• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

Artix

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing she will have Mysterious Heroine X and Saber Lily costumes, kinda like how Mario has both the Wedding Tux and the Builder costumes in Ultimate.
That would be great if they did implement those costumes into her. Though, I pretty much prefer her white and blue civilian clothes than the MHX one. Well, that or the suit she wore in Fate/Zero.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That would be great if they did implement those costumes into her. Though, I pretty much prefer her white and blue civilian clothes than the MHX one. Well, that or the suit she wore in Fate/Zero.
They could easily make jokes about how Saber has a ton of alts, honestly.

Color 1 - That pic on top
Color 2 - Saber Lily
Color 3 - Saber Alter
Color 4 - MHX
Color 5 - MHX Alter
Color 6 - Civilian clothes from stay night
Color 7 - Black suit from Zero
Color 8 - Her bikini because Fate needs an obligatory fanservice outfit :^)

And there's still more options after this :laugh:

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
They could easily make jokes about how Saber has a ton of alts, honestly.

Color 1 - That pic on top
Color 2 - Saber Lily
Color 3 - Saber Alter
Color 4 - MHX
Color 5 - MHX Alter
Color 6 - Civilian clothes from stay night
Color 7 - Black suit from Zero
Color 8 - Her bikini because Fate needs an obligatory fanservice outfit :^)

And there's still more options after this :laugh:
Here you go, image version of what you described

Artix

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering this the whole time, but what would be Saber's victory theme?

I'm guessing a remix of Sword of Promised Victory?

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering this the whole time, but what would be Saber's victory theme?

Probably. I can't really think of any music from Fate that would fit as her victory theme other than Sword of Promised Victory.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

They could also do a remix of the victory theme of the Fate/Extella victory theme, but they would make it sound more fitting for Saber.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If by chance Sakurai wants to represent Japanese visual novel games that are world-wide popular, I see Saber making it. I am keeping an eye on this choice, since Sakurai even considers visual novels to be important pieces of gaming:

https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

"Sakurai: Yes (laughs). If you pull up a list of game designers born in 1970, there’s quite a few big names: Hideki Kamiya (Bayonetta),Fumito Ueda (ICO), Yoko Taro (NieR series), Jin Fujisawa and Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X), Chiyomaru Shikura (Steins;Gate), and the late Kenji Eno (D and others)."

Saber's potential competition could be a Steins;Gate character, but IDK if Hyouma could be made as a fighter. I only seen the first season, and not beyond Zero to find his potential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If by chance Sakurai wants to represent Japanese visual novel games that are world-wide popular in Japan, I see Saber making it. I am keeping an eye on this choice, since Sakurai even considers visual novels to be important pieces of gaming:

https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

"Sakurai: Yes (laughs). If you pull up a list of game designers born in 1970, there’s quite a few big names: Hideki Kamiya (Bayonetta),Fumito Ueda (ICO), Yoko Taro (NieR series), Jin Fujisawa and Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X), Chiyomaru Shikura (Steins;Gate), and the late Kenji Eno (D and others)."

Saber's potential competition could be a Steins;Gate character, but IDK if Hyouma could be made as a fighter. I only seen the first season, and not beyond Zero to find his potential.
Oh, that's interesting, didn't know about that.
Remember though, that Steins Gate has never been on a Nintendo console so it can't really qualify.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Technically Steins;Gate Elite is coming to the Switch:

Even then, I do not think appearances/games on Nintendo platforms would really matter that much when it comes to including third-party characters.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Even then, I do not think appearances/games on Nintendo platforms would really matter that much when it comes to including third-party characters.
Yeah. Ever since Cloud was announced, I pretty much thought that characters who had no connection to Nintendo whatsoever might actually get in.

D

Deleted member

Technically Steins;Gate Elite is coming to the Switch:

Oh, I didn't know it was getting a port.

But at least an appearence in Nintendo consoles is required, Sakurai already mentioned it and he has never broken it. This is still a Nintendo crossiver at the end of the day.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Now I wonder what the Stage would be for Saber. My dream stage would be UBW with EMIYA playing in the background but I doubt it. Most likely it would be the Einzbern Castle. Ik OP said it would be Ryuudo Temple but I doubt it. Another question is what theme plays in the background? Clashing Souls from the VN? Or Mighty Wind?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
UBW would be so perfect though.

Imagine Poke Floats, but with giant swords.

Yeah, it's not accurate to what UBW is, but **** it, it's awesome!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's weird... But I could actually see this happening.

No really, I think it's a possibility, the Fate series is massive in Japan, and if Sakurai wanted to a visual-novel character than Saber would be a no-brainer.

I support.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Now I wonder what the Stage would be for Saber. My dream stage would be UBW with EMIYA playing in the background but I doubt it. Most likely it would be the Einzbern Castle. Ik OP said it would be Ryuudo Temple but I doubt it. Another question is what theme plays in the background? Clashing Souls from the VN? Or Mighty Wind?
I would prefer if they just used Fuyuki City as her home stage. They could do it in a similar manner to Delfino Plaza and have the platform roam around the city. I would also like Gilgamesh to appear and act as a stage hazard, throwing multiple swords at everyone in the field.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer if they just used Fuyuki City as her home stage. They could do it in a similar manner to Delfino Plaza and have the platform roam around the city. I would also like Gilgamesh to appear and act as a stage hazard, throwing multiple swords at everyone in the field.
Honestly thats a good idea. Id like to tweak it a little though. Make it like Midgar where you have multiple Summons. Basically, you have a summoning circle that randomly appears on the map. Once you touch it you get a random summon

Gilgamesh : Uses the Gate of Babylon to throw multiple swords across the map
Rider (Stay Night) : Will travel to a random spot in the background, after going there will temporarily petrify anyone in her line of sight
Lancer (Stay Night) : Will throw Gae Bolg as an AOE, similar to what he did in Unlimited Blade Works
Nero : Turns the Map into Aestus Domus Aurea, rose petals are thrown everywhere but will circle the location she chooses to slash
Tamamo : Makes pillars of fire come out of the ground at a random location, once the location has been set balls of ice will be thrown at it

I chose these Servants because they all made an appearance on a Nintendo console (Extella), someone like Heracles hasn't. Also Fuyuki City was in Extella for anyone that may be wondering (Albeit modified but if Midgar has taught us anything I dont think the stage needs to have appeared in a Nintendo Console)
I said Stay Night for the type of costumes those two would most likely wear, and to show which game they originate from since there are multiple Riders and Lancers in Extella and the Nasuverse in general

Last edited:

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Dude...

You forgot the coolest idea.

Lancelot with a fighter jet.
I wouldve but I only mentioned Stage Hazards that have been on a Nintendo Console. If Extella Link was confirmed for the Switch then he definitely wouldve been in that list I made. A freakin fighter jet flying around spraying things down with him on top would be so sick though

D

Deleted member

Midgard is 100% in its entirety based from stuff outside Nintendo consoles so I don't see the need of having to restrict Fate content to Nintendo stuff.
I do like the idea of a summonig circle with various Servants appearing but I feel it would be more fitting to just have the Stay Night Servants appearing.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Midgard is 100% in its entirety based from stuff outside Nintendo consoles so I don't see the need of having to restrict Fate content to Nintendo stuff.
I do like the idea of a summonig circle with various Servants appearing but I feel it would be more fitting to just have the Stay Night Servants appearing.
Oh yeah I forgot Bahamut Zero was FF7 Exclusive so I guess it is possible
I still feel the EX series (Extra, CCC, Extella, Link) should get some representation with at least Nero though because I mean that is kinda the only reason she has a legitmate chance to make it in... (without it she would've never been on a Nintendo Console)
So we take out Tamamo, who is she replaced by and how?
And if you do take out Nero then who do you replace her with as well?

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah I forgot Bahamut Zero was FF7 Exclusive so I guess it is possible
I still feel the EX series (Extra, CCC, Extella, Link) should get some representation with at least Nero though because I mean that is kinda the only reason she has a legitmate chance to make it in... (without it she would've never been on a Nintendo Console)
So we take out Tamamo, who is she replaced by and how?
And if you do take out Nero then who do you replace her with as well?
Kingdom Hearts and Theathrhythm(i dunno how you spell it) are the only reasons Cloud was able to make it in yet they have no references. I'd expect Nero somewhere due to how crazy popular she is but I wouldn't expect Extra to be the focus when Artoria only appears as a secret character in Extella.
And it would be much more sense to just have Medea, especially if the stage was based on Ryuudou Temple like my idea.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Kingdom Hearts and Theathrhythm(i dunno how you spell it) are the only reasons Cloud was able to make it in yet they have no references. I'd expect Nero somewhere due to how crazy popular she is but I wouldn't expect Extra to be the focus when Artoria only appears as a secret character in Extella.
And it would be much more sense to just have Medea, especially if the stage was based on Ryuudou Temple like my idea.
Cloud got in because of Final Fantasy Explorers on the DS and Final Fantasy World on the DS along with KH
What would Medea do? Stun you then use Rule Breaker? Or use AOE's? Or would she go and summon Assassin

D

Deleted member

Cloud got in because of Final Fantasy Explorers on the DS and Final Fantasy World on the DS along with KH
What would Medea do? Stun you then use Rule Breaker? Or use AOE's? Or would she go and summon Assassin
World is a Sony exclusive what are you talking about? And I have genuinely never heard of Explorers until now(and it's on 3DS btw). Regardless, this is besides the point.

And I dunno man, just look at her skills and NPs, it's not hard to think of her firing lasers and using Rule Breaker.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
World is a Sony exclusive what are you talking about? And I have genuinely never heard of Explorers until now(and it's on 3DS btw). Regardless, this is besides the point.

And I dunno man, just look at her skills and NPs, it's not hard to think of her firing lasers and using Rule Breaker.
Yea I mustve been tripping when I said World and when I said DS I just meant the whole lineup not just the DS.
Anyways yea she could just stunlock people then use Rule Breaker on them

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
You have my support for Saber to be in Smash Ultimate!

So far, there hasn't been a Visual Novel rep in Smash and while I normally would support Phoenix Wright as our rep for that genre, I'm afraid his chances have been lowered due to Capcom already having two reps in Smash Ultimate.

Because of that, I believe Saber would be our best bet as our Visual Novel rep since she's quite popular in Japan, as well as in the West. It also helps that Fate/Extella (and probably Extella Link) was released on the Nintendo Switch.

Not to mention, the Fate series is going to celebrate it's 15th anniversary next year (9 days after Smash Bros.' 20th anniversary, BTW) so they could use that opportunity to add her in Smash.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
You have my support for Saber to be in Smash Ultimate!

So far, there hasn't been a Visual Novel rep in Smash and while I normally would support Phoenix Wright as our rep for that genre, I'm afraid his chances have been lowered due to Capcom already having two reps in Smash Ultimate.

Because of that, I believe Saber would be our best bet as our Visual Novel rep since she's quite popular in Japan, as well as in the West. It also helps that Fate/Extella (and probably Extella Link) was released on the Nintendo Switch.

Not to mention, the Fate series is going to celebrate it's 15th anniversary next year (9 days after Smash Bros.' 20th anniversary, BTW) so they could use that opportunity to add her in Smash.
I'm not sure if this will help her or Sakurai will even acknowledge it, but there's also the upcoming second Heaven's Feel movie coming out soon.

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
I found this video about Saber playing baseball...

It would be funny if they used this as her animation when she hits someone with the Home-Run Bat.

D

Deleted member

Personally I don't really see anything Fate making it's way into Smash.

That being said, surprised at a lack of mention in regards to Grand Order and how that mobile game could be a possible influence considering how Nintendo seemed to be branching into the mobile market.

Think about it.
A cross-promotion event between Smash and FGO.

Easy money.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I feel played

I read "Saber" and thought of everyone's favorite ZADDY Embarrass from FE

but then it's just this girl...

who's just as cool !!!! I support!!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

That being said, surprised at a lack of mention in regards to Grand Order and how that mobile game could be a possible influence considering how Nintendo seemed to be branching into the mobile market.

Think about it.

Easy money.
The mention of a potential cross-promotion event with Smash and Fate/GO reminds me of something I always dreamed of: a crossover collaboration between Fire Emblem Heroes and Fate/Grand Order considering how many Fire Emblem characters would fit quite well as servants and how some of the Fate servants look like they fit right into the Fire Emblem universe. I doubt it'll ever happen, but if it does, that would be pretty cool!

But a Smash and Fate/GO collaboration could be just as neat. Link as a Saber, Pit as an Archer, Zelda as a Caster, Snake as an Assassin, Palutena as a Ruler, Bowser as a Berserker, there's a lot of neat ideas that could come out of this.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Think about it.

Easy money.
Saber in FEH confirmed!

... Oh wait...

Artix

Smash Journeyman
With the confirmation of Richter as an Echo Fighter of Simon, I began to worry that if Saber were to be included, they might add Nero as the Echo Fighter of Artoria.

What do you guys think?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
With the confirmation of Richter as an Echo Fighter of Simon, I began to worry that if Saber were to be included, they might add Nero as the Echo Fighter of Artoria.

What do you guys think?
Well I wouldn't mind having Nero as a echo of Artoria, but most likely, I think she'd be an alt since they look so identical to each other, and if the equip unequip armor/mana burst is a thing, they could just have Nero's dress and body glow when the armor is 'unequipped' for extra power, but again I wouldn't mind an echo of Artoria.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I think she will be added as DLC. Sakurai planned who he was gonna add into the base game way back in 2014, Extella wasnt on the Switch back then. So my guess is she'll get in as DLC. Shes extremely popular in Japan, shes very popular worldwide so much so that she got a movie in the US (Subbed and Dubbed) which isnt very common at all for Anime's, not to mention shes been around for awhile and has a lot of moveset potential.

The only thing that might hold her back is the fact that she comes from an eroge. I think exceptions can be made but idk. At the end of the day its all up to Sakurai, but I really do hope she gets added in. The stage hazards, assist trophy, music, omg Sakurai please. Make our dreams come true

She fits all the requirements... Its just that one factor that may keep her from Smash Bros.

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
We
I think she will be added as DLC. Sakurai planned who he was gonna add into the base game way back in 2014, Extella wasnt on the Switch back then. So my guess is she'll get in as DLC. Shes extremely popular in Japan, shes very popular worldwide so much so that she got a movie in the US (Subbed and Dubbed) which isnt very common at all for Anime's, not to mention shes been around for awhile and has a lot of moveset potential.

The only thing that might hold her back is the fact that she comes from an eroge. I think exceptions can be made but idk. At the end of the day its all up to Sakurai, but I really do hope she gets added in. The stage hazards, assist trophy, music, omg Sakurai please. Make our dreams come true

She fits all the requirements... Its just that one factor that may keep her from Smash Bros.
Well, they can just ignore that entirely, since they dropped the concept after the re-release of the game. I really do hope she gets in as DLC, in fact, I want her to be the first DLC character announced and they should release her in January to commemorate Fate's 15th anniversary.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice

What do you guys think?
I actually don't mind having both Artoria and Nero in Smash, even if Nero is just an Echo Fighter of Artoria. Like Richter, Nero is just as popular as Artoria, so it would make sense if they add her in Smash as well.

As for the difference between her and Artoria, well, aside from the obvious change of voice, she doesn't have Invisible Air, thus her sword is visible all the time and the wind effects might be replaced with flame effects since her sword can do those things. Nero will also have different taunts from Artoria and of course...

She will have a different Final Smash: Aestus Domus Aurea!

Man, I would really love to see this in Smash.

D

Deleted member

The main differences between Artoria and Nero would be their Final Smash, bust size and their capability of running a country.

D

Deleted member

The main differences between Artoria and Nero would be their Final Smash, bust size and their capability of running a country.
And of course one eats a lot and the other says UMU a lot (and can't sing worth a damn).

Top Bottom