• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Iron Fist - Heihachi Mishima

Yeah I want old Heihachi, but maybe his young self can be an alt?

Also can this be one too... :grin:

Imagine if Akuma got in as a Ryu Echo as well? Rematch time.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah Kazuya is OG, and still uses the Mishima fightstyle. Tekken's whole thing is built on Heihachi and Kazuya's eternal beef, and Jin himself is a result of that.

Jin is prime for AT, though I'd prefer Kuma or King lol. Maybe a boss as Devil Jin, actually?

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I'd take either old or young Heihachi as long as he's in. As for possible assist trophies, I think Kuma would fit with a playable Heihachi the most.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So there was a time Heihachi became the ship from Xevious for some reason. I didn’t even know about that till now.

I think this video sums up how crossover friendly Tekken is. (Death By Degrees not counting since it’s a spin off game)

Graizen

Smash Champion
Gon , a character from Tekken, has his own Manga and all.
Considering that Digimon is a Namco Bandai series, and Tekken is from the same company.
Gon was Tekken version of Agumon.
Maybe if Heihachi joins Smash together with Agumon, they can make a Joke about Heihachi thinking that Agumon is actualy Gon.

Gon_-_Full-body_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_3.png

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Gon , a character from Tekken, has his own Manga and all.
Considering that Digimon is a Namco Bandai series, and Tekken is from the same company.
Gon was Tekken version of Agumon.
Maybe if Heihachi joins Smash together with Agumon, they can make a Joke about Heihachi thinking that Agumon is actualy Gon.

View attachment 161331
But Gon is not a Tekken character.
Gon is his own franchise, it's own Manga character who had a guest role in Tekken 3.
Therefore, he can not be "Tekken's" version of Agumon.

Gon is not owned by Namco Bandai.

Gon would be just like Goku. A character not originated from a video game.
Therefore Gon could never make it into Smash.

Remember how Gon never reapeared in Tekken. That's because of legal issues.

If both would be to make it in, that joke "could" work, but is quite a stretch I'd say.
Still Agumon is a different story than Gon again, as Agumon and the whole digimon did actually originate from a game.
Tamagochi to be exact, which would make up an interesting role in the Smash history.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I want Heihachi I’m so bad. It would be great to have his reveal trailer have him come out of nowhere and beat up Ryu or something (Throw in a Ken echo to make it even better)

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Besides the fact that Heihachi would be an amazing newcomer to smash, I think the main reason I want him in is for Tekken Mii costumes! (Yes I'm that one guy who actually likes Miis, imagine Jin and Paul as Brawlers, Yoshimitsu as a Swordfighter or even Alisa as a makeshift Gunner! (given she doesn't have an arm cannon but there have been weirder mii costumes, ex. K.K. Slider's).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Besides the fact that Heihachi would be an amazing newcomer to smash, I think the main reason I want him in is for Tekken Mii costumes! (Yes I'm that one guy who actually likes Miis, imagine Jin and Paul as Brawlers, Yoshimitsu as a Swordfighter or even Alisa as a makeshift Gunner! (given she doesn't have an arm cannon but there have been weirder mii costumes, ex. K.K. Slider's).
All the content Tekken might bring I look forward to.

Tekken's cast being represented by mii costumes is a big plus.

But also the trophies we might get of some characters from the franchise!

And don't get me started on the music...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm starting to believe that the rest of the roster coming from the Smash Ballot, will be some of the other characters that were Mii costumes in Smash 4 that have yet to be confirmed or deconfirmed for Ultimate. The Inklings, K. Rool, Chrom, and Isabelle were all Mii costumes in Smash 4 and are now playable characters in Ultimate.

Characters from the other Mii costumes I could see make it in are:

Geno
Heihachi
Lloyd
Tails
Skull Kid
Black Knight (Echo Fighter)

Last edited:

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
well considering he was gonna be in but the couldnt find a way to implament his moveset so hence the mii coustume im down

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tekken's been one of my favorite series since I was a kid. Jin's my personal favorite, but his Grandad would be just as much of a good choice. I'm gonna try and get more into the individual character threads more. So consider me another supporter of Heihachi.

I think it'd be smart to use the Tiger Gi for his default, but his Tekken 3 alt, with the white suit and red jacket would be killer, it could eve have a Tiger Print variant like in Tekken 5's ending.
Heihachi_Mishima_SC2.png
Though the Hamaka is another design that's almost as iconic as the Tiger Gi. He even has variants of that, from Blue(T3, SC2), to Green(TTAG), to Purple(T2) and White(Death by Degrees, though that's pretty obscure). I think he had one more color variation.

D

Deleted member

So, has anybody fleshed out what his moveset would be in Smash Bros?

Also, I'd prefer Old Heihachi. It seems like the older he got, the more incredible he became, right until the very end.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Glad to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Considering the fact, at least in my eyes, that Heihachi is great with parties outside of his home-game, he'll make a pretty solid addition to the roster, as he was intended to make it in back in the DLC days of Sm4sh, but became a Mii Fighter outfit instead. (This and I only play as him in games that's not Tekken. :p)

I would love to be listed as a supporter. The king of iron fist needs his chance to evolve from a Mii outfit to a playable fighter in Smash Ultimate!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm sick and tired of people saying that Heihachi will play just like Ryu. Those people have a lack of understanding of traditional fighting games and believe that every traditional fighting game plays like Street Fighter when that is not true. Heihachi will not play like Ryu because SF and Tekken have entirely different mechanics.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Isn't Jin the main character from Tekken and is related to Heiachi? As someone who is not at all familiar with the Tekken Series why would you pick Heiachi over someone like Jin or Kazuya? Those three seem to be the most focused characters with Jin have the most out of them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Isn't Jin the main character from Tekken and is related to Heiachi? As someone who is not at all familiar with the Tekken Series why would you pick Heiachi over someone like Jin or Kazuya? Those three seem to be the most focused characters with Jin have the most out of them.
Jin is Heihachi's grandson. Aside from being one of four characters with a perfect attendance record in Tekken, Heihachi's generally used as the face of the series in crossovers like Playstation All-Stars, Pac-Man Fever, and Soul Calibur.

Besides, it's not very often that a villain is the face of a series - Kazuya might also work, but from what little I know about Tekken, he seems to be less prominent than Heihachi.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Jin is Heihachi's grandson. Aside from being one of four characters with a perfect attendance record in Tekken, Heihachi's generally used as the face of the series in crossovers like Playstation All-Stars, Pac-Man Fever, and Soul Calibur.

Besides, it's not very often that a villain is the face of a series - Kazuya might also work, but from what little I know about Tekken, he seems to be less prominent than Heihachi.
Oh. So Heiachi is preferred by Namco itself. Makes sense if they are pushing the character themselves.

D

Deleted member

The thing 'bout Kazuya is Namco had a tendency to forget about him, instead focusing on Heihachi in Tekken 3 (which featured a mostly new cast with Kazuya's morality play from Tekken 2 being quickly forgotten), and then when Jin debuted, they built a lot around him until Tekken 6, when Lars came along (Lars is an illegitimate son of Heihachi). I feel like the Mishima Saga in Tekken 7 was meant to close the storyline to try and promote Kazuya to the main antagonist, although given that Namco seems to be more focused on extending the lifespan of Tekken 7 as opposed to just starting on Tekken 8, time will tell on that strategy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp...

Even if it’s not a full on deconfirm, it doesn’t look good for him :c

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be fair, Pac-Man's ghost smash attacks and the ghost AT could coexist. This should be even less of a problem because a playable Heihachi wouldn't be an 8-bit sprite.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Chrom can be part of Robin's Final Smash and still be playable; I figure a cameo of an 8-bit sprite of Heihachi in a character's taunt doesn't exactly damage the chances of the actual character making it in.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Also, what sound effect would this make, anyway?
I hope it's one of his Tekken 3 clips. Also, considering the new dlc details (every character is from a new series to smash), I'd say Heihachi or one of the main tekken characters have a higher chance. Though, if Sakurai still feels they still can't make a moveset for Hachi, the closest character they could do is probably Kazuya or Tekken 3 Jin/Devil Jin... (Hell, having Kazuya and Jin be swaps would be amazing)

Last edited:

Zakhara

Smash Rookie
I'm not normally taken to flights of fancy, but I've pondered how Heihachi wouldn't work and think that his complicated movelist isn't necessarily the reason. Using side-B as a transitional move (his crouch-dash) with follow-up commands has been used before in the series, and would allow him to access his most memorable attacks.

The main issue (if you can call it that) with Heihachi's gameplay is that it's fundamentally "Tekken"--high execution, high reward. One could use "smash B" inputs to do Electric Wind God Fist (side-B: side+B again with strict timing, whatever); the issue is whether that's too much. Ryu's unorthodox pressure-sensitive normals are pushing boundaries, so perhaps such challenging standards hold back Heihachi's chances?

Personally, I think the "Old man rushdown" with strong emphasis on frame-perfect timing is a unique niche, which gives him a leg to stand on. Just depends if that's the kind of legs papa Sakurai wants his kids to stand on.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Heihachi.png

Been a blast playing the new Super Smash Bros, and looking at the cast, and what could be to come next, I think Heihachi is a great choice. Not only to signify the close relationship with Namco Bandai and Nintendo, but also to leave a mark on the world of 3D Fighting gmes, which Tekken dominates, no doubt. Heihachi is a king of crossovers already, recognizable, and got a great reason to be represented.

Sakurai has been talking about the character in the past, and he also makes a cameo on Pac-Man, which is awesome inn on about itself. However, is it enough? Tekken 7 is still relevant in today esport gaming, and Heihachi is no doubt one of the faces of Tekken. Smash is lacking the "old master" character, and representation within 3D Fighters. Heihachi is badass, got a great fighting style, and would compliment the roster, Smash fans and Tekken fans alike.

I've been a huge fan of Tekken ever since my first taste of it, Tekken 3 on PS1. Followed by Tekken Tag and Tekken 4 shortly thereafter. I've followed Tekken ever since and outside of the PSP game, I've had them all, and enjoyed them. Heihachi to me is one of my favourite characters, absolute top 5 in the series. He is my choice over Kazuya and Jin any day. He is only outshined by Marduk and Steve. Tie with Eddy Gordo (not for the circle spam, but he was my first character trying T3).

While it's true that there are no certainty that Namco would get a new character representation, the two popular choices lays on Heihachi to represent Tekken, and Lloyd Irving, a less relevant, but highly popular character from Tales of Symphonia and it's "one" sequal. Both equal in terms of gameplay value, and gameplay design (which I appreciate), but as a major Tekken fan, I would prefer Heihachi. However, both along the lines would be fine by me, and I'd welcome Lloyd if he got choosed over Heihachi.

That's basically all I got to say, and that during this speculation, I will keep supporting the old guy!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A new character was just confirmed for Tekken 7.

I'm well aware of what day it is, but it would be even funnier if this wound up actually happening.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A new character was just confirmed for Tekken 7.

I'm well aware of what day it is, but it would be even funnier if this wound up actually happening.
Still more plausible than last year when the April Fool's fighter was Eevee.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I think it's sort of sad, because I actually would love to see Harada as a playable ...
Also, do you notice the stance? Looks like Harada would be an echo fighter of Feng Wei.

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
Hi there i'm new here well to aspects of wanting Heihachi and I created this good looking art smash list of fighters and give to yourself and you could have this so it can be fair him and he's on my list for DLC.

Fighter 73 - Heihachi.png

Well now i'm here I support Heihachi for Smash!!!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Do you guys think Heihachi still has a shot even though he is part of one of Pac-Man's taunts?

Besides, it's not very often that a villain is the face of a series
Nightmare - Soul Calibur

Which is ironic since Tekken and Soul Calibur are both made by Namco-Bandai.

The only Tekken character I feel could represent the series with perfect elegance.
Yoshimitsu would be a glorious option as well since he would be representing both Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Do you guys think Heihachi still has a shot even though he is part of one of Pac-Man's taunts?
Smash allows 8-bit and HD versions of characters to coexist. See: the Duck Hunt dog on the Duck Hunt stage.

Top Bottom