• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Dixie and Inkling would both jam with David Wise's boss themes (Punch Bowl is the best IMO) and Squid Squad music (Specially Metalopod).

Dixie and Kazooie would be besties for obvious reasons.

Dixie would also become a friend of Falco because personally, they prefer the air. And they would declare war to Jigglypuff's reign of terror (Have any of you played online recently? That pink balloon is back with vengeance)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
There'd be a ponytail club with ZSS, Dixie, Terry, and other people I'm forgetting.
Dixie and Inkling is a good one.
Dixie and Bayonetta with the hair connection.
Maybe Dixie and B&K with the music instrument connection.

It's also interesting to think -- is there an "opposite" that Dixie might gel with? Since some of the friendships are built on being opposites to each other aesthetically. Maybe Dixie with K. Rool. They do make an interesting visual contrast. And they do have some connection, in terms of being abandoned in some way. The common link between all DK characters.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i think Dixie might get along well with Sonic tbh

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Dixie and Samus/Zero Suit (First strong females of Nintendo)
Dixie and Diddy (Boyfriend and Girlfriend)
Dixie and Kazooie (Rare girls)
Dixie and Bayonetta (Strong female who also uses her hair)
Dixie and Donkey (Boyfriends uncle)
Dixie and Rosalina (Strong empowering female basically the Mushroom Kingdoms version of God)
Dixie and Daisy (both Tomboys who enjoy sporting and hanging with the boys)
Dixie and Isabelle (both extremely cute and blonde animals. Both also incredibly sweet)
Dixie and Villager (Villager treats animals with respect and I think Dixie would appreciate that)
Dixie and Sheik (both empowering females who dont take **** from anyone)
Dixie and Jigglypuff (both would bond over music)
Dixie and Inkling (Dixie would love Inklings free spirit and trouble making fun nature)
Dixie and Ice Climbers (A cute couple would remind her of her and Diddy's past adventures)

Those are my characters I think she would get along with here are the character she wouldnt get along with IMO:

K.Rool (obvious reasons)
Joker (in my head canon every character hates this character)
Ridley (Hes a bad guy and killed her Smash besties parents)
Peach (She would view Peach as weak and terrible)
Bowser (bad guy)
Wolf (bad guy)
Ganondorf (evil guy)
Dark Samus (bad guy)
Bowser Jr. (She would view him as a brat and it would remind her of her old babysitting duties)
Pokemon Trainer (They use animals to fight for them. Dixie would not like that given what she knows what happened between Mario, Cranky, Stanley, and DK Jr. in the past)

The rest of the roster I feel Dixie would just be indifferent too.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Anyone else have sleep problems? If you answered no, get ready to join the club.

There's tons of weird stuff like this in the DK mangas. It can be pretty fun but I admit one thing that bothers me is that some artists draw Dixie in particular like a human.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Joker (in my head canon every character hates this character)
What.... why? Strange head canon. Joker isn't a villain or an unlikable guy, I think most of the cast would get along fine with him, Dixie included.

Pokemon Trainer (They use animals to fight for them. Dixie would not like that given what she knows what happened between Mario, Cranky, Stanley, and DK Jr. in the past)
I'm pretty sure the only Trainers Dixie would hate would be bad guys like Team Rocket. The protagonist trainers don't abuse their Pokemon or anything like that, the whole message throughout the games and anime is that Red and Leaf have strong bonds of friendship with their Pokemon and the Pokemon fight for them because they want to.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Those are my characters I think she would get along with here are the character she wouldnt get along with IMO:

Pokemon Trainer (They use animals to fight for them. Dixie would not like that given what she knows what happened between Mario, Cranky, Stanley, and DK Jr. in the past)[/QUOTE]
Just a minor nitpick, but Pokemon technically aren't animals. They tend to have higher intelligence than most animals, and many of them enjoy battling. I only wanted to bring that up because I'm a Pokemon nerd.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Excuse you, Peach and Dixie would be best friends forever.
If only because they would be able to bond over 'hold jump to float' mechanics. Which is also how Dixie should function in Smash.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
If only because they would be able to bond over 'hold jump to float' mechanics. Which is also how Dixie should function in Smash.
And how Bowser Jr should. Seriously, the Koopa Clown Car is supposed to hover... Why doesn't it?! WHY?!

osby

Smash Obsessed
And how Bowser Jr should. Seriously, the Koopa Clown Car is supposed to hover... Why doesn't it?! WHY?!
If you try to give any character floating ability just because they have them in their games, you'll end up with some serious balance issues and it wouldn't feel unique anymore.

There's a reason why Hero is the only RPG character with random crit chances and gliding was removed in Smash 4.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
If you try to give any character floating ability just because they have them in their games, you'll end up with some serious balance issues and it wouldn't feel unique anymore.

There's a reason why Hero is the only RPG character with random crit chances and gliding was removed in Smash 4.
Maybe. But it feels wrong being a Peach (and Daisy!) exception, knowing that this was an ability of her in only one old game, while the Koopa Clown Car is meant to fly and does so in every single game it appears. For what it's worth, I think Ganondorf should do that too (and play very differently, but that's for another subject). Also, in Melee, only Marth and his clone Roy had a down-b counters, and look how many we have now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, in Melee, only Marth and his clone Roy had a down-b counters, and look how many we have now.
False equivalence fallacy.

A character's ability and special moves aren't the same things.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So according to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice from the Geno thread, we might be getting a couple of Nintendo characters and maybe Spirit/Assist promotions after the Season Pass. He is a Smashboards boomer in Sabi's private discord, so I completely trust him. The guy is a real awesome dude.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How crediable is Fatmanonice especially compared to Vergeben?

Unless...Maybe Fatmanonice IS Vergeben? *Mind blown*

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How crediable is Fatmanonice especially compared to Vergeben?

Unless...Maybe Fatmanonice IS Vergeben? *Mind blown*
Like I said he is a Smashboards boomer who is in Sabi's private discord. The guy himself isn't a insider or leaker, but he does hang around with people in that discord that are. He is only allowed to say certain things to the community when given the thumbs up.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
So according to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice from the Geno thread, we might be getting a couple of Nintendo characters and maybe Spirit/Assist promotions after the Season Pass. He is a Smashboards boomer in Sabi's private discord, so I completely trust him. The guy is a real awesome dude.
Eh I'll believe it when I see it. Not getting my hopes up for more 1st party characters. I expected new 1st parties in Smash 4's DLC and only got Corrin...then I expected 1st party DLC before the fighters pass got announced and then got none (though Banjo is in that weird spot). Tired or getting my hopes up only to constantly be disappointed.

Also even if first parties are true theirs no telling if Dixie is one of them. It took 10 years after Brawl to finally get another DK character with K.Rool and it was ONLY because of fan outcry. If we get any first parties my guesses are Waluigi (for the same reasons as Ridley and Rool), Bandana Dee (extremely popular and easily marketable because theirs a new Kirby game every week), then probably a new Pokemon from Sword/Shield. I was gonna say Byleth from Three Houses but one I think its too late for that game and two I think Nintendo learned their lesson with adding Fire Emblem in Smash even though personally I would love to see Claude or Eldegard make it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Eh I'll believe it when I see it. Not getting my hopes up for more 1st party characters. I expected new 1st parties in Smash 4's DLC and only got Corrin...then I expected 1st party DLC before the fighters pass got announced and then got none (though Banjo is in that weird spot). Tired or getting my hopes up only to constantly be disappointed.

Also even if first parties are true theirs no telling if Dixie is one of them. It took 10 years after Brawl to finally get another DK character with K.Rool and it was ONLY because of fan outcry. If we get any first parties my guesses are Waluigi (for the same reasons as Ridley and Rool), Bandana Dee (extremely popular and easily marketable because theirs a new Kirby game every week), then probably a new Pokemon from Sword/Shield. I was gonna say Byleth from Three Houses but one I think its too late for that game and two I think Nintendo learned their lesson with adding Fire Emblem in Smash even though personally I would love to see Claude or Eldegard make it.
I would legitimately vomit if we got another Pokemon before Dixie. I think 10 is more than generous enough for this game. They're practically guaranteed to get another shill pick next Smash anyway, they can wait until then.

Waluigi and Dee are nice and all and I would be happy for their fans, but I would be frankly pissed off if they got in and Dixie didn’t.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It was unique to them like floating was unique to Peach. The equivalence seems real to me.
Actually, Peach had a counter special in Melee, as well. It was a neutral special instead of a down special but still.

It would be cool to have Dixie with Peach's float mechanic, but in reality Dixie's float was more like descending slowly, rather than staying in place like Peach on Mario 2. Maybe she can hold the jump button to descend slowly but I'd be okay if, like Fox, she could temporarily float during her forward air like I suggested a few months ago, and maybe her neutral and back air as well, to emulate how in DKC2 and DKC3 you needed to hold down the attack button to float, rather than the jump button.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I actually didn't know the new Yooka Laylee was roughly $35. Now I'll pick it up sooner than I thought I would.
I plan on getting it too, But I gotta pick up and play Pokemon Sword and Shield this Friday first, Maybe I can juggle both this holiday season.

Side Note: If you have a little patience and wanna save a few bucks, I hear it's suppose to be $20 at Best Buy on Black Friday, That's when I'm picking it up, Just thought I would let you know.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I plan on getting it too, But I gotta pick up and play Pokemon Sword and Shield this Friday first, Maybe I can juggle both this holiday season.

If you wanna play it right now by all means go ahead, But just thought that I would let you know that I hear it's suppose to be $20 at Best Buy on Black Friday, That's when I'm picking it up.
Oooh that's good to know; I was planning on getting Luigi's Mansion 3 by Christmas and run through Borderlands 3 until then, but with YL being so cheap I'll probably alternate between those 2 til I get LM3.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Oooh that's good to know; I was planning on getting Luigi's Mansion 3 by Christmas and run through Borderlands 3 until then, but with YL being so cheap I'll probably alternate between those 2 til I get LM3.
Yeah I still have to get Luigi's Mansion 3 too, Would have picked it up and played it first, But it's release date was just too damn close to Pokemon that I had to prioritize since Pokemon is my favorite series.

I'm sure I will find a way to juggle all 3 or space them out in a schedule, Impossible Lair is a smaller game so I will probably juggle it with Pokemon and will probably ask for Luigi's Mansion 3 this Christmas too.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Okay, so what should be Dixie's Final Smash, victory animations, taunts, and Classic Mode ending picture guys?
For a Final Smash she pulls out a picture of Kiddy Kong and makes the opponents look at it, Boom, Instant KO. (Just kidding, I got nothing against Kiddy Kong, He's all right.)

Seriously though ,Since she was the one who originally played the electric guitar first back in DKC 2 ,I think they should "Ape" (Pun intended) Diddy Kong's electric guitar move from DK 64 or a similar take on it playing her "Stage Clear Theme" while sending massive shockwaves against the opposition.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Okay, so what should be Dixie's Final Smash, victory animations, taunts, and Classic Mode ending picture guys?
I thought the Musical attack was a good Down B. But it could also work like a Final Smash. The "cinematic" cutscene Final Smash would be Dixie doing an animal buddy rampage. That would make up for them being absent for so long.

Victory 1: Victory guitar animation from DKC2.
Victory 2: Claps and moves very happy like at the end of a stage in Tropical Freeze.
Victory 3: Enters the screen gliding and lands with a magificent pose while shooting the Popgun.

Taunt 1: Makes her gum balloon explode (It does damage like Luigi's down taunt)
Taunt 2: Sits down and drinks soda with her feet.
Taunt 3: Air guitar from Tropical Freeze. But make it long enough to rival Klavier Gavin's own air guitar.

Classic mode picture is Diddy being hit by King K. Rool's cannonball while Dixie floats above and DK is behind K. Rool (with his Kaptain hat) doing a goofy big eyeballs expression.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Final Smash should be a cinematic of the Queen Banana Bird dropping an egg on the opponents

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Alright lets play would you rather, DK edition.

Would you rather get a new DK game next year but it has NO Dixie or Kremlings OR would you rather get a new DK game with both Dixie and Kremlings but have to wait an extra 5 years (probably for Switch 2)?

No you cant choose both. Each game cancels the other out. So if you choose the one next year the one in 5 years wont exist and vice versa.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord

Would you rather get a new DK game next year but it has NO Dixie or Kremlings OR would you rather get a new DK game with both Dixie and Kremlings but have to wait an extra 5 years (probably for Switch 2)?

No you cant choose both. Each game cancels the other out. So if you choose the one next year the one in 5 years wont exist and vice versa.
The latter. There are tons of games I can play in the meantime.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I feel like I'd age 30 years if we had another cycle of "did they remove nearly every previous DK character from the series" again. I'll pick the latter.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

See you in five years.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
We really don't need more reboot hell. DKCR was nice for a one and done kind of thing, and it was done after several home console generations of no traditional 2D DKC platformers. Look what constant rebooting and going "back to the basics but with a shallow gimmick" did to Star Fox. We can thank that mentality for Krystal being dead, and I'm pretty sure the same fate would fall upon Dixie and the Kremlings if this were to happen to DK. Nintendo already treats DK and Diddy as the only important DK characters in literally every Mario spinoff, K Rool only got into Smash due to massive fan demand. We don't need to dig back into a hole after all the progress we just made.

Last edited:
Top Bottom