• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm one of those people who thinks DK64's soundtrack is "leftover B-K" and "not very DK", but at the end of the day, Kirkhope made a soundtrack to fit the game that was in front of him.

And that game had disgusting tomato enemies and bucktooth beanstalks.

I'm sure he could adapt if the DK game was closer to the Country series in terms of aesthetics.

I liked the DK Isles music, Crystal Caves, and Frantic Factory.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Alright my 2nd would you rather question.

Would you rather get a new DKC game but the soundtrack is entirely composed by Grant Kirkhope OR would you rather get a new peg swinging DK game (King of Swing/Jungle Climber) but the soundtrack is entirely done by David Wise and rivals Tropical Freeze's?
Option 2!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Man I thought the question would be 100% DKC. Cant believe their are people out there that would really suffer through another peg swinging DK game simply for a Wise soundtrack. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Man I thought the question would be 100% DKC. Cant believe their are people out there that would really suffer through another peg swinging DK game simply for a Wise soundtrack. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
I don't hate the peg-swinging games, but I agree that when I buy a videogame I'm not buying it for the music, I'm buying it for the game itself.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm one of those people who thinks DK64's soundtrack is "leftover B-K" and "not very DK", but at the end of the day, Kirkhope made a soundtrack to fit the game that was in front of him.

And that game had disgusting tomato enemies and bucktooth beanstalks.

I'm sure he could adapt if the DK game was closer to the Country series in terms of aesthetics.

I liked the DK Isles music, Crystal Caves, and Frantic Factory.
I agree. It's good music but a lot of it sounds like it was sampled from B-K. It doesn't help that some of the levels are similar to B-K (Angry Aztec, Creepy Castle and Fungi Forest are very similar to Gobi's Valley, Mad Monster Mansion and Click Clock Wood) AND a lot of the enemy types are B-K styled. Plus many of the abilities are what B-K do, but divided by 5 (Orang-u-stand is literally talon trot). The game is just too derivative.

But back to the music, there's good tracks like Gloomy Galleon, Hideout Helm 1&2, Frantic Factory, a lot of the boss music, Crystal Caves, DK Isle and Crocodile Isle. Grant can definitely make dramatic and atmospheric music with his own spin on it.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Alright time for would you rather, question 3 and my final one (as I dont want to spam the thread with these).

Would you rather get a Diddy Kong Racing sequel with most of the tracks based off of DK locales and yes Wise is back to compose the soundtrack OR would you rather just have Dixie, Funky, and Rool in the next mainline Mario Kart game?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright time for would you rather, question 3 and my final one (as I dont want to spam the thread with these).

Would you rather get a Diddy Kong Racing sequel with most of the tracks based off of DK locales and yes Wise is back to compose the soundtrack OR would you rather just have Dixie, Funky, and Rool in the next mainline Mario Kart game?
Diddy Kong Racing for me.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong Racing. And in my head the only Diddy Kong Racing sequel that is possible -- I'm a very flexible person -- is DONKEY KONG RACING with animal buddies! And of course, Dixie is already a Diddy Kong Racing alum.

I'm sure K. Rool and Funky and Lanky and the others would come along in a real Donkey Kong racing sequel.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Donkey/Diddy Kong Racing sequel hands down.

I love Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, But that game is already 5 years old, Though I wouldn't mind DK characters as a consolation prize ,But it's a perfect time for a DK racer to hold us over until Mario Kart 9.

I'm a big fan of what Rare was looking to do with Donkey Kong Racing for the Gamecube with the Country asthetics and animal buddies so I hope Nintendo revisits this concept into the near future.

Side Note: I want "Banjo-Kazooie" for Special Guest Characters as throwback to the Diddy Kong Racing.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

TBH I don't consider this spam. It keeps the discussion alive and it's a fun conversation starter.

Anyway, I'll take Diddy Kong Racing 2. If it's good it'll get tons of recognition and hype. Exposure won't be a problem.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Diddy Kong Racing 2, not only it would be a miracle to have a sequel to that game it's also would great to have a racing game with a decent single player mode, something DKR has done better with than every Mario Kart game except the DS one.

Question though would the other DKR characters return? I would love to see them again.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Question though would the other DKR characters return? I would love to see them again.
Yes in my mind its the same roster as the DS version because Banjo and Conker are Microsoft and even though Banjo is in Smash I doubt Microsoft would let him return in Diddy Kong Racing 2 which has a much more niche and limited fanbase/reach than Smash Bros.

As for new playable characters King K.Rool, Lanky Kong, Kiddy Kong, Chunky Kong, Kalypso, and probably like two more original characters.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Just logged on a few minutes ago and it looks like Dixie's in the lead! At least in the Smash Bubble, she's doing real well, makes me happy~

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
if you're pissing off gamefaqs users then you're probably doing something right

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong Racing
Dixie Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Dixie Kong: Queen of Swing
Dixie Kong Arcade
Dixie Kong Jr.
Dixie Kart DS
New Super Dixie Kong
New Super Dixie Kong U
The Legend of Dixie: Twilight Dixie
Super Dixie World 2: Dixie Kong's Island
Super Smash Bros Dixie
Dixie Superstar Ultra
Dixie Kong Red and Dixie Kong Blue
Fire Dixie: Path of Dixie
Dixie Party 4
Dixie Tennis
The Legend of Dixie: Breath of the Dixie
Kid Dixie Uprising

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
can't believe you would forget classics like Dixie's Mansion and Dixie Air Ride! those were some of the best games on the Dixiecube!

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
can't believe you would forget classics like Dixie's Mansion and Dixie Air Ride! those were some of the best games on the Dixiecube!
But what about such CLASSICS as:

Dixie Kong: Amiibo Festival
Dixie Kong Zero
Dixie Tennis: Ultra Smash
Dixie Kong: Happy Home Designer
Dixie Kong: Barrel Blast
DixieKon Dash
Dixie: Master of Disguise
Dixie's New Island
Dixie Party: Island Tour
Dixie Party: Star Rush
Dixie Party 9
Dixie Party 10
Dixie Kong: Zip-Lash
Dixie Sports Superstars
Codename D.I.X.I.E
Dixie Kong: Federation Force
DixieKon Channel
Hey You, Dixie!
The entire Dixie Rumble series
Dixie Party Advance
Dixie Kong Jr. Math
Ice Dixie
All the Mario vs. Dixie Kong sequels
Disaster: Day of Dixie
1-2 Dixie
Super Dixie Pinball
Dixiie Music
The 3 Dixie Konga games
Super Dixie Maker for Nintendo 3DS
Dixie Warriors Legends
Hey! Dixie
Dixie: Other M
Labo Kit: Dixie

Now those are some of the BEST games Dixiedo has ever made!

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I believe you wanted to say that he was not authorized to reference that game.
All joking aside I actually liked Other M. Its my 3rd favorite Metroid behind Super and Prime 3. I also wanted Anthony Higgs as a character in Smash 4 (thought he should've taken over Snakes moveset). With that being said I will leave this thread forever before a mob comes after me and attacks...

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman

the first because I miss that series

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I wanna play too!!!! :p
A new DKC movie is in the works, but the creative talent is unsure on where to go with the animation. (they would also drum up awareness by having a series of shorts starring Dixie!)

I'm gonna try for four & ask, would you rather the movie &/or shorts be animated in...
A. CGI
B. Classic hand-drawn animation
C. Claymation
or D. Live-Action imitation CGI (like what Disney's been doing)

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
CGI but only if they can make it look like the 90s ACM renders

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Funny how both of the most iconic heroines of Smash have an annoying male companion/side character dressed in blue that is universally despised by the fanbase.

A Match Made in Hell.

These images were a pain to upload, slowing down my computer massively, so I guess they lived to their name to the very end.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Funny how both of the most iconic heroines of Smash have an annoying male companion/side character dressed in blue that is universally despised by the fanbase.

A Match Made in Hell.

These images were a pain to upload, slowing down my computer massively, so I guess they lived to their name to the very end.
At least Adam was likeable in Fusion because he was an enigmatic figure that Samus respected despite restricting her progress on the Bottle Ship. It brought up questions on why the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy would ever want to listen to an AI simply upon learning it merely shared his name, like "What was Adam like to inspire that much respect in Samus, I wonder?"

I haven't played Other M but it looks like people didn't like the answer, if the game answered it at all.

Now Kiddy, no one likes him. Even his game contextualized him like a tool for Dixie upon his introduction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom