• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Iron Fist - Heihachi Mishima

Zakhara

Smash Rookie
The taunt doesn't really mean much.

Especially since Chrom can exist at two places at the same time since he's in Robin's final smash still.
And let's not forget that Akira has been both a costume and an assist trophy. Nothing is off the table unless some character magically emerges with Heihachi's fighting style.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And let's not forget that Akira has been both a costume and an assist trophy. Nothing is off the table unless some character magically emerges with Heihachi's fighting style.
Plenty of Mii costumes have been taken from assist trophies. However, I think Akira's off the table anyway because he's a very, very hard character to play as in VF.

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
I found this concept art and it looks like Tekken Mii costumes I think the guy who made this is speculating if Heihachi is our second Namco rep then we would get Mii costumes to represent the Tekken Series and also we will get Tekken Spirits for Heihachi's Spirit Board if that were to happen.

D473UnrWwAAwD5O.jpg

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I really hope we get something Tekken related. A stage and some songs would be nice even if we're stuck with only mii fighter outfits.

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
I am ride and die for Heihachi Mishima in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Welcome aboard TAnimal to the The King of Iron Fist thread.

Well I got a lot things for you of what Heihachi possesses and also why smash, well Heihachi Mishima as known as The King of Iron Fist was going be in smash 4 but was cut and replace by :ultpacman: because he couldn't think of a moveset or gameplay like Tekken or maybe didn't wanna copy Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Heihachi but now the game Tekken and also Heihachi change from Playstation All Star to something new and he's old and he has different move compare to other Tekken games and spin-off so for Sakurai putting Heihachi in would make him more harder to implement so if Sakurai want to put him in he will need Namco's help because even Namco is helping develop Smash Bros probably Namco would help Sakurai to put Heihachi in so if Sakurai can think a moveset for Heihachi just like he did to :ultryu: and :ultken: and basically Heihachi could be a fighter for DLC I wouldn't if they brought back his mii costume so if want to know more here's a video.

What Heihachi possesses is Lighting power and very strong attacks to his opponent when it comes to fighting so lets say that he's a mix of :ultryu: and :ultpikachu: but different from those two and why he would be unique rather then a clone or base so think like this for example.

Maybe something that his final smash would be Rage Art or his Side Throw would go with Stonehead or his Side Smash would be Demon Breath like their is a lot them even I could make up a moveset for Heihachi that didn't came from Tekken and you don't need some one's moves to like from their game look i'm just saying if Heihachi was in smash bros anything is coming don't know who is coming for the Fighters Pass. So what is your Heihachi moveset for smash, you guys don't need to do Heihachi moveset i'm just saying it may take a while to do.

Heihachi may be likely to be DLC such as :ultbanjokazooie: he even also appear spin-off titles like Project X Zone games on the 3DS and Pac Man Fever on the Gamecube, Tekken also made it in Nintendo consoles such as Tekken Advance on the GBA and The Wii U Edition of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 so that says Tekken had appear in Nintendo consoles and handhelds. Even Heihachi makes more sense and why even because Tekken start all of this, that's how and why 3d fighting games exist because of Tekken, Tekken even has sold more then Mortal Kombat, Street Fighters even Smash Brothers itself Tekken 3 sold over 8.5 million and Tekken 5 sold over 8.2 million so Tekken sells a lot more for Namco when it comes to 3d Fighting games, Heihachi is the iconic face in Tekken even Bandai Namco uses Heihachi for their crossovers when representing Tekken so Heihachi is the character to represent 3d fighting games.

Even if you never played Tekken and don't know who Heihachi really is then here's this video it will explain the history of Heihachi and his family it's crazy then you think of the history of Tekken.

Really their are so many to explain but that will be next time to I feel explaining myself to you guys. This soundtrack is called the Mishima Dojo from Tekken 7 I listen to this music multiple times that gives the vibes for Heihachi that he would get in so really I let you listen to this soundtrack and tell me what you think about this soundtrack and Heihachi himself.

One more thing, a commentor comment on my DLC Speculation video about Heihachi and Banjo & Kazooie and I reply REALLY NAMCO NEEDS A ANOTHER REP and he reply, What leans in his favor is that this Year is Both Tekken’s 25th Anniversary and Namco Promotes the Hell out of Tekken World Tour Tournament 2019, plus the opportunity of a Tekken 7 Port On Switch.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Well I got a lot things for you of what Heihachi possesses and also why smash, well Heihachi Mishima as known as The King of Iron Fist was going be in smash 4 but was cut and replace by :ultpacman: because he couldn't think of a moveset or gameplay like Tekken or maybe didn't wanna copy Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Heihachi but now the game Tekken and also Heihachi change from Playstation All Star to something new and he's old and he has different move compare to other Tekken games and spin-off so for Sakurai putting Heihachi in would make him more harder to implement so if Sakurai want to put him in he will need Namco's help because even Namco is helping develop Smash Bros probably Namco would help Sakurai to put Heihachi in so if Sakurai can think a moveset for Heihachi just like he did to :ultryu: and :ultken: and basically Heihachi could be a fighter for DLC I wouldn't if they brought back his mii costume so if want to know more here's a video.

What Heihachi possesses is Lighting power and very strong attacks to his opponent when it comes to fighting so lets say that he's a mix of :ultryu: and :ultpikachu: but different from those two and why he would be unique rather then a clone or base so think like this for example.

Maybe something that his final smash would be Rage Art or his Side Throw would go with Stonehead or his Side Smash would be Demon Breath like their is a lot them even I could make up a moveset for Heihachi that didn't came from Tekken and you don't need some one's moves to like from their game look i'm just saying if Heihachi was in smash bros anything is coming don't know who is coming for the Fighters Pass. So what is your Heihachi moveset for smash, you guys don't need to do Heihachi moveset i'm just saying it may take a while to do.

Heihachi may be likely to be DLC such as Banjo & Kazooie he even also appear spin-off titles like Project X Zone games on the 3DS and Pac Man Fever on the Gamecube, Tekken also made it in Nintendo consoles such as Tekken Advance on the GBA and The Wii U Edition of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 so that says Tekken had appear in Nintendo consoles and handhelds. Even Heihachi makes more sense and why even because Tekken start all of this, that's how and why 3d fighting games exist because of Tekken, Tekken even has sold more then Mortal Kombat, Street Fighters even Smash Brothers itself Tekken 3 sold over 8.5 million and Tekken 5 sold over 8.2 million so Tekken sells a lot more for Namco when it comes to 3d Fighting games, Heihachi is the iconic face in Tekken even Bandai Namco uses Heihachi for their crossovers when representing Tekken so Heihachi is the character to represent 3d fighting games.

Even if you never played Tekken and don't know who Heihachi really is then here's this video it will explain the history of Heihachi and his family it's crazy then you think of the history of Tekken.

Really their are so many to explain but that will be next time to I feel explaining myself to you guys. This soundtrack is called the Mishima Dojo from Tekken 7 I listen to this music multiple times that gives the vibes for Heihachi that he would get in so really I let you listen to this soundtrack and tell me what you think about this soundtrack and Heihachi himself.

One more thing, a commentor comment on my DLC Speculation video about Heihachi and Banjo & Kazooie and I reply REALLY NAMCO NEEDS A NOTHER REP and he reply, What leans in his favor is that this Year is Both Tekken’s 25th Anniversary and Namco Promotes the Hell out of Tekken World Tour Tournament 2019, plus the opportunity of a Tekken 7 Port On Switch.
Even without T7 on Switch, Nintendo had a special version of TTT2 on the Wii U, the only version with Tekken Ball and special costumes, so I'm almost positive we're getting something related to Tekken.

Zakhara

Smash Rookie
One thing that puts Heihachi on his back foot is frame data. Smash Bros isn't really a series about suffocating ground-based pressure anymore, and with how shields work a swathe of his power mids and plus attacks (Demon Uppercut, Hell Axle, Demon's Boar, EWGF, et al) wouldn't meet expectations. Ryu/Ken were a real challenge design-wise, and a character who's plus on shield often (and ideally uses counter-hits) is likely a big ask.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
One thing I expect Sakurai to do is try to incorporate limb-based combat by making his B moves all left and A moves all use the right limbs, as well as two signature Mishima moves with their original inputs, the Hellsweep and Electric Wind God Fist. However, both of these moves use a DP input followed by right punch for EWGF, and right kick for Hellsweep. How could he implement both?

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
You guys are forgetting the Street Fighter X Tekken crossover, where Heihachi received "simple"-er move inputs! I feel like Heihachi would work better in smash with the simple inputs instead of a complex unique control scheme. Even so, the side step exclusive attacks would be impossible to implement unless Heihachi's special move where he dashes away is used for like, side B or something. The number one thing hurting EVERY tekken character's chances is VIrtua Fighter; that series technically had a mii costumes before Tekken in smash 4, and even now Akira ended up being a assist trophy despite how fluid the assist moves. The way VF was treated in smash kinda implies that 3D fighter characters are too difficult to add into smash properly, which is why Tekken's SF crossover is the franchise's saving grace.

Edit: Apparently there was also a GBA version of Tekken that managed to get the game in a 2D perspective. There's a very small amount of 3D, as you can't side step but you can roll up and down? Anyway, they somehow achieved Heihachi with a 2 button control scheme, similar to what Guynamednelson mentioned.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Crazy how people are dumb eough to believe every stupid excuses from Sakurai. Ridley being too big was stupid but man, "Heihachi being too slow" has to be the absolute worst excuse i've ever heard. It doesn't mean anything. If Ryu and Ken are in the game, there's no way Heihachi wouldn't work. Sakurai should just say "I have no interest in him" instead of making up these lame excuses.

Anyway, I definitely want him. When it comes to fighting games, he's my favorite character with Ken, Taki, Hibiki (Last Blade 2), Terry Bogard, King and Yoshimitsu.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thanks to Sari Sari for this information - it seems like Unsho Ishizuka's passing isn't as big of a barrier for Heihachi's inclusion as some people believe it is.

https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/post-23458415

I missed some discussion on Tekken that happened a few pages back so I wanted to lend in my two cents on some recent news:

Today it was confirmed that Heihachi (as well as Jin and Kazuya) will be guest-starring in the King of Fighters All-Stars mobile game.

Why is this important? Because all of the characters in KoF All-Stars are fully voiced and AFAIK all of the voice-clips are completely brand new. They even got Takehito Koyasu (AKA Dio) to voice Shingo again after a +10 year hiatus of the character being voiced (not to mention most of the older KoF VA's who got replaced in XIV).

So Heihachi's appearance means one of two things:
  1. They got a new VA for Heihachi, eliminating any argument that Heihachi's character is done for due to his VA passing away.
  2. They are reusing his voice clips from Tekken 7, meaning Namco is fine with paying tribute to the late Unsho Ishizuka through recycled clips.
Granted I'm still not all that confident in Heihachi happening, but I just thought it'd be worth noting that his character isn't retired (at least for spin-off appearances such as Smash) as some have been saying because of the VA situation.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Our last hope for Him must be at Evo this week
Absolutely not. Last year should've proved that an EVO annoumcement has no connection to the kind of game a character comes from, and Ryu was announced outside of EVO, so why can't another fighting game character?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So Tekken got its new season confirmed and Snake has supposedly been leaked. Really shows how great Tekken is doing.

Even though support for Heihachi seems to have died down in recent months, I wouldn't be too surprised if he got revealed soon.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Heihachi is such a complex idea for me. I love Tekken dearly and having him in Smash would be amazing, I can't deny, but there's also a part of me that doesn't find him massively exciting in a Smash context and I'm not sure why.

Then again, I'm sure my Tekken fanboyism will win out if he's revealed at any point. Getting Tekken x Street Fighter in a new game would be wild, though I gotta say I hope his trailer would have a clash between him and Ganondorf. It just feels right.

Now the real Galaxy Brain choice is Alisa Boskonovitch in Smash. Because she's my main. And I'm biased. :4pacman:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't know much about Tekken besides the basic fundamentals (3D movement, each button represent each arm and leg, etc). And I know the basic background story behind Heihachi, Jin, and the Devil Gene. But besides that, nothing.

So I wonder, if Heihachi gets in, what stage would come with him? I don't know any famous locations in the Tekkenverse.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I don't know much about Tekken besides the basic fundamentals (3D movement, each button represent each arm and leg, etc). And I know the basic background story behind Heihachi, Jin, and the Devil Gene. But besides that, nothing.

So I wonder, if Heihachi gets in, what stage would come with him? I don't know any famous locations in the Tekkenverse.
Mishima Dojo and Dragon's Nest seem to be the most iconic

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Dragon's Nest looks like a floating platformy area. That looks like a good place for a Smash fight.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Is it possible that the Heihachi voice work could have been recorded before the date of death of the voice actor?

If so, it is possible Heihachi is final reveal in reverence.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Is it possible that the Heihachi voice work could have been recorded before the date of death of the voice actor?

If so, it is possible Heihachi is final reveal in reverence.
I mean, reusing Tekken's own Heihachi clips wouldn't be that bad, considering there are hundreds of clips they can use.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
IT'S kinda funny how his voice actor DID voiced a character in this game tbh

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Then perhaps he is in even as a Tribute! Not as a stand alone reason, just the tipping point of inclusion.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually hoping more than ever that the old man gets in this game. After hearing that even more fighters are coming and seeing them expand into non street fighter fighting games, it gives me hope that one day i'm going to be spamming electrics and hell sweeps in smash.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Even though we already have Terry, I'd love to see Heihachi in. He's the most likely since he is used most frequently for crossovers. I could see his younger incarnation as an alt.

I don't know much about the Tekken series. Would it make sense to feature Ganondorf in a reveal trailer as a rival?

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Even though we already have Terry, I'd love to see Heihachi in. He's the most likely since he is used most frequently for crossovers. I could see his younger incarnation as an alt.

I don't know much about the Tekken series. Would it make sense to feature Ganondorf in a reveal trailer as a rival?
Technically yes, as Heihachi wants to extract a demonic power from anyone for immortality. I'd say Ganondorf counts as a demonic character with demonic power.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
If gannondorf was green maybe XD. Ridley could work too, since hes similar to devil in a few ways.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I mean, Ganondorf is kinda green-ish. I'd say he would work cool as an Orge spirit battle, with true Ogre being Bowser.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I finally started Tekken 7's story mode, years after buying the game and playing with friends. After one hour I'm finally reminded why Heihachi is the ****ing man. I've always loved Tekken but never wanted Heihachi in Smash since my main is Alisa and I also really liked Jin, but...Heihachi is one of the best and most iconic villains ever, and if we get Old Man Heihachi I'm sold INSTANTLY. Younger Heihachi is cool but not as cool to me as the up close, in-your-face, badass old man. Throw in some assists by Kuma and you have one of the most raw fighters on the roster.

Happy to be part of this support group.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really like FeliciaFan's Smash moveset videos for how in-depth he gets, and he just posted a moveset concept for Heihachi.

With Street Fighter and the King of Fighters in Smash, Tekken seems like the logical next step. Hopefully we get Heihachi (or at least a Tekken character, though I'd prefer Heihachi) in Smash Ultimate as DLC.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
My Dream is Nearly Complete, gotta cross all my fingers that Heihachi Mii Costume never returns and perhaps hopefully Heihachi is in the Terry Bogard Gameplay Showcase as the First DLC Fighter Pass 2 Reveal.
795F61AD-1AF5-414F-8D0A-145B309C61A2.jpeg

Flyboy

Smash Hero
My Dream is Nearly Complete, gotta cross all my fingers that Heihachi Mii Costume never returns and perhaps hopefully Heihachi is in the Terry Bogard Gameplay Showcase as the First DLC Fighter Pass 2 Reveal.
View attachment 240451
For my dream to be complete I'd have Sol Badguy in Hayabusa's spot but this is respectable. The greatest fighting crossover of all time!

Top Bottom