• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Land Down Under: Australian Threats At Genesis 3

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! While Australia has funded foreign players to visit them with events like BAM7, this is one of the best outpourings of players traveling from their to the United States. The land down under is ready for Genesis 3 but do readers know all their threats attending? Let's give them a look!

PeteSSB
PeteSSB is the best Smash 64 player in Australia and thank to the Smash 64 player fund is coming to Genesis 3! He won Smash 64 at BAM7 last year and placed 33rd when he was able to attend Apex 2014. He's had even more time to train and prepare so keep an eye out on him to make a splash on Australian Soil.

Melee Down Under

While the Crème de la Crème of Australian Melee will not be able to attend due to scheduling issues and cost these heavy hitters will be representing the land down under and show what they have to offer.

Rainbow
:peachmelee: - One of the best Peach players in Australia.

smopup :foxmelee: - S.D.'s protege and one of the most technical players in Australia.

Tid :samusmelee: - Once a developer on Super Smash Flash 2, he lost against Leffen at BAM7 and has been training since for a potential rematch.

PCG :foxmelee: - A solid Fox who is often seen at Queensland Smash events.

RusselTLM :falcomelee: - A strong Falco who teamed with Lucky at BAM 7.

Smash 4 Australia Fair

Smash 4 in Australia has been incredibly exciting with Villyness being the first woman to win a national tournament and players like Waveguider making waves with Wii Fit Trainer. Sadly neither will be able to attend Genesis 3 but three of the best will be entering to advance Australia fair.

Ghostbone :4sheik:/:4diddy: - Having won SXC2k15 and a flight to Genesis 3, "The Finest Australia Export" Ghostbone will be showing the best of South Australia at the event. Check out this interview from after SXC2k15 to learn more about him.

Jezmo :4falcon:/:4diddy: - Runner up at SXC2k15 he may main the captain and Diddy but has the skills to pull out any characters on the character select screen.

Jaice :rosalina:/:4villager: - Jaice likes to go ham with a dangerous Rosalina, whipping out a Villager if he feel like mixing it up.

---​

Australia is certainly looking like quite a threat at Genesis 3 but aren't the only international talent looking to make a splash at the event. Check out our previews from Smash threats from Mexico and threats from Latin America. Also a quick shoutout to Chair coming from Guam!

Excited to see these Australians at Genesis 3? Where will they end up placing? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for more Genesis 3 previews as the event draws near!

Want a player interviewed live at Genesis 3? Nominate a player and give questions to ask by filling out this form and SmashCapps will interview them live on Periscope at the event!

Comments

Kicking myself for not managing to pull together enough funds to make it...knowing I could've gone far :/

Salt aside, best of luck in the US guys, it doesn't feel right staying behind and watching the fight but I know you guys are sure to do well, so good luck out there.

Kicking myself for not managing to pull together enough funds to make it...knowing I could've gone far :/

Salt aside, best of luck in the US guys, it doesn't feel right staying behind and watching the fight but I know you guys are sure to do well, so good luck out there.
No doubt in my mind you'd take out some names and be recognized as the worlds best yoshi. Sucks we couldn't get enough funding for you mate. Next time for sure!

Next time you will do better! :)

Top Bottom