• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
You know, if she were to be revealed, I want her reveal trailer to re-enact this scene:

Now, I don't know who would replace Shirou and Lancer in her reveal trailer, but I think it would be pretty cool to see.
Replace Shirou with Young Link and Lancer with Ike

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Yeah. That really proves that Sakurai doesn't care if there's too many swordfighters in the game, he does whatever he wants.

You know, I just had a thought. Since Dragon Quest is very popular in Japan and Banjo-Kazooie is very popular in the West, what if the last two DLC Fighters will be the same as well? One who is very popular in the West and the other who is very popular in Japan.

I'm just hoping that Saber gets in as the "very popular in Japan" character, since Fate is still very popular in Japan. As for the one who's very popular in the West...there are a lot of characters that are rather popular there, so I can't really pick on which one, but I do know that we're not getting more than one Western character in Smash.

What do you guys think?
I've honestly developed something of a gut feeling that Saber and Doomslayer will be our final characters, because they appeal to Japan and America almost the same way Hero and Banjo-Kazooie did (I say almost because I'm not sure how popular Doom in the East). It would make sense to kind of split things two-way with Joker being the character that equally appeals to both. Just a hunch on my part, I don't rate Saber's chances higher than 20% but would be ecstatic if she made it in.
You know, if she were to be revealed, I want her reveal trailer to re-enact this scene:

Now, I don't know who would replace Shirou and Lancer in her reveal trailer, but I think it would be pretty cool to see.
Definitely has to be something along the lines of being summoned into battle, also Ufotable needs to animate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
I've honestly developed something of a gut feeling that Saber and Doomslayer will be our final characters, because they appeal to Japan and America almost the same way Hero and Banjo-Kazooie did (I say almost because I'm not sure how popular Doom in the East). It would make sense to kind of split things two-way with Joker being the character that equally appeals to both. Just a hunch on my part, I don't rate Saber's chances higher than 20% but would be ecstatic if she made it in.

Definitely has to be something along the lines of being summoned into battle, also Ufotable needs to animate it.
That would be pretty cool if Ufotable were to animate her reveal trailer since that'll make her the second character with an animated reveal trailer, after Joker.

Also, for the music, who do you think would compose some of the Fate music? For me, I would like Yuki Kajiura to do another awesome remix of Sword of Promised Victory (the one in Fate/Zero was pretty cool, in my opinion).

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
That would be pretty cool if Ufotable were to animate her reveal trailer since that'll make her the second character with an animated reveal trailer, after Joker.

Also, for the music, who do you think would compose some of the Fate music? For me, I would like Yuki Kajiura to do another awesome remix of Sword of Promised Victory (the one in Fate/Zero was pretty cool, in my opinion).
James Harris is a likely candidate. He composed almost all if not all of the music in the Visual Novel (Stay Night) and I think Hollow Ataraxia as well

He also does a bunch of music for Extra, CCC, Extella, Link, FGO, etc.

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet

I think Male Corrin (if possible the Blue Alt) would function as Cu, while Pit would be Shirou, for reasons related to Dark Pit functioning as EMIYA.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Figured I should bump this board up a bit. Hope the summer is going well for you guys! Not really much to talk about, but I spent the last week of June watching the original Fate/Stay Night animated series. I really enjoyed it, and the later episodes felt like a roller coaster of emotions I truly felt like I was part of! It kinda wasn't the same with the first few episodes but still, it was quite an immersive experience and its something I won't forget anytime soon! With all that said, anyone know where should I go to next? Anything else to watch? Any games I should play maybe? Something else that may be worth taking a look at?

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Figured I should bump this board up a bit. Hope the summer is going well for you guys! Not really much to talk about, but I spent the last week of June watching the original Fate/Stay Night animated series. I really enjoyed it, and the later episodes felt like a roller coaster of emotions I truly felt like I was part of! It kinda wasn't the same with the first few episodes but still, it was quite an immersive experience and its something I won't forget anytime soon! With all that said, anyone know where should I go to next? Anything else to watch? Any games I should play maybe? Something else that may be worth taking a look at?
For animated series, I've recently watched Prisma Illya and it was pretty good, so if you want something different, then I recommend this one. It's basically a spin-off to the original Fate/stay night with Illya as the main protagonist instead of Shirou.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Saber for smash would be really great and i agree about for her reveal trailer that would be so cool

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
if you thought that was a roller coaster of emotions go read the visual novel you'll think its some next level ****

anyways if you strictly only want animated stuff go watch the oath under snow prisma illya movie. Its wild

also watch Kara no Kyoukai's 8.5 movies. Fate is part of a greater multiverse that fans call the Nasuverse (creator/writer of 90% of the stuff is named Kinoko Nasu so), Kara no Kyoukai/Garden of the Sinners is part of that multiverse.

KnK/Garden of the Sinners takes away servants and what not and focuses on a girl named Shiki Ryougi who is basically a supernatural detective. Because of a certain event she gains something called the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, they are eyes that allow her to see these things called the Lines of Death which exist in all things. People, Air, and even Time all have a Line of Death. If you cut the line the thing that you cut ceases to exist (it goes beyond pure killing).

You can find the movies on Crunchyroll (On it they're named Garden of the Sinners). The 5th movie is easily a 10/10 and is one of my personal favorite movies of all time, I couldn't recommend it enough and majority of people who have seen the movie all say the same thing. The movies are all animated by ufotable (The people who animated FSN/UBW, F/Zero, FSN/HF, etc.)

Also it has songs like this

Mystic_Eyes_v9.gif

Shiki_Rain_2.gif

Kara no Kyoukai/Garden of the Sinners really is something special

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks like it's not yet over for our King of Knights.

Apparently, there are more DLC Fighters to come after the pass. So if Saber is not the 5th DLC Fighter, then we still have a chance! Let us continue to fight for our king, boys!

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Seeing that announcement has me feeling renewed. I was heavily in belief that the Fighters Pass would be all we could possibly get, and boy was I happy to be proven wrong.

Our King's chances may still be low, but you never know what Fate may bring. Let us hope Masahiro Sakurai & co. approach TYPE-MOON with an offer they can't possibly refuse.

Last edited:

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I'd honestly be more surprised if she doesn't get in at this point, especially if she's not at least a Mii Costume like Sans w/Music (though I wholeheartedly believe that TYPE-MOON deserves to have an actual character in the game, along w/ a stage & music)

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
I'd honestly be more surprised if she doesn't get in at this point, especially if she's not at least a Mii Costume like Sans w/Music (though I wholeheartedly believe that TYPE-MOON deserves to have an actual character in the game, along w/ a stage & music)
That would be disappointing if they just made Saber a Mii Costume. I can understand Sans because he's an indie character. We're talking about an official video game character who is very popular in Japan and they just gonna have her as a Mii costume?

That would be BS, but I'll take it even if it means having a Fate representation in Smash. But I honestly think Saber deserves to be a playable fighter instead of a Mii costume.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
That would be disappointing if they just made Saber a Mii Costume. I can understand Sans because he's an indie character. We're talking about an official video game character who is very popular in Japan and they just gonna have her as a Mii costume?

That would be BS, but I'll take it even if it means having a Fate representation in Smash. But I honestly think Saber deserves to be a playable fighter instead of a Mii costume.
I agree. Saber DEFINITELY deserves to be a playable character in Smash. It wouldn't make sense if they got the license and then just use it to make a Mii Costume based on Saber. We all know that she is more than just a generic swordfighter.

The fact that we're getting more DLC Fighters outside the Fighter's Pass is what makes me think that Saber might have a shot in Smash and we still don't know how many DLC Fighters we're getting after the Fighter's Pass, so she still has a chance even if it's very low.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Saber DEFINITELY deserves to be a playable character in Smash. It wouldn't make sense if they got the license and then just use it to make a Mii Costume based on Saber. We all know that she is more than just a generic swordfighter.

The fact that we're getting more DLC Fighters outside the Fighter's Pass is what makes me think that Saber might have a shot in Smash and we still don't know how many DLC Fighters we're getting after the Fighter's Pass, so she still has a chance even if it's very low.
Hey, if we're getting the likes of Hero and even Terry Bogard into Smash, what's really stopping Saber from getting in?

Plus I've heard TYPE-MOON had a new game studio called Studio BB, so if they make a new Fate game on the Switch or port Realta Nua into the Switch, then that might be a good opportunity to include Saber to promote those games.

Sh4d0wGaM3RDX

Smash Rookie
Hello.

I fully support Saber in Smash. The Fate series is massively popular in Japan and if Dragon Quest made it in, then I don't see any reason why Fate shouldn't be in Smash.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
So, I went ahead and check Studio BB's website. While it is all in Japanese, I manage to translate some of the words there, but there's one tidbit of information there that I find interesting.

Apparently, they're going to develop a small scale 2D games in-house and mid-to-large scale 3D games in collaboration with other third-party developers. Although, they are currently recruiting staff members at the moment.

I'm really looking forward as to what games they're gonna make in the future, especially these 3D games with other third-party developers. And if they can somehow collaborate with Nintendo, then I guess we're one step closer to Saber's inclusion in Smash.

Last edited:

Starch

Smash Rookie
If Saber DLC does well enough in the west, I can possibly see TYPE-MOON at least consider releasing the original Fate/Stay Night visual novel to the west as most likely a Switch port (either uncensored or the Realta Nua version).

Last edited:

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
So, I went ahead and check Studio BB's website. While it is all in Japanese, I manage to translate some of the words there, but there's one tidbit of information there that I find interesting.

Apparently, they're going to develop a small scale 2D games in-house and mid-to-large scale 3D games in collaboration with other third-party developers. Although, they are currently recruiting staff members at the moment.

I'm really looking forward as to what games they're gonna make in the future, especially these 3D games with other third-party developers. And if they can somehow collaborate with Nintendo, then I guess we're one step closer to Saber's inclusion in Smash.
It'd be cool if Extra and CCC we're remade/remastered for the Switch using Extella Link models

Seeing as the studio's name is "Studio BB" and the guy at the helm of it is the same guy who directed Extra (and I think CCC?), I wouldn't be surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised to see said remaster/remake make it to the Switch for more reasons than one

What I really want though is a game that centers on Archer, focusing on his unseen timeline. Have the game be developed by Platinum and start from the end of the 5th HGW, and end at the moment when he becomes a Counter Guardian. If it does well enough you could even have the sequel start at him being a counter guardian, hating it and ending up getting summoned into the UBW route, and ending off with the final scene of him in the UBW route

If Saber DLC does well enough in the west, I can possibly see TYPE-MOON at least consider releasing the original Fate/Stay Night visual novel to the west as most likely a Switch port (either uncensored or the Realta Nua).
It'd be super sick if they actually gave us the game in English. Fun Fact, the Material Books for it (Basically big ass full color lore books) are in English in the case of the first two and being translated to English officially in the case of the last 3 atm.

Its really funny honestly, we have official translations of a lore book for a game we aren't even supposed to know exists

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as the studio's name is "Studio BB" and the guy at the helm of it is the same guy who directed Extra (and I think CCC?), I wouldn't be surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised to see said remaster/remake make it to the Switch for more reasons than one
He also directed Etrian Odyssey and Dragon Quest Builders. He recently left Square Enix for this.

If Saber DLC does well enough in the west, I can possibly see TYPE-MOON at least consider releasing the original Fate/Stay Night visual novel to the west as most likely a Switch port (either uncensored or the Realta Nua).
I'm pretty sure she would do well in the West due to FGO's popularity there. But I gotta admit, there might be some people out there who outright hate the character not just because she's another swordfighter in the game, but because they consider Fate an anime series (I can't really blame them, the VN wasn't released there so they assume it's an anime series).

Last edited:

Sh4d0wGaM3RDX

Smash Rookie
If Saber were to be revealed, where do you think they'll put her in the "Everyone is Here!" mural? And what pose do you think she'll do?

I'm curious about your opinions about this.

Starch

Smash Rookie
If Saber were to be revealed, where do you think they'll put her in the "Everyone is Here!" mural? And what pose do you think she'll do?

I'm curious about your opinions about this.
I would say in between Snake and Piranha Plant where she places her sword down as a pose.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
He also directed Etrian Odyssey and Dragon Quest Builders. He recently left Square Enix for this.

I'm pretty sure she would do well in the West due to FGO's popularity there. But I gotta admit, there might be some people out there who outright hate the character not just because she's another swordfighter in the game, but because they consider Fate an anime series (I can't really blame them, the VN wasn't released there so they assume it's an anime series).
He also was an assistant director for FFXIV a Realm Reborn

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Have ya'll seen this? Apparently someone on 2ch got some data on each regions most wanted characters. If it's true, that'd be great for us

1568163457713.png

Last edited:

Starch

Smash Rookie
Have ya'll seen this? Apparently someone on 2ch got some data on each regions most wanted characters. If it's true, that'd be great for us

View attachment 237771
I'm taking this with a grain of salt mainly because it's possible that this could more or less be faked to get a certain result because 2ch, and also that we have no essential evidence for the data itself like the number of votes or even its sources.

Troykv

Smash Master
I can never take completely seriously 2ch, but hey, it's quite interesting a character like Altria appears here.

Artix

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 237771
I feel like this is completely fake. I mean, I don't completely trust 2ch at all, even if they say they had the data for this.

Still, it's quite refreshing to see Saber on the list even if it's fake. Though, I expected someone like Lloyd or Bandana Dee to take the number one spot in JP, since they're like the highly requested characters.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 237771
To be honest, I find it hard to believe that Saber is #1 in JP, especially since there's Lloyd, Bandana Dee, Monster Hunter and Sora just below her and one of them might be #1 instead of her. The US poll is quite accurate...except for Dovahkiin and Tracer.

The EU one is quite surprising to say the least. Like Ezio, for example. Also, Geralt is in there for some reason...

Oh, so when it comes to Geralt, nobody complain about him being a non-video game character (The Witcher series was originally a book series), but when it comes to Saber, everyone were like "Oh, she's not a video game character. There's no way they're gonna put her in Smash."?!

I don't get these people sometimes...

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
To be honest, I find it hard to believe that Saber is #1 in JP, especially since there's Lloyd, Bandana Dee, Monster Hunter and Sora just below her and one of them might be #1 instead of her. The US poll is quite accurate...except for Dovahkiin and Tracer.
Don't sleep on Dovahkiin, he's more likely than you'd think xP

But yeah, what really set the red flags on this poll was Crash not ranking in the top 10 for here in the US and no Bandana Dee in the western rankings at all, when Crash is huge here as well and both East and West really want Bandana Dee.

Starch

Smash Rookie
Yep, just as I thought. It's fake. (Also I'm in this video apparently.)

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Yep, just as I thought. It's fake. (Also I'm in this video apparently.)
Yeah, I knew it. There's no way Saber is #1 in the JP poll. If this is the most wanted character poll, Lloyd or Bandana Dee would have been on the top of the list as they are highly requested. I could almost see Saber making it in here, but not at the top.

Still, there were some people (at least on that video's comment section) who were interested to see Saber in Smash, so if anything, this fake poll actually helped us get more supporters for Saber.

Oh, so when it comes to Geralt, nobody complain about him being a non-video game character (The Witcher series was originally a book series), but when it comes to Saber, everyone were like "Oh, she's not a video game character. There's no way they're gonna put her in Smash."?!

I don't get these people sometimes...
Well, to be fair, Geralt is in almost the same situation as Saber. He originated in a book series, but the video game series was more well-known to most people, so I can see a lot of people assuming he's a video game character.

Same could be said to Saber. She originated in a visual novel (which we count as a game), but the anime adaptation was more well-known so most people would assume she's an anime character.

At least, Saber started out as a video game character and she is able to enter Smash because of it.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I knew it. There's no way Saber is #1 in the JP poll. If this is the most wanted character poll, Lloyd or Bandana Dee would have been on the top of the list as they are highly requested. I could almost see Saber making it in here, but not at the top.

Still, there were some people (at least on that video's comment section) who were interested to see Saber in Smash, so if anything, this fake poll actually helped us get more supporters for Saber.

Well, to be fair, Geralt is in almost the same situation as Saber. He originated in a book series, but the video game series was more well-known to most people, so I can see a lot of people assuming he's a video game character.

Same could be said to Saber. She originated in a visual novel (which we count as a game), but the anime adaptation was more well-known so most people would assume she's an anime character.

At least, Saber started out as a video game character and she is able to enter Smash because of it.
Yeah i've seen a lot of Saber supporters come out of nowhere after said poll was made

So I guess it had a positive effect at the very least

D

Deleted member

I know I haven't posted in here since, like, forever but since I'm actually posting in the forums for now, I think I'll just say that I plan on updating the OP as it's heavily in need of some reworking.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad you're back, man. I also like how you change the title but why The King of Heroes? Isn't that Gilgamesh's title or something?

It should have been The King of Knights.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad you're back, man. I also like how you change the title but why The King of Heroes? Isn't that Gilgamesh's title or something?

It should have been The King of Knights.
Not a man

But also, whoops, I always get their titles confused I mean, uh, you saw nothing!

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So... I know I had an embarrassing mishap on this thread prior, but after acquainting myself more with the series and all that, read the visual novel (forget what version though) and Hollow Ataraxia, the anime adaptations, played extra (and watched ZVN's translated Gil route for CCC) Extella and Link as well, and sold my F2P soul to FGO... I'm up for the King of Knights joining the roster.

I know I saw earlier something about alternate costumes, personally I don't think she'd have anything like Lily, Mordred, or Nero as alts, I think she'd probably just have her and Salter with four separate costumes each or alternatively: normal Artoria, Salter, and then Arthur. That said, as Joker showed off the alternate doesn't need to have an equal amount of costumes as the normal costume, so it could be like: 4 Artoria, 2 Salter, 2 Arthur, or it's split up-between Artoria in her armor and then her casual wear, then you have the other two I mentioned. I'm only saying this because I doubt they'd make a design for Arthur Alter just for two slots of a Smash Bros. costume.

I'm saying Arthur because when there's usually a male and female version of a character available, Sakurai and his team usually make them the alts, I also think Salter would just be too good/easy to pass up on.

That said, I feel like they'd probably make Shirou a "background" character like how Red/Leaf are for Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle. (that said this idea I'm about to propose is only if Shirou acts like that, because I can very well see the possibility where they make both him and Saber playable in the same character slot, with Shirou probably having to take some abilities EMIYA shows off in Extra, CCC, Extella, Link, and FGO to fill out his own movset.) if it's like that, I feel like the alternate costume could also affect the "master" who appears in the background, Shirou Emiya with regular Artoria alts, Ayaka Sajyou with Arthur alts, As someone who'd personally want to have the Ritsukas and Hakunos be Mii Costumes at the very least in this scenario, and be actual "characters" later on if the Fate/ series gets more reps and returns to Smash Bros with their own servants (AKA Mashu and then Nero, Tamamo, and Nameless... that said, if for example... Rin and EMIYA became an assist trophy, I'd imagine in that scenario, Nameless would be replaced by either Gilgamesh, Altera or Charlemagne, I'd like to say Gil because class diversity, but due to waifu-ism I could very well see Altera taking that spot. Then an even bigger doubt is to reveal the Berserker class servant Hakuno had in CCC if they go Gil route, most speculate this to be Enkidu, but that hasn't been confirmed so it's probably best not to do that), Salter would probably have to have Sakura Matou in the background for her alts, either normal or dark, probably dark, but... who knows.

I feel like spirits would be handled as to how Xenoblade 2's are, so... the spirit would be of the master, but their servant would be an extra opponent to fight within the battle itself, though I do feel like some exceptions would be made, like Xenoblade 2's spirits, where some servants would have their very own spirit fights, probably Gilgamesh and Sasaki Kojiro due to their abnormal situations/status in Stay Night, that or Gil gets tied to a Kirei spirit and Cu gets his own, or you tie Cu to Bazett in that scenario and Angra gets his own separate spirit.

That said, I do think all of the servants would have stage background cameos like how the Phantom Thieves do in Mementos, Yggdrasil has its own, and then how Banjo and Kazooie's friends do in Spiral Mountain alongside Gruntilda and a standard enemy.

I don't know if there's a common consensus on what the Fate/ stage would be, but I assume like how the other visual novel rep threads have on here have, think a travelling stage is definitely in the realms of possibility, in which in this case, would most likely be Fuyuki City.

Troykv

Smash Master
Not a man

But also, whoops, I always get their titles confused I mean, uh, you saw nothing!
Yeah I get it, Heroes and Knights at times sounds similar in the overall meaning they convey.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
So... I know I had an embarrassing mishap on this thread prior, but after acquainting myself more with the series and all that, read the visual novel (forget what version though) and Hollow Ataraxia, the anime adaptations, played extra (and watched ZVN's translated Gil route for CCC) Extella and Link as well, and sold my F2P soul to FGO... I'm up for the King of Knights joining the roster.

I know I saw earlier something about alternate costumes, personally I don't think she'd have anything like Lily, Mordred, or Nero as alts, I think she'd probably just have her and Salter with four separate costumes each or alternatively: normal Artoria, Salter, and then Arthur. That said, as Joker showed off the alternate doesn't need to have an equal amount of costumes as the normal costume, so it could be like: 4 Artoria, 2 Salter, 2 Arthur, or it's split up-between Artoria in her armor and then her casual wear, then you have the other two I mentioned. I'm only saying this because I doubt they'd make a design for Arthur Alter just for two slots of a Smash Bros. costume.

I'm saying Arthur because when there's usually a male and female version of a character available, Sakurai and his team usually make them the alts, I also think Salter would just be too good/easy to pass up on.

That said, I feel like they'd probably make Shirou a "background" character like how Red/Leaf are for Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle. (that said this idea I'm about to propose is only if Shirou acts like that, because I can very well see the possibility where they make both him and Saber playable in the same character slot, with Shirou probably having to take some abilities EMIYA shows off in Extra, CCC, Extella, Link, and FGO to fill out his own movset.) if it's like that, I feel like the alternate costume could also affect the "master" who appears in the background, Shirou Emiya with regular Artoria alts, Ayaka Sajyou with Arthur alts, As someone who'd personally want to have the Ritsukas and Hakunos be Mii Costumes at the very least in this scenario, and be actual "characters" later on if the Fate/ series gets more reps and returns to Smash Bros with their own servants (AKA Mashu and then Nero, Tamamo, and Nameless... that said, if for example... Rin and EMIYA became an assist trophy, I'd imagine in that scenario, Nameless would be replaced by either Gilgamesh, Altera or Charlemagne, I'd like to say Gil because class diversity, but due to waifu-ism I could very well see Altera taking that spot. Then an even bigger doubt is to reveal the Berserker class servant Hakuno had in CCC if they go Gil route, most speculate this to be Enkidu, but that hasn't been confirmed so it's probably best not to do that), Salter would probably have to have Sakura Matou in the background for her alts, either normal or dark, probably dark, but... who knows.

I feel like spirits would be handled as to how Xenoblade 2's are, so... the spirit would be of the master, but their servant would be an extra opponent to fight within the battle itself, though I do feel like some exceptions would be made, like Xenoblade 2's spirits, where some servants would have their very own spirit fights, probably Gilgamesh and Sasaki Kojiro due to their abnormal situations/status in Stay Night, that or Gil gets tied to a Kirei spirit and Cu gets his own, or you tie Cu to Bazett in that scenario and Angra gets his own separate spirit.

That said, I do think all of the servants would have stage background cameos like how the Phantom Thieves do in Mementos, Yggdrasil has its own, and then how Banjo and Kazooie's friends do in Spiral Mountain alongside Gruntilda and a standard enemy.

I don't know if there's a common consensus on what the Fate/ stage would be, but I assume like how the other visual novel rep threads have on here have, think a travelling stage is definitely in the realms of possibility, in which in this case, would most likely be Fuyuki City.
I actually like the idea of having Shirou in the background a la Pokemon Trainer. If that's the case, then I suppose she can have the Command Seals as her Down-B.

Now, I'm not sure how the Command Seals work in Smash. In my mind, it's going to be like Hero's Hocus Pocus just without the negative effects and can only be used 3 times, but I'm pretty sure someone out here might have a better idea than this. Plus, the Command Seals usage might show up in Saber's HUD like Joker's Rebellion Gauge and Hero's MP Meter or it might show up as you use it like Banjo's Wonderwing.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I actually like the idea of having Shirou in the background a la Pokemon Trainer. If that's the case, then I suppose she can have the Command Seals as her Down-B.

Now, I'm not sure how the Command Seals work in Smash. In my mind, it's going to be like Hero's Hocus Pocus just without the negative effects and can only be used 3 times, but I'm pretty sure someone out here might have a better idea than this. Plus, the Command Seals usage might show up in Saber's HUD like Joker's Rebellion Gauge and Hero's MP Meter or it might show up as you use it like Banjo's Wonderwing.
I'd imagine command seals might take some effects of how they can be used in Link's multiplayer and single player alongside what they can do in FGO. That said, I have no idea how the UI might be for selecting what command the seal does would look like as you can't just have it plaster over the entire screen, so... might have to make a Fate/ version of Hero's spell selection. I also question if it'd be three per stock or three per game, especially considering what I feel like the command seals would be.

That said, one of the options Link has for its command spell usage is teleport, so... I feel like this would be basically a better version of Hero's zoom, allowing Artoria to teleport back to the stage almost instantly. Then like how it can in FGO, I feel like healing could also be an option, that said not all of the damage, but a decent amount of it. Then I imagine if Final Smash Meter was on, also like in FGO, it can be used to fill the meter up, but again... not fully, but a decent amount, that said with Final Smash Meter off, this would probably be replaced with a power boost, depending on how they work it could be a boost for the entire match or just that stock it was used for. I suppose a fourth possibility is have a counter (if it hasn't been decided she has one already) to be a reference that one time in Extra where you have the ability to use a command seal to reveal all of a servant's actions for that entire fight... that said it's pretty useless... like how it is in that fight since you aren't required to use it.

Now, I know this final usage I'm about to talk about would probably cause competitive players to rage... (though I only propose this if commands seals are by match and not by stock) but like how if you keep all three command seals in FGO (and kinda like Link, but in that it only requires one) and your servant is down... you can sacrifice all three command seals to revive them and fill up their NP meter and have them have full health. So... basically, if you don't use all three the entire match and you manage to lose all your stocks, you may have a brief period of time where you can just revive, gain one stock, 0%, and if smash meter is on... maybe have a full meter or half a meter. I think you can see why this would piss off the competitive scene, since basically all matches would consist of the hypothetical Artoria player having the stock advantage if they're always even with their opponent or can drag a match into something like sudden death, etc. etc. though this is only if they don't take advantage of other buffs and what not the command seals could provide, but... I think they probably would just be vanilla Artoria to abuse that, unless they sabotage Artoria to where she needs those buffs to be viable as a character, which is something I hope they wouldn't do, if this is a thing that can be done, which is why I hope it isn't a thing that would be able to be done.

That said, it would be entirely useless in a time match, so... wouldn't even be able to be done there. Also, in Home Run Contest, it would probably only allow you to do power boosts, maybe could be stacked, maybe not.

I'm sure they could probably "make-up" some new utility for the command seals to be used, but I kinda like what I've proposed as a stream-lined version of them for Smash uses, that said I think they could best be used as per-stock usages like Banjo and Kazooie's Wonder-Wing, but if they'd have a /tremendous/ effect it might be better for them to be per-match, but I feel like if it's something like... five stocks or eight stocks, etc. etc. per-stock just makes more sense since if it was per-match, you probably would've used them all up by your third or second stock lost.

Top Bottom