All the ones I can think of have been either deconfirmed due to timeframes (like Rex) or relegated to assists. That’s why I’m saying we should get classics in there because the only new characters available aren’t exactly that good.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I feel like it's unhealthy to hope against something you really like all in the vain hope that it's a sign of something greater to come with it. I want Tropical Freeze music in Smash more than I trust it would foretell Dixie.
It's not that I don't want TF music to show up at all; it's the opposite. TF has plenty of amazing tracks that would be amazing to fight to, and I for sure want it represented. The issue is that if they show up in the base game, it basically kills any remaining hope for Dixie, as all of the DLC characters come with a stage and a music pack. I would much rather see the music show up later if it means that Dixie is playable.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Name one dlc fighter that is 100% modern, I’m talking didn’t exist until 2017, that people (collectively) actually want in smash. All the ones I can think of have been either deconfirmed due to timeframes (like Rex) or relegated to assists. That’s why I’m saying we should get classics in there because the only new characters available aren’t exactly that good.
Your definition of a "good character" isn't universal. For example, I consider Steve to be a good character because he would represent one of the most iconic gaming franchises of the last decade and has a lot of potential for a unique moveset and style. On the other hand, I consider Geno to be merely an average character because even though he has a cult following and could fit well into Smash, his legacy is nonexistent compared to most other third party or Mario characters.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What kind of weird hope are you guys going for? We’re barely starting this game and you guys have already given up on it and moved on to the next installment, which will either take 10 years (even if it does happen, it will only have about half the roster, which lessens the chance of Isaac and Dixie even further) or not happen at all? Remember this one key question: does just one wave of dlc really sound appropriate for how long the switch is going to last? They’ve only planned one wave as of yet, sure, but that will only get us through next year and somehow I don’t see that being what happens.
Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate are just released less than 5 years after each other. Smash releases more frequently than franchises as DKC and Star Fox therefore. I don’t think it’s impossible to see another Smash in less than 5 years. Ultimate will be a great template for that like Smash Wii U was for Ultimate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate are just released less than 5 years after each other. Smash releases more frequently than franchises as DKC and Star Fox therefore. I don’t think it’s impossible to see another Smash in less than 5 years. Ultimate will be a great template for that like Smash Wii U was for Ultimate.
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we get a Super Mario Galaxy 2 situation down the road, especially if they take a 5 year or less break. The one rule fans don't expect to be broken (besides "no licensed characters!") is "only one installment per console generation". Asset porting and alteration can help with this.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Let's not call other characters cancerous. Especially Sans who Dixie loves. Sans actually asked Dixie to play the guitar on Megalovania.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Adding Dixie would also fix one of my other gripes with this game, which is a lack of Tropical Freeze stuff.
I'd assume she'd come with a Tropical Freeze stage and a bunch of music from the game.

Honestly, I can't really imagine a better DLC pack than that.

If they were to add a stage from TF, what would you guys want?

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Watch Dixie come with a DKC3 pack that somehow finds a way to be a Forest level using exclusively remixes of hot pursuit.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Autumn Heights. It wouldn't be a jungle, but still be naturalistic enough to associate with the Kongs. Seeing the leaves kicked up by fighters would add to the flair of the fight, and the windmills from Windmill Hills can serve as some inoffensive moving platforms (differentiated by Windy Hill Zone's windmill platforms by being smaller and a good distance away from the blast lines). The stage can get periodically frozen and slippery as per the theme of Tropical Freeze, but if that bothers you then playing it on hazards off setting lets you enjoy the stage without the freezing.

Top Bottom