• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Knight in Flimsy Armor: Sir Arthur for DLC!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534

So I spent most of the day yesterday (Halloween and all) replaying my favorite game of all time: Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts. While doing so, I realized how sorely missing Arthur was from the Smash roster. So, here's a thread about him.

To go on a tangent and spark some possible discussion: when Smash Run was announced I found myself hoping against hope that the Ghosts 'n' Goblins would get some enemy representation. Red Arremers in particular would have been perfect for the mode. If Arthur were announced for DLC, what if he came with some new enemies that could appear in Smash Run?

Supporters:
@ Lilfut Lilfut
@Lizardon

Last edited:

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
capcom is selling IPs (IDK if true),if nintendo buy Ghosts 'n' Goblins,maybe can hapen.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would prefer Amaterasu (Okami) or Phoenix Wright as a second Cacpcom rep, but Arthur would be cool as well.

I never beat the first level of Ghost 'n' Goblins ;_;

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
One thing I'm rather curious about - one of the most famous things about the GnG franchise is Arthur's underwear. How would that best be represented in Smash? Should they just be an alternate costume? Should they work like in MvC, with a special move that lets Arthur upgrade his armor, and therefore his moves, but has him stripped to his boxers after taking some damage? Should he just straight-up be stripped to his boxers if he takes a lot of damage, with his armor regenerating after a little while?

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Just added @Lizardon to the supporters list at his request. I'm gonna draft up a moveset in a bit.

As a side note - anyone have any idea how to make those support sig things?

Last edited:

MemoriesOfAChocobo

Smash Rookie
It would be great to have Arthur, however firstly I doubt Capcom will have more than one rep. But even more so, if they were to have a second Capcom rep, it would be someone like Ryu or Resident Evil protagonist. As they're more relevant.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I support this! Ghosts n Goblins was one of the first games I ever played and is truly a great, if difficult, game and Arthur would fit in very well with the Nintendo all-stars. I don't give a damn that Capcom already has one representative in Smash.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Hey, if underground mumblings turn out to be true, Nintendo might end up buying Capcom anyway.

If that happens, Smash 5 is gonna be awesome. Ryu, Chris Redfield, Arthur, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, maybe even Spencer... Personally, I just want them to put in the music from Commando for Commodore 64, since they technically own the rights to it (it showed up in Bionic Commando ReArmed).

Top Bottom