• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Koopa Wizard: Kamek for Smash Switch thread

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Kamek as a playable fighter. It's all the more fitting now too with the inclusions of King K. Rool and Ridley, being that Yoshi is the only character from the original eight that does not have a villain from his series. Aside from that, I feel like he would be an incredibly unique character.

On another note, is there any way we could potentially start a new thread? I don't think the OP has been active in quite some time, and it would be nice to update this thread and get more of a support going.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I don't think a new thread is necessary.
It's possible to switch ownership. The mods can fix this, but first they need to try contact the original OP, and then someone who wish to take it over.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't think a new thread is necessary.
It's possible to switch ownership. The mods can fix this, but first they need to try contact the original OP, and then someone who wish to take it over.
I've discussed with the mods about my plans to take it over. They said that because the OP was absent for over a year we don't need to contact him, but the old thread owner changer thing doesn't work, so it may take a while to re-implement it.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
I came upon a neat fan-made moveset for the guy, and I thought it might interest you all.

https://www.deviantart.com/daimyo-koikoi/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Kamek-Concept-760791998
This is really cool. A much more Yoshi's Island-based, mook-summoning take on Kamek as opposed to my spell-based moveset rooted more in the core Mario-Series.

Even though I'm a Yoshi-main, I was never fond of his games, so my concept for and perception of Kamek is entirely different. It's really interesting to see how he could go both ways and it proves how much potential he just has.

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
You know, you think all it would take is a simple search just to figure out if someone already made a thread for this character. Well, apparently not. I had no idea about this thread and I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude, but I'm sorry. Smashboards is not like most websites where you can delete a post and just move on. No, apparently they "lock" it. You can't delete sh*t. Because now I feel like sh*t that I can't delete anything.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I support, even if he’s already disconfirmed.

We could really use another Yoshi character, and Kamek’s a no-brainer.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If we got Kamek or Baby Bowser, we would have matching villains to the original 8. So I will just support Kamek for that reason alone.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I honestly don't see Yoshi necessarily deserving of a 2nd rep but Kamek is fun and fascinating. He has my support.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Glad to see a boost in support. Reminder that I own the thread, the only reason it isn't officiial is due to the site update removing the ability to swap tread owners. I've talked with the mods about it though.

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
I came upon a neat fan-made moveset for the guy, and I thought it might interest you all.

https://www.deviantart.com/daimyo-koikoi/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Kamek-Concept-760791998
This plus DefinitelyNotSascha's moveset reminded me how much I like Kamek. So full of character, humor and personality, and a good nemesis character to bring in just to give that lonely Yoshi series egg icon a little more representation. Add me onto the support list when you gain control of it please!

Also... could we get Kamek temporarily transforming into his Peach ballroom gown and wig disguise as a taunt? Or even as an alt costume? I'd like that. (Let’s face it - so would Kamek.)

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
It's time for Kamek. He's the last main antagonist of the original 8. He would be our first pure magic user. It's 100% time for Kamek to join Smash.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Only thing that would get in his way now is Poochy, so it's tough to tell which of the two would get more support.

I'm all for both tho.
If we support Kamek hard enough, he will honestly end up like K. Rool and Ridley. He is an important villain in one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. He also has great moveset potential people can get behind.

He makes a lot of sense, honestly and I think now is the best opportunity to start ramping up the support.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we support Kamek hard enough, he will honestly end up like K. Rool and Ridley. He is an important villain in one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. He also has great moveset potential people can get behind.

He makes a lot of sense, honestly and I think now is the best opportunity to start ramping up the support.
Plus he does have his recent role as a host in Super Mario Party in his favor (not to mention the inevitable Yoshi's Crafted World appearance).

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Plus he does have his recent role as a host in Super Mario Party in his favor (not to mention the inevitable Yoshi's Crafted World appearance).
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about both of those. He's super iconic. And he's most likely returning as the main antagonist of the Yoshi series yet again in Yoshi's Crafted World.

Man, Kamek has been everywhere. Honestly suprising not many have hoped on the support train.

UserKev

Smash Champion
What makes me actually worried, Kamek is basically non existent in Smash. I wish he was Assist Trophied because at least its a strong recognition and considerably a start. I feel like Kamek could be forgettable to Sakurai.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Well, a magikoopa at the least is in Smash 4 alongside a Kamek trophy (that's in the wrong series, Sakurai...) but then we also have Kamek as a spirit in Smash Ultimate, and well... I doubt Spirits deconfirmed anyone due to the large amount of them.

I'd say as long as we're super vocal like K Rool and Ridley before us, he'll get in.

Though I will say he's actually one of the two out of the OG 8 without a villain, the other being Kirby (no matter what people say Dedede and Meta Knight don't count since 9/10 times they were mind controlled tondo villanous acts and are otherwise heroes.) Then again the only one that Kirby has fought multiple times is Dark Matter/Zero and while regular D.M. could work too, I think we know why Zero would draw some concern and doubt.

Anyways this is about Kamek, not a Kirby villain.

Let's hope this mage of a koopa gets his chance in DLC!

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I actually think Kamek's chances are much better now. One of the knocks against him has been that he resembles a common enemy, the Magikoopa's, and even in Japan, I think Kamek is just the name for Magikoopa. But with the inclusion of Piranha Plant, it doesn't really matter if he's looked at as a common enemy or not. And I think out of all common enemies, he's by far one of the most unique and significant.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Kamek has merit but the OG 8 without an antagonist isn't a good argument. Yoshi really doesn't even need a new rep because he's basically looped with Mario. Isn't Yoshi's game also a spinoff?

If Kamek is to get in Smash, it will be because of sheer support.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I actually think Kamek's chances are much better now. One of the knocks against him has been that he resembles a common enemy, the Magikoopa's, and even in Japan, I think Kamek is just the name for Magikoopa. But with the inclusion of Piranha Plant, it doesn't really matter if he's looked at as a common enemy or not. And I think out of all common enemies, he's by far one of the most unique and significant.
At the same time, there are thousands of Yoshi but only one true Yoshi. Y'know. Same with Kamek.

And there's not many villains left to support. Kamek could be the next Ridley and K. Rool if we supported hard enough. Maybe not DLC but eventually even Smash 6 or the like.

UserKev

Smash Champion
At the same time, there are thousands of Yoshi but only one true Yoshi. Y'know. Same with Kamek.QUOTE]

This argument shouldn't be relevant. Haha They are represented by "Thee" Kamek we want playable. Honestly, you can even say separate Kameks are magic replicas of the original.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
At the same time, there are thousands of Yoshi but only one true Yoshi. Y'know. Same with Kamek.

And there's not many villains left to support. Kamek could be the next Ridley and K. Rool if we supported hard enough. Maybe not DLC but eventually even Smash 6 or the like.
I completely agree! I was just speaking from the perspective of his detractors. I've heard people use this as an argument in the past. And while I never agreed with it, I'm saying even if that's someone's line of thinking, it no longer matters because of Piranha Plant's inclusion. So now, I see no reason why Kamek shouldn't be a playable fighter.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I would like to see Kamek since I enjoy magic users. Sign me up please.

Based on the DLC packs being mentioned, maybe we will get a Bower's Castle stage.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I completely agree! I was just speaking from the perspective of his detractors. I've heard people use this as an argument in the past. And while I never agreed with it, I'm saying even if that's someone's line of thinking, it no longer matters because of Piranha Plant's inclusion. So now, I see no reason why Kamek shouldn't be a playable fighter.
Kamek doesn't have detractors. Hahaha Honestly, I believe they aren't implying that argument to Kamek because even other multiple Kameks are a rare type enemy. He's special, bruh.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
That would be cool!

Kamek has a lot of moves he could pull from the Mario and Luigi franchise too. But I hope most of his moves are from the Yoshi series.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Kamek doesn't have detractors. Hahaha Honestly, I believe they aren't implying that argument to Kamek because even other multiple Kameks are a rare type enemy. He's special, bruh.
I was simply just using that as an example for why I think his chances have improved. Not sure what we're going back and forth about. I've seen people make that argument against him, so there are people who have felt that way.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I was simply just using that as an example for why I think his chances have improved. Not sure what we're going back and forth about. I've seen people make that argument against him, so there are people who have felt that way.
We aren't arguing back and forth. I just really wanna keep this thread active. Haha Its extremely interesting discussing less supported significant characters.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
We aren't arguing back and forth. I just really wanna keep this thread active. Haha Its extremely interesting discussing less supported significant characters.
Haha, no worries! I definitely would like to see this thread more active. Honestly, I'm shocked more people don't want him in. He's such an interesting character to me with such a unique moveset potential. Plus, it would be nice to see someone get labeled as another Yoshi rep.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Why would Poochy be any competition to Kamek? Kamek appeared in more titles.
It's because Poochy is a popular character as well, though honestly... while Sakurai can give move sets to a Piranha Plant and Captain Falcon I can't see Poochy really having any since his design is just a dog with a big tongue, I say though Kamek doesn't really have any competition for a Yoshi rep, if anything Kamek's competition is the characters more discussed about, which is a thing characters like Dr. Eggman struggle with too despite him being the main villain of the Sonic series.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

We still have a few iconic villains left that are not in the roster like Pig Ganon, Skull Kid, Porky, Kamek, Black Shadow, Medusa, Hades, and Wart.

Top Bottom