• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Look at what I found. Uploaded some hours after the earlier conversation. Did not want to doublepost though.

This channel also has plenty of Fate music.

D

Deleted member

Look at what I found. Uploaded some hours after the earlier conversation. Did not want to doublepost though.

This channel also has plenty of Fate music.

You gave me a heart attack right there since I thought it was a leak. But sure enough, I have heard nothing but good things about the OST.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna post this here:
fighter spirit_(saber).png

It's my take on Saber's Fighter Spirit if she were to be in Smash. This took me a long time to make...and I hope you all liked it.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Considering how I have a Saber avatar (as of this post), I am surprised myself that I still haven't posted here until now. Anyways.

While Fate/Stay Night isn't the first visual novel, its various spinoffs, stories, and anime adaptations (and its high-grossing mobile gacha, of course), are a testament to how popular the VN is and how massive the media franchise it produced is. If people speculate that Sakurai and Nintendo can entertain fellow visual novel character Phoenix Wright, it wouldn't be out of question for them to entertain other visual novel characters. For a massive media franchise that all started from a visual novel, Saber would certainly be on the table when it comes to entertaining VN characters. If Phoenix was responsible for revitalizing the popularity of VNs outside of Japan, Saber is the current ruler of the VN genre. Very few VN franchises, even Ace Attorney arguably, can rival F/SN's popularity.

Of course, I would welcome the King of the Knights to Smash.

Starch

Smash Rookie
Seems like more and more big-name characters are being disconfirmed the closer we are to the Game Awards and we still have no idea who exactly fighter 5 would be. People speculate that it could be a niche character that no one would expect to be in like Saber or Reimu for example. What do you guys think of this past week of leaks and confirmations going on and do you think Saber might have a shot at the VGA.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Seems like more and more big-name characters are being disconfirmed the closer we are to the Game Awards and we still have no idea who exactly fighter 5 would be. People speculate that it could be a niche character that no one would expect to be in like Saber or Reimu for example. What do you guys think of this past week of leaks and confirmations going on and do you think Saber might have a shot at the VGA.
Perhaps not the VGA's but Saber could certainly happen as a Post-pass DLC character.

My reason being that although Saber has a pretty solid chance overall (and was likely previously considered for Smash in the past), there's not too much going towards her potential inclusion like there is for characters like Reimu.

Regardless, it's a relief to the characters being narrowed down further, while Saber is in the running and hasn't been remotely deconfirmed by any credible leakers.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I would not mind Saber at all. I personally like Fate a lot and would accept her in.

It's funny how IMO, I think some people are sleeping on her and other certain characters like Reimus chances simply because they're lesser known despite them being influential in their own ways. They may not be #5 but depending on how much Post Pass content we get, I can see Sakurai wanting to tap into Fates market by including her since his mentality is to get people of all kinds into Smash to play together.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well unless Verge disconfirms her, I think she is the most likely candidate now after that huge list of disconfirmations.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Saber be like: I have survived all of Verge’s thanos snaps so far.

Only thing Verge did not confirm was a Sony rep... unlikely but a small possibility. That said I think Saber has the highest chances of anyone now.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Throw me in for support. Always loved Saber even though I fail every attempt to get into the Fate franchise.

Can't believe that she's the highest profile character to survive the deconfirmation bloodbath outside of maybe a Sony rep.

D

Deleted member

Three things:
1-I guess I'm not giving this thread away anymore since the person I had for in mind can't take it over due to how the ownership transfer works. This is technically old news but oops lol
2-I legit started this thread as a half-joke to annoy people who hated Fate because Extella made her elligible but ever since then I realized I legit wanted this because I love Fate so much and boy did I never think it'd come to a point she even looks remotely likely. I still doubt it but hey, here's hoping
3-Saber says Trans Rights

zferolie

Smash Hero
A new fate game with saber just was announced for the switch

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
A new fate game with saber just was announced for the switch

Cooking With Saber.

But uh... guess the first time Shirou, Rin, and Sakura have actually been on the switch.

also Shirou is finally teaching Saber how to cook her own meals-- blasphemy.

Obviously though this is based off of Cooking With The Emiya Family which is in turn based off of some scenes from Hollow Ataraxia I believe.

Also, alongside this Artoria got an animation update in FGO JP, new trailer for Spring Song, new TV CM for Strange Fake Vol. 6, and a new foreigner coming to FGO JP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am forever cursed to wander back here but I'm doing so because hey, tomorrow is a thing so who knows what might happen

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Quick, someone prepare the catalyst.

AKA throw a doggo with a red stick at a Japanese red head in a backyard shack and have him touch a red circle.

D

Deleted member

Quick, someone prepare the catalyst.

AKA throw a doggo with a red stick at a Japanese red head in a backyard shack and have him touch a red circle.
I'm gonna have Duck Hunt try to murder Pit, that's close enough, right?

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I personally don't think Saber is likely, but if she were added I would be super hyped for it. Fate fan since 2006ish.

Edit: Oh errr... Yeah, add me to the list.

Last edited:

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
I would like Saber to be in Smash, even if i don't like sword users that much, I think Saber (or any fate rep like Archer, Nero or even Mash/Gudao) deserves to be in the game, Fate is one of the biggest franchises right now and FSN is one if no the most iconic VN i can think of.
IMO the only thing blocking her path is that FSN/HA were eroge VNs so I don't think Nintendo would like to have a character from a game like that (there's a difference between fanservice and just straight sex scenes), unless for some reason they use Realta Nua as "the original game" as a facade to evade the whole eroge thing.
Anyways, count me in for the support list, I wanna EKUSUKARIBAAAA all the FE dweebs.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
1)Add my support
2)I'm making a Saber for Smash thing and need good songs from the games only to add, any suggestions there?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I had a funny idea for a reveal trailer for Saber..a fake out one even featuring Fire Emblem to troll the fandom. I don't know if they'd do it since it involves using a character not part of the game, but I think it'd be funny.

The scene begins with showing this area from Fire Emblem Heroes, the summoning stone from that game. Whether seen or unseen, the main character from that game (essentially you), is summoning characters as per usual. They summon various Fire Emblem characters also featured in Super Smash Bros 4 times (so summoning 4 characters from amongst this list: Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, either Robin, Chrom, either Corrin, and either Byleth)..this references how each time you summon you can summon up to 5 characters if you have the orbs and want to..but for the 5th character, the stone shakes and glows more brightly until Saber is summoned, much to the confusion of the various Fire Emblem characters that had also been summoned..and of course we then get the splash image 'Saber is Summoned to Battle'..cue gameplay portion of the trailer.
EMIYA and Sword of Promised Victory would be the main ones
Thanks, I'll look them up.
Once I'm finished with my Saber in Smash Template, I'll post it here and in the Speculation thread.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I had a funny idea for a reveal trailer for Saber..a fake out one even featuring Fire Emblem to troll the fandom. I don't know if they'd do it since it involves using a character not part of the game, but I think it'd be funny.

The scene begins with showing this area from Fire Emblem Heroes, the summoning stone from that game. Whether seen or unseen, the main character from that game (essentially you), is summoning characters as per usual. They summon various Fire Emblem characters also featured in Super Smash Bros 4 times (so summoning 4 characters from amongst this list: Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, either Robin, Chrom, either Corrin, and either Byleth)..this references how each time you summon you can summon up to 5 characters if you have the orbs and want to..but for the 5th character, the stone shakes and glows more brightly until Saber is summoned, much to the confusion of the various Fire Emblem characters that had also been summoned..and of course we then get the splash image 'Saber is Summoned to Battle'..cue gameplay portion of the trailer.
Yeah... funny though I don't think that's ideal for anyone, I'd prefer if for example... we had the sword-using cast of Smash Bros essentially invade Fuyuki during the Fifth Holy Grail War as an general idea, probably involving her original summoning scene... as in like, say... someone like Meta Knight sends Cu flying when he's approaching to kill Shirou a second time and then turns his sights on Shirou, he touches that circle, and... Saber gets summoned and saves him and essentially cuts through all of the sword fighters in Smash. If you want to include gacha though... just use FGO's Chaldea summoning sequence, same idea however said FE characters get burned into mana prisms until Saber gets summoned.

Tagline should stay the same though, I think everyone basically agrees thats what hers should be.

That said if you're of the idea down-b should be a swap between her and Shirou, mid-way through the trailer you could have Saber get beaten down by someone like... Byleth or Link, idk and have him say something along the lines "Saber! Let me handle it from here!" as he summons Kanshou and Bakuya, "Shirou Emiya Lets Out The Blade Works!" or something I'm terrible with coming up with my own taglines

Also ngl, I kinda hope UFOTable somehow gets to animate and make the whole reveal trailer, I think it'd be cool.

Also as other song ideas, maybe Last Stardust and Brave Shine as some potential lyrical tracks?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah... funny though I don't think that's ideal for anyone, I'd prefer if for example... we had the sword-using cast of Smash Bros essentially invade Fuyuki during the Fifth Holy Grail War as an general idea, probably involving her original summoning scene... as in like, say... someone like Meta Knight sends Cu flying when he's approaching to kill Shirou a second time and then turns his sights on Shirou, he touches that circle, and... Saber gets summoned and saves him and essentially cuts through all of the sword fighters in Smash. If you want to include gacha though... just use FGO's Chaldea summoning sequence, same idea however said FE characters get burned into mana prisms until Saber gets summoned.

Tagline should stay the same though, I think everyone basically agrees thats what hers should be.

That said if you're of the idea down-b should be a swap between her and Shirou, mid-way through the trailer you could have Saber get beaten down by someone like... Byleth or Link, idk and have him say something along the lines "Saber! Let me handle it from here!" as he summons Kanshou and Bakuya, "Shirou Emiya Lets Out The Blade Works!" or something I'm terrible with coming up with my own taglines

Also ngl, I kinda hope UFOTable somehow gets to animate and make the whole reveal trailer, I think it'd be cool.

Also as other song ideas, maybe Last Stardust and Brave Shine as some potential lyrical tracks?
Perhaps, I just kinda like the fake out is all lol
I also like the ones where you don't know the character until, op, there they are!
I'd prefer Saber solo, but that's only because I'm not very attached to Emiya..

I almost put 'Saber is summoned to Smash' instead, but it sounded a bit too naughty..though considering the origins of Fate/stay night..

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Please forgive the double post, I finished this and I didn't want to just edit a post I made yesterday to show it off as I said.

Finally finished this template for Saber from Fate/stay night as a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Character.
SmashTemplate2Saber.png
(Click to View Larger Size)
Saber's default costume, used as base for the 3rd & 4th slots as well, is the main Saber used in the series, real name Arturia Pendragon, while her alternate costume is a different Saber, real name Nero and often nicknamed Red Saber, who was first used in Fate/EXTRA. She has a second alternate costume as well of Saber Alter, or Arturia corrupted.
The characters in her Classic Mode Route are references to other characters from her series, namely: Archer, Assassin, Rider, Berserker, Gilgamesh, and Caster..and I threw in Dracula as her Boss mostly because I thought he was the most fitting one and I didn't want to do a typical Master Hand/Crazy Hand Boss Battle.

For her Alternate Costumes, these are their inspirations...I couldn't find good enough, easy to edit sprites to use, so I actually made custom colours off of artwork..so I kinda wanted to show 'em off at a larger size anyway. They're all thumbnails, so click to view at full size.
Cos3.png
- Lapis Lazuli Dress
Cos4.png
- Red Saber's Casual Clothes
Cos5.png
- Saber Lion from Fate/tiger colosseum
Cos6.png
- Saber Lily from Fate/unlimited codes
Cos8.png
- Saber Alter's Casual Clothes

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Please forgive the double post, I finished this and I didn't want to just edit a post I made yesterday to show it off as I said.

Finally finished this template for Saber from Fate/stay night as a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Character.
View attachment 259185
(Click to View Larger Size)
Saber's default costume, used as base for the 3rd & 4th slots as well, is the main Saber used in the series, real name Arturia Pendragon, while her alternate costume is a different Saber, real name Nero and often nicknamed Red Saber, who was first used in Fate/EXTRA. She has a second alternate costume as well of Saber Alter, or Arturia corrupted.
The characters in her Classic Mode Route are references to other characters from her series, namely: Archer, Assassin, Rider, Berserker, Gilgamesh, and Caster..and I threw in Dracula as her Boss mostly because I thought he was the most fitting one and I didn't want to do a typical Master Hand/Crazy Hand Boss Battle.

For her Alternate Costumes, these are their inspirations...I couldn't find good enough, easy to edit sprites to use, so I actually made custom colours off of artwork..so I kinda wanted to show 'em off at a larger size anyway. They're all thumbnails, so click to view at full size.
View attachment 259186
- Lapis Lazuli Dress
View attachment 259187
- Red Saber's Casual Clothes
View attachment 259188
- Saber Lion from Fate/tiger colosseum
View attachment 259189
- Saber Lily from Fate/unlimited codes
View attachment 259190
- Saber Alter's Casual Clothes
I like it... except for you putting in Nero, I'd rather her be kept for a potential EXTRA rep. Think those could've gone to more Salter alts or... instead of Nero and keeping it to King Arthur, cause Nero really doesn't fit Artoria's body type (look at any of her 3-D models and you'll know why) and abilities... could just bring in Arthur himself from Fate/Prototype, same sword, basically the same NP, probably fits more in line with Artoria's body and would-be hitboxes than Nero, also has the same exact fighting style as her basically since he is her.

Also is Dracula suppose to represent Angra or Gilgamesh? Just asking since everyone else seems pretty obvious.

D. Pit = Archer/EMIYA
Marth = Assassin/Sasaki
Corrin = Rider/Medusa
Simon = Berserker/Heracles
Ike = Lancer/Cu (I think)
Zelda = Caster/Medea

Last edited:

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
I don't think Nero could work as an alt costume for Saber, they both have some glaring differences, she should be an echo fighter of Saber with her own flavor (like if Saber has avalon, Nero has imperial privilege), Saber having her Alter/Lily/School Uniform or even Arthur would be fine.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I don't think Nero could work as an alt costume for Saber, they both have some glaring differences, she should be an echo fighter of Saber with her own flavor (like if Saber has avalon, Nero has imperial privilege), Saber having her Alter/Lily/School Uniform or even Arthur would be fine.
I mean Imperial Privilege is just 'I take whatever I want' depending on the rank anyways, usually limited to just servant skills (like riding, shapeshift, presence concealment, etc. etc.), so I don't exactly agree with Nero = Echo, I'm more inclined to any other Knight of The Round Table (with a sword beam NP) or user of Excalibur than Nero being an Artoria echo, though I admit in a proposed idea of an EXTRA series rep she'd probably have some moves taken from her and be an semi-echo, though that'd be justified with a down-b switch to Tamamo and maybe EMIYA/Nameless who'd be unique. But yeah, glad to see someone else thinks Nero is too different from Artoria to be an alt, I'd rather more Salter alts, her casual clothes, or even Arthur than jamming in Nero with a moveset with abilities she really can't pull off.

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
I mean Imperial Privilege is just 'I take whatever I want' depending on the rank anyways, usually limited to just servant skills (like riding, shapeshift, presence concealment, etc. etc.), so I don't exactly agree with Nero = Echo, I'm more inclined to any other Knight of The Round Table (with a sword beam NP) or user of Excalibur than Nero being an Artoria echo, though I admit in a proposed idea of an EXTRA series rep she'd probably have some moves taken from her and be an semi-echo, though that'd be justified with a down-b switch to Tamamo and maybe EMIYA/Nameless who'd be unique. But yeah, glad to see someone else thinks Nero is too different from Artoria to be an alt, I'd rather more Salter alts, her casual clothes, or even Arthur than jamming in Nero with a moveset with abilities she really can't pull off.
That's what I said with "an echo with her own flavor", I was thinking on a situation like Ryu/Ken, where Nero and Saber share some moves but they both have different ones (like let's say Artoria's dair is a falling sword attack while Nero's dair is a single-handed takedown slash or Artoria's F-Smash is an upward slash while Nero's is a double sword slash).
But honestly, I think it should just be Artoria with an Alter/Lily/School costume, I like Nero a lot and would love to play as her in Smash, but Artoria should get all the attention if she manages to get summoned in Smash.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I like it... except for you putting in Nero, I'd rather her be kept for a potential EXTRA rep. Think those could've gone to more Salter alts or... instead of Nero and keeping it to King Arthur, cause Nero really doesn't fit Artoria's body type (look at any of her 3-D models and you'll know why) and abilities... could just bring in Arthur himself from Fate/Prototype, same sword, basically the same NP, probably fits more in line with Artoria's body and would-be hitboxes than Nero, also has the same exact fighting style as her basically since he is her.

Also is Dracula suppose to represent Angra or Gilgamesh? Just asking since everyone else seems pretty obvious.

D. Pit = Archer/EMIYA
Marth = Assassin/Sasaki
Corrin = Rider/Medusa
Simon = Berserker/Heracles
Ike = Lancer/Cu (I think)
Zelda = Caster/Medea
Someone else pointed that out too, I put her as an alternate after asking my friend, a huge fan of the Fate series, if Nero would fit as an alternate for Arturia..and he said 'yeah'. Honestly, the one he was iffy on was Saber Alter as an alternate since she's usually OP (but holy crap did I want her..she's so awesome!)
As for body types, Smash alters those a lot any way, I mean, look at Robin, Lucina, Corrin, and Byleth. Female Robin/Corrin/Byleth are a lot shorter than their male counterparts in their games while in Awakening Lucina looks shorter than she does in Super Smash Bros, likely due to originally being an alternate costume for Marth. Both of these changes carried over into Fire Emblem Warriors too, funnily enough. Its also not uncommon Smash characters to not match how they act in their base games, just look at the Koopalings using the Clown Car & Shadow Mario, Ganondorf's moveset, Dark Samus' moveset, Simon using moves originally from Richter, and then Ness & Lucas using moves originating from their party members. I could have included Byleth using the Hero's Relics from the other House Leaders..but they can use Axes, Lances, and Bows..so it still fits.
However, if it is a sticking point, just having Nero's colouration given to Saber as her 2nd alternate (or 3rd if Saber Alter becomes the basis for half of the alts) could also work. I don't really think Fate/EXTRA would get a rep or that Fate would even get another rep in general though, so I hadn't considered Nero for another spot (either as Original or Echo Fighter)..not to mention her name would likely still be 'Saber' making for two Fate reps named Saber since I don't think they'd call her Nero or Red Saber, as such, I thought an alternate costume was a good enough option.

Dracula isn't really representing anyone, he just felt like he'd fit with Saber's route for a few reasons.
- He, like Saber, is a character from History/Legend and I could see Dracula becoming a Servant Class of some sort.
- His general aesthetic fits with Fate/stay night in my opinion.
- I didn't want to use Master Hand/Crazy Hand and he seemed the best fit over the other bosses.
Ike was actually supposed to reference Gilgamesh..I originally wanted to use him for Lancer due to the hair similarity, but I also wanted to include Gilgamesh in some fashion and Ike seemed the best fit for me with his yellow alt. I suppose I could also have used one of the Links for that role. You got all of the other ones right though.

I had actually planned on having male Saber/Arthur as an alternate but when I was making the template..I forgot..and I was too far along when I ended up remembering him..so yeah, that's just a thing that happened..

You'll have to forgive me any ignorance I have towards Fate though, I've literally only seen 2 movies (first two Heaven's Feel movies), 9 episodes of Fate/stay night, and a few minutes of playing Fate/Grand Order..so I'm far from an expert on this. Everything I included in Saber's Smash Template came from me scouring the net on various Wikis and YouTube, especially the latter for the music from the various games, since I wanted to keep it all music from the various games and not anime in order to stick to Smash's Video Games Only thing going on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom