• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
On the bright side...

Zacian is going to absolutely slay if it's Fairy/Steel.

Eternatus is Dragon/Poison, meaning it's weak to Steel x2 and both weak (Dragon) and strong (Poison) to Fairy. Zacian is part Fairy, so it'll be effective against Dragon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
On the bright side...

Zacian is going to absolutely slay if it's Fairy/Steel.

Eternatus is Dragon/Poison, meaning it's weak to Steel x2 and both weak (Dragon) and strong (Poison) to Fairy. Zacian is part Fairy, so it'll be effective against Dragon.
do you mean resistant to steel x2?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
do you mean resistant to steel x2?
Let me clarify.

Eternatus (Dragon/Poison):

Vs Zacian (Fairy/Steel):
  • Strong against: Fairy (P)
  • Weak against: Fairy (D), Steel (D), Steel (P)
  • Resistant to: Fairy (P)
  • Vulnerable to: Fairy (D)
Vs Zamazenta (Fighter/Steel):
  • Strong against: N/A
  • Weak against: Steel (D), Steel (P)
  • Resistant to: Fighter (P)
  • Vulnerable to: N/A
So yeah, ironically, the dog with the sword is more of a defensive nightmare for Eternatus than the one with the actual shield.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Let me clarify.

Eternatus (Dragon/Poison):

Vs Zacian (Fairy/Steel):
  • Strong against: Fairy (P)
  • Weak against: Fairy (D), Steel (D), Steel (P)
  • Resistant to: Fairy (P)
  • Vulnerable to: Fairy (D)
Vs Zamazenta (Fighter/Steel):
  • Strong against: N/A
  • Weak against: Steel (D), Steel (P)
  • Resistant to: Fighter (P)
  • Vulnerable to: N/A
So yeah, ironically, the dog with the sword is more of a defensive nightmare for Eternatus than the one with the actual shield.
well yeah if you boil it down to just those types theres still a tone of other stuff they resist

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

It's 45 minutes long, so there's a chance we might get some info on things to come.

If that's the case, I'd say this is where speculation officially begins (or Zacian and Zamazenta could be revealed as Pokeball Pokemon and speculation could die before it even starts, but let's not think of that possibility.)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
or Zacian and Zamazenta could be revealed as Pokeball Pokemon and speculation could die before it even starts, but let's not think of that possibility.
I do think you should be concerned about how box legends are always Poke Balls if not hazards or bosses, but we're not getting Poke Ball DLC if we didn't get ATs with these new series.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So from the leaked pokemon, which are your favorites from first impressions.
Personally I'm in love with the pseudo Dragon/Ghost Dragapult & the Electric/Dragon fossil Dracozolt. Yamper's evolution is cute, the sir fox pokemon is cool, rolycoly final form is awesome (even if it's too similar to Aggron & Golem) and the Apple snake dragon is funny.
I really like most of the new pokemon but to have a definitive say I need to play the game first. My only gripes were the starters' final evolutions, aside from Sobble's.

And well...

If they aren't just saying that for the sake of lowering our expectations, just what is it that they'll show in 45 minutes?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Personally I'm in love with the pseudo Dragon/Ghost Dragapult & the Electric/Dragon fossil Dracozolt. Yamper's evolution is cute, the sir fox pokemon is cool, rolycoly final form is awesome (even if it's too similar to Aggron & Golem) and the Apple snake dragon is funny.
I really like most of the new pokemon but to have a definitive say I need to play the game first. My only gripes were the starters' final evolutions, aside from Sobble's.

And well...

If they aren't just saying that for the sake of lowering our expectations, just what is it that they'll show in 45 minutes?
Terry alone will probably have tons more moves to discuss if he uses the same light/heavy system the shotos do in addition to fighter inputs. Then there's the boatload of cameos on his stage, the costumes which will probably have some historical significance to them, music and spirits.

I'm partial the Centiscorch that I'll be calling Wilbur, Dragapult that I will Bazel, Grimmsnarl, Eletox, Hatterene and the new ladybug Pokemon (there's a lot of neat Bug types in Galar).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm partial the Centiscorch that I'll be calling Wilbur, Dragapult that I will Bazel, Grimmsnarl, Eletox, Hatterene and the new ladybug Pokemon (there's a lot of neat Bug types in Galar).
whats the reference with the centiscorch nick name? if there is one

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Aside from Cinderace and Zacian, I believe Dragapult would be a good choice. It would give me a Dragon type and a Ghost type in one mon. Might use Centiskorch in favor of Cinderace if its stats are good. I really want Flapple and a fossil Pokemon on my team because I like their designs, but I feel like that's too many dragons. The ice moth and the fox are also cool, but I might use Obstagoon over the latter. I also want a water type, but I haven't made a decision yet on who that will be.

Deciding on a team will be tough.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So personally
If this is real, I'm definetly making the Rillaboom and Eiscue threads. Some of the best designs I've ever seen. Overall, Gen 4 having the most cuts is quite sad. And as well as that, more Charizard pampering. Overall though, I'm loving these new pokemon. They are some of the best I've seen compared to the other gens. Anyways, as for Terry, maybe there's some other new things they'll be talking about, maybe more other dlc stuff like spirits and maybe new pokemon and assist trophies. We'll just have to wait and see.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So personally
If this is real, I'm definetly making the Rillaboom and Eiscue threads. Some of the best designs I've ever seen. Overall, Gen 4 having the most cuts is quite sad. And as well as that, more Charizard pampering. Overall though, I'm loving these new pokemon. They are some of the best I've seen compared to the other gens. Anyways, as for Terry, maybe there's some other new things they'll be talking about, maybe more other dlc stuff like spirits and maybe new pokemon and assist trophies. We'll just have to wait and see.
You don't need to make a Rillaboom thread when plenty will mindlessly assume it HAS to be it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm not expecting anything relevant to SwSh in tomorrow's presentation, and with the announcement that we won't get any info on new fighters, I doubt we'll even learn about the post-pass characters, let alone Fighter #5. I'm not in any rush though. For now, I'm more concerned about Spirits being added to tie in with SwSh's release.

Also, I forgot to mention this on the previous page, but we made it to 10 pages! Congrats, guys!

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Aside from Cinderace and Zacian, I believe Dragapult would be a good choice. It would give me a Dragon type and a Ghost type in one mon. Might use Centiskorch in favor of Cinderace if its stats are good. I really want Flapple and a fossil Pokemon on my team because I like their designs, but I feel like that's too many dragons. The ice moth and the fox are also cool, but I might use Obstagoon over the latter. I also want a water type, but I haven't made a decision yet on who that will be.

Deciding on a team will be tough.
Honestly i wouldn't mind having that many of the same type given how much i like them.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Some more info on abilities and lore of the wolves:

(Based on Zamazenta dex entry, not certain if it applies to Zacian)

- Zamazenta slept as a statue for many years, until most people forgot it's existence (wow, another Okami-like thing. Also would make a good entrance animation)

- Zamazenta's ability boosts defence upon switching in. Presumably Zacian will be similar with attack.

They switch forms using a held item. Probably can only use signature moves while armoured, but it remains to be seen if there's stat tradeoffs.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Some more info on abilities and lore of the wolves:

(Based on Zamazenta dex entry, not certain if it applies to Zacian)

- Zamazenta slept as a statue for many years, until most people forgot it's existence (wow, another Okami-like thing. Also would make a good entrance animation)

- Zamazenta's ability boosts defence upon switching in. Presumably Zacian will be similar with attack.

They switch forms using a held item. Probably can only use signature moves while armoured, but it remains to be seen if there's stat tradeoffs.
To add on to the lore...

It seems like the statue we saw behind Marnie is indeed connected to the plot with these two. Apparently, the Galarian royal family has been spreading a lie that one of their ancestors was the savior of Galar in a time of desperation. In reality, Zacian and Zamazenta were the real heroes who defended Galar, but everyone forgot they existed, allowing someone else to swoop in and steal the credit for their accomplishments.

I can't 100% confirm this because it's rarely been brought up in leak talk, but it does go together with what you said.

Also, Zacian and Zamazenta transform when you give them the held item Rusty Sword and Rusty Shield.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
To add on to the lore...

It seems like the statue we saw behind Marnie is indeed connected to the plot with these two. Apparently, the Galarian royal family has been spreading a lie that one of their ancestors was the savior of Galar in a time of desperation. In reality, Zacian and Zamazenta were the real heroes who defended Galar, but everyone forgot they existed, allowing someone else to swoop in and steal the credit for their accomplishments.

I can't 100% confirm this because it's rarely been brought up in leak talk, but it does go together with what you said.

Also, Zacian and Zamazenta transform when you give them the held item Rusty Sword and Rusty Shield.
Are Chairman Rose and his assistant connected to this royal family by any chance? Maybe trying to keep up appearances based on that false legend in exchange for BIG financial support?

It's kind of weird, the number of Nintendo games of late incorporating twisted histories in their plots. This, FE: Three Houses and possibly Breath Of The Wild 2.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Is it bundeled with a Sword/ Shield copy?
No. For whatever reason, this came out a week before SwSh.

I probably would've gotten this regardless of whether or not it had Zacian and Zamazenta on it. It's got a really nice gray and white design with a light blue and red color for the buttons (Sword and Shield's color respectively).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
New leaked video featuring Zacian. I know people are probably sick of spoilers by now, so if you don't want to see anything relevant to the story, don't click on the spoilers box below.

It's not much though. Just the beginning of the game confirming what reviewers were already hinting at.

There's a good chance this video gets taken down before anyone even gets the chance to look at it, so here are a few screenshots too.

Screenshot_20191110-224923_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20191110-225012_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20191110-225028_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20191110-225040_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20191110-225107_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20191110-225256_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
New leaked video featuring Zacian. I know people are probably sick of spoilers by now, so if you don't want to see anything relevant to the story, don't click on the spoilers box below.

It's not much though. Just the beginning of the game confirming what reviewers were already hinting at.

There's a good chance this video gets taken down before anyone even gets the chance to look at it, so here are a few screenshots too.

You face the box legendary no less than half an hour in?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You face the box legendary no less than half an hour in?
Well, we technically meet the box legendary very early in the Sun & Moon games as well. Plus Tapu Koko.

Also, hey. Looks like we get to white out for real in this game.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well that's
runeigrigus and mr rhime
shown in a trailer so thats all you need to confirm the leaks are real if you still had any doubts

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Soooo... Yeah... Got some very "interesting" info on Zacian.

This Pokémon has slumbered for many years. Some say it’s Zamazenta’s elder sister—others say the two Pokémon are rivals.

Zacian is supposedly female. The fairy typing and ribbon fur makes so much more sense now.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Soooo... Yeah... Got some very "interesting" info on Zacian.

This Pokémon has slumbered for many years. Some say it’s Zamazenta’s elder sister—others say the two Pokémon are rivals.

Zacian is supposedly female. The fairy typing and ribbon fur makes so much more sense now.
Zacian is technically a literal b***h.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ok, that makes sense, but does that mean
Zamazneta is a male? Is it gonna be a Latios Latias type thing, or will it be implied, like with Solgaleo and Lunala?
I don't know if Zamazenta is male, but the Dex entry for Zacian explicitly refers to it as possibly being "Zamazenta's elder sister". Unless Zamazenta is female as well, I guess they're continuing the trend of designing one box art Legendary to be male and the other female, only this time it's officially stated.

I'm okay with this news, but it did surprise me, as I'm sure it surprised many others. I think I like Zacian's base form a whole lot more now that I know it's female.

Also, regarding how powerful Zacian and Zamazenta are...

Broken as heck. Both are stronger than Eternatus (assuming its boss form can't be used in battles, and they're tied with Arceus with a BST of 720.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't know if Zamazenta is male, but the Dex entry for Zacian explicitly refers to it as possibly being "Zamazenta's elder sister". Unless Zamazenta is female as well, I guess they're continuing the trend of designing one box art Legendary to be male and the other female, only this time it's officially stated.

I'm okay with this news, but it did surprise me, as I'm sure it surprised many others. I think I like Zacian's base form a whole lot more now that I know it's female.

Also, regarding how powerful Zacian and Zamazenta are...

Broken as heck. Both are stronger than Eternatus (assuming its boss form can't be used in battles, and they're tied with Arceus with a BST of 720.
Sure, they sound really strong on paper, and they are simply due to being legendaries, but their peak BST hinges on their held item, limiting flexibility, and it also forcibly replaces one of their Steel moves with their signature, which could arguably be less useful in fights with no dynamaxing. There are trade-offs to their power, and not necessarily inconsequential ones like most Mega Evolutions.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll have to change the first post. Apparently, this is their battle theme.

(Edit: Seems like this isn't it either. Might have to wait a little longer before we find out.)

Sure, they sound really strong on paper, and they are simply due to being legendaries, but their peak BST hinges on their held item, limiting flexibility, and it also forcibly replaces one of their Steel moves with their signature, which could arguably be less useful in fights with no dynamaxing. There are trade-offs to their power, and not necessarily inconsequential ones like most Mega Evolutions.
They're not perfect, but I still think their pros outweigh their cons. The held item does put some restrictions on them, but their stats are already impressive as is, so I don't consider it that much different from Megas.

Regarding the held item forcibly replacing one of their steel moves, you could argue it being both good and bad. Good because they'll almost always have an advantage in Dynamax battles, but bad because you have less control over what moves they can use.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'll have to change the first post. Apparently, this is their battle theme.

(Edit: Seems like this isn't it either. Might have to wait a little longer before we find out.)

They're not perfect, but I still think their pros outweigh their cons. The held item does put some restrictions on them, but their stats are already impressive as is, so I don't consider it that much different from Megas.

Regarding the held item forcibly replacing one of their steel moves, you could argue it being both good and bad. Good because they'll almost always have an advantage in Dynamax battles, but bad because you have less control over what moves they can use.
That theme sounds to cheerful for Eternatus

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That theme sounds to cheerful for Eternatus
It's the raid theme.

This is what you're looking for.

And while I'm at it, here's Zacian and Zamazenta's REAL theme. Has a very heroic feel to it.

So far, I've counted five tracks for Zacian and Zamazenta. Can't remember the last time a pair of Legendaries got so much music.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's a day late, but I thought I'd share this art someone made to count down the days till SwSh releases.

1573594937.aonik_shsw_countdown_final.png

that defiantly counts as a spoiler
I guess, but I don't think many people care as long as the music itself is hidden. For your sake though, I'll put it behind spoilers.

Though you'll have to change your post as well. Even if I edit it, your post will still have it visible.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Given that there's a few days left before release, what are your overall thoughts on Sword & Shield with everything we know outside of leaks? The good, the bad; the pokedex & graphics/animations controversies & the communication between Gamefreak & the fans.

These are easily the most controversial games to date and there all kinds of people: people who are outraged, people who aren't bothered, others who go out of their way to defend GF (sometimes blindly), others going to harrass the developers and people speaking positively about SwSh; and others who feel the need to boycott the games as a whole.

Can't say I fully agree with either GF or the community: they both have things that are right and others that are wrong/iffy. While i don't agree with some choices GF has made with these games (Masuda's statement in July was not needed as it made people even more angry and he didn't say anything), i also can't agree to bindly acussing them as lazy, greedy, etc. when there's no info. backing it up (though I have heard & seen that they struggle to program assets, models & other things efficiently).
I know the series can be better (holding the series to a low standard doesn't help either), but i've personally have not had any significant issues with the series. And i'm very much looking foward to playing Sword.

Top Bottom