• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
dix.gif

Honestly, this animation is so similar to DK's up B. I can really see this happening guys.

Even though she'd be an echo she'd have enoguh changes to maker her stand out.

- He grab animations could use her hair
- Her Donkey Kong recovery could go higher and fall slower.
- She could move faster than Diddy but do less damage?

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yes, her bubblegum gun is even in Tropical Freeze of all things, it's an easy swap for Diddy's peanut gun.

I think the only thing she'd have to have is a unique throw, I want to see her pick up people with her hair, not pounce on them like Diddy.

Last edited:

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
The game is going to be released a few months from now. Believe me, all fighters are done by now. Your point 1 could be right if Dixie is like the echoest of all echo fighters and they left her for last or only decided on adding her very, very late on, but if I recall correctly the roster was decided by 2015, so that is unlikely (which is why I find bizarre that people still think Waluigi is playable even though he was shown as an Assist Trophy two months ago).

Your point 2 is more likely. I think the end of K. Rool's trailer was a cliffhanger to Dixie's even (and yes, I am repeating myself on this).
It would be great to see a follow up to K.Rool's trailer with Dixie saving Diddy and Donkey, and maybe it could go along with a new DK stage.
View attachment 156636
Honestly, this animation is so similar to DK's up B. I can really see this happening guys.

She's slower than Diddy in DKC:2 though, so maybe she should be more powerful, but still remain slower.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
View attachment 156636

I think DK's up B was based on that. Anyways, it might happen. I am honestly not too worried about her being a Chrom-like echo fighter (some Diddy things, and DK's up B and grab). It is not the ideal but I will be happy anyways. I believe echos might be fleshed out in a future Smash, and I would rather have Dixie as a ChromEcho now than wait several years to have her in Smash. I just want her to have her own trailer.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The other echoes were Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus and then Richter.

I find it hard to believe Sakurai would think all of them are more popular or requested than Dixie. I'm sure Dixie is also in.

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Dixie could be the first dlc character released, i assume any dlc will be in planning stages soon, and a Dixie semi clone could probably be finished faster then rex, with pyra/mythra, an arm's character or any 3rd party character they add or any random dlc that could be added, and I think the first dlc character will be announced near or slightly after launch.

Reila

The other echoes were Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus and then Richter.

I find it hard to believe Sakurai would think all of them are more popular or requested than Dixie. I'm sure Dixie is also in.
Hmm, but see, it might not be all about popularity. If K. Rool wasn't a thing, then Dixie as an unique fighter would be a no brainer, but would they put the time, resources and effort into making two unique new DK reps? Not even Fire Emblem got that treatment in Smash 4 (that is, until Corrin appeared as a DLC).

Sometimes it is really just a matter of resources... The development of Smash Ultimate has been relatively short for such a huge game.

Don't get me wrong, I want Dixie as an unique fighter, I am just really offering a counter-argument.

Dixie could be the first dlc character released, i assume any dlc will be in planning stages soon, and a Dixie semi clone could probably be finished faster then rex, with pyra/mythra, an arm's character or any 3rd party character they add or any random dlc that could be added, and I think the first dlc character will be announced near or slightly after launch.
We don't know yet if DLC will be a thing. It depends if they will keep the team after the release of the game, which they might not. It is likely there will be DLC because DLC sells a lot, but until confirmation, it is better to stick to speculation regarding the base roster.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I always thought DLC would be a no brainer, but you may just be right, perhaps that's why characters like Bomberman and Ashley are assist trophies instead of becoming DLC.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Hey gang, friendly K. Rool supporter here to lend my support for Dixie Kong. I've always wanted more DK representation in Smash, and now that we've finally got the Croc, Dixie Kong is next in line. Here's hoping we don't have to wait too long for Dixie and K. Rool to square off again - in Smash and in the next DK game!

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
Hey gang, friendly K. Rool supporter here to lend my support for Dixie Kong. I've always wanted more DK representation in Smash, and now that we've finally got the Croc, Dixie Kong is next in line. Here's hoping we don't have to wait too long for Dixie and K. Rool to square off again - in Smash and in the next DK game!
That's what I'm wanting to see too. And as great as it would be to see Dixie in Smash Bros, my first wish as a DKC fan would be having a DKC:2 style game with Diddy and Dixie as the main characters(Or have them, DK, and maybe some other kongs all playable from the start and you can pick your tag-team.) against the Kremlings led by K.Rool.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I have a very good feeling she will get in this game but as a more derivative character. But either way, I think Dixie will get in eventually. In the grand scheme of things, that's sitting prettier than a lot of other fanbases.

Reila

I have a very good feeling she will get in this game but as a more derivative character. But either way, I think Dixie will get in eventually. In the grand scheme of things, that's sitting prettier than a lot of other fanbases.
*cries in rhythm heaven*

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Regular from the K. Rool thread here, Dixie need's to be in Smash. I said from the start of Smash Ultimate speculation that even if I get K. Rool I wouldn't be satisfied. I'm not.. Dixie needs to be there to round out the DK series she more than deserves it.

I'm confident that she will be in this game, the whole Chrom echo of Roy but with Ikes Up B pretty much makes it seem like echo characters can have slight changes to their moveset. I think Dixie is a no brainer at this point. Besides there's quite a few popular ballot characters we have yet to see show up yet, she's one of them. If Shovel Knight, Krystal, Chrom, K. Rool, etc. All have a presence in this game, she absolutely will aswell. The DK series representation in Smash has always been in question and yesterday we got K. Rool and a Klaptrap AT, I think the criticism is being addressed.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Even if she is an Echo, she's going to need a final Smash. What have you guys come up with? Only recently started posting here : P

I think it'd be cool to have her play the guitar during her victory animation!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Even if she is an Echo, she's going to need a final Smash. What have you guys come up with? Only recently started posting here : P

Riding Rambi and demolishing people

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
with K.Rool in I'd say that helps Dixie's chances in a way and I'm totally cool with more DK reps

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think Dixie will most likely escape echo status and end up a lugi style fighter. Her special's will be mostly unique or semi unique; but her normals will probably borrow a substantial amount from Diddy. As long as she also use's her hair for grab's, I'd be satisfied with that! Would you guy's be okay with that?
Nevertheless; I support Dixie!

Last edited:

Reila

If she is an echo, a guitar jam should be her final smash. If she isn't an echo, I would prefer the guitar to be part of her moveset.
I think Dixie will most likely escape echo status and end up a lugi style fighter. Her special's will be mostly unique or semi unique; but her normals will probably borrow a substantial amount from Diddy. As long as she also use's her hair for grab's, I'd be satisfied with that! Would you guy's be okay with that?
Nevertheless; I support Dixie!
Sure. A Lucas or Luigi-like ""clone"" would be totally fine by me.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If she is an echo, a guitar jam should be her final smash. If she isn't an echo, I would prefer the guitar to be part of her moveset.

Sure. A Lucas or Luigi-like ""clone"" would be totally fine by me.
I feel like if Dixie stuck around for multiple games, she could get to the point like Luigi where he's basically only like Mario in a couple aspects.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Regular from the K. Rool thread here, Dixie need's to be in Smash. I said from the start of Smash Ultimate speculation that even if I get K. Rool I wouldn't be satisfied. I'm not.. Dixie needs to be there to round out the DK series she more than deserves it.

I'm confident that she will be in this game, the whole Chrom echo of Roy but with Ikes Up B pretty much makes it seem like echo characters can have slight changes to their moveset. I think Dixie is a no brainer at this point. Besides there's quite a few popular ballot characters we have yet to see show up yet, she's one of them. If Shovel Knight, Krystal, Chrom, K. Rool, etc. All have a presence in this game, she absolutely will aswell. The DK series representation in Smash has always been in question and yesterday we got K. Rool and a Klaptrap AT, I think the criticism is being addressed.
Quite is beautiful how we all are sticking so together to rally on DK-series getting the full representation it so deserves. Welcome to the barrel! (Sorry BirthNote BirthNote )

We're just a teeny bit closer now that the Krock King has made it... best wishes to us all.

Last edited:

SamDunk

Smash Cadet
Before yesterday, I really wanted K. Rool and didn't really care about Dixie being in or not, but now that he's actually made it, I've started to realize that it would feel wrong to have him and not her, considering Dixie's definitely more relevant nowadays. I don't think he'd do two totally separate DK newcomers, considering he did say not to expect too many and we've already gotten three, but I think she has a semi-decent chance at an Echo. It probably all depends on how well she did in the Ballot.

Reila

Before yesterday, I really wanted K. Rool and didn't really care about Dixie being in or not, but now that he's actually made it, I've started to realize that it would feel wrong to have him and not her, considering Dixie's definitely more relevant nowadays. I don't think he'd do two totally separate DK newcomers, considering he did say not to expect too many and we've already gotten three, but I think she has a semi-decent chance at an Echo. It probably all depends on how well she did in the Ballot.
I believe he was referring to unique fighters when he said there wouldn't be too many newcomers. Well, the wording is vague so lots of interpretations are valid.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Well, count me a supporter! Before the direct, I had a couple of hang-ups that kept me from completely joining the ranks:

1. I wanted to see K. Rool first. These two characters weren't really in competition, I know, but it was a slight mental roadblock.
2. I was worried she would have to pull exclusively from Diddy's moveset as an Echo, which would be a pretty big waste.

Now, K. Rool is in, and Chrom showed that the definition of an Echo is a bit broader than I thought. If they can pull some moves from DK and replace limbs with hair, and I think she could work. It's still possible she could be squandered a bit, but I have enough of my concerns out of the way to commit to supporting. She's a good character and has definitely earned a place among the greats.

Last edited:

Cazzone

Smash Cadet
Why do you people continue discussing about Dixie being echo, clone, semi clone or brand new if we aren’t even sure we’re getting her in?

I mean, I don’t mind in which form she makes it into the game, shouldn’t we discuss her chances first? Because I’m afraid we won’t get her after seeing the K Rool trailer, sadly.

Don’t get yourselves too ahead. She isn’t a lock. Discussing about echo or not is going to be pointless if her chances are this low.

Reila

Why do you people continue discussing about Dixie being echo, clone, semi clone or brand new if we aren’t even sure we’re getting her in?

I mean, I don’t mind in which form she makes it into the game, shouldn’t we discuss her chances first? Because I’m afraid we won’t get her after seeing the K Rool trailer, sadly.

Don’t get yourselves too ahead. She isn’t a lock. Discussing about echo or not is going to be pointless if her chances are this low.
Because this is her thread and we are allowed to talk about Dixie Kong here? Don't like it don't read it. Who says her chances are "this low"?

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
with K.Rool in I'd say that helps Dixie's chances in a way and I'm totally cool with more DK reps
A Luigi main with a Peridot profile picture? I like your choices. Anyway, yeah K.Rool getting in shows that they at least they aren't overlooking the DK franchise again, so hopefully this is Dixie's time to shine.

If you count every playable character in the game, we have 75 right now. I'm thinking 80 will be the max, and I'm worried about Dixie's chances, but I think people are just talking about how it wouldn't really fit her character just to be an echo. I'd be okay with an echo, but a semi-clone or unique fighter would be much preferred.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hey guys! (and gal's) How are you holding up?

Just saying that I still believe there is a golden banana of a chance for Dixie Kong!
Now with Chrom's moveset being a game changer and all, we have to ask ourselves what is really an echo?
Still as irrelevant as K. Rool, but, really, I do believe no matter what, Dixie has a legit, solid chance to be part of the roster!

Remember how Dark Samus was not revealed with Ridley?
I think it was a smart move to reveal K. Rool alone. Both characters deserves individual screen time to capture, and focus on the beauty of each character.
I got great hopes still for the ponytail flying gum chewing banana girl.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
This could lend more evidence that we might get a continuation of K. Rool's trailer for Dixie. Right before Richter gets announced, it goes to gameplay with Simon taking a ton of damage from Dracula then switches back to CGI. Just something to think about since we got the cliffhanger of DK and Diddy being buried!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think she's good to go

She can be a echo and not get the jet pack

She can be Dk up B but tins here hair instead and the gun just realized just switch the peanuts with bubblegum

Chrom pretty much saved her from being a bad echo with that Ike up b but everything else being Roy moves

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
As many people have brought up in this topic, the scene at the end of K. Rools trailer could potentially hint a Dixie trailer, as a part 2 of K. Rool’s. Also, I think she should get a seperate victory theme, along with her victory taunt being the guitar.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
So following the direct, here's some things about thoughts and junk:

-Dixie is not out yet. Dark Samus was revealed separately from Ridley. Dixie can be revealed separately from K Rool.
-The inclusion of new DK items, a DK assist and K Rool makes me feel better about her being in than before actually. It shows that the series is getting highlighted in the playbook, and an eye is being paid to Tropical Freeze most likely.
-We should be ready to embrace her as an Echo fighter, because it seems that the conditions of being an Echo are simply being based on someone else. The definition gets more loose with each addition.

Dark Samus is animated totally different. Chrom has a couple unique moves, a unique Up B (it is NOT Aether from Ike, contrary to popular belief, just similar), and is otherwise kind of like Roy. Dixie could have a mostly unique moveset, but if she's uses Diddys running/dodging animations or shares a couple attacks, she'll probably be called an Echo.

I'm truly starting to believe that Echo is just a way to keep people from blowing their tops when they see ONE similar move and call "CLONEEEEEE" (As a Wolf player, I know how this goes), and is also a way to sort of apologize for having a newcomer that isn't entirely bespoke and built ground up. And let's be real, Dixie won't be.

-I have a sneaking suspicion there will be a direct about a story mode, which will show some new heroes and sidekicks joining to beat the baddies, like Bandana Dee and Dixie.

-Stay optimistic. We have some months to go.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace

She isn't a lock, but I'm going to be bolder than most and just straight-up say that if her and Shadow aren't in the final roster, I'm going to be a monkey's uncle. Those two are pretty much the closest thing to a lock the series has probably seen if thinking cogently based on the Direct.

Dixie in particular not only has her own massive level of support, but now she has the overflow from King K. Rool fans behind her (many of which have always been behind both). DK is underrepresented, it has been the case for too long, and you can see this from the overwhelming number of K. Rool fans flooding in. Sakurai knows this fact, and Smash Ultimate is looking to be a very fan service-y game. With a model so similar to Diddy's to build an easy foundation off of (which is why I mentioned Shadow, because he's in exactly the same situation IMO), it would be very strange for him not to add these characters.

Furthermore, why is it so strange to theorise about our favourite characters should they appear in Smash? Every other fan-base has done it in their speculation thread, I don't see why Dixie is different.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Sakurai said Chrom and Dark Samus were "highly requested" in their showcases, he wouldn't somehow include them and not Dixie.

I find it hard to believe since Dixie is more popular than Daisy, Dark Samus, and Chrom combined.

Reila

This could lend more evidence that we might get a continuation of K. Rool's trailer for Dixie. Right before Richter gets announced, it goes to gameplay with Simon taking a ton of damage from Dracula then switches back to CGI. Just something to think about since we got the cliffhanger of DK and Diddy being buried!
Yeah. Don't forget Captain Falcon kicking Lucina's sword and preparing a Falcon Punch right before Robin saves her. There are probably other examples.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
It's great to see so many supporters pop in, say hi and really contribute to the energy of this thread! Thank you, everybody! So I have a question, and I'm not too sure how to word it, but I'll try my best. We are all in this thread because we support Dixie, but the question is how do we REALLY support Dixie? How can we be vocal about this? How can we be seen? Would this thread having like 100 pages make a bold statement? Should we start some kind of campaign to be seen? Hashtags on Twitter? (without spamming Sakurai of course) I am just brainstorming here and trying to think of practical ways to support instead of just say "I support Dixie." Not to say that is a bad thing, It's actually very beautiful. I'm just trying to think of more ways to help and honestly be heard.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's great to see so many supporters pop in, say hi and really contribute to the energy of this thread! Thank you, everybody! So I have a question, and I'm not too sure how to word it, but I'll try my best. We are all in this thread because we support Dixie, but the question is how do we REALLY support Dixie? How can we be vocal about this? How can we be seen? Would this thread having like 100 pages make a bold statement? Should we start some kind of campaign to be seen? Hashtags on Twitter? (without spamming Sakurai of course) I am just brainstorming here and trying to think of practical ways to support instead of just say "I support Dixie." Not that say that is a bad thing, It's actually very beautiful. I'm just trying to think of more ways to help and honestly be heard.
Heading to Deviantart? That seems to be the best place to start, especially with people like Dragonith being active.

D

Deleted member

Now that King K. Rool is in, Dixie Kong definitely has my support. DK isn’t complete without her.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
It's great to see so many supporters pop in, say hi and really contribute to the energy of this thread! Thank you, everybody! So I have a question, and I'm not too sure how to word it, but I'll try my best. We are all in this thread because we support Dixie, but the question is how do we REALLY support Dixie? How can we be vocal about this? How can we be seen? Would this thread having like 100 pages make a bold statement? Should we start some kind of campaign to be seen? Hashtags on Twitter? (without spamming Sakurai of course) I am just brainstorming here and trying to think of practical ways to support instead of just say "I support Dixie." Not to say that is a bad thing, It's actually very beautiful. I'm just trying to think of more ways to help and honestly be heard.
I've seen multiple twitter accounts supporting K.Rool with plenty of followers, and they don't harass Sakurai. Maybe it would be cool to start a Dixie support page on Twitter, and just make some posts talking about Dixie and some of her appearances in games, why she "belongs" in Smash and stuff like that.

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I'm just trying to think of ways to be heard without sounding intrusive or ungrateful. Definitely don't want a repeat of what trolls did to Sakurai when Waluigi was confirmed AT. Trying to think of ways we can all collaborate on something and start a peaceful movement for Dixie. Hmmmmm... Again just brainstorming. Maybe my thoughts might spark an idea or they may do nothing at all but it's worth throwing out there.

I've seen multiple twitter accounts supporting K.Rool with plenty of followers, and they don't really harass Sakurai, so maybe it would be cool to start a Dixie support page on Twitter.
With more supporters now I really think that could work now! We had an old page but I think it was specifically for smash 4 and I can't remember who ran the page. Should we start a new one? What do you think BirthNote BirthNote SethTheMage SethTheMage

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm just trying to think of ways to be heard without sounding intrusive or ungrateful. Definitely don't want a repeat of what trolls did to Sakurai when Waluigi was confirmed AT. Trying to think of ways we can all collaborate on something and start a peaceful movement for Dixie. Hmmmmm... Again just brainstorming. Maybe my thoughts might spark an idea or they may do nothing at all but it's worth throwing out there.

With more supporters now I really think that could work now! We had an old page but I think it was specifically for smash 4 and I can't remember who ran the page. Should we start a new one? What do you think BirthNote BirthNote SethTheMage SethTheMage
If a page was set up, I'd for sure follow it. I just don't want to admin it; I'm not as active as I used to be.

Top Bottom