• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt they would ever go after a protagonist over a mascot, especially if that mascot is more popular. Besides, Sakurai has no problem adding another swordfighter in Smash. I mean, we have Roy, Cloud and Corrin in the last game as DLC and in Ultimate, we have Chrom. Why not add one more?
It'd be Mascot first Protagonist second

Example, Pokemon. Pikachu got in wayyy before Red and Red is the protagonist of the original Red and Blue

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I highly doubt they would ever go after a protagonist over a mascot, especially if that mascot is more popular. Besides, Sakurai has no problem adding another swordfighter in Smash. I mean, we have Roy, Cloud and Corrin in the last game as DLC and in Ultimate, we have Chrom. Why not add one more?
I just think that Chrom being cut for Robin makes it obvious he's trying to have less swords.

I also believe Reggie said that they wanted characters that bring new playstyles to smash.

Chrom was only added since he was highly requested.

If they make Saber super different like Corrin and Cloud then it's perfectly fine though. She just needs to be original in her playstyle, unlike Chrom would've been if added to Smash 4 as his own "unique" character.

I still think Saber would be likely as the FSN rep, and I think overall FSN is likely to get a rep, as according to the sales list that was posted earlier, the only high selling series before FSN that could have a character that could even work in smash are Halo and Resident Evil.

D

Deleted member

I just think that Chrom being cut for Robin makes it obvious he's trying to have less swords.

I also believe Reggie said that they wanted characters that bring new playstyles to smash.

Chrom was only added since he was highly requested.

If they make Saber super different like Corrin and Cloud then it's perfectly fine though. She just needs to be original in her playstyle, unlike Chrom would've been if added to Smash 4 as his own "unique" character.

I still think Saber would be likely as the FSN rep, and I think overall FSN is likely to get a rep, as according to the sales list that was posted earlier, the only high selling series before FSN that could have a character that could even work in smash are Halo and Resident Evil.
Robin still has a sword and the reason they were chosen over Chrom was because Sakurai couldn't think of an original moveset that didn't feel like a mix between Marth and Ike for him.
Saber's fughting style is much more refined, professional and noble, she fights like a true fantasy knight would and the closest we have to that is Link but his moveset is much more aggresive and clearly unprofessional than what one would be.
Not to mention wind magic isn't something really explored with Smash fighters.

BAEber

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I just joined Smash Boards to say that I really want Saber, aka Altria Pendragon, to be in Smash Ultimate. I do not care if there are already enough sword users. Thank you for your time.

EXCALIBUR!!!!!!! :4miisword:

D

Deleted member

I made this for the "Create a Classic mode" thread so might as well post it here
Saber's Classic Mode
Battle for the Holy Grail
All battles starting in stage 2 are team-based with Saber being assisted by :ultpit:. Every character represents a Servant and their Master. All stages are night-time stages, representing how all the fights in F/SN take place during night.
Stage 1: vs. blue :ultcorrin:(Lancer) on Gamer.
Stage 2: vs. :ultsheik:(Rider) and :ultwario:(Shinji) on Fourside.
Stage 3: vs. :ultgreninja:(Assassin), dark :ultzelda:(Caster) and :ultryu:(Souchirou) on Dracula's Castle.
Stage 4: vs. red :ultdarkpit:(Archer) and red :ultrobin:(Rin) on Bridge of Eldin.
Stage 5: vs. :ultganondorf:(Berserker) and :ultisabelle:(Illya) on Luigi's Mansion.
Stage 6: vs. yellow :ultgnw:(Gilgamesh, the oldest "Hero") and black :ultrichter:(Kotomine) on Final Destination
Final Boss: Marx, the one boss to so perfectly represent the Eldritch Horror that is the Grail.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I was bored yesterday and thought up some Spirit battles using the Stay Night cast.

Shirou Emiya: Novice, :ultpit:colour 3, Battlefield Onett
-The enemy has increased attack power
Archer: Advanced, :ultdarkpit:colour 3, Midgar
-The enemy prefers neutral specials
-The enemy has increased movement speed
Rin Tohsaka: Novice, :ultrobin:colour 8, Tomodachi Life
-The enemy's magic attacks have increased power
Sakura Matou: Advanced, :ultcorrin:colour 6, Gamer
-The enemy prefers special attacks
-The enemy has increased attack power at high damage

Shinji Matou: Novice, :ultchrom:colour 3, Omega Wrecking Crew
-The enemy is very fast and can't stop quickly
-The enemy has increased attack power when at high damage
Kirei Kotomine: Legend, :ultrichter:colour 6, Omega Dracula's Castle
-Stamina battle
-The enemy's special moves have increased power
-The enemy's Final Smash charges quickly
Berserker: Legend, :ultbowser:colour 5, Battlefield Find Mii
-Stamina battle
-The enemy has super armour and is hard to launch or make flinch
-The enemy starts the battle with an Ore Club
-The enemy is giant

Rider: Ace, :ultzss:colour 4, Umbra Clock Tower
-The enemy's air attacks have increased power
-The enemy side special has increased power

Caster: Advanced, :ultzelda:colour 6, Suzaku Castle
-The enemy's magic attacks have increased power
-The enemy starts the battle with a Death's Scythe
-Reinforcements will appear during the battle (:ultgreninja:colour 8 with a Killing Edge)

Lancer: Ace, :ultsonic: colour 3, Midgar
-The enemy can unleash powerful critical hits at random
-The enemy starts the battle with a Staff

True Assassin: Ace,:ultsheik: colour 6, Battlefield Spear Pillar
-The enemy's neutral special has increased power
-The enemy is occasionally invisible

Dark Sakura: Legend, :ultdarksamus:colour 6 & :ultlucina: colour 7, Omega Fourside
-Timed Stamina Battle
-The enemy is damaged but has increased attack power
-The enemy starts the battle with a Rage Blaster

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like what you did with Pit lol
He's an "archer" with double blades, a white color palette, an arsenal of weapons at his disposal and a dark version of himself. Sakurai basically handled it to me on a silver platter.

And then there's the third Dark Pit color. Black robes with a red scarf

Which also just so happens to be the only one where his skin tone is darkened.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
He's an "archer" with double blades, a white color palette, an arsenal of weapons at his disposal and a dark version of himself. Sakurai basically handled it to me on a silver platter.

And then there's the third Dark Pit color. Black robes with a red scarf

Which also just so happens to be the only one where his skin tone is darkened.
If only he had white hair...

But really, UBW would be such a badass Final Smash. I hope at some point Shirou or Archer get in. But baby steps lol

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please make sure when you post to add something substantial. Likewise, these threads are for character support, not bashing. It doesn't mean you can't put out a view explaining your thoughts on why you don't believe a character fits. That can certainly create constructive discussion too.

amageish

Smash Master
Hello!

So, I've been playing Fate/Extra for the first time lately and would like to show my support!

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
just do it, I've already watched Presage Flower like 20 times it's so good ugh
Wtf someone else like me lol I watched it 8 or 9 times

Ive seen UBW however a clean 16 or 17 times

And I wanna rewatch Lost Butterfly multiple times but the ****ers wont release it on bluray soon enough lol. That movie was sick and I refuse to see it on camcorder quality

So, did anyone else go see Lost Butterfly? Cause man was that good but depressing as all hell.
If youre depressed now youre gonna be really sad for like a month post pt 3

Damn the finale of heavens feel is sad

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Wtf someone else like me lol I watched it 8 or 9 times

Ive seen UBW however a clean 16 or 17 times

And I wanna rewatch Lost Butterfly multiple times but the ****ers wont release it on bluray soon enough lol. That movie was sick and I refuse to see it on camcorder quality

If youre depressed now youre gonna be really sad for like a month post pt 3

Damn the finale of heavens feel is sad
HF is my favourite route by far lol, can never get enough Sakura.
Yeah same, hopefully the Bluray release will be here before summer at least, the thought of watching a camcorder version makes me puke.
Hit me with all the depression, it's why I love this route so much more than the others.

Oh I also had a new idea for a stage for Saber; a travelling stage called City of Fuyuki. It'd take you each of the three protagonist's houses as well as the Holy Church, and then finish on the nighttime rooftop Rin and Archer stand on in the prologue.

Starch

Smash Rookie
Hello I would like to show my support for Saber being in Smash

Last edited:

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Never heard much of Fate at the moment. But Saber’s design and move set potential puts her in my most wanted list. I support.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Okay, now that DLC characters comes with their own Classic Mode and DLC Spirits, what Fate characters would you want as DLC Spirits that will come alongside Saber?

Mine will be the original Fate/stay night servants plus Shiro and Rin. Would be nice if they also use character from other Fate series like Extra or hell even FGO.

yonishi

Smash Rookie
Okay, now that DLC characters comes with their own Classic Mode and DLC Spirits, what Fate characters would you want as DLC Spirits that will come alongside Saber?
Probably fsn servants with shirou, rin and maybe sakura. As well as other servants that are probably more recognized in the fate series such as mashu, tamamo, altera, nero, jeanne, and others.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice

Mine will be the original Fate/stay night servants plus Shiro and Rin. Would be nice if they also use character from other Fate series like Extra or hell even FGO.
Stay Night servants would be a shoe in. They're the original, the most popular, and the most well regarded. Nobody has a problem with them and everyone knows them. Not only that but it's the only part of the series that people wouldn't go "But x should've been picked over that! That part of the verse is way better!" since again, most people have no problems with Stay Night

Outside of that I guess Extella & Link should get a Spirit because they are the most well known part of the verse thats on a Nintendo console (Kaelid is on the DS but we don't talk about that)

For Extella and Link I think Altera and Charlemange should be top priority as Spirits since they are the poster children of those games. Tamamo and Nero would be nice as well.

And im sure FGO would get a few spirits, I mean it is arguably more known than Stay Night. Mashu, Scathach, Jalter, King Hassan, Arthur, Cu Alter, Mordred, Okita, Nobu, Ozy, and Raikou would be obvious picks since those are the fan favorites (excluding people from the Stay Night category obviously)

Other than that idk. But thats asking for a lot of Spirits, so realistically I only think the Stay Night crew would get in as Spirits if Artoria (or Shirou or Archer) were to get added into the game

D

Deleted member

Considering how Persona didn't even get P3 and P4 Spirits despite the music being in, I think it'd be reserved for FSN characters.
-Saber(Fighter Spirit)
-Saber Alter(Alt Fighter Spirit)
-Lancer
-Archer
-Caster
-Berserker
-Rider
-Fake Assassin
-Shirou Emiya
-Rin Tohsaka
-Gilgamesh
-True Assassin
-Kotomine Kirei
-Sakura Matou(enhanceable at Lv.99)

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Now that both The Hero from Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie are revealed as the second and third DLC respectively, this means that there's only two slots left.

So what do you guys think? Does Saber still has a chance to get in or not?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Okay. Now that both The Hero from Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie are revealed as the second and third DLC respectively, this means that there's only two slots left.

So what do you guys think? Does Saber still has a chance to get in or not?
At this point, I don't know what to expect anymore. Unless Sakurai wants to avoid more swords. But then he just added four more (three via skins lol).

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
At this point, I don't know what to expect anymore. Unless Sakurai wants to avoid more swords. But then he just added four more (three via skins lol).
Yeah. That really proves that Sakurai doesn't care if there's too many swordfighters in the game, he does whatever he wants.

You know, I just had a thought. Since Dragon Quest is very popular in Japan and Banjo-Kazooie is very popular in the West, what if the last two DLC Fighters will be the same as well? One who is very popular in the West and the other who is very popular in Japan.

I'm just hoping that Saber gets in as the "very popular in Japan" character, since Fate is still very popular in Japan. As for the one who's very popular in the West...there are a lot of characters that are rather popular there, so I can't really pick on which one, but I do know that we're not getting more than one Western character in Smash.

What do you guys think?

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Heyo! I'm a bit new here, but I'd like to request to join the supporter list for Saber! While I'd truthfully prefer Archer over her, I still think Artoria has the potential to be a very unique breed of swordfighter, potentially using Invisible Air, Rhongomyniad, etc, which is why I wish to support her.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Heyo! I'm a bit new here, but I'd like to request to join the supporter list for Saber! While I'd truthfully prefer Archer over her, I still think Artoria has the potential to be a very unique breed of swordfighter, potentially using Invisible Air, Rhongomyniad, etc, which is why I wish to support her.
man
Tracing would be such a cool mechanic

UBW would be such a raw final smash

and another remix of his theme would be sick as well

honestly, I could see him getting in as he's the male face of the franchise and is an original character. I don't think Saber being King Arthur would mean anything on a licensing level, but if it would Archer is an original character therefore he shouldn't have any issues at all

Anyways back to Saber, I think her chances are still pretty good, she's one of the most known characters in Japan and has a massive following. Outside of Japan she's well known as well (although her recognition isn't nearly the same outside as it is domestically)

Artix

Smash Journeyman
man
Tracing would be such a cool mechanic

UBW would be such a raw final smash

and another remix of his theme would be sick as well
Yeah, a remix of UBW would be dope, alongside Sword of Promised Victory.

By the way, since Saber is a generic name, do you think they'll gave her the same treatment they did for DQ Hero? Like getting other Saberfaces as pallete swaps?

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
By the way, since Saber is a generic name, do you think they'll gave her the same treatment they did for DQ Hero? Like getting other Saberfaces as pallete swaps?
I...don't think so?

I mean, it might make sense for Alter and Lily since they're literally the same person (although Alter using the original Excalibur as a Final Smash instead of Excalibur Morgan would feel a little weird. Same goes for Lily since she's using Caliburn instead of Excalibur), but unlike The Hero, most of the Saber-class Servants have different fighting styles and thus they would feel weird using Artoria's movesets (maybe Nero would work, but she's better off as an Echo Fighter instead).

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
I think, if anything, Artoria would just get her alternate forms, and their Alter versions as alts. My thoughts were that it would be something like this:
P1 - Artoria (Default)
P2 - Saber Alter
P3 - Goddess Rhongomyniad
P4 - Lancer Alter
P5 - Mysterious Heroine X (As shown with Artoria's MHX costume in Extella, they're willing to do this)
P6 - MHXA
P7 - Saber Lily
P8 - Probably Summer Artoria(?)

Starch

Smash Rookie
What characters do you think would fit as a Mii costume (Since Joker's DLC comes along with Persona Mii costumes)? Personally, I feel that FGO's Ritsuka Fujimaru original outfit would fit as a Mii Brawler costume

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
What characters do you think would fit as a Mii costume (Since Joker's DLC comes along with Persona Mii costumes)? Personally, I feel that FGO's Ritsuka Fujimaru original outfit would fit as a Mii Brawler costume
I think the other Servants from F/SN would be great, such Kojirou and Herc as Swordfighters and EMIYA, Gil and Medea as Gunners (though they'd function just as well as Swordfighters). For Gudako/Gudao/Ritsuka, I honestly think Gunner might be better, as they are magi, after all.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I...don't think so?

I mean, it might make sense for Alter and Lily since they're literally the same person (although Alter using the original Excalibur as a Final Smash instead of Excalibur Morgan would feel a little weird. Same goes for Lily since she's using Caliburn instead of Excalibur), but unlike The Hero, most of the Saber-class Servants have different fighting styles and thus they would feel weird using Artoria's movesets (maybe Nero would work, but she's better off as an Echo Fighter instead).
IIRC some of the "Hero" pallet swaps arent supposed to have a Shield yet they have one, so I don't think that the weapon thing would be an issue

Also, they could just reskin Excalibur to be Excalibur Morgan for Saber Alter and have her FS be Black instead of Gold.

But if Saber gets any alternates it'd definitely just stick to her, I don't see Nero getting in as Nero uses fire while Saber uses Wind.

The alternates would probably be Saber Alter, Lily, MHX, and her Casual Wear (FSN).

Shirou and Rin would probably be the only Mii Costumes

Artix

Smash Journeyman
You know, if she were to be revealed, I want her reveal trailer to re-enact this scene:

Now, I don't know who would replace Shirou and Lancer in her reveal trailer, but I think it would be pretty cool to see.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know, if she were to be revealed, I want her reveal trailer to re-enact this scene:

Now, I don't know who would replace Shirou and Lancer in her reveal trailer, but I think it would be pretty cool to see.
I'd replace Shirou with Shulk and Lancer with Corrin doing her Dragon Fang Fsmash.

She lunges toward a knocked down Shulk and Saber appears knocking the appendage out of the way, she looks towards the camera, says her lines, then the smash tagline appears and then cuts to gameplay.

At least that's how I'd write the script.

Top Bottom