• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Iron Fist - Heihachi Mishima

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'd love to see Heihachi, being considered in 4 anf Bandai's continued involvement makes me think he might be under rated as a potential newcomer this time around.

I imagine one way to reconcile the massive list of moves and combos he has would be to have a b or side b like a fisticuffs version of dancing blade, able to string a variety of different punches and kicks from his specials in between his tilts and jabs.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
At this point I think they will actually try to make Heihachi work. Using PSASBR as an excuse doesn't matter anymore since they added the hazard toggle. Plus if any group can do it, it's the Namco Bandai team.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You think his final smash will be the "throw young Kazuya off a cliff QTE" from Tekken 7?

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Heihachi's likely Final Smash, were he to get in, is likely the Rage Art from Tekken 7, one of the 10-hit combos, or tying someone to a rocket and firing that rocket.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I want the tying down to a rocket to be his final smash to continue the jabs at PSASBR. lol (I liked PSASBR)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We'll there's a rumor with him in it called "old man"

And plus he was considered by sakurai it was betweenness him and Pac-man for smash 4

If we get a second Nampo rep it would be him so support here I come

Also that he a villain and we need more villains playable in smash bros

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
We'll there's a rumor with him in it called "old man"

And plus he was considered by sakurai it was betweenness him and Pac-man for smash 4

If we get a second Nampo rep it would be him so support here I come

Also that he a villain and we need more villains playable in smash bros
Oh? Who else is in the rumor?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Hints for other characters. (King K Rool, Dixie Kong, and Decidueye to name a few)

It was a 4chan rumor. So take with a grain of salt. (Although this is more believable then others, it predicted what I feel is unrealistic numbers wise)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Bad news it's 4chan but this one is one of the better Rumors

Here's the others

https://www.inverse.com/article/46760-4chan-leak-reveals-11-new-super-smash-bros-ultimate-characters

King k rool
Dixie kong
Heihachi (logically best old man theory there is)
Decidueye
Simon belmont
Isabella
Elma (but this is a best guess)
Rythm heaven rep (chorus kids if he tried that again)
Geno
Dark samus or Ninten
No one can figure out "folklore"

That's them

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bad news it's 4chan but this one is a little better than the other

Here's the others

King k rool
Dixie kong
Heihachi (logically best old man theory there is)
Decidueye
Simon belmont
Isabella
Elma (but this is a best guess)
Rythm heaven rep (chorus is if he tried that again)
Geno
Dark samus

That's them
The last one may be Ninten instead of Dark Samus

Prime Rib is Ninten's favorite food

Quite frankly, if it IS meant to be Ninten that's a fake list to me

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The last one may be Ninten instead of Dark Samus

Prime Rib is Ninten's favorite food

Quite frankly, if it IS meant to be Ninten that's a fake list to me
Yea true

Hey still a good shot he might revisit heihachi for smash playable I mean two reps per company theory could turn up

Sonic/bayonetta, megaman/Ryu and snake/Simon Belmont (possibly)

For this case Pac-man/heihachi and cloud/geno or sora

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yea true

Hey still a good shot he might revisit heihachi for smash playable I mean two reps per company theory could turn up

Sonic/bayonetta, megaman/Ryu and snake/Simon Belmont (possibly)

For this case Pac-man/heihachi and cloud/geno or sora
Eh, Bayo barely counts as Sega nowadays.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Really, the possibility to have all the third parties evened out makes me excited. I want all of them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Which Tekken games would be worth looking into? I got Tekken 7 through a Steam sale, and since I got a used PS3 recently, I also got Tekken 2. I think every game in the series should be available on PS3 (aside from Tekken 3, due to copyright/licensing issues with Gon the dinosaur), so I have a lot of options now.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Which Tekken games would be worth looking into? I got Tekken 7 through a Steam sale, and since I got a used PS3 recently, I also got Tekken 2. I think every game in the series should be available on PS3 (aside from Tekken 3, due to copyright/licensing issues with Gon the dinosaur), so I have a lot of options now.
I would recommend Tag Tournament, Tag Tournament 2, Tekken 4, and Tekken 5. Theres also Tekken Prime Edition for the 3DS.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Tag Tournament 2
I have that one for the Wii U, at least. Not sure if it was the best game to start with, given how many characters there are, but it made me want to get into the rest of the series. (hence why I bought Tekken 7) I probably should have mentioned that in the first place; my bad.

As of now, I have Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U), Tekken 7 (Steam), and Tekken 2 (PS3).

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I would not mind Heihachi as long if Rayman in smash ultimate then I wouldn't care who comes in smash.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for my Wii U. But, I'm planning on getting Tekken 7 for my PS4. I support!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It was really something when the Heihachi mii costume got highlighted in the Ryu trailer

I feel like Sakurai really wants Heihachi in smash

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
It was really something when the Heihachi mii costume got highlighted in the Ryu trailer

I feel like Sakurai really wants Heihachi in smash
As far as I know, Heihachi was considered, but Sakurai and team found him difficult to work with in Smash. He could still be reconsidered.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I still think part of the reason might’ve been not wanting to copy PlayStation All-Stars. Like with the hazard toggle. Although I can see them finding a way to get him to work. Especially with the help of Namco.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figure that, if it comes down to a choice between Pac-Man and any other Namco-Bandai character, they're going to go with Pac-Man first. He's the face of the company, and easily its most recognizable character.

I just beat Tekken 7's story mode (aside from the special Shin Akuma fight, where you're thrown into playing as a character that (from what I recall) you hadn't played as in any other point in the story against a version of Akuma that's as hard as any of his other bonus boss encounters), and I could see Heihachi working in Smash, or at least, it's easier for me to picture him doing so. His final combo on Kazuya seems like it would work well as a final smash (not much range, but similar to DK or Little Mac's), and while his range wouldn't be great, there are plenty of other characters that only have melee moves, so he wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It certainly looks like it, given the series icon (among other things; that's just what immediately stood out). It's probably best not to believe a supposed "leak" unless there's convincing video, and even then, that's no guarantee. (as we saw with the Smashified Rayman leak)

toonito

Smash Ace
put me down as a supporter

would like to see how Sakurai translates him to Smash like he did with Ryu

if he's not able to come i still would want a Tekken character in Smash

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
At this point I think they will actually try to make Heihachi work. Using PSASBR as an excuse doesn't matter anymore since they added the hazard toggle. Plus if any group can do it, it's the Namco Bandai team.
They could also turn to Katsuhiro Harada and the Tekken team if they need help to implement him for Smash.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm a huge fan of Tekken 4, for the music, stages and the fun, yet somewhat cheesy gameplay. When I say cheesy, it's more about the wall-game. When hit into a wall, a lot of damage could be taken, which some really dislike, but I loved the 4th entry.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hi! I've been talking with friends about the potential of a second Namco character, and of course Heihachi / Tekken was part of the discussion. One thing that came up was, of course the moveset. First, I'll acknowledge that I'm no Tekken expert.

So yeah, moveset, and the "lack of interesting moves". After all, despite having some electrical power and some signature moves (the only one I can think of is the Spinning Demon... Because of Dampierre from SoulCalibur), it doesn't have the same cultural impact as Ryu's special moves (despite being basic too). Heihachi does look more realistic and therefore feel more "basic".

But what if this lack of special moves can be a strength? With Ryu, inputs like QCF are implemented, as well as hold input for normals. With this, he bring some Street Fighter in Smash.

Now what if Heihachi, instead of A for normals and B for specials had actually a button for punches and one for kicks? Basically two sets of normals, aerials and Smash included. This could emulate Tekken playstyle, giving players options to differents combos with a big list of available moves.
Of course, this brings several questions. The balance of course to begin with. Also the recovery, how can it work? How many moves can a character have? (Ryu only have 4 more moves than the others afer all.)

Now this is obviously fantasized thinking. For example, Bayonetta have combos simply on one input (Jab, FTilt, Fair), so it's entirely possible to put combos on various inputs. Does Heihachi have stances affecting his moves? I think yes because of Street Fighter x Tekken but I'm not sure.

I'm certain that things can be found for specials moves as we know it, but yeah, IMO I think that it would be interesting to have a character changing this concept a bit.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I would say between Tekken 3 or Tekken 5.

Personally, I really feel that the 5th game is my favourite out of all the Tekkens I've played in the past.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Besides Bandana Dee and Mighty, I think Heihachi is one of my most wanted characters from Namco to be in Smash, with maybe Yoshimitsu being right behind him ONLY because he can represent two franchises.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Hi! I've been talking with friends about the potential of a second Namco character, and of course Heihachi / Tekken was part of the discussion. One thing that came up was, of course the moveset. First, I'll acknowledge that I'm no Tekken expert.

So yeah, moveset, and the "lack of interesting moves". After all, despite having some electrical power and some signature moves (the only one I can think of is the Spinning Demon... Because of Dampierre from SoulCalibur), it doesn't have the same cultural impact as Ryu's special moves (despite being basic too). Heihachi does look more realistic and therefore feel more "basic".

But what if this lack of special moves can be a strength? With Ryu, inputs like QCF are implemented, as well as hold input for normals. With this, he bring some Street Fighter in Smash.

Now what if Heihachi, instead of A for normals and B for specials had actually a button for punches and one for kicks? Basically two sets of normals, aerials and Smash included. This could emulate Tekken playstyle, giving players options to differents combos with a big list of available moves.
Of course, this brings several questions. The balance of course to begin with. Also the recovery, how can it work? How many moves can a character have? (Ryu only have 4 more moves than the others afer all.)

Now this is obviously fantasized thinking. For example, Bayonetta have combos simply on one input (Jab, FTilt, Fair), so it's entirely possible to put combos on various inputs. Does Heihachi have stances affecting his moves? I think yes because of Street Fighter x Tekken but I'm not sure.

I'm certain that things can be found for specials moves as we know it, but yeah, IMO I think that it would be interesting to have a character changing this concept a bit.
I would actually like this a lot. It would make up for Smash's lack of having four buttons for attacks. And yeah, some things can be used for the specials like with what PSASBR did with his bowling pin trophies and the Tekken Ball. However, I think your idea would be probably how he'd be implemented into Smash.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm thinking they could give Heihachi set knockback on quite a few of his moves to allow the Tekken juggle combos.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So EVO is coming up. Hopefully? Doubt it’ll happen but I would love it. If not, our only other hope is a Smash Direct.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo is going to break expectations and reveal a character during EVO, then Heihachi would be THE guy to go with. Generally, even, I think Heihachi is THE third party character they'll go with along with Simon Belmont.

So if not at EVO I'd still wager on his inclusion, given Sakurai's previous statements on the character (characters specifically stated to be considered often are added in future titles. See Pac-Man, Villager, Miis) and Bandai-Namco's return to development.

Top Bottom