• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Koming from the Kutthroats, sign me up for your cause. I wanted Dixie since Brawl alongside K. Rool. The fight isn't over.
You have my full support.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Dixie is one of the most obvious clones since Brawl, and with the echoes plague it can be a sin if she's not in. I'm not going to say the same things you said here (Chrom, DSamus outside the Ridley trailer...) cuz I think the same.
Just change at least her UPB and maybe her dash because is a Diddy's classic. The rest of the moveset could be the almost the same.
Echo is better than nothing.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Honestly, Dixie is one of the most obvious clones since Brawl, and with the echoes plague it can be a sin if she's not in. I'm not going to say the same things you said here (Chrom, DSamus outside the Ridley trailer...) cuz I think the same.
Just change at least her UPB and maybe her dash because is a Diddy's classic. The rest of the moveset could be the almost the same.
Echo is better than nothing.
You speak like someone who never played Donkey Kong Country 2. Most obvious clone? Please.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
If a page was set up, I'd for sure follow it. I just don't want to admin it; I'm not as active as I used to be.
It's not a bad idea if it's done appropriately like you mentioned. If Dixie is not in the game then it is probably to late for Sakurai to add her in, but coming DLC he can definitely consider her.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I also want to mention a few more things regarding Dixie's inclusion and the game in general.

-Yes like many of you have mentioned the ending segment in the direct could lend for a Dixie reveal trailer that could maybe showcase Gangplank Galleon if its in the game as a potential stage or a potential story mode.

-Dixie is the most important female Kong which is a plus seeing how many female newcomers we get these days.

-When it comes to echoes, Sakurai doesn't count them as regular fighters, they share a number with their respective partners, therefore I think we could still get between 2-4 more newly made fighters with a max total of 8 and it still wouldn't be too many new characters and then get who knows how many more echoes.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
You speak like someone who never played Donkey Kong Country 2. Most obvious clone? Please.
Call it obvious, or demanded maybe, guess I didn't choose my words so well, but I saw the request several times during the years, Dixie as clone or semi. But, well, lot of people say things and lot of people still talk about Wolf or Lucas as clones, that's the way I was talking. If you think about a potential character higly based in another, Dixie is one of the first options.
It's not about her potential (becoming an aerial fighter, for example), I'm pretty sure about what she can do in a fighting game as an orighinal character, but... If she's not an echo her chances are way lower for Ultimate and personally I prefer a Copy Dixie than Invisible Dixie. I think that sharing some moves with Diddy is OK, (Wolf, Luigi...) if she's an echo it depends on Sakurai how much.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Dixie certainly deserves a unique moveset, but as we've seen thus far.. characters that deserve fully fleshed out movesets have been given echo status... as I think at this point Sakurai is trying to appease some fans with the character's appearance more so than having completely unique characters.. which I think helps Dixie even more since Sakurai may see applying Diddy's moveset to her as viable..

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With how ambitious Echoes are looking now.. I cannot say I would be totally upset with Dixie being one.

Having K.Rool in only increased my need for Dixie to be honest. She's far more obviously missing right now.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
With how ambitious Echoes are looking now.. I cannot say I would be totally upset with Dixie being one.

Having K.Rool in only increased my need for Dixie to be honest. She's far more obviously missing right now.
Metroid also had a sore lack of attention in past Smash games and ends up with not only the most requested character of the franchise but also a popular second choice as well through Echo Dark Samus who even levitates rather than just being a complete pallet swap. I can see DK getting similar treatment, since Dixie is very popular and there's an obvious echo option there for her.

Last edited:

TriMaxTime

Smash Cadet
Body? Chicago; Mind? Somewhere off in the distance
NNID
WiiUMax
3DS FC
0602-6382-0071
Switch FC
2417-1622-0716
Sign me up for the cause! Dixie has always been my favorite DK character, and while I was confused following the Direct about her state, I was reminded afterward that Dark Samus wasn’t in Ridley’s trailer either, so Dixie as a Diddy Echo is still a possibility.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Metroid also had a sore lack of attention in past Smash games and ends up with not only the not requested character of the franchise but also a popular second choice as well through Echo Dark Samus who even levitates rather than just being a complete pallet swap. I can see DK getting similar treatment, since Dixie is very popular and there's an obvious echo option there for her.
Good comparison. Though I would argue that Dixie is far more popular than even Dark Samus. So we might even see her get more love. Wouldn't complain about anything else if she's in. Echo or not. And yes, I also used to think that's blasphemy, but after seeing Chrom am down with it. She might be even more unique than a Echo, cause honestly.. Diddy with safe recovery is a dangerous prospect for balance. It would also give Dixie a clear advantage over using Diddy, and I don't think that's the intention of Sakurai.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Good comparison. Though I would argue that Dixie is far more popular than even Dark Samus. So we might even see her get more love. Wouldn't complain about anything else if she's in. Echo or not. And yes, I also used to think that's blasphemy, but after seeing Chrom am down with it. She might be even more unique than a Echo, cause honestly.. Diddy with safe recovery is a dangerous prospect for balance. It would also give Dixie a clear advantage over using Diddy, and I don't think that's the intention of Sakurai.
Oh your absolutely right she's far more popular than Dark Samus by far. The only thing is, Chrom was by far the most popular FE choice in Smash 4 and was looked over first due to his moveset potential in favor of Robin and Lucina got thrown in.. now Smash 4 and Ultimate are two different situations but the point is Chrom who is pretty damn popular was slapped with Echo status. Dixie who at this point the most popular 1st party character left I'd say, is more than likely going to be hit with the same treatment. Echo Dixie imo is better than no Dixie.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've been posting along with y'all but I'm actually a couple pages behind sorting through new members. We've got plenty of ne supporters joining us such as:
DiSQO_BuNNY DiSQO_BuNNY
SonicMetaphor SonicMetaphor
C cybersai
Captain Shades Captain Shades
G GravelerChamp60
Louisacommie Louisacommie
KingZing KingZing
Honest Slug Honest Slug
Jimmy42893 Jimmy42893
Malkior7 Malkior7
OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer
SamDunk SamDunk
Nimbostratus Nimbostratus
Jurae818 Jurae818
TriMaxTime TriMaxTime

Thanks for joining; and no worries ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ ! Thank you for welcoming them sooner than I could LOL.
In the pre-Smash 4 days, the Dixie and K. Rool fanbases were at each other's throats. We suspected one would get in, but only one, and things got ugly.

But now, after King K. Rool is confirmed, Dixie fans are congratulating his fans while K. Rool fans are coming over to show support for Dixie. It's a complete 180 and it warms my damn heart.
It really is something beautiful. There was some genuine venom being spat back and forth and it was like the Kremlings and Kongs hatred for eachother bleeding into the fandoms
I just ran across this thread. Not that it would make a difference or anything but yall think we can make enough noise on this thread for Dixie to get the hype going!? https://smashboards.com/threads/who...s-for-the-new-big-three.457134/#post-22269582
This thread fascinates me. I've been so used to Ridley and K. Rool dominating speculation that this is such a game changer. I gotta look at some fandoms and see who's prominent before I jump in, but thanks for the link. As for the Twitter page I say go for it; like Seth I can't exactly run it either but hey if you want to get it going and be in charge definitely do it!
Also how am I not in the official supporter list lol?

I'm an OG support for Dixie Kong lol. I've been saying since early 2007 on this site that once we get Diddy Kong, we gotta push for K. Rool AND Dixie!

Well we got Diddy in Brawl in late 2007 and we got K. Rool 2 years. Hopefully I don't gotta wait another damn 11 years lol.

By then I my hands might have fallen off from playing too many video games! :laugh:
WHAT!? Since '2007?!? Damn that's some certified bragging rights right there! My bad for not putting you on the list; matter of fact I'm gonna put you at the top! You don't mind, right Seth?

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've been posting along with y'all but I'm actually a couple pages behind sorting through new members. We've got plenty of ne supporters joining us such as:
DiSQO_BuNNY DiSQO_BuNNY
SonicMetaphor SonicMetaphor
C cybersai
Captain Shades Captain Shades
G GravelerChamp60
Louisacommie Louisacommie
KingZing KingZing
Honest Slug Honest Slug
Jimmy42893 Jimmy42893
Malkior7 Malkior7
OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer
SamDunk SamDunk
Nimbostratus Nimbostratus
Jurae818 Jurae818
TriMaxTime TriMaxTime

Thanks for joining; and no worries ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ ! Thank you for welcoming them sooner than I could LOL.
I feel honored now to be mentioned and to be a part of this support group. Hopefully, we will get Dixie in this game. I wonder if she will be either unique, semi-clone, clone or echo?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Sakurai said Chrom and Dark Samus were "highly requested" in their showcases, he wouldn't somehow include them and not Dixie.

I find it hard to believe since Dixie is more popular than Daisy, Dark Samus, and Chrom combined.
Be careful on that popularity presumption, Smashboards is not reflective of the community at large. Dixie is statistically much more popular here than anywhere else in the community sects. Her overall popularity is only a hair above theirs overall. We just really like her here.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Be careful on that popularity presumption, Smashboards is not reflective of the community at large. Dixie is statistically much more popular here than anywhere else in the community sects. Her overall popularity is only a hair above theirs overall. We just really like her here.
Your right, but in the end the same can be said about Ridley and K. Rool. Both of them are by and large far more popular with us than anyone who plays Smash. Hell some places like Gamefaqs and Reddit were downright hateful towards Ridley, K. Rool, etc. I think we may have more push around here than a lot of us realize.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Still hoping she makes it in. K. Rool is fantastic, but it'd be even better if we got both.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Coming back to say I still support what I've said in the past. While Dixie could easily have an original moveset, she could also easily be a mix of Diddy and DK. I feel like it's just a matter of time. She's coming.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Well seeing as to how well my Kampaing to get K. Rool in the game worked! I would ask that you sign me up for your support campaign to get another DK character in Smash Ultimate that has potential (Here's to hoping this one is successful as well)!

Also! Why do I get the feeling that were going to an over saturation of Donkey Kong/Metroid Representation in Ultimate like Smash 4 did with Fire Emblem!

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Your right, but in the end the same can be said about Ridley and K. Rool. Both of them are by and large far more popular with us than anyone who plays Smash. Hell some places like Gamefaqs and Reddit were downright hateful towards Ridley, K. Rool, etc. I think we may have more push around here than a lot of us realize.
Nah, those two are legitimately insanely popular and have had more push behind them for way longer across the collective smash community. The boards exemplify their magnitude perfectly.

On a different note, I don't think I was ever added to the support barrel. It should have at least 220 supporters counting me, don't sell us one buddy short.

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
All these new people joining! I love it! Thank you so much everybody and again welcome. <3

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Nah, those two are legitimately insanely popular and have had more push behind them for way longer across the collective smash community. The boards exemplify their magnitude perfectly.

On a different note, I don't think I was ever added to the support barrel. It should have at least 220 supporters counting me, don't sell us one buddy short.
The Smash ballot is influencing most of the newcomers in this game and Dixie had a pretty big presence on it. She showed up on every poll I had seen and ranked amongst the top 10 atleast. I'd say she's pretty popular overall.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey...so I had multiple tabs going for this thread and forgot to save the OP with the list of every new supporter's name, but it was still in draft mode so I just saved it. Thanks to the people I've listed before, we've gone from 219 to 235, and now that AreJay25 AreJay25 , John Dylan Smith John Dylan Smith and Ultinarok Ultinarok have spoken up, we're at 238! Quite the jump I must admit; welcome to each of you; there's so much enthusiasm for Dixie now it's even more exciting to pop in this thread again. As for Ultin, sorry I didn't add you sooner. I could've sworn I did, but I combed through the list and sure enough you weren't there. Fixed it now though!

Also, if anyone wants to contribute with fanart, moveset ideas, music suggestions, potential alt colors, etc feel VERY FREE to do so. I need to reevaluate and revamp the OP in light of yesterday and this is a good time to suggest fan content.

Speaking of which, I don't seem to be on there as well, so I would like that please.
No worries, you were on the list! While searching for Ultin, I kept an eye out for you as well and here you are:

ThePsychoWolf
P.Kat
Dixie Kong
Thatkidwiththeafro
Takasmash
Oblivion129
Nap_
TreeBranch
Lisbon Mapping
GhostWolf35
smashingDoug
Igglybuff4SmashU

KirbyWorshipper2465
FooltheFlames
King Sonnn DeDeDoo
ThatRedPlumber
Buzzwole
paperosbronzo90
pika.thunder25

I kept PsychoWolf's name as a reference to where your name is and highlighted yours only for the purpose of this reply. :)
I feel honored now to be mentioned and to be a part of this support group. Hopefully, we will get Dixie in this game. I wonder if she will be either unique, semi-clone, clone or echo?
Happy to have you aboard! Honestly, how she'll play out is up in the air ATM. I prefer Unique, then Semi, but I can't deny all the options seem possible and valid. I'm just a bit biased on what I think is likely LOL, but hey that's just my take. I'm glad we're at a point where we're confident in Dixie's chances in the 1st place. Huge weight off our backs.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
The Smash ballot is influencing most of the newcomers in this game and Dixie had a pretty big presence on it. She showed up on every poll I had seen and ranked amongst the top 10 atleast. I'd say she's pretty popular overall.
I agree. Dixie may not of been AS popular as K. Rool but she was still there in the running and had a good sized fan base. Correct me if I'm wrong because I definitely could be but I don't think anybody got a mii costume that was an AT in game or in that thing on the WiiU version that wasn't the superior 3DS Smash Run?

I remember Dixie being an AT on the board game thing who's name I can't remember because that's how much I disliked it. Lol. But the point I'm making is that maybe she was a popular ballot pick but wasn't acknowledged because she was an AT at the time.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hey...so I had multiple tabs going for this thread and forgot to save the OP with the list of every new supporter's name, but it was still in draft mode so I just saved it. Thanks to the people I've listed before, we've gone from 219 to 235, and now that AreJay25 AreJay25 , John Dylan Smith John Dylan Smith and Ultinarok Ultinarok have spoken up, we're at 238! Quite the jump I must admit; welcome to each of you; there's so much enthusiasm for Dixie now it's even more exciting to pop in this thread again. As for Ultin, sorry I didn't add you sooner. I could've sworn I did, but I combed through the list and sure enough you weren't there. Fixed it now though!

Also, if anyone wants to contribute with fanart, moveset ideas, music suggestions, potential alt colors, etc feel VERY FREE to do so. I need to reevaluate and revamp the OP in light of yesterday and this is a good time to suggest fan content.

No worries, you were on the list! While searching for Ultin, I kept an eye out for you as well and here you are:

I kept PsychoWolf's name as a reference to where your name is and highlighted yours only for the purpose of this reply. :)

Happy to have you aboard! Honestly, how she'll play out is up in the air ATM. I prefer Unique, then Semi, but I can't deny all the options seem possible and valid. I'm just a bit biased on what I think is likely LOL, but hey that's just my take. I'm glad we're at a point where we're confident in Dixie's chances in the 1st place. Huge weight off our backs.
No worries of course, I just wasn't sure if you had edited the list since I started coming on here a few weeks ago, so I didn't know if you had just not gotten to it yet. I expect this thread to begin to expand rapidly because a lot of the kutthroats are migrating, if they hadn't already.

Dixie does seem to have some big influence. During reaction videos to the direct, I saw a lot of people like eSam, MVD, Alpharad and ZeRo all excitedly questioning if they'd show Dixie at different points of the direct. Their viewers in the twitch feed were doing it a lot too. There's no doubt she's popular, I just recall her not even being top 10 on any support site besides us when someone did a direct comparison not too long ago, and that poll in Japan of top 25 most anticipated newcomers didn't even have her on the list despite odd choices like Sans, Sephiroth and Noctis being there. Her popularity is pretty localized to us overall. I mean I believe she's now number 4 on here, behind Bandana Dee, Isaac and Geno. That's pretty crazy.

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Dixie does seem to have some big influence. During reaction videos to the direct, I saw a lot of people like eSam, MVD, Alpharad and ZeRo all excitedly questioning if they'd show Dixie at different points of the direct. Their viewers in the twitch feed were doing it a lot too. There's no doubt she's popular
Really!? That is really good to know! Thanks for sharing. I had no idea it was like that. Dixie might have more support than we are aware of here.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Dixie certainly deserves a unique moveset, but as we've seen thus far.. characters that deserve fully fleshed out movesets have been given echo status... as I think at this point Sakurai is trying to appease some fans with the character's appearance more so than having completely unique characters.. which I think helps Dixie even more since Sakurai may see applying Diddy's moveset to her as viable..
What current echo "deserves" a fully-fleshed out moveset? I am very much a fan of some of these characters (Lucina, Dark Samus, somewhat Chrom), yet I would argue echo makes more sense for them. Dark Samus would probably have made the most sense, but Ridley was by far the front-runner for a new Metroid rep and while she could have been unique, she also makes reasonable sense as an echo, much more than Dixie would, imo. She was also probably not considered quite relevant or popular enough to be prioritized for so much, but again I would argue Dixie is.

But of course, we'll have to wait and see what Sakurai thinks.

Oh your absolutely right she's far more popular than Dark Samus by far. The only thing is, Chrom was by far the most popular FE choice in Smash 4 and was looked over first due to his moveset potential in favor of Robin and Lucina got thrown in.. now Smash 4 and Ultimate are two different situations but the point is Chrom who is pretty damn popular was slapped with Echo status. Dixie who at this point the most popular 1st party character left I'd say, is more than likely going to be hit with the same treatment. Echo Dixie imo is better than no Dixie.
Chrom was the front-runner for Smash 4 speculation, but it was more out of being expected than wanted, especially when the Gematsu leak gained traction. There was a lot of pushback for...well, the reason he ultimately didn't get in, that he was just less interesting than Robin.

It's a little ironic how that leak that ended up being wrong about Chrom might have actually played a part in getting him into this game.

It really is something beautiful. There was some genuine venom being spat back and forth and it was like the K
And I'm certain if things were still the same today we wouldn't have all these K. Rool supporters coming over to the barrel now. Also I think your sentence got cut off here.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
- dixie was cut for a tag team character
- Dixie is ...sure a popular character from the ballot.
- she is more like diddy, ez to do with diddy body.
- hope for mix echo at least.

now this is my updated list of possible newcomer . Dixie is now my TOP most wanted character
smash-VOTE rip.jpg

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yeah I know everyone is questioning if Dixie would end up being an Echo under the ambiguous conditions associated with that title.

I'm firmly of the opinion that Dixie will use some of Diddy's assets for things like basic build, dashing, spot dodging, rolling, jump squat, air Dodge etc. And may share some attacks with him such as Fair, Uair or Side B. This will cause Sakurai to label her an Echo to address that she's based off of another fighter. I feel many of her attacks will be unique, as will her properties like air speed/dash speed (more than Diddy on the former, less on the latter).

So in other words, the inverse of Dark Samus in execution. She will he an Echo, but only loosely. I believe the Echo umbrella is being given out whenever Sakurai cannot justifiably claim that a character has been built ground up. His official definition has been "based on another fighter." Nothing more, nothing less.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
What current echo "deserves" a fully-fleshed out moveset? I am very much a fan of some of these characters (Lucina, Dark Samus, somewhat Chrom), yet I would argue echo makes more sense for them. Dark Samus would probably have made the most sense, but Ridley was by far the front-runner for a new Metroid rep and while she could have been unique, she also makes reasonable sense as an echo, much more than Dixie would, imo. She was also probably not considered quite relevant or popular enough to be prioritized for so much, but again I would argue Dixie is.

Chrom was the front-runner for Smash 4 speculation, but it was more out of being expected than wanted, especially when the Gematsu leak gained traction. There was a lot of pushback for...well, the reason he ultimately didn't get in, that he was just less interesting than Robin.

And I'm certain if things were still the same today we wouldn't have all these K. Rool supporters coming over to the barrel now. Also I think your sentence got cut off here.
Yea, Dark Samus surprised me because her AT was using these flashy moves so I thought they had a prototype moveset for her and enough data to make one. I didn't consider they had more data to go off on with Samus than a prototype set so while I'm surprised she's an echo I'm not bummed about it.

Unless she gets reincarnated in Prime 4, I doubt she has much presence going forward in her series; her role overall seems to be a significant arc villain with a plot that's wrapped up while Ridley is the arch nemesis who simply will always be back to harass Samus. Not trying to downplay Dark Samus, but she has no future in the series and isn't as important as Ridley, so an Echo makes sense in these circumstances I suppose. I could be wrong, as I'm brainstorming in that regard.

As for Chrom I know next to nothing about him so I have no idea one way or another on his status.

With Dixie though, she's got an interesting situation. Not as important as K. Rool but still more important than every other option by miles, is the tritagonist and definitely has a future in her series both in main installments and spinoffs. A solid future is what sets her apart from Dark Samus, but IDK how she'll end up in Ultimate.

And yea I didn't notice that sentence error til you quoted me. Fixed it now.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Since echoes can have completely different Up-Bs now....
Dixie for Diddy Echo
Kiddy Kong (not Funky) for Donkey Echo

We need a full DKC reunion and it can finally happen now. Please.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
The Kutthroats got you back! The more DK reps the better!
Also Chrom justmade Dixie so mich more likely!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

It's a little ironic how that leak that ended up being wrong about Chrom might have actually played a part in getting him into this game.

What character wouldnt deserve a full moveset? Any character deserves to be unique. Go look around the boards and you can see fan move sets for just about anyone who is currently an Echo. Daisy could be unique, Dark Samus could be unique, Dark Pit is completely different from Pit in his game. There's plenty of Echoes who could be totally unique. I'm not a huge Fire Emblem fan but from what I've heard Lucina fights nothing like Marth in her game and Chrom is apparently different too. I'm just saying Sakurai isn't above making a clone character to appease fans even if the character could be unique which in many cases they could be.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
What character wouldnt deserve a full moveset? Any character deserves to be unique. Go look around the boards and you can see fan move sets for just about anyone who is currently an Echo. Daisy could be unique, Dark Samus could be unique, Dark Pit is completely different from Pit in his game. There's plenty of Echoes who could be totally unique. I'm not a huge Fire Emblem fan but from what I've heard Lucina fights nothing like Marth in her game and Chrom is apparently different too. I'm just saying Sakurai isn't above making a clone character to appease fans even if the character could be unique which in many cases they could be.
I suppose you just see it differently than I do. "Deserve" probably isn't the best word to use, in any case. It's likely that these characters wouldn't have gotten in at all with a unique moveset; they're in as clones because they could be and that's the best they were going to get.

However, I should correct you on a few of these:
-Dark Pit is a literal clone of Pit in Uprising and has the same abilities.

-I happen to be a huge Fire Emblem fan and have played every game in the series (or its relevant remake). Given how the series works, it's difficult to compare the fighting style of any individual character because animations are based on class. However, Lucina and Chrom are direct descendants of Marth and all three are infantry sword fighters, which automatically gives them similarities. All three even share the same starting weapon, Rapier, and they are the only units in their respective games who can use that weapon as well as the Falchion (Chrom and Lucina technically have their own Falchions, but Lucina's is a future version of Chrom's) that they are all seen using in Smash. In lore, Lucina learned how to fight from Chrom, and in a scene early in the game Chrom comments on how similar the fighting style is. And this is when Lucina is literally disguising herself as "Marth."

Do note that Lucina was my most-wanted newcomer for Smash 4. I joined this site the day she and Robin were revealed and my name, Parallel Falchion, is her personal weapon. So when I say her being an echo makes sense, I think that means something.

EDIT: After typing all this out, I wonder if I went too much on a tangent and lost the original point. Sorry if it felt that way. I should be in bed by now...

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I used to think that Dixie could never be an echo because of required moveset differences that would set her apart from Diddy.

Now we see Chrom using Aether.

In my opinion, Dixie is an obvious echo choice. Honestly, not what I envisioned for her, but is her best bet and would be absolutely serviceable.

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
I don't think that Dixie is popular just here on Smashboards. I saw a lot of polls and Dixie was, at least, in the top 20. In a recent poll Dixie placed 18th, so she definitely has support.

Reila

The "obvious echo" thing is so annoying, especially because the people who say Dixie is an "obvious echo choice" don't ever offer an argument to that.
What current echo "deserves" a fully-fleshed out moveset?
Honestly, every single one of them have potential to have an unique moveset in the next Smash. It is not a matter of deserving an unique moveset or not. They don't have unique movesets because designing video game stuff is hard, takes time, money and other resources, but with the roster being this big now and Nintendo going all out to bring fan favorites this time, what else can they do next time, if there is a next time (and let's be honest, they will release more Smash games eventually)? Either they go back to cutting fighters to add new ones or they focus on improving existing fighters (such as echos). I say the latter is more likely, because people would be SO pissed about fighters being cut.
I don't think that Dixie is popular just here on Smashboards. I saw a lot of polls and Dixie was, at least, in the top 20. In a recent poll Dixie placed 18th, so she definitely has support.
She is pretty popular. The thing is platformer fans don't endlessly talk about the games like say, Fire Emblem or Xenoblade Chronicles fans do. The games are lighter on the story aspect, after all. So people coming from RPGs seem more popular (and maybe they are, to some extent) but it is not like Dixie is not popular. She is cute, and lots of people like cute things. Plus, she is probably one of the most fun peeps to play as in a platformer. Who doesn't love playing as Dixie in DKC2/3?

Last edited:

SlayQueen

Smash Cadet
So, for what it’s worth I did PM loz18 to ask if he had heard anything about Dixie and he said:
“I don't know but I think she will be an Echo of Diddy for two reasons. Diddy's attacks were changed to not include his tail so that may point to a change in pattern to fit Dixie. And the DK series is having an increase in representation so it makes sense. I'm not confirming it but there you go...”

I know he doesn’t know for sure but the fact that he thinks she is in makes me feel even more confident.

Reila

So, for what it’s worth I did PM loz18 to ask if he had heard anything about Dixie and he said:
“I don't know but I think she will be an Echo of Diddy for two reasons. Diddy's attacks were changed to not include his tail so that may point to a change in pattern to fit Dixie. And the DK series is having an increase in representation so it makes sense. I'm not confirming it but there you go...”

I know he doesn’t know for sure but the fact that he thinks she is in makes me feel even more confident.
He didn't say anything people haven't been saying since echoes were announced ._. "Oh, they took away Diddy's tail moves, clearly Dixie is an echo".

Top Bottom