• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby Cheat

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
After a long while of procrastinating and being otherwise lazy, I have pooled my efforts into this video. It's a Kirby combo video, and by saying that I mean that the video is about Kirby, not myself. I did not make this video to show off what I can do, but rather what Kirby is capable of. That said, enjoy.

The Kirby Cheat

Meteor Mario

Smash Cadet
This is a great Kirby vid, I knew he could be effective I just never saw anything like this in action. (except for a vid with Ken VS Isai) It would've been better against humans though.

Blind

Honorbound
Pretty nice. Gave me some ideas of my own... I didn't know that you could pull out an aerial out of uthrow, which will be neatly beneficial. And that's a very nice forward+b from the edge.

I don't like the cpu stuff that much, but it's nevertheless creative stuff. I'll be employing some of it ^_^

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Meteor Mario said:
This is a great Kirby vid, I knew he could be effective I just never saw anything like this in action. (except for a vid with Ken VS Isai) It would've been better against humans though.
80% of the clips are against human opponents, in actual un-staged matches. The CPU combo stuff was more just filler to show off some of the more creative combos.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I used Ulead Videostudio 9 for this production. I started with Pinnacle Studio 9, but it crapped out on me for some reason, so I had to switch mid-project.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Very nice Omni, your Kirby is crazy man! Show off what that puffball can do! I didn't get to hear the music, people were "studying" so I can't comment on that. I loved the edge hops, very creative and a sick combo killer against fast fallers, I remember that ultimate combo thingy posted in the Kirby room before. Poor Kozz, got beat on by Kirby through a lot of that video :(
Omni's too crazy, nice job with visuals too, I LOVED to beginning btw.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Omni your my hero. Downloading it now!

Now that i've watched it:
Wow, my kirby love and skill was goin down the tubes with the recent increase of my bowser skill and the addition of falco to my arsenal... but I'VE BEEN INSPIRED to make him my ABSOLUTE BEST once more!

Very nice work onmi, well worth the wait.

Btw, thanks for putting up with all my question on aim, your the most helpful smasher i've met to date!

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great combo vid. I'd never thought Up-B or Side-B could be of so much use. :) And dair for edgeguarding....pretty awesome.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Allright, dude this rocks!
I have many compliments, so if I forget the self-obvius Id like to highlight:

The combo against Falco in Peachs castle is O_o excellent!
double aerial hammer was interesting too.
and there was so much more.
Also every edgeguard that required you to use many jumps looks very Pro, especially an edgeguard against Jiggs!!! YEAH!

and one thing I liked was that Legends never Die thing... could be kinda good opening for a possible Ness combo vid :)

btw. to above post: Kirbys dair rocks. I kinda sometimes use it (though I rarely play kirby) like with Ness: Fulljump and fastfall except with kirby you ened to L-cancel

Neophos

Smash Ace
KIRBY CHEAT???

You should not use GameFAQs fads for names on vids =P

And I didn't even se the Kirby cheat! For shame.

Too many CPU clips. But the combos ruled ^_^

And requesting more combos with character specific abilites.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gimpyfish62 said:
you... you didn't think of dair for edgeguarding?

how can that be?!
I was more pointing out the fact that HOW he edgeguards with dair; it's awesome. And second, I don't play Kirby.

King Kirby 90

Smash Apprentice
Nice job Omni. You have shown that the Final Cutter has more uses than recovery. I also have to improve my aerial hammer but I'm able to exercise the rest faster than you :p . Maybe you should have put more combos beginning with an aerial from the edge but this is my opinion.
Omnigamer the aerial hammer master. :laugh:

Liku

Smash Journeyman
Great combos, though most weren't in an actual match, they were sure as hell entertaining.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
great vid.
very nice combos, and edited well.
too bad there are so much cpu stuff ;p

Echo

Smash Champion
Wow.

First off, i gotta say this is by far the best soundtrack for a video from this forum, especially the first. And the opening scene from Kirby Super Stars... wow.... i dont know what to say, its just so good....

But anyway, about the actual smash part of the video, you have a very very talented kirby, i've never seen anyone do half that **** when they try to pick him up.

Very impressive vid! ^^

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Liku said:
Great combos, though most weren't in an actual match, they were sure as hell entertaining.
Vall3y said:
great vid.
very nice combos, and edited well.
too bad there are so much cpu stuff ;p
Neophos said:
Too many CPU clips. But the combos ruled ^_^
Ugh. Let my just say this once more:

About 75% of the clips I used were recorded from actual matches. No staging was involved with any of these matches. This means that only a quarter of the footage is actually done to CPU opponents.

The reason people may think that there are a lot of CPU combos is because there's many more towards the beginning as opposed to towards the end.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Or maybe because the "humans" just looked like they were waiting for you to combo them by standing there doing nothing~~ But that's just my impression.

Anywayz, awesome vid! xD I'd like to play kirby aswell if only I didn't feel as uncomfortable when using the pink jelly T_T'

How much time did it take you to make this vid?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Meh. Think what you want.

For recording footage, I used 3 1-hour tapes for actual matches and about 50 mins on another tape to just record myself against a CPU for a bit. Then I had to go through the entirety of the tapes in real-time to pick out the worthy clips. From there, editing and fixing and trimming took about 6-8 hours total with around 80 different clips to sort through. This doesn't include the amount of time I spent storyboarding things.

Also, not all of the clips made it into the final vid. There were 10-15 clips that I removed so that a third music track wouldn't have to be added.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
EDIT2: 75%? it looked a lot like 50% to me. Every bowser seemed to be a CPU lol

Omni Edit: Oh snap. I accidentally edited the wrong post. You can change it back if you remember what you wrote, sorry about that ^_^;

Zodiac

Smash Master
I must say

I must say Omnigamer, That video showed off Kirbys moves with great success, The most impressive factor was the speed at which the combos were pulled off! I'll be taking my Kirby opponents more seriously now!(Not that I didnt take them seriously before, but now.)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
EDIT2: 75%? it looked a lot like 50% to me. Every bowser seemed to be a CPU lol
It is indeed 75% or somewhere thereabouts... it's just that the CPU combos are generally longer, so I guess they might be a bit more memorable. And Bowser appeared quite often because he was my main source of training for when I started playing Kirby... so naturally I have a number of the most impressive combos against him.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
good vid omni, I just got your kirby vs gaia and vs pyro vids a couple weeks ago and BAM already another kirby vid it was like you read my mind.
too bad i lost my uber connection...
you sure do like your credits.

Peaches

Smash Lord
That was hot. Although I will agree that some of the opponents looked like CPU. But hey, once you hit the K Rool remix it got sexy. Never thought that upthrow was actaully useful O.o

Nice.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
It is a really good combo video for Kirby. There are a few things I noticed that could have botched the cooler segments(like your human opponents not even trying to recover at certain moments, like fighting Kozy's blue Peach in Pokemon Stadium). Otherwise, though, I'm very impressed with the entire thing, even the fun little segments on the computer.

Kozzymoto

Smash Apprentice
um i never played a blue peach besides i wasnt the onlyperson playing omni in the video and all of those combos were in real matches

ShadowKingX9

Smash Rookie
Nice Vid Omni. I like Kirby as a character and thought i was good till i saw this. Good combos.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
MikeyLenatia said:
It is a really good combo video for Kirby. There are a few things I noticed that could have botched the cooler segments(like your human opponents not even trying to recover at certain moments, like fighting Kozy's blue Peach in Pokemon Stadium). Otherwise, though, I'm very impressed with the entire thing, even the fun little segments on the computer.
The blue Peach was actually Pyro. It's not that he didn't try to recover, it's that he wanted to get a hit on me before I could finish things. IIRC, there are two clips... in one of them, he tries for a fair, but my uair comes out quicker. The second he starts going for a lower recovery, as he knows Kirby can't do a whole lot through the parasol, but I saw it coming and got an uair off first.

To the best of my knowledge, everybody tried to recover/DI the best they could (minus the one clip of Kozzy just sitting there getting utilted... dunno what he was thinking there. But it's what happened after the utilts that was important).

psykoweezl

Smash Journeyman
omg, i really want to see this but i'm guessing u hav to be a premiuim member to see it...that's y i don't like rapid share...

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
You don't need premium to get it. Scroll down on the page. See that little part where it says "Free"? Yeah, click that. Then scroll down again, and a direct link to the video should pop up in a few seconds.

Top Bottom