• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Koopa Wizard: Kamek for Smash Switch thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He has a very notable role, being one of the two main villains alongside Baby Bowser. Kamek has actually been in, alongside every other DLC added character besides Pauline, in the files for Mario Tennis Aces since launch. He's also in that game's adventure mode as one of the more... notorious missions.
Well... that's definitely a little bit spoilery, but story isn't why I play Yoshi, I suppose.
As for being in the file for Aces from the beginning- seems fitting with an advertising role from Crafted world, given Yoshi got delayed since the Switch was announced.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Question about Kamek (please no spoiler, just a yes or no):
Is Kamek notable in Yoshi's Crafted World? Is that why he just made Mario Tennis Aces?

Team Rocket/ Meowth. More iconic than anyone except Bowser.
Actually Pig Ganon is the most iconic Nintendo villain that isn't in the roster yet. He is definitely more iconic than Ganondorf even though they are the same person.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Actually Pig Ganon is the most iconic Nintendo villain that isn't in the roster yet. He is definitely more iconic than Ganondorf even though they are the same person.
I understand arguing that someone is more iconic can be debatable, but you did not even bring up my point to your comparison.

Tell me how a character in every episode of one of the longest running cartoons around the world, from the biggest grossing franchise across all media, is less iconic than Pig Ganon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I understand arguing that someone is more iconic can be debatable, but you did not even bring up my point to your comparison.

Tell me how a character in every episode of one of the longest running cartoons around the world, from the biggest grossing franchise across all media, is less iconic than Pig Ganon.
Meowth doesn't have that much importance in the games and is only important in the anime so he doesn't qualify that much for Smash.

As for Team Rocket, they qualify because they are important to the games.

To answer your question, Pig Ganon is more iconic as a video game character than Meowth because he is the most recurring antagonist in the Zelda franchise and has been in the series from the start. REMEMBER! As a VIDEO GAME character.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Meowth doesn't have that much importance in the games and is only important in the anime so he doesn't qualify that much for Smash.

To answer your question, Pig Ganon is more iconic as a video game character than Meowth because he is the most recurring antagonist in the Zelda franchise and has been in the series from the start. REMEMBER! As a VIDEO GAME character.
You do know Meowth is a videogame character right?

Plus what you say is a moot point, Pikachu also owes a great deal of his iconicness to the anime (or need I remind you it's just a random Pokemon in Red & Blue?)

I doubt you can show Pig Ganon to many people and they'd recognize him. With Meowth you can be more certain. That's what iconic means.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Then I guess Pikachu isn't an important video game character, by this logic.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You do know Meowth is a videogame character right?

Plus what you say is a moot point, Pikachu also owes a great deal of his iconicness to the anime (or need I remind you it's just a random Pokemon in Red & Blue?)

I doubt you can show Pig Ganon to many people and they'd recognize him. With Meowth you can be more certain. That's what iconic means.
Then I guess Pikachu isn't an important video game character, by this logic.
Pikachu is the face of Pokémon and you can't compare Meowth to him. Meowth isn't Pikachu levels of iconic. Plus Meowth is only a villain in the anime, he isn't one in the games.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Pikachu is the face of Pokémon and you can't compare Meowth to him. Meowth isn't Pikachu levels of iconic. Plus Meowth is only a villain in the anime, he isn't one in the games.
Pikachu is the face of Pokemon because of the anime. Yes, given the context of the conversation, it's an exact comparison.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is not the Meowth thread, this is the Kamek thread. please argue somewhere else - preferably DMs.
I responded to TWO comments- no need to post your attempt at humorous and insulting memes, because you're not a mod, and that is certainly not acting like one. At the time of my posting, your posts are more off topic than mine.

Consider your own actions, thanks.

That said, I've heard good things about Kamek in Yoshi's Crafted World.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would love to see Kamek included.
I also hope we get info about him being in Yoshi's new game.

Maybe even both at once.
Not to be too happy about this, as I still have not bought Yoshi's Flipping Crafted World,
but I'm quite excited to see Kamek was returned to such a high status.
Maybe we can see him take the stage, eventually. Altering other players and his own size would only give more mechanics already programmed into the game, a true chance to shine in competitive play.
In fact, all of his specials could just be status altering (Shrink opponents, grow yourself, poison opponents, reverse direction).
He's literally a walking Mushroom in terms of effects, but super unique.
And of course he would use Smash attacks and hover above the ground.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So glad we got Kamek in Mario Tennis Aces, he needs more playable roles. Did better than King Boo there!

Also just bought Yoshi's Crafted World and thus far am very much enjoying it. I kinda wish each world had a boss rather than every fifth world. Would give Kamek more prominence.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, its pretty cool that Kamek is getting a partner role in Origami King. It's certainly an expanded role for him.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
wouldnt Kamek/Magikoopa be a 1990 character instead of 1995 character? its the same kind enemy except one has a story
similar to :ultdk: even though he is not the same "Donkey kong" as the 1981 one but he is counted as 1981 character

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
wouldnt Kamek/Magikoopa be a 1990 character instead of 1995 character? its the same kind enemy except one has a story
similar to :ultdk: even though he is not the same "Donkey kong" as the 1981 one but he is counted as 1981 character
I get it mixed up too. I heard Magikoopa and Kamek are two characters even though they look exactly the same. Magikoopas I believe are the normal enemies while Kamek is the main Magikoopa that puts a spell on bosses to give them a edge in the Yoshi's Island and New Super Mario Bros. games. So Magikoopa debut in Super Mario World in 1990 and Kamek debut in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island in 1995.

Last edited:
Top Bottom