• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
While not directly Saber related-

There was a problem fetching the tweet

New Melty Blood coming to the Switch! So the Switch will have both Extella games, the Emiya Gohan cooking game, Melty Blood (fingers crossed for older ones coming to the eShop like what King of Fighters and Guilty Gear did), and presumably the Fate/Extra Remake and Tsukihime Remake (edit: Tsukihime Remake confirmed for Switch!). Pretty solid TypeMoon representation!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd be game for Saber to be in Smash! I tried my hand at a moveset myself, with Saber being the major focus:
Gimmick #1: Invisible Air: Saber’s sword is completely cloaked in winds, rendering it invisible to the human eye. Furthermore, dodging and shielding also render Saber herself invisible, allowing for immense mind-games. After releasing the Shield button, the invisibility will persist for 3 seconds afterward before unveiling Saber. This does not stack or refresh the timer, and she cannot become invisible again for 15 seconds after becoming visible.
Gimmick #2: Master and Servant: Although you mainly control Saber, you can also call upon her master Shirou Emiya for certain attacks and abilities.
Jab: A double slash, followed up by a Strike Air. Based on Combination Air from Fate/Extella. Strike Air is a disjointed hitbox that has some amazing horizontal range, making this a good poke. Holding A will instead have Shirou project Gae Bolg, which will shoot forwards for a bit before disappearing.
Dash attack: A lunging attack, which follows up with a burst of wind once the full distance is covered. This is amazing for killing at earlier percentages than usual.
F-tilt: A heavy slash, similar to Chrom/Roy’s Side Smash. Great for racking up damage.
U-tilt: A sliding upwards slash. This is good for approaching and anti-air.
D-tilt: A crouching sword-stab. Based on one of her crouching attacks from Fate/unlimited codes. Holding A has Shirou lunge forwards with the Axe-Sword.
Grab: Saber traps an opponent in a gale of winds, leaving them vulnerable to the hilt of her sword for her pummel.
F-throw: Saber strikes the opponent with a Strike Air that launches opponents really far.
B-throw: Saber holds her blade in a reverse grip and blasts the opponent from behind with a Strike Air that launches her opponent.
D-throw: Saber simply pushes the opponent onto the ground, then creates a small tornado burst that can set opponents up for attacks.
U-throw: Saber channels more mana into the gale until it turns into a tornado that launches opponents upwards, much like Hyrule Castle’s tornados.
Side Smash: Saber performs a 360 leaping slash forwards. Double-tapping A has while charging instead calls upon Shirou to project a sword and blasts it forwards with Broken Phantasm, causing it to explode on impact.
Up Smash: Saber unleashes a large arcing slash above herself. Double-tapping A while charging instead calls upon Shirou to project Caliburn, creating a large burst of holy energy above himself.
Down Smash: Starlight (Convergence): Create an explosion of wind that damages everyone in a radius. Is great for get-off-me and has some high kill potential at later percentages. Double-tapping A while charging instead allows Shirou to stab the earth with a projected Caladbolg while invoking Broken Phantasm, creating an explosion that deals more damage and knockback than normal.
F-air: A sideways slash that is safe on block and has some decent damage on hit.
B-air: Saber stabs behind her, creating a burst of wind that spreads out as it goes out.
U-air: Saber unleashes an upwards blade of light above herself as though she were activating Excalibur, only to dispel the blade.
D-air: A plummeting strike that hits twice. Is really safe on shield and has some is good for set-ups at earlier percentages.
Neutral B: Mana Burst: After charging mana for a brief duration, Saber will create a burst of energy around her, granting her a buff that halves both incoming damage and knockback as well as increasing general movement speed by 1.5x for 12 seconds. Should opponents be nearby when Mana Burst is used, they will be dealt immense knockback and 9% damage.
Side B: Strike Air: Hammer of the Wind King: Saber charges with mana before unleashing a large whirlwind in the direction of the joystick, which is a blast that has high damage and knockback.
Up B: Strike Air: Slipstream/Summon: Saber will invoke a large slipstream of energy above her that serves as a large windbox that pushes all in the direction of the joystick. Double-tapping B will allow her to call upon Shirou to access his mana and summon Saber at his location, as Shirou himself serves as an anchor. This is an amazing teleport that can save Saber’s skin, yet this is also heavily telegraphed and has three charges per stock before it is rendered unusable.
Down B: Unlimited Blade Works: Shirou will summon the Reality Marble known as Unlimited Blade Works, transporting all nearby opponents into the world with him. While trapped in Unlimited Blade Works, Shirou will barrage trapped opponents with multiple sword slashes and telekinetic barrages of all weapons he has seen for 8 seconds. This is a highly telegraphed move that can damage multiple foes at once, and a move that Saber can act independently from. However, she cannot call upon Shirou for certain attacks while Unlimited Blade Works is active. From trapped opponents’ perspective, they are in a completely separate stage where Shirou is either A.I. controlled, or player-controlled if this is a 1-on-1.
Shield B: Holy Sword Release: Dispel the wind around your blade, granting your attacks a longer range for 20 seconds. This does, however, sacrifice your invisibility properties for the duration of the release, and all attacks deal 1.25x damage.
Final Smash: Excalibur, Sword of Promised Victory: Raising her sword high into the air, Saber will create a massive blade of light before unleashing a downwards strike that completely decimates anyone within striking range.

And on top of that, here's a trailer, too:
Cross slash intro

The trailer begins with a city at night, the moon bright and yellow in the air, the sounds of chaos ringing in the air. The camera pans down to the hilltop overlooking the city, an armored figure looking down as the battle on the streets rages. The camera then zooms in towards the city and shows Cloud on his Fenrir bike, navigating through the streets as Ridley attempts to incinerate him with his Plasma Breath. Cloud deflects a few with the Buster Sword, and weaves around a few others, the fireballs melting half of passing cars and scorching buildings. Cloud jumps off and launches a Blade Beam at the Space Pirate, who whizzes past it and reaches to grab Cloud, only for him to smash the blunt side of the Buster Sword into the side of his head, causing him to careen to a building on the side. Cloud lands back on the Fenrir and looks back at the crash site before looking back forwards, only for him to crash into an Iron Block planted by Steve, who drops a lit block of TNT down towards his location. Cloud knocks the TNT back upwards and jumps upwards, only for Steve to Elytra-glide into Cloud's torso at full force, sending him careening into another nearby building. The former SOLDIER props himself back up on the Buster Sword as Steve and the now-recovered Ridley menacingly walk up to him. Cloud just barely makes it up and attempts to engage the two, only for the wall behind him to explode, a massive storm of wind causing chunks of rock to fly towards the Cunning God of Death and the World Crafter, who attempt to brave it only for them to be blasted into the wall behind them. Cloud looks behind himself and sees a blonde knight with a golden blade that soon seems to vanish, only leaving distortion to cloak it. The figure walks up next to Cloud as she looks towards Ridley and Steve, who seem to recover themselves and glare at her. She turns to Cloud.

"Can you still fight?"

Cloud lifts his Buster Sword, taking a bit more effort due to the Elytra-attack from earlier, but nods curtly.

"Then come. We shall fight them together!"

SABER Is Summoned To Battle!

The trailer then cuts to gameplay of Saber, the King of Knights, as she flourishes her currently-invisible sword. We then see her moveset, which heavily involves wind boxes and mana attacks. We then see her stage, Fuyuki City, which transports to multiple locations before showing a battle with Saber, Byleth, Ganondorf, and Link. We then see her Final Smash, her signature attack Excalibur, as she creates a massive golden blade above her before striking down with the force of a meteor, destroying everyone on-stage.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Fate/stay night

We cap off with Ridley, sprawled on the floor, and multiple floating items indicating Steve didn't win either, as Saber and Cloud put away their respective weapons. Suddenly, Saber recoils in pain and falls to her knees. Cloud whirls towards her and kneels down, checking if she's okay as she grips her stomach.

"Z-Zounds...it seems I am faced with a new foe!"

Cloud looks around, his hand returning to the grip of his Buster Sword.

"No, it is not...one that can be seen..."

Cloud turns his attention back to Saber.

"It would seem...that now, hunger is the enemy!"

Cloud face-faults, all tension in the scene vanishing and giving way to humor. At that moment, Shirou Emiya arrives and sees Saber, who helps her up and brings her away back home for some cooking, leaving Cloud trying to recover from the drastic tonal shift.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / TYPE-MOON

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, lost belt 6 is live. Whos rolling for the fem knights and Morgan?

I really liked Gawain's look, and used some of my lots of saved quartz, but got NP3 Morgan and Tristan instead. I did want them sure but Gawain was my main goal... Big STRONK girl.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman

I really liked Gawain's look, and used some of my lots of saved quartz, but got NP3 Morgan and Tristan instead. I did want them sure but Gawain was my main goal... Big STRONK girl.
I’m an NA only player since I like the story and can’t read a lick of Japanese, but I keep up to date on the JP releases.

And my opinion is that Fae!Gawain can crush my head like a watermelon any time.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Not me, I'm saving up for the possibility of this year's Summer banner having a new Kama.

I luckily got Summer Kiara weeks ago and I need both if they happen.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I’m an NA only player since I like the story and can’t read a lick of Japanese, but I keep up to date on the JP releases.

And my opinion is that Fae!Gawain can crush my head like a watermelon any time.
I have only been doing daily logins in JP for months, not summoning or playing events, since I mostly focus on NA unless its a summer event i like. I only have this JP account still becuase I started it before NA happened . Hell, my NA account is stronger then my JP account now lol

But yeah, if I see someone I really want, I roll a bit, and fem tristan is that. Crush my Pelvis please! gonna roll a few more times in her solo rate up, then wait for summer an anniverserry... man I hope Vitch finally comes... been waiting for my fox for 4 years...

Not me, I'm saving up for the possibility of this year's Summer banner having a new Kama.

I luckily got Summer Kiara weeks ago and I need both if they happen.
I got Summer Kiara last year and love her. this year i am just gonna see what happens. a Summer Kama would be nice.... but my wish is Summer Medusa and Summer Medea.

And Anniversery giving us Vitch

zferolie

Smash Hero
I appreciate how we're all on the same page about wanting Fae-wain to crush our heads like a watermelon.

Not!Liz is pretty cute too.
Her second Ascention is my fav. the third i feel is a bit overcrowded. And yeah, shes like if Tristan and liz had a baby and she was raised by carmila

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I got Summer Kiara last year and love her. this year i am just gonna see what happens. a Summer Kama would be nice.... but my wish is Summer Medusa and Summer Medea.
As someone whose Grailed Servants are these, I agree.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
So, is Muramasa some kind of friendly enemy during Lostbelt 6?

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
So, is Muramasa some kind of friendly enemy during Lostbelt 6?
Seems more like a “the enemy of my enemy” deal since EVERYONE hates Beryl, and the Lostbelt was also confirmed to be a bad fit to take over the earth so even the Alien God likely doesn’t want it around anymore.

Seems I was half right. Muramasa IS there to take the Lostbelt out on behalf of the Alien God... but he’s working with us because he’s a terrible assassin who knocked on the front door asking to kill Morgan and got beaten up and imprisoned, and sold off at auction for his troubles. So Chaldea literally buys him to recruit his help in taking the place down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom