• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Someone else pointed that out too, I put her as an alternate after asking my friend, a huge fan of the Fate series, if Nero would fit as an alternate for Arturia..and he said 'yeah'. Honestly, the one he was iffy on was Saber Alter as an alternate since she's usually OP (but holy crap did I want her..she's so awesome!)
As for body types, Smash alters those a lot any way, I mean, look at Robin, Lucina, Corrin, and Byleth. Female Robin/Corrin/Byleth are a lot shorter than their male counterparts in their games while in Awakening Lucina looks shorter than she does in Super Smash Bros, likely due to originally being an alternate costume for Marth. Both of these changes carried over into Fire Emblem Warriors too, funnily enough. Its also not uncommon Smash characters to not match how they act in their base games, just look at the Koopalings using the Clown Car & Shadow Mario, Ganondorf's moveset, Dark Samus' moveset, Simon using moves originally from Richter, and then Ness & Lucas using moves originating from their party members. I could have included Byleth using the Hero's Relics from the other House Leaders..but they can use Axes, Lances, and Bows..so it still fits.
However, if it is a sticking point, just having Nero's colouration given to Saber as her 2nd alternate (or 3rd if Saber Alter becomes the basis for half of the alts) could also work. I don't really think Fate/EXTRA would get a rep or that Fate would even get another rep in general though, so I hadn't considered Nero for another spot (either as Original or Echo Fighter)..not to mention her name would likely still be 'Saber' making for two Fate reps named Saber since I don't think they'd call her Nero or Red Saber, as such, I thought an alternate costume was a good enough option.

Dracula isn't really representing anyone, he just felt like he'd fit with Saber's route for a few reasons.
- He, like Saber, is a character from History/Legend and I could see Dracula becoming a Servant Class of some sort.
- His general aesthetic fits with Fate/stay night in my opinion.
- I didn't want to use Master Hand/Crazy Hand and he seemed the best fit over the other bosses.
Ike was actually supposed to reference Gilgamesh..I originally wanted to use him for Lancer due to the hair similarity, but I also wanted to include Gilgamesh in some fashion and Ike seemed the best fit for me with his yellow alt. I suppose I could also have used one of the Links for that role. You got all of the other ones right though.

I had actually planned on having male Saber/Arthur as an alternate but when I was making the template..I forgot..and I was too far along when I ended up remembering him..so yeah, that's just a thing that happened..

You'll have to forgive me any ignorance I have towards Fate though, I've literally only seen 2 movies (first two Heaven's Feel movies), 9 episodes of Fate/stay night, and a few minutes of playing Fate/Grand Order..so I'm far from an expert on this. Everything I included in Saber's Smash Template came from me scouring the net on various Wikis and YouTube, especially the latter for the music from the various games, since I wanted to keep it all music from the various games and not anime in order to stick to Smash's Video Games Only thing going on.
I know with the height and censoring of design and move-stealing (still hoping Ganon gets the de-cloneification like he deserves), but I'm talking about here is the chest mostly and the fact due to her being an historical figure itself it just doesn't match up why someone with no relation to excalibur and sword beams would suddenly be able to pull of Excalibur when she has her own NP, Laus Saint Claudius which is an Reality Marble. Also I mean no offense to your friend here when they say Salter wouldn't match with Artoria cause "too OP" and Nero would... when Salter legit is Artoria just Altered... and fits her to a perfection. Only reason she gets to spam her NP in Heavens Feel is cause of the direct connection to the grail thanks to becoming an Angra-snack. But besides maybe an dash attack (coming from someone who has played Extra, Extella and Link) they really don't got much in common. An Nero inspired color skin though and feeding her costume slots to Salter and making it in a way Artoria and Artoria Alter get equal representation in the costume department would be fine though, I guess basing them off of other Sabers in general would be able to represent Fate/ as a whole enough.

Although some of these have major differences in the looks department, other Sabers that'd probably be able to fit Artoria's style better would be: Mordred, Arthur, Altera, Siegfried, and (kinda) Sigurd. Though as someone else said, I'd rather just give Artoria the full spotlight instead of having to share it with another Saber-Face, especially if we're focusing on Stay Night here and not Fate/ as a whole. I did say potential though when it comes to a second Fate/ rep, probably unlikely but its still possible, the other option from Nero though would probably be Mashu from FGO if they didn't promote another servant from Stay Night to playable status, like... EMIYA or Gilgamesh.

Fair, he actually is a servant himself... as a NP for Vlad who appears in Apocrypha (and also EXTRA but they got different designs). But yeah, Link might've been able to do Gil better than Ike cause he is at least someone who shoots something. Understandable though, its a big series not even I have personally touched all of it, just a good chunk of it.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I know with the height and censoring of design and move-stealing (still hoping Ganon gets the de-cloneification like he deserves), but I'm talking about here is the chest mostly and the fact due to her being an historical figure itself it just doesn't match up why someone with no relation to excalibur and sword beams would suddenly be able to pull of Excalibur when she has her own NP, Laus Saint Claudius which is an Reality Marble. Also I mean no offense to your friend here when they say Salter wouldn't match with Artoria cause "too OP" and Nero would... when Salter legit is Artoria just Altered... and fits her to a perfection. Only reason she gets to spam her NP in Heavens Feel is cause of the direct connection to the grail thanks to becoming an Angra-snack. But besides maybe an dash attack (coming from someone who has played Extra, Extella and Link) they really don't got much in common. An Nero inspired color skin though and feeding her costume slots to Salter and making it in a way Artoria and Artoria Alter get equal representation in the costume department would be fine though, I guess basing them off of other Sabers in general would be able to represent Fate/ as a whole enough.

Although some of these have major differences in the looks department, other Sabers that'd probably be able to fit Artoria's style better would be: Mordred, Arthur, Altera, Siegfried, and (kinda) Sigurd. Though as someone else said, I'd rather just give Artoria the full spotlight instead of having to share it with another Saber-Face, especially if we're focusing on Stay Night here and not Fate/ as a whole. I did say potential though when it comes to a second Fate/ rep, probably unlikely but its still possible, the other option from Nero though would probably be Mashu from FGO if they didn't promote another servant from Stay Night to playable status, like... EMIYA or Gilgamesh.

Fair, he actually is a servant himself... as a NP for Vlad who appears in Apocrypha (and also EXTRA but they got different designs). But yeah, Link might've been able to do Gil better than Ike cause he is at least someone who shoots something. Understandable though, its a big series not even I have personally touched all of it, just a good chunk of it.
Well, in regards to her physical differences and no relation to Excalibur as well as being a Historical Figure rather than a Legendary Figure, it doesn't much matter since Nero would be treated as her own character rather than just Arturia playing dress up and would still wield her own weapon and have her own voice quotes, physical differences aren't an issue when you consider how we have straight up male & female alts for various characters. Any regards to how she fights differently, yeah, I wouldn't know that..though I am borrowing Fate/Extella these weekend and I know both Nero & Arturia are in that game, so I'll be able to better see any differences between them soon enough.

However, another option would be mixing Arturia's & Nero's abilities together similarly to how Simon & Richter both do moves that only one or the other did in their original games or how Mega Man uses some of the Robot Master abilities how the Robot Master they came from did rather than how he did in the games. It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for Sakurai to chose to do that.

I'm an odd one, I'll admit. I like having more characters overall, even if one has to be an alternate costume..like before Lucina was added to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U, I was begging for Lucina to be made a costume swap for Marth since I didn't see her getting in on her own and just wanted to play as her, even if relegated to just a costume and lacking some moves she did in her original title.

Yeah, I suppose Pit could also have worked..but I didn't wanna double down too much by having two characters with similar movesets. Yeah though, Link may have been a better choice..though I don't think he has a good yellow costume to use (unless I use Young Link), which may be what I saw in Ike..I also based this mostly off of what I saw of them in the anime or movies thus far and mostly off of their artwork and who looked like who.

D

Deleted member

I simply do not vibe with a Nero costume, she works way too differently and a middleground between the two characters is impossible. The whole point is that they're two completely different people despite looking similar, anf the same goes for the other Saberfaces like Mordred and Jeanne.
The only Saberfaces that work as costumes are Arturia herself so Saber Alter, MHX and the summer version

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Nero is what the Fate franchise calls a "Saberface", she looks like Artoria Saber because Nasu thought having a character that looks like someone we know but behaves almost completely differently would be funny. Beyond a similar face and using a sword, they are drastically different people. Combining Artoria and Nero into a single character like Simon and Richter would be more like blending Simon and Alucard into a single character.

Or, to put it another way, If Saber is Ryu, and Alter is Ken/Akuma, then Nero would be Guile, if Guile also happened to look like Ryu. (Despite being the same person, Saber lily would be Sakura.)

Edit: I think Despite my assertion earlier that Lily is equivalent to Sakura that she'd also make a good Alt for Saber as that was her creative origin, as an alt skin for Saber in Fate/Unlimited Codes.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

This is the source. Well I definitely want to see Saber Alter be a skin.
Same here..Saber Alter is so awesome.
Even if I kinda still want Nero as an alternate too, despite differences, if only because she's my favorite..though I guess they'd have to alter her design a little too much..so perhaps just a red Artoria would be fine..

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Saber Alter would be so easy to make work, she only really needed some different dialogue (like Female Avatars or the secondary heroes) and changing the color of the effects (like it already happens with Bayonetta), actually pretty simple to realize.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just realized Saber Alter would technically be our second whip-sword user, despite the fact she'd just be an alt costume and couldn't use the whip sword.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Saber alter doesn't use a whip sword. Altera, the servant persona of Atilla the Hun uses a sort of whip sword, but Saber Alter ((AKA Artoria during her Goth phase)) just uses Excalibur, though she coats it in a field of mana to make the swings hurt more for some of her attacks.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Would Nero in her default red dress even make it pass the ratings?

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Can I be counted as a supporter even if I'm really pulling for Saber Alter? :p
salter.png

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Would Nero in her default red dress even make it pass the ratings?
Seeming as the actual problem with Mai was the possibility of seeing her panties and not her breast size... like a lot of people mistake, Nero's see-through dress would need its center to be made to be pure non-see through white,

Of course though this is all fixable/ignorable with a T rating, something I wouldn't mind one bit seeming as Brawl was the best selling in the series prior to Ultimate so there really isn't a problem with it business wise. That or CERO sucks their **** in and goes with the fact it ain't a big deal to see an article of clothing like Sakurai thinks it wouldn't be an issue either.

While not the problem similar thoughts can be applied with chest sizes... a girl can't help their size of the chest and that's essentially almost telling kids they're not allowed to look at those women in public at all even though they exist.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Seeming as the actual problem with Mai was the possibility of seeing her panties and not her breast size... like a lot of people mistake, Nero's see-through dress would need its center to be made to be pure non-see through white,

Of course though this is all fixable/ignorable with a T rating, something I wouldn't mind one bit seeming as Brawl was the best selling in the series prior to Ultimate so there really isn't a problem with it business wise. That or CERO sucks their **** in and goes with the fact it ain't a big deal to see an article of clothing like Sakurai thinks it wouldn't be an issue either.

While not the problem similar thoughts can be applied with chest sizes... a girl can't help their size of the chest and that's essentially almost telling kids they're not allowed to look at those women in public at all even though they exist.
I think another way of fixing this issue is putting Nero in tights, similarly to how they censored female Corrin by making her exposed panty-like leotards into black tights. This way she keeps her trademark translucent skirt while being safe for CERO, ESRB, & PEGI.
However, a couple more edits would need to be done as well, such as raising her skirt in the back to cover her butt crack and showing less or no cleavage (her breast size is fine).

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Forgive me for the double post, but since its been at least a week since my last post, I thought I'd do a new post to show, well, a new post..anyway..

I've listened to some of the criticisms I got for the last Saber Template I made and just spent the last few hours making a new one with just Saber (Artoria) & Saber Alter as the default and alternate costumes with some new colour references in place of old costumes. I've also changed the Gilgamesh reference battle from Ike to Shulk since I figured Shulk's Monado Arts could be a suitable substitute for Gilgamesh changing out his swords since, well, no one in the roster changes out swords like that (aside from Byleth swapping between Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow..but they haven't used other DLC characters in any Arcade or Spirit Battles for DLC characters).
SmashTemplateSaber2.png
(Click for Full View)
The costume references are now..
1) Saber (Artoria Pendragon)
2) Saber Alter (Artoria Pendragon)
3) Saber (Nero Claudius) Reference [Saber]
4) Saber Alter Casual Clothes Reference [Alter]
5) Saber Lily Reference [Saber]
6) Saber (Mordred) Reference [Alter]
7) Saber Lion Reference [Saber]
8) Mysterious Heroine X Alter Reference [Alter]
I also did a fusion of the Stage 1 and 2 artwork of Saber from Fate/Grand Order into accurately represent how I felt Saber would appear in Smash since the 'Wind Sword' would be the most visually interesting and could work even with Saber Alter having a visible blade since the movements and hit box wouldn't change really.

I also changed out the song selection some to add in some new songs I'd heard and liked and changed the Victory Theme from an abrigded EMIYA to a more Saber centric abridged 'Sword of Promised Victory', specifically part of this portion since it sounds good for a Smash victory theme.

This was a much more researched one this time since now I've finished Fate/stay night anime, Unlimited Blade Words movie, first two Heaven's Feel movies, played Fate/EXTRA, Fate/EXTELLA, Fate/Grand Order, and even begun playing the PC version of Fate/stay night Réalta Nua.

Hope you all like it.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Would you implement Command Seals on Saber's moveset? If so, then how?
Probably not, if only because its not an element in all of Saber's appearances (such as the Fate/Extella series and it honestly doesn't work from a moveset perspective anyway considering how they are primarily meant to either Summon a Servant to you or to force them to do something they don't want to do, so I don't think they'd work.
The only way I think a Command Seal would be incorporated is as the Fate Series Emblem.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Probably not, if only because its not an element in all of Saber's appearances (such as the Fate/Extella series and it honestly doesn't work from a moveset perspective anyway considering how they are primarily meant to either Summon a Servant to you or to force them to do something they don't want to do, so I don't think they'd work.
The only way I think a Command Seal would be incorporated is as the Fate Series Emblem.
Not exactly, Command Seals still are in Extella and Link and are usable to boost your playable servant. Only case you can't actually use them I believe is in Extra and CCC but they exist for story reasons. Otherwise, command seals are actually able to be used to buff your servants as seen when being used in FGO and Extella and Extella Link when they're being prompted alongside code casts. Though of course the presence of a master is necessary, so Shirou and in Salter's case, Dark Sakura, would make the most sense there, just hanging out in the background. I believe in some works that are light novels/anime/manga use them in that way as well, otherwise the methods you describe are essentially the ways they're mostly used. To signify you can summon a servant and force a command upon them.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Not exactly, Command Seals still are in Extella and Link and are usable to boost your playable servant. Only case you can't actually use them I believe is in Extra and CCC but they exist for story reasons. Otherwise, command seals are actually able to be used to buff your servants as seen when being used in FGO and Extella and Extella Link when they're being prompted alongside code casts. Though of course the presence of a master is necessary, so Shirou and in Salter's case, Dark Sakura, would make the most sense there, just hanging out in the background. I believe in some works that are light novels/anime/manga use them in that way as well, otherwise the methods you describe are essentially the ways they're mostly used. To signify you can summon a servant and force a command upon them.
Ah, I never honestly used them in Fate/Extella and am only just getting into Grand Order myself..so I forgot about that.
I do think it'd be interesting to have the Masters in the Background like that..so having Shirou and Dark Sakura (especially Dark Sakura) would be really cool.
That said, in regards to their original function in Fate/stay night, I don't think they'd work well in a moveset..though as used in Extella & Grand Order, I don't know quite how to incorporate that since they can only be used three times..so either we'd have to have it akin to Banjo-Kazooie's side special and have them given a limit of three per life or something like that since they can only be used three times (at least in stay night).

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
That said, in regards to their original function in Fate/stay night, I don't think they'd work well in a moveset..though as used in Extella & Grand Order, I don't know quite how to incorporate that since they can only be used three times..
I was thinking of something like this:
Saber has 3 command seals to use, they work like Hero's command spell menu. but Saber has less options and they don't appear at random:
Either she can:
  1. Use one command spell to heal Saber (either full health restore or as much as a Heart piece)
  2. Use one command spell to make her attacks hit really hard (maybe a x1.2 knockback multiplier on all her moves that lasts until she's KO'd or a x2.0 multiplier to one of her smash attacks, once she uses the smash attack, the effect dissapears).
  3. Use one command spell to teleport Saber into the mid of the stage no matter where she is (kinda like Hero's Zoom)
  4. Now this is the interesting one for me at least, there's an option to use all the seals at once, now i was thinking either doing that would grant Saber the heal AND the strenght buff OR even more crazy stuff like letting her use a Final Smash no matter if they're disabled.
Now, these Command Seals dont restore if Saber gets KO'd, once you use all 3 of them they're gone for good, this means Saber players should really think about using the commands during a fight.
Obviously we could add better ideas than the ones I listed if we wanna make the command seals worth saving.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
The easiest way to look at Command Seals is that the Master may invoke them to make their Servant do things they won't or CAN'T do otherwise, within limits. These limits are flexible, but the general rule of thumb is that the use of a command seal is more effective the shorter the intended duration of it's use. The Masters in Stay Night typically just avoid using them to buff their servants because they explicitly only have three, no backsies (There seems to be a loophole where you can get a new set of seals by contracting with a new servant, but I can't remember the particulars about this). Most of the masters don't trust their servants that much and feel the need to keep the leash available, as it were, while for Shirou, since he's not going about the war in a way that is at all practical, it's generally better to keep them to let him summon Saber when he's half a city away. They CAN buff their servants, it's just not pragmatic for them to do so.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I was thinking of something like this:
Saber has 3 command seals to use, they work like Hero's command spell menu. but Saber has less options and they don't appear at random:
Either she can:
  1. Use one command spell to heal Saber (either full health restore or as much as a Heart piece)
  2. Use one command spell to make her attacks hit really hard (maybe a x1.2 knockback multiplier on all her moves that lasts until she's KO'd or a x2.0 multiplier to one of her smash attacks, once she uses the smash attack, the effect dissapears).
  3. Use one command spell to teleport Saber into the mid of the stage no matter where she is (kinda like Hero's Zoom)
  4. Now this is the interesting one for me at least, there's an option to use all the seals at once, now i was thinking either doing that would grant Saber the heal AND the strenght buff OR even more crazy stuff like letting her use a Final Smash no matter if they're disabled.
Now, these Command Seals dont restore if Saber gets KO'd, once you use all 3 of them they're gone for good, this means Saber players should really think about using the commands during a fight.
Obviously we could add better ideas than the ones I listed if we wanna make the command seals worth saving.
I don't think it would be a good idea to label it like that for a whole match since full matches can be either really short, giving Saber an advantage, or really long, putting her at a disadvantage, which is why they should either be three uses per stock or have a cool down timer of some sort once they're all used.

D

Deleted member

Command Seals are present in every Fate media because they're what binds a Master-Servant contract, without them, a Servant can't manifest normally. I've implemented them in my moveset, and they were a simple power boost/heal/teleport but I think it's fun to think of other ways to implement them, such as the insta-FS idea(which wouldn't really be broken even in a no items scenario and is actually a pretty fun idea if it really just consumed all your Command Seals)

Natlo

Smash Cadet
So I looked up the part of Stay Night where Archer explains Command Seals to Rin.
Important parts:

"It doesn't merely stop their actions, it strengthens their actions as well.
For example, I can't instantly teleport to somewhere far away. But if you command me to 'go' using your Command Spell, then assuming we have enough magical energy, such things become possible.
This is what is meant by unconditional obedience. It is the three crystallizations of a great magic that allows a Servant to surpass limits on their ability even they can't control."

"For broad and long-lasting orders like 'protect me through this' or 'win this battle', the power of the Command Spell weakens. The force will last a long time, but since the associated pain is weak, some Servants will be able to disobey.
In contrast, a single, simple order like 'deliver the next blow with all your power', or 'don't break that glass' is absolute, and even the most powerful Servants will find it hard to disobey."

So It can be used as a buff, but the shorter the duration and more specific the buff, the more effective it is.

In Smash terms, using it to make Saber broadly more powerful would make her attacks do a few more percentage and launch a bit further. Using it to make her next attack more powerful would turn a jab into a Smash level hit.

It can also be used to unlock locked noble Phantasms. Since most servants are locked into what they can do by their class, using a Command Seal can break these restrictions, such as letting a Berserker use Noble Phantasms that require a degree of cunning or Letting a Servant in a more physical class use Magecraft that is partially restricted by not being in the Caster class. But in Saber's case that may not be true:

Most servants are magically created Familiars using the legends and histories as a basis. However, Saber is a special case as she isn't a magically created body, but rather a temporally displaced living person. She lacks access to her additional Noble Phantasms because she was summoned from a point where she didn't have them. It may not be possible for the command seal to Summon Avalon the scabbard to let her nosell an attack. That said, hypothetically this would be an amalgam Artoria, so her having access to other Tools wouldn't be too weird.

Edit: Unrelated, but I would love to see Saber's Loss screens. 'Cause while I doubt Ganondorf would really be calmly clapping for Link's victory, being a sore loser is specifically one of Saber's more notable character traits, like being a big eater. Part of me wants to see Taiga Sensei and Illya standing there clapping.

Last edited:

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
I don't think it would be a good idea to label it like that for a whole match since full matches can be either really short, giving Saber an advantage, or really long, putting her at a disadvantage, which is why they should either be three uses per stock or have a cool down timer of some sort once they're all used.
The thing here is that the command seals are really, really good in what they do, hence why they can't restore if Saber gets KO'd, it makes using them an actual crucial decision, like imagine saber being able to use the three seals for every stock to heal whenever she's at high percents or use them all to unleash a Final Smash, it would be too much honestly.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
The thing here is that the command seals are really, really good in what they do, hence why they can't restore if Saber gets KO'd, it makes using them an actual crucial decision, like imagine saber being able to use the three seals for every stock to heal whenever she's at high percents or use them all to unleash a Final Smash, it would be too much honestly.
The obvious answer is to make them less game breakingly powerful.

But honestly, I'd make the seals more an aesthetic detail than a move of it's Own. Have one flash in front of her and fade upon her entrance, have the other two flash and disapear when she uses her Final smash, to show that it's being boosted. Let her have a close range Excaliblast in her moveset.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly a big fan of the "use all three to get FInal Smash" idea because I wanna see it in tourneys and the Smash fanbase crying over it

And limiting them per game is a big issue, since stocks are customizable, she can become either too broken or too weak simply by changing them since the time she would have access to Command Seal buffs would be relatively bigger or smaller. I think a timer that doesn't reset between stocks would be the way to go, and if they're too powerful, just put a 5 minute timer for all of them to restore or something

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
The obvious answer is to make them less game breakingly powerful.
I want the seals to be very rewarding to use, hence why i'd want them to be "too good" but you must really think about using them instead of not worrying that much because they refill once you die.
But if you want spell regen I have two ideas:
  1. Whenever Saber scores a KO, she refills one spell, this rewards the player for playing well.
  2. A timer to regen one spell (like in FGO), how much? depends on how good the spells are, if they're like Hero's buffs or Shulk's monado arts then it should be shorter than the timer to charge a full waft, if they're really strong buffs, then it should take like 3 mins for one spell recharge.

Now I'm mostly talking about a 1v1 ambient, if we're adding 2v2 or FFAs, then I think the timer should be the best option because scoring kos is much easier with more characters or in casual play (items/hazards).

I'm honestly a big fan of the "use all three to get FInal Smash" idea because I wanna see it in tourneys and the Smash fanbase crying over it
She uses a sword and is anime, that's enough to make smashfans cry rivers of tears.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
She uses a sword and is anime, that's enough to make smashfans cry rivers of tears.
How much do you want to bet if Artoria got in, people will automatically assume she's another Fire Emblem character? I saw that happen with Hero, I can see it with Artoria.

I imagine she would be a bit of a controversial choice if she got in but honestly, almost everyone may be controversial due to how divided the Smash fandom is when it comes to characters. I ain't gonna be complaining at all if she got in considering I adore Fate.

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
How much do you want to bet if Artoria got in, people will automatically assume she's another Fire Emblem character? I saw that happen with Hero, I can see it with Artoria.
I imagine she would be a bit of a controversial choice if she got in but honestly, almost everyone may be controversial due to how divided the Smash fandom is when it comes to characters. I ain't gonna be complaining at all if she got in considering I adore Fate.
I think Fate is a bit more popular than DQ in the west right now, though more for the Anime/Movies and Grand Order over the visual novels or game spin-offs, anyways I think people would recognize her at least from "the anime with the people die when they are killed meme".

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I think Fate is a bit more popular than DQ in the west right now, though more for the Anime/Movies and Grand Order over the visual novels or game spin-offs, anyways I think people would recognize her at least from "the anime with the people die when they are killed meme".
Well..Grand Order is at least a video game, even if mobile..so at least there's that..and the Visual Novel never got localized, so that's not too surprising.

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
Well..Grand Order is at least a video game, even if mobile..so at least there's that..and the Visual Novel never got localized, so that's not too surprising.
Wouldn't surprise me seeing people commenting "what is this mobile game character doing in Smash" or some other dumb things.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
If there's people who truly think FF7 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim were the first games in their series despite the numbers, FGO will have it much worse because some people think that's where the Fate franchise started.

And then there's people who know of Fates origins but disqualify it because "Visual novels aren't games".

It's just a bunch of silly stuff that I think shouldn't hurt chances at all but does say something about the public.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If there's people who truly think FF7 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim were the first games in their series despite the numbers, FGO will have it much worse because some people think that's where the Fate franchise started.

And then there's people who know of Fates origins but disqualify it because "Visual novels aren't games".

It's just a bunch of silly stuff that I think shouldn't hurt chances at all but does say something about the public.
There's also a bunch of people that think Fate began with the Anime adaption since it was what we got first, if I recall.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
There's also a bunch of people that think Fate began with the Anime adaption since it was what we got first, if I recall.
Yeah, we got the anime adaptations first in the States anyways.

Besides those honestly the only "official translated media" we got here, again besides anime adaptations, is Extra, Extella, Extella Link, and FGO. We don't have an official English translation of the OG VN or anything else, that's all done by the fans.

Edit: I forgot we got an English version of Unlimited Codes on the PSP.

Last edited:

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
I think people's reaction to Artoria would be kinda like if Agumon from the Digimon franchise got in the game, since their animes are far more popular than their original games.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah, we got the anime adaptations first in the States anyways.

Besides those honestly the only "official translated media" we got here, again besides anime adaptations, is Extra, Extella, Extella Link, and FGO. We don't have an official English translation of the OG VN or anything else, that's all done by the fans.

Edit: I forgot we got an English version of Unlimited Codes on the PSP.
Yeah, though considering how much text is in the Visual Novel, I'm not too surprised. It wasn't localized for a very similar reason to Mother 3.
I think people's reaction to Artoria would be kinda like if Agumon from the Digimon franchise got in the game, since their animes are far more popular than their original games.
Yeah, though I think Artoria could be forgiven a bit more once people learn her true origins since many, such as myself, don't really know if the Digimon Digipet counts as a video game or a toy since, well, very few people see Tamagotchi as video games, most see them as toys, and Digimon's original thing was the same thing but marketed more towards boy than girls..its a weird issue.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Yeah, though considering how much text is in the Visual Novel, I'm not too surprised. It wasn't localized for a very similar reason to Mother 3.

Yeah, though I think Artoria could be forgiven a bit more once people learn her true origins since many, such as myself, don't really know if the Digimon Digipet counts as a video game or a toy since, well, very few people see Tamagotchi as video games, most see them as toys, and Digimon's original thing was the same thing but marketed more towards boy than girls..its a weird issue.
Text amount wasn’t exactly an issue, it was more-so they just didn’t want to translate it on over officially.

Also, dunno if they were ever shared here before but I found these on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/bQqRyA5RVfs

https://youtu.be/piWEN5a_mkM

https://youtu.be/c0_XBfcLpaY

https://youtu.be/uJzTfeWvMCQ

https://youtu.be/CEnC_8WT9X8

In other news the Fate/ cooking game has a release month of May 2020.

Last edited:
Top Bottom