• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

D

Deleted member

If I were to implement Command Seals, I'd do them somewhat like this

Down B - Command Seal
Saber has 3 Command Seals per stock, which only recover after respawning, much like Wonderwing. When the button is pressed, Saber will enter a stance and a red aura will surround her,
There are 3 Commands Saber can be given, determined by how long the button is held.
Simply tapping it will give Saber a Mana Burst effect, which has an initial hitbox similar to Rebel's Guard and will slightly boost her speed in exchange for some defense and weight.
Holding it long enough to use two Seals will heal Saber for a fair amount and temporarily reduce the damage she receives. This will also remove the Mana Burst effect.
Fully charging it to use up all seals will teleport Saber in a red flash right behind the opponent, no matter where they are on the stage.

The idea is to give each command something worthwhile without making them significantly better.
Teleport is a great tool for recovering or approaching your opponent but it can only be used once per stock and prevents you from combining it with the other Commands.
Heal is a simple one but useful to take Saber out of tough spots, but it can only be used once and only allows you to use one other Command before or after it.
Mana Burst would be a sorta pseudo Monado Art except more limited. While useful, it has an inherent weakness and relying on it too much will prevent you from using other options.

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Gosh, I haven't been here in a while

I think that it might be interesting for the "1 Command Seal" effect to be a form change instead, a la Saber casting off her armor during the Lancer fight in Fate/Zero. It would give her a boosted attack power and speed, though it would leave her with a bit more endlag to her moves and a defense drop.

For Mana Burst, I'd instead apply it to her Smash attacks or Side B, allowing for a more disjointed hitbox with some endlag to compensate. Another option could be to use Instict/Intuition as a counter, but considering the state of Counters in this game it might seem redundant.

Last edited:

Itsasomeone

Smash Rookie
I have a question for Saber supporters; if she was part of the Fighters’ Pass, what Spirits would she bring along with her?
I would say the original servants plus some of the masters. To be specific.....
Shiro(Novice) Represented Character:Red Robin. could potentially have enhancibility into Archer(Ace) because I wouldn't be surprised if they spoiled that.
Tohsaka(Advanced) Represented Character:Red Lucina.
Sakura(Novice) Represented Character:purple Peach. Could potentially have enhancibility into Evil Sakura(Ace)
Kotomine(Ace) Represented Character:Grey Ganondorf.
Lancer(Advanced) Represented Character: Blue Corrin
Rider(Ace) Represented Character: Pink Sheik
Caster(Ace) Represented Character: Purple Zelda
Assassin(Advanced) Represented Character: Mii Swordfighter(Katamari Outfit). Could potentially have enhancibility into True Assassin(Ace)
Berserker(Legend) Represented Character: Grey Bowser.
Gilgamesh(Legend) Represented Character: Yellow Ike

Also....I'm also new here and I wholeheartedly support Saber's inclusion into Smash(at some point at least).

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So... I kinda remembered Unlimited Codes existed,

While not exactly Smash related and more so general fighting game, Fate/ related. If that game got a sequel how do you guys think the roster would look like?

Still almost exclusively be Stay Night timeline? (besides the fact Bazette and Diarmuid are in Unlimited Codes alongside Saber Lily debuting as a costume in that game) or spread out to Fate/ as a whole? Including characters from Apocrytha, Extra/CCC, FGO, (more from) Zero, Strange Fake, Case Files, etc. etc?

Artix

Smash Journeyman

While not exactly Smash related and more so general fighting game, Fate/ related. If that game got a sequel how do you guys think the roster would look like?

Still almost exclusively be Stay Night timeline? (besides the fact Bazette and Diarmuid are in Unlimited Codes alongside Saber Lily debuting as a costume in that game) or spread out to Fate/ as a whole? Including characters from Apocrytha, Extra/CCC, FGO, (more from) Zero, Strange Fake, Case Files, etc. etc?
While I personally want the roster to be Stay/Night-exclusive, I really don't mind if they expand the roster to other Fate series. Though, that would essentially turn it into a FGO fighting game and I really don't mind another FGO game after FGO Arcade.

Speaking of FGO Arcade, they really should port it into consoles. If the Dissidia Final Fantasy arcade game can get a console port, then surely this one deserves a console port.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
While I personally want the roster to be Stay/Night-exclusive, I really don't mind if they expand the roster to other Fate series. Though, that would essentially turn it into a FGO fighting game and I really don't mind another FGO game after FGO Arcade.

Speaking of FGO Arcade, they really should port it into consoles. If the Dissidia Final Fantasy arcade game can get a console port, then surely this one deserves a console port.
Yeah, it would but with the PSP and PS2 port's I guess it already took the first steps to that... before FGO was even a thing (I think that was during the time the original version of Fate/Apocrytha that would later become FGO was still being made/considered, aka the Fate/ MMORPG they wanted to make but canceled since Nasu wanted it to have a definitive end at launch). But I wouldn't mind that either, though the one thing it'd have different of course is the masters being able to be played as.. as themselves without any pseudo-servant shenanigans or counter-guardian incarnations. Though I could imagine those would be easy alternate costumes to make.

They still plan on launching Arcade outside of Japan according to their website (though because it's developed and I think also published by SEGA (correct me if I'm wrong on this)... there may be a gap larger than two years for those of us in the U.S. . . . also insert some terrible joke about Sonic and the Black Knight Sonic being a Rider-class Saber-face here). That said, Azur Lane is releasing a console game very similar to FGO Arcade on consoles this year in Japan and early next year in the States, aka Azur Lane: Crosswave. So it is in the realm of possibilities, that said I don't remember if they said with Azur Lane: Crosswave if it had any paid gacha elements or everything could be unlocked via just playing the game (god I miss when /all/ games allowed us to do that), since while they already would have to if they made console ports (since playing quests or doing the PvP also costs AP/GP/Whatever which you also get by paying at least a 100 yen), seeming as that's also how the entire summoning system is based on as well with (I think) no free alternative. Since while I can tolerate FGO with how it is as a mobile game, and also as an Arcade game since usually the only money you make off of those is selling the machines and then getting customers to pay the fee to play once, I understand that's the only way you can make a good profit off of how something like FGO Arcade is structured. But with a Console game... 40-60 dollars (Apparently I've heard $40 now used to be $60. and what we now pay for games, while we think is $60 is apparently more like $80, heard a lot of people say this but I don't know if any of it is true or not), whatever the price tag, I don't believe it should have all that much of a greedy monetization system. As I'll say it now, unless it's a free to play game, I advocate for no micro-transactions of any kind. So... really all I'm saying is: While I want an FGO Arcade port to consoles, I'd like for it to at least take the actual FGO's approach to AP consumption and gain and summoning system (where we actually have the option to have a f2p option of summoning instead of only coughing up some money, which of course can be gained by the normal ways of story/event quests and what not, daily missions and the rest in the mission log, and with how Arcade has a PvP game-mode, Quartz could also be gained through that and perhaps special PvP missions as well). I would prefer it work like this even in a F2P model, especially that AP system that just doesn't work on consoles and if they tried it there'd be some backlash, I'd be more willing to accept the ability to buy quartz instead of putting more time into the game or with a lack of time to roll for a waifu/husbando in a speculative F2P console port if that was the case... still add in the ability for free saint quartz to be gained though.

Last edited:

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice

Conflicted

On one hand I want it to be everything because there are a lot of cool characters outside Stay Night, Zero, and Hollow Ataraxia

On another hand, I feel like if you allow FGO characters to get in the roster would be 3/4 FGO or at least 1/2 FGO, which I wouldnt want as there are a lot of cooler characters from other parts of the verse imo.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Conflicted

On one hand I want it to be everything because there are a lot of cool characters outside Stay Night, Zero, and Hollow Ataraxia

On another hand, I feel like if you allow FGO characters to get in the roster would be 3/4 FGO or at least 1/2 FGO, which I wouldnt want as there are a lot of cooler characters from other parts of the verse imo.
I understand where you're coming from with the FGO part, since most servants we know debuted in FGO and there's a ton of popular ones as well. Ideally we'd get 7 servants for every entry (besides those that appear in multiple series with the same appearance like Gilgamesh) and overall 7 more non-servant playable characters but I can really see FGO characters just bloating the roster.

Though with just they Stay Night, Zero, and Hollow Ataraxia stuff, I feel like Case Files would be added into this mix as it's a canonically, connected prequel to Stay Night. (I've heard people who've read all of it say it's practically the only Fate/ property that actually directly ties in with something with little to no contradictions, I cannot confirm or deny this as I've only seen the anime as it is up to now). With that said I think it'd be obvious Gray would be added in, perhaps Faker as well.

So... taking into account the other servants from Zero, Stay Night, and Hollow Ataraxia with some servants masters (that said, I feel like not all of Zero's masters would be included as a lot of them fight and some of them fight similarly to those I already have in mind, aka making the remaining masters from Stay Night playable... besides maybe Shinji unless he'd be thrown in there like a joke character or a sandbag like how cheating with emulators can force Illya in Unlimited Codes to be in an actual match where she can do nothing but run and jump... that said an actual playable Illya this time around).

About 15 newcomers then (assuming Zero's only Master rep is Kiritsugu and Stheno and Euryale get in since they technically debuted in Hollow Ataraxia with their true designs and everything and aren't FGO-debuted servant designs). I think that'd be a decent amount for an Unlimited Codes sequel. Much more realistic and grounded than the... 40+ character alternative. That said, I feel like an exception to the whole "Stay-Night" universe rule would be giving some characters alternate costumes of those of others, like Arthur for Artoria as an example.

That said, just because I honestly could see it happening also, like how Diarmuid was "technically" the only Zero Servant in Unlimited Codes, a game that was 100% pure Stay Night-debut before he was added, with the fact Mash's character design and class was a scrapped concept from Stay Night's development and then from Studio Deen's anime fourth route addition before it changes to an adaptation of the Fate route, I feel like because of that they'd make an exception for her and make her the /only/ FGO rep if that were to happen with the whole Stay Night only thing in this hypothetical Unlimited Codes sequel.

D

Deleted member

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Hey all. I've been working on a large document for Saber & Shirou in Smash. It's not quite complete yet but I'd like to share what I've done so far with you folks. Feedback and advice would be very appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLOpr673Ss78bv0KxX3E0CCkZo3I0_EWhN7Ujj3EShY/edit?usp=sharing
Not bad. I actually like the moveset you gave her.

I was not expecting the Magic Resistance passive though. At first, I thought it would be a pointless passive to have since there's only like few characters who uses magic in Smash but I guess that makes her the hard counter for Hero so I don't mind.

Also, you might want to add a Classic Mode Route for Saber if you can. And maybe the Kirby hat and her title in the Boxing Ring stage.

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
I like the moveset a lot! There's a lot of detail in there, which I can definitely appreciate. Nevertheless, here are a few suggestions:
-I think Lancer should be Blue Corrin, with the trait of "the opponent likes to use their Side Special Attack"
-Gilgamesh may work better as Alt 2 Shulk, what with the Monado sharing similar colours to Ea and such.
-Berserker could be Alt 8 Ganondorf, with Forward Smash being prioritized. The stage could also be Luigi's Mansion.
-I think Saber Alt 3 could be better if it was a white Alt, to reference Saber Lily.

To fill in the Kirby hat, I think the usual Saber hairstyle works, with the little ahoge. Invisible Air would mostly stay the same, but could potentially just use itself up after a maximum charge.
Boxing Ring title should be simple enough, being "The King of Knights", just like the title of the thread.
As for Classic Mode, I believe there was one a while back on this page called "Quest for the Holy Grail" or something similar. From what I remember the opponents were:
Fight 1: Lancer (Corrin Blue Alt) on Fuyuki City (Emiya Residence) - BGM - Burst Up
Fight 2: Shinji and Rider (Chrom Alt 3) (ZSS Alt 4) on Fuyuki City (Matou Estate) - BGM - Into the Night (Remix)
Fight 3: Kuzuki (Ryu Black Alt), Caster (Zelda Alt 6), and Assassin (Greninja Alt 3?) on Fuyuki City (Ryuudou Temple) - BGM - Sword of Promised Victory
Fight 4: Rin (Robin Alt 4) and Archer (Dark Pit Alt 3) on Fuyuki City (Tohsaka Manor) - BGM - EMIYA (Remix)
Fight 5: Illya and Berserker (Isabelle Alt 3) (Ganondorf Alt 8) on Luigi's Mansion - BGM - Excalibur
Fight 6: Gilgamesh and Kirei (Shulk Alt 2) (Richter Alt 7) on Fuyuki City (Holy Church) - BGM - The King of Gold
Bonus Game here to signify that things are heating up
Fight 7: Dark Sakura and Salter (Dark Samus Alt 6) (Saber Alt 4) on Fuyuki City (Omega) - BGM - Mighty Wind
BOSS: Marx - BGM - Last Battle

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Oh! I forgot about the Unlimited Codes thing. I think the cast should be mostly Stay Night characters, but with a few guest characters from other Fate works. Off the top of my head I can say Nero, Tamamo, Enkidu, Mash, Mordred, and Merlin would probably be locks for said guests, but there are probably a few more I'm not thinking of at the moment. I'd also like to see a few more Zero reps like Iskandar, Kiritsugu, Lancelot, and Waver. Taiga and MHX would also be nice joke characters, but that might be wishful thinking.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I understand where you're coming from with the FGO part, since most servants we know debuted in FGO and there's a ton of popular ones as well. Ideally we'd get 7 servants for every entry (besides those that appear in multiple series with the same appearance like Gilgamesh) and overall 7 more non-servant playable characters but I can really see FGO characters just bloating the roster.

Though with just they Stay Night, Zero, and Hollow Ataraxia stuff, I feel like Case Files would be added into this mix as it's a canonically, connected prequel to Stay Night. (I've heard people who've read all of it say it's practically the only Fate/ property that actually directly ties in with something with little to no contradictions, I cannot confirm or deny this as I've only seen the anime as it is up to now). With that said I think it'd be obvious Gray would be added in, perhaps Faker as well.

So... taking into account the other servants from Zero, Stay Night, and Hollow Ataraxia with some servants masters (that said, I feel like not all of Zero's masters would be included as a lot of them fight and some of them fight similarly to those I already have in mind, aka making the remaining masters from Stay Night playable... besides maybe Shinji unless he'd be thrown in there like a joke character or a sandbag like how cheating with emulators can force Illya in Unlimited Codes to be in an actual match where she can do nothing but run and jump... that said an actual playable Illya this time around).

About 15 newcomers then (assuming Zero's only Master rep is Kiritsugu and Stheno and Euryale get in since they technically debuted in Hollow Ataraxia with their true designs and everything and aren't FGO-debuted servant designs). I think that'd be a decent amount for an Unlimited Codes sequel. Much more realistic and grounded than the... 40+ character alternative. That said, I feel like an exception to the whole "Stay-Night" universe rule would be giving some characters alternate costumes of those of others, like Arthur for Artoria as an example.

That said, just because I honestly could see it happening also, like how Diarmuid was "technically" the only Zero Servant in Unlimited Codes, a game that was 100% pure Stay Night-debut before he was added, with the fact Mash's character design and class was a scrapped concept from Stay Night's development and then from Studio Deen's anime fourth route addition before it changes to an adaptation of the Fate route, I feel like because of that they'd make an exception for her and make her the /only/ FGO rep if that were to happen with the whole Stay Night only thing in this hypothetical Unlimited Codes sequel.
Yeah, im really worried about FGO characters taking up most the roster lol. Not saying I don't like those characters, but there are so many other characters that should get the spotlight

Also, Diarmuid isn't the only non-stay night character in the game. While Bazett technically was in stay night, she was a HA character, same w/Liz. Luvia is the only one of them thats purely from Hollow Ataraxia

Anyways, if we ever got an Unlimited Codes 2 or just a new Fate fighting game in general, i'd hope for the roster to look something like this

1. Shirou, w/his casual outfits, Oath under Snow outfit, & Muramasa as Alts
2. Artoria, w/her casual outfit, Proto-Arthur, Lily, & MHX as Alts
3. Artoria Alter, w/Shinjuku outfit & her Dress as an Alt
4. Rin, w/her casual outfits, Ishtar, & Ereshkigal as Alts
5. Archer, w/Counter Guardian outfit as an Alt
6. Dark Sakura, w/Regular Sakura w/her Mystic Code from HA as an Alt
7. Medusa, w/her Hollow Ataraxia outfit as an Alt
8. Kirei, w/his Shirtless variant from the end of HF as an Alt
9. Gilgamesh, w/Full Power, his casual outfits, & Angelica as Alts
10. Bazett
11. Cu Chulainn
12. Heracles w/Illya as his assist on his shoulder
13. Medea w/Kuzuki as her assist, also w/her HA casual outfit as an Alt
14. Merlin
15. Caren
16. Luvia, w/Magical Girl outfit as an Alt
17. Angra Mainyu
18. Kiritsugu, w/Servant variant as an Alt
19. Iskandar
20. Lancelot (Berserker)
21. Adult Waver
22. Gray
23. Nero, w/Bride & her casual outfit as Alts
24. Tamamo, w/her casual outfit as an Alt
25. Francis Drake, w/Link outfit as an Alt
26. Altera
27. BB
28. Elizabeth Bathory, w/Mecha Eliza as an Alt
29. Karna
30. Archimedes
31. Charlemagne
32. Jeanne, w/her casual outfit as an Alt
33. Amakusa Shirou w/Semiramis as his assist
34. Mordred w/Kairi as her assist
35. Frankenstein
36. Okita Alter, w/Okita as her alt
37. Nobunaga
38. Enkidu
39. Mash w/Ritsuka/Gudao as her assist, also w/her Chaldea Uniform as an Alt
40. Scathach, w/her Mask on as an Alt
41. Jeanne Alter, w/her Shinjuku outfit & her Long Hair variant as Alts
42. Raikou
43. Musashi
44. Arjuna
45. King Hassan
46. Cu Alter
47. Sakata Kintoki
48. Dantes

And for the surprises...

49. Ryougi Shiki, w/Void Shiki as an Alt
50. Aoko Aozaki, w/her various casual outfits as Alts
51. Arcueid Brunestud, w/Original Outfit (Her default would be her remake outfit) & Archetype Earth as Alts

These 3 could fit as each of them are the faces of the other major parts of the verse besides Fate. Not only that but these 3 have all been in Fate before (Arcueid Extra, Ryougi Extra & FGO, Aoko Extra). Plus it'd be cool callouts to things other than Fate. Also, Melty Blood did something similar w/the inclusion of Ryougi

I think I covered every part of the Fate Worlds with my list, feel free to edit it or change it around as you please.

Last edited:

Sh4d0wGaM3RDX

Smash Rookie
Hey all. I've been working on a large document for Saber & Shirou in Smash. It's not quite complete yet but I'd like to share what I've done so far with you folks. Feedback and advice would be very appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLOpr673Ss78bv0KxX3E0CCkZo3I0_EWhN7Ujj3EShY/edit?usp=sharing
Wow, this is pretty good movelist you gave her. Though, I would prefer if Saber's Color 4 (the one that references Alter) is a full-on Saber Alter skin instead of a simple recolor (just look at the Dark Link alts for the three Links).

Like Blackthorne Blackthorne said, Saber's Color 3 should have been a reference to Saber Lily. Other than that, it's pretty good. I'm impressed that you were able to come up with this.

Floridian

Smash Rookie
Hello! Just made an account here so I can signal my support for Saber. To be fair, I'm pretty new to the Fate series but I think Saber would be a cool addition to Smash.

Just a heads up, does a Discord server exist for supporting Saber in Smash? I'd like to make one if there hasn't been one yet.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Hello! Just made an account here so I can signal my support for Saber. To be fair, I'm pretty new to the Fate series but I think Saber would be a cool addition to Smash.

Just a heads up, does a Discord server exist for supporting Saber in Smash? I'd like to make one if there hasn't been one yet.
No, we don't have a Discord server yet, at least to my knowledge. It would be appreciated if you can create one for us Saber supporters.

Also, welcome to the Saber thread.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was not expecting the Magic Resistance passive though. At first, I thought it would be a pointless passive to have since there's only like few characters who uses magic in Smash but I guess that makes her the hard counter for Hero so I don't mind.
It wouldn't, none of Hero's spells are actually coded as magic type attacks.

Also, can't believe I never visited here. Not a big Fate fan myself, but my brother is, and I'd love Saber to get in just to see his reaction. Count me as a supporter.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't, none of Hero's spells are actually coded as magic type attacks.

Also, can't believe I never visited here. Not a big Fate fan myself, but my brother is, and I'd love Saber to get in just to see his reaction. Count me as a supporter.
Wait, really? I always thought they count as magic since, you know, they're MP-based attacks. I guess the Magic Resistance passive might be useless after all...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, really? I always thought they count as magic since, you know, they're MP-based attacks. I guess the Magic Resistance passive might be useless after all...
Only :ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultrobin::ultzelda: can access magic-type attacks in Ultimate, most of them having only a couple.

Generally, any attack types except electric and fire tend to go underused in Smash. Magic Resistance would be as useful as Metal Slash in most match-ups.

Itsasomeone

Smash Rookie
Attention To The Saber Support Thread!
We all want Saber to get into Smash Bros Ultimate(Obviously or we wouldn't be here).
but I have a question to you supporters about....well, the opposite side of this....kind of.
My Question is.....

What do you think of the misconceptions of Saber and Fate/Stay Night(be it unintentional or not) how it effects her series as well as her Chances to be in Smash and how can we fix this?
I'm talking stuff like "This is an Anime character" or "Fate/Stay Night is a hentai" becuase addressing these problems and figuring out how to deal with them may help in garnering more supporters and putting more poeple into the know. I would like to hear your responses.

Floridian

Smash Rookie
Alright! Made the discord server for you all. Keep in mind... it might be a little bare'n'bones since again, I just scratched the surface of the Fate series (watching a playthrough of the visual novel at the moment). Some suggestions helps a lot.

Here's the server: https://discord.gg/8RdAQhy

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Attention To The Saber Support Thread!
We all want Saber to get into Smash Bros Ultimate(Obviously or we wouldn't be here).
but I have a question to you supporters about....well, the opposite side of this....kind of.
My Question is.....

What do you think of the misconceptions of Saber and Fate/Stay Night(be it unintentional or not) how it effects her series as well as her Chances to be in Smash and how can we fix this?
I'm talking stuff like "This is an Anime character" or "Fate/Stay Night is a hentai" becuase addressing these problems and figuring out how to deal with them may help in garnering more supporters and putting more poeple into the know. I would like to hear your responses.
Well, the obvious fix for the "this is an Anime character" as much as I shouldn't be one to talk for... obvious reasons is to point out the original release of the visual novel was January 30th 2004 while the first anime adaptation wasn't until January 7th 2006. That said, the console version didn't release till 2007 and then the handheld/mobile ports didn't happen till 2014 and 2015. That said... the windows release predates everything, and we consider visual novels a video game genre, therefore: Fate/ is a video game franchise. If we didn't consider it such then we'd have to consider Pheonix Wright and Danganronpa among other visual novels to not be video games.

That said... there is no denying that the fact the H-Scenes exist, though as I've stated before, the series has moved on from them as most non-anime Fate/ works are Rated T for Teens, while the anime adaptions are for mature audiences, and current manga and light novel projects like Foxtail, Strange Fake, and Requiem are for teen-young adults and don't do anything sexually explicit. The most for the sexual way of mana transfer is now-a-days, and kinda has been since EXTRA released, is that its something referenced to have happened off-screen or is just a reference to it and is nothing more than a passing mention. That said, it's clear the series has moved on from that, as can be seen with the fact its more commercially sell-able. I don't think its much of a big deal as the series has moved on, and its not like they'd even need to reference it in Smash, especially since we don't have anything like trophy descriptions anymore.

Its like if we held a stigma against Nintendo and buying their games because in the past they ran Love Hotels and what not, it'd be hypocritical of them to use that against Saber or anyone from the Fate/ series as a matter of fact, especially since its moved on from that since Type-Moon/Notes as a company no longer needs to rely on them to make sales. Plus I mean... not like the past of a person or company bothers Nintendo in the first place, since as discussed in the KOS-MOS thread, a lot of artist in Japan get started off as hentai/R18 artist before eventually making their way up to professional, proper work. This can be seen just with the fact of Xenoblade 2's artist for the main protagonist party was one and the same goes for various guest artist that drew rare blades you can resonate with through the core crystals. So while that's damning when it comes to our western culture, its really not that big of a deal in eastern culture.

So... I don't really think the H-Scenes can be held against any Fate/ character in general, especially since in Stay Night they weren't a majority of the content and were eventually removed from future releases after Hollow Ataraxia's were made to be optional, and were later removed in later releases.

Plus I mean... sure Tsukihime had them and was released before Stay Night, but Stay Night originally wasn't even going to have any H-Scenes before Nasu was essentially forced to write them because he got convinced to do so to help bolster sales... which as I said, Type-Moon/NOTES as a company no longer relies on such things and haven't done so in a long time since they've been really well. Plus I mean... if SEGA is willing to touch the series and make a whole Arcade spin-off and Capcom published Unlimited Codes all the way back in 2008, not even mentioning the rest of the games Artoria has cameo'd in... its clear the fact Stay Night had some H-Scenes aren't a problem at all.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Well, the obvious fix for the "this is an Anime character" as much as I shouldn't be one to talk for... obvious reasons is to point out the original release of the visual novel was January 30th 2004 while the first anime adaptation wasn't until January 7th 2006. That said, the console version didn't release till 2007 and then the handheld/mobile ports didn't happen till 2014 and 2015. That said... the windows release predates everything, and we consider visual novels a video game genre, therefore: Fate/ is a video game franchise. If we didn't consider it such then we'd have to consider Pheonix Wright and Danganronpa among other visual novels to not be video games.

That said... there is no denying that the fact the H-Scenes exist, though as I've stated before, the series has moved on from them as most non-anime Fate/ works are Rated T for Teens, while the anime adaptions are for mature audiences, and current manga and light novel projects like Foxtail, Strange Fake, and Requiem are for teen-young adults and don't do anything sexually explicit. The most for the sexual way of mana transfer is now-a-days, and kinda has been since EXTRA released, is that its something referenced to have happened off-screen or is just a reference to it and is nothing more than a passing mention. That said, it's clear the series has moved on from that, as can be seen with the fact its more commercially sell-able. I don't think its much of a big deal as the series has moved on, and its not like they'd even need to reference it in Smash, especially since we don't have anything like trophy descriptions anymore.

Its like if we held a stigma against Nintendo and buying their games because in the past they ran Love Hotels and what not, it'd be hypocritical of them to use that against Saber or anyone from the Fate/ series as a matter of fact, especially since its moved on from that since Type-Moon/Notes as a company no longer needs to rely on them to make sales. Plus I mean... not like the past of a person or company bothers Nintendo in the first place, since as discussed in the KOS-MOS thread, a lot of artist in Japan get started off as hentai/R18 artist before eventually making their way up to professional, proper work. This can be seen just with the fact of Xenoblade 2's artist for the main protagonist party was one and the same goes for various guest artist that drew rare blades you can resonate with through the core crystals. So while that's damning when it comes to our western culture, its really not that big of a deal in eastern culture.

So... I don't really think the H-Scenes can be held against any Fate/ character in general, especially since in Stay Night they weren't a majority of the content and were eventually removed from future releases after Hollow Ataraxia's were made to be optional, and were later removed in later releases.

Plus I mean... sure Tsukihime had them and was released before Stay Night, but Stay Night originally wasn't even going to have any H-Scenes before Nasu was essentially forced to write them because he got convinced to do so to help bolster sales... which as I said, Type-Moon/NOTES as a company no longer relies on such things and haven't done so in a long time since they've been really well. Plus I mean... if SEGA is willing to touch the series and make a whole Arcade spin-off and Capcom published Unlimited Codes all the way back in 2008, not even mentioning the rest of the games Artoria has cameo'd in... its clear the fact Stay Night had some H-Scenes aren't a problem at all.
Capcom has also had Fate crossover with Monster Hunter a bunch. To list them MH crossed with, Stay Night (VN), UBW (anime), Extella, Apocrypha, and Extella Link

SEGA has also had Phantasy Star cross with Fate a bunch as well. Stay Night crossed with PSO2, PSP2, and PSPi2. PSO2 also crossed with Kaleid Liner, UBW anime as well, and Hollow Ataraxia. PSO2 also had items from Mahoyo (Aoko's hair) and Kara no Kyoukai (Mystic Eyes of Death Perception), however they were bundled with the various Fate crossovers rather than being their own thing

SEGA also published Melty Blood Act-Cadenza and made the Arcade Cabinets for it. Remember Melty Blood is a spinoff of Tsukihime, a game that featured H-Scenes. Meaning SEGA was completely okay with this. On top of this, SEGA also made various MB figures

And SEGA announced the Canaan anime back in the day

Also, SEGA publishes F/Extella Link in China and some other territories iirc, along with ofc making FGO Arcade

Nintendo has also advertised Extella in a direct and on their channel. They advertised Ex Link on their channel as well

so I dont think anyone really cares about the H-Scenes at this point

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Bayo-poledancingasanattack-netta is okay for smash I see no issue with Saber.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
There’s versions of the visual novel without those specific scenes too. So it’s not like those scenes are important to Saber or her history.

Itsasomeone

Smash Rookie
There’s versions of the visual novel without those specific scenes too. So it’s not like those scenes are important to Saber or her history.
Good observation......and yet some people don't think that's good enough or that it doesn't change anything. They clearly just don't know what thier talking about or just hate the character or series.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Hey, everyone.

We just made a Saber For Smash page in Twitter, so if any of you had a Twitter account, please use the link below and follow the page to show your support for our King of Knights:
https://twitter.com/SaberForSmash

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Little known fact: Have a friend who loves Fate, tries to get me into the series, but fails. Why? Because we gambled PHP500 each to see if Saber got into Smash. If she makes it, they get the money. If Ultimate's lifespan ends and she doesn't get in? I take the money.

In fact, I'm gonna lose a thousand pesos if both Hatsune Miku and Saber got in.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Gonna throw in my support, just because I do like the Fate series, and here on Smashboards people really seem to hate it, so I'll spite them lmao.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone watched Episode 1 of FGO Babylonia anime yet?

I have recently watched it and it's looks pretty good so far. I mean, it's just the first episode but I'm liking the anime so far. Really hope that they keep it that way in future episodes.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I'd love to see Saber as a playable character.

Also slightly unrelated question:
Where do you watch the anime adaptations?
I've seen the first version of FSN, Carnival Phantasm, the first season of Illya, Zero, and The First Order movie.

Apocrypha and Last Encore are on my To Watch list and I've heard good things about the UBW anime.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989

I've seen the first version of FSN, Carnival Phantasm, the first season of Illya, Zero, and The First Order movie.

Apocrypha and Last Encore are on my To Watch list and I've heard good things about the UBW anime.
You can find Apocypha and Last Encore on Netflix. That said, remove Last Encore from the list and just watch an LP of Extra or get a PSP emulator and a ISO for it and play it yourself. Last Encore is just... not worth it, /ESPECIALLY/ if you have no knowledge of the actual EXTRA, you'll be left a confused mess either way, just on different levels.

That said, everything besides the two mentioned above can be found on VRV, which is 100% free you'll just have to deal with ads unless you go premium. So... DEEN Stay Night, UBW, Zero, all seasons of Illya, First Order, and Case Files. Plus there's also Garden of Sinners which takes place in the same universe as the Fate/ series. That said for the Heavens Feel movies I suggest just watching them on KissAnime, part 1 and 2 are currently out and the same goes for the Babylonia anime.

Speaking of which

I have recently watched it and it's looks pretty good so far. I mean, it's just the first episode but I'm liking the anime so far. Really hope that they keep it that way in future episodes.
Saw episode one, gotta say though there were sometimes which were pretty uncanny valley... especially with the CGI, I also feel like the characters themselves are a bit too... flat I guess is the way to describe it? I hope from that point it gets better for me, otherwise its looking good.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice

You can also download all of these in the highest quality through questionable means. Netflix has most of the important stuff, and Hulu has a lot of the stuff netflix doesnt have. Crunchyroll has a lot of the stuff as well (Including Garden of the Sinners, which is phenomenal)

Dont watch Last Encore unless youve finished the Extra PSP game. You can either play it on an emulator or watch a lets play on Youtube

The Prillya Movie and HF arent available to stream anywhere (officially) atm. So youd either have to go to an unofficial website, or like I said download them through strange means.

Babylonia is pretty sick. Im liking it a lot. Have you watched ep 0?
You can find Apocypha and Last Encore on Netflix. That said, remove Last Encore from the list and just watch an LP of Extra or get a PSP emulator and a ISO for it and play it yourself. Last Encore is just... not worth it, /ESPECIALLY/ if you have no knowledge of the actual EXTRA, you'll be left a confused mess either way, just on different levels.

That said, everything besides the two mentioned above can be found on VRV, which is 100% free you'll just have to deal with ads unless you go premium. So... DEEN Stay Night, UBW, Zero, all seasons of Illya, First Order, and Case Files. Plus there's also Garden of Sinners which takes place in the same universe as the Fate/ series. That said for the Heavens Feel movies I suggest just watching them on KissAnime, part 1 and 2 are currently out and the same goes for the Babylonia anime.

Speaking of which

Saw episode one, gotta say though there were sometimes which were pretty uncanny valley... especially with the CGI, I also feel like the characters themselves are a bit too... flat I guess is the way to describe it? I hope from that point it gets better for me, otherwise its looking good.
I also thought the designs looked flat. Takeuchi is the character designer for Camelot and Babylonia, however he has an assistant CD who adapts those designs into an anime format. The one for Babylonia messed up... Lol

Heres a comparison
Babylonia

Camelot

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
You can also download all of these in the highest quality through questionable means. Netflix has most of the important stuff, and Hulu has a lot of the stuff netflix doesnt have. Crunchyroll has a lot of the stuff as well (Including Garden of the Sinners, which is phenomenal)

Dont watch Last Encore unless youve finished the Extra PSP game. You can either play it on an emulator or watch a lets play on Youtube

The Prillya Movie and HF arent available to stream anywhere (officially) atm. So youd either have to go to an unofficial website, or like I said download them through strange means.

Babylonia is pretty sick. Im liking it a lot. Have you watched ep 0?

I also thought the designs looked flat. Takeuchi is the character designer for Camelot and Babylonia, however he has an assistant CD who adapts those designs into an anime format. The one for Babylonia messed up... Lol

Heres a comparison
Babylonia

Camelot
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that, now is Camelot also being made by CloverWorks or is it another studio? I doubt its Troyca or Ufotable since Troyca just finished El Melloi and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd get the green light for another season or two to finish the story up as there's still two arcs left, being one that majorly covers Gray's backstory and the actual end to the series. Then Ufotable is busy with Heavens Feel Pt 3. Since if it is being worked on Cloverworks, I question if its because of the lighting? Because Babylonia is taking place right now in pure daylight and I admit some of the night shots looked increasingly better (though this really shouldn't be an excuse for why they look so flat) or is it being of just a smaller budget? or is this just another case of CloverWorks having a shaky consistency of quality. Because they've made some good looking anime that I enjoy just looking at like Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and then there's... Persona 5 the animation... I don't think I need to touch /that/ for people understand the mess of quality that adaptation of Persona 5 is.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that, now is Camelot also being made by CloverWorks or is it another studio? I doubt its Troyca or Ufotable since Troyca just finished El Melloi and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd get the green light for another season or two to finish the story up as there's still two arcs left, being one that majorly covers Gray's backstory and the actual end to the series. Then Ufotable is busy with Heavens Feel Pt 3. Since if it is being worked on Cloverworks, I question if its because of the lighting? Because Babylonia is taking place right now in pure daylight and I admit some of the night shots looked increasingly better (though this really shouldn't be an excuse for why they look so flat) or is it being of just a smaller budget? or is this just another case of CloverWorks having a shaky consistency of quality. Because they've made some good looking anime that I enjoy just looking at like Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and then there's... Persona 5 the animation... I don't think I need to touch /that/ for people understand the mess of quality that adaptation of Persona 5 is.
Babylonia is being done by CloverWorks

Camelot is being done by Studio.MD (movie 1), and Production IG (movie 2)

The character designer for all of them is Takeuchi, but the person adapting his designs is different in between Camelot and Babylonia

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Babylonia is being done by CloverWorks

Camelot is being done by Studio.MD (movie 1), and Production IG (movie 2)

The character designer for all of them is Takeuchi, but the person adapting his designs is different in between Camelot and Babylonia
Signal.MD not Studio.MD actually from when I googled the studio names right now. Haven't seen any of Signal's works but I've seen a few of Production IG's and liked em, so I trust them with it. Even when considering the fact every studio besides like UFOTABLE in Japan hires freelancers so teams are very inconsistent.

That much is easy to tell though, at least Ms. Goddess Artoria has the correct eyecolor and what not.

D

Deleted member

Is Babylonia on what streaming service? Also, when are the Camelot movies going to air?

Top Bottom