• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Knee (and potentially a Sacred Combo)

What is your fighting style?

• all rushdown

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • play passively

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bait and punish

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • tanks and the bulkiest of bulk

• projectile

• hit and run

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • spam spam and more spam

• play flashy

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • disrespect your opponents

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • epic mindgames and reading foes like a book

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

ComicBryce98

Smash Rookie
(I only have the 3DS version, because my family has no intentions of buying a Wii U at all)
does anyone know any true knee setups? Because I suck and I seriously can't pull any of the ones I've seen off, and I've had the game for over a year.

How to make it rain:
:GCA::GCCD::GCCU::GCA::GCCD::GCCU:

My Sm4sh Mains::4falcon::4ness::4pikachu::4tlink::4peach::4zss::4cloud::4fox::4marth::4sheik:
Potato Sm4sh mains::4bayonetta::4feroy::4tlink::4pacman::4duckhunt:
Kabbage Sm4sh mains:
:4mewtwo::4yoshi::4kirby::4corrin::4tlink::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4villager::4jigglypuff:

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
There are knee combos all over youtube. Its all about precision

ComicBryce98

Smash Rookie
but how many of them are on the old 3DS? because if I have a C-stick, I'll be landing every Knee I throw out, no joke, but on the 3DS, whenever I do land a knee, it's incredibly rare and 90% of the time it's the weak knee. And most of these combos are done with the C-stick for aerials. But I guess I'll keep looking harder if it helps.

How to make it rain:
:GCA::GCCD::GCCU::GCA::GCCD::GCCU:

My Sm4sh Mains::4falcon::4ness::4pikachu::4tlink::4peach::4zss::4cloud::4fox::4marth::4sheik:
Potato Sm4sh mains::4bayonetta::4feroy::4tlink::4pacman::4duckhunt:
Kabbage Sm4sh mains:
:4mewtwo::4yoshi::4kirby::4corrin::4tlink::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4villager::4jigglypuff:

-*-Grumbolaya-*-

Smash Rookie
NNID
attillatubby
If you drop from platforms on battlefield and immediately use forward air the chances of it hitting are pretty good. Same for the way up to those platforms.

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Youtube will be your biggest help. If you need to, I think you can buy this weird attachable C stick thing for your 3ds

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
You shouldn't have a problem with D-Air to knee on 3ds. It's true within a relatively large boundary on most characters. If you wanna be real flashy (37% of people who took your poll play this way ;)) try D-Air to D-Air to Knee!

You're correct, though. Most knee combos range from very difficult to impossible without a C-stick

Last edited:
Top Bottom