• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Iron Fist - Heihachi Mishima

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Heihachi Mishima

Heihachi Mishima as he appears in the upcoming Tekken 7.

Who's Heihachi Mishima?

Heihachi Mishima is the head of the Mishima Zaibatsu, current patriarch of the Mishima family, and a long time character in the Tekken franchise. He's known for not being a nice guy. Rather, he is known being the usual villain of the series. Heihachi is responsible for holding the majority of the King of Iron Fist tournaments. Heihachi is cruel, merciless, power hungry, and not a very good parent. He threw his son of a cliff to kill him since he already killed his mother when she got a devil form. He failed an attempt on his grandson's life. This guy isn't winning any awards on being a good parent or grandparent.

What can Heihachi do?
Heihachi Mishima is primarily a martial artist, practicing the fictional Mishima Karate fighting style. Heihachi Mishima uses his fighting style for taking down all who stand in his way using devastating punches, kicks, grabs, and other attacks. Unlike Capcom's Ryu, Heihachi's martial arts consists of follow up techs and different techniques.

Heihachi is from Bandai-Namco. Has he been on Nintendo?
Heihachi has shown in Nintendo platforms like Tekken Advance on the GBA, the Project X Zone games on the 3DS, and The Wii U Edition of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and even Pac Man Fever game on the Gamecube. In fact, he cameos as a costume for Miis in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. He's no stranger to Nintendo and crossovers in general.

Arguments for and Against Heihachi
Heihachi has these things going for him.

• Considered by Sakurai once before
  • A new franchise and the unique position of a villain being a face of a franchise
  • An iconic face in Tekken.
  • Bandai Namco is on good terms with Nintendo.
  • His franchise does have a future.
  • Bandai Namco uses Heihachi for their crossovers when representing Tekken.
Heihachi has these things going against him.

• Sakurai has reported to have trouble working on him, passing him up for Pac-Man.
  • Jin Kazama, and Kazuya Mishima can give him some competition.
  • The "martial artist" theme may, in some people's eyes, be already been taken by Street Fighter's Ryu.
Moveset Ideas
Heihachi's fighting style, association with the tournament, and the less serious use of bowling can set him apart from other martial artists. His gimmick could be follow-up attacks. Almost everything his games supply can easily be worked into his moveset. Throwing trophies and bowling balls would bring the less serious elements of Tekken into Smash. I propose three Final Smash options for people think about.

One is sending people upwards tied to a rocket like his ending of Tekken 5 and in Playstation All Stars.

Another could be any ten hit combo that he possesess pulled from the Tekken games.

Or he could utilize his Rage Art that shows up in Tekken 7.

Why Heihachi?
Heihachi is a villain, which the roster seems to lack. He was considered for Smash once before and can be considered again. Heihachi is no stranger to crossovers, even in his company and with other companies. Heihachi is an iconic face in Tekken and Bandai Namco as a whole. Heihachi could also provide some Tekken mechanics if he gets in. Ryu and Heihachi matchups could happen once again.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still support the King of the Iron Fist.

Heihachi definitely should have had a lot of potential if he did make it in Smash (though Pac-Man's inclusion was a blessing).

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I shall support this! I play Tekken series as much as Smash. A Tekken fighter being in Smash will make my day, I tell you what.

And this is just me: the Mii costume based on him is not too bad, but I passed on that in favor of the Viridi and Ashley outfits, so...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Glad to see someone brought over this idea to here. (I still support Heihachi)

As for some things I may suggest, to the positives for how he can get in, Heihachi is the character Namco always uses in the crossovers to represent Tekken.

For his victory theme: (Something like this. A remix of a theme for one of the games.)

Win Poses:

I'd also be fine if you decided to take ideas from my old thread. His moveset ideas, the stage idea, etc. I just really like the idea of Heihachi getting into Smash and I think he can add a lot due to having different fighting style from Ryu and representing one of the bigger fighting franchises out there after Street Fighter helps.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But the real question is, should Heihachi be dubbed or keep his iconic Japanese voice.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
But the real question is, should Heihachi be dubbed or keep his iconic Japanese voice.
I say let him keep his Japanese voice. It would fit the character a little more since Heihachi is from Japan, in two senses. Also, I think Unsho Ishizuka is good voice for Heihachi.

I'd also be fine if you decided to take ideas from my old thread. His moveset ideas, the stage idea, etc. I just really like the idea of Heihachi getting into Smash and I think he can add a lot due to having different fighting style from Ryu and representing one of the bigger fighting franchises out there after Street Fighter helps.
Thank you. I like that you suggested, via video, poses from Tekken 3 and allowing me to use some of the old thread ideas.

As for a victory theme, I was thinking about at least one of these three tracks pulled from the main Tekken games.

I could agree with the Arcade or console mix of this track from Tekken 2. However, I'd pull from the beginning 13 seconds

I can also go for his Arcade theme from Tekken 2

Or Tekken 3's Arcade theme for him

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Torn between Heihachi and Agumon if Namco-Bandai got a second character (much like how Sega got Sonic+Bayonetta and Capcom got Mega Man+Ryu), but I'd be fine with either of them!

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Torn between Heihachi and Agumon if Namco-Bandai got a second character (much like how Sega got Sonic+Bayonetta and Capcom got Mega Man+Ryu), but I'd be fine with either of them!
Would Agumon be eligible though? Since Digimon originated as a toy similar to Tamagotchi, perhaps it could be a special case like R.O.B., but since it's third-party I don't know whether it'd be considered/seen in the same light.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Best second namco bandai character for smash imo plus tekken vs sf in smash would be sick.

Not high on my 3rd party wants but one of the few so count me in.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Let's compromise and wish for dual audio selection in Smash Switch.

Anyways, sign me the heck up.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I support this. Pac-Man is the perfectly logical choice as the first Namco rep... and if Namco gets a second rep, it should be someone from the Tekken series... and Heihachi is my top choice.

If Namco gets a third rep, it should be someone from the Tales series... and Lloyd is my top choice but that's for another thread.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was thinking about Heihachi's color pallets and how we could probably add costumes into them to represent the colors. (Like Little Mac)

He has a lot of good selections for this. Like his SoulCalibur 2 outfit for his blue pallet.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I was thinking about Heihachi's color pallets and how we could probably add costumes into them to represent the colors. (Like Little Mac)

He has a lot of good selections for this. Like his SoulCalibur 2 outfit for his blue pallet.
I like the idea. That was based off of his Tekken 3 appearance. I'd give the gauntlets both on and off of Heihachi for looks based design to referencing Soul Calibur 2. Also, giving nods to that game would be a "you're welcome" statement for Link's appearance in the Gamecube release of Soul Calibur 2.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So now that Tekken 7 is out, I still stand by the belief that Heihachi is the most likely of the three Mishimas. Thinking about how he has the most consistent appearances on Nintendo consoles. Having appeared in games that didn't even have Jin or Kazuya.

And with how important he was in Tekken 7, I feel the next Smash would be the best time for him, or Kazuya, if it's made. (Or just a port.) Although I do also believe that Namco would need to be involved with the game in some way like the last one. (Just for another Namco character in general. But that's just personal thoughts.)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd dig Heihachi in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am actually very much expecting this guy to happen next Smash

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
For stages, i'd like to push the G-Corporation building roof top. It's where Akuma fights Kazuya. The stage can have platforms on the sides of the helipad and overall be a good flat arena.

Another good stage location could be the Mishima family dojo.

And speaking of the G-Corporation building, another possible final smash for Heihachi is calling down an orbital laser because he does that now.

And for gameplay, a possibility of incorporating Tekken 7's rage art or the powered up state Heihachi enters during the finale of the story would be interesting.

For anyone who has Tekken 7, how is the game?.
It's great.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
For stages, i'd like to push the G-Corporation building roof top. It's where Akuma fights Kazuya. The stage can have platforms on the sides of the helipad and overall be a good flat arena.

Another good stage location could be the Mishima family dojo.

And speaking of the G-Corporation building, another possible final smash for Heihachi is calling down an orbital laser because he does that now.

And for gameplay, a possibility of incorporating Tekken 7's rage art or the powered up state Heihachi enters during the finale of the story would be interesting.

It's great.
G-Corporation? Never thought of that. I guess it is a viable option now Tekken 7 shows it off. Orbital Laser for Heihachi as a Final Smash? It sounds like an easy made FS. Man, I'd like to see and play the game.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tekken 7 is a pretty fantastic game. For the first entry on the PC in the series, the game is optimized incredibly well. It also looks beautiful. I can't get over how much better the visuals on this game look compared to Injustice 2, Street Fighter V and King of Fighters XIV. It visually makes those game look like bargain bin games.

Haven't played a fighting game so full of content at launch maybe since Melee.

And man the gameplay and balance is amazing.

Would love to see Heihachi in Smash. That way Smash would not only have the icon of 2D fighting games in Smash (Ryu), but of 3D Fighters too (Heihachi). That sounds like a fantastic "All-Star" addition to me!

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Tekken 7 is a pretty fantastic game. For the first entry on the PC in the series, the game is optimized incredibly well. It also looks beautiful. I can't get over how much better the visuals on this game look compared to Injustice 2, Street Fighter V and King of Fighters XIV. It visually makes those game look like bargain bin games.

Haven't played a fighting game so full of content at launch maybe since Melee.

And man the gameplay and balance is amazing.

Would love to see Heihachi in Smash. That way Smash would not only have the icon of 2D fighting games in Smash (Ryu), but of 3D Fighters too (Heihachi). That sounds like a fantastic "All-Star" addition to me!
Welcome aboard Johnknight1. I'd like to see Heihachi duke it out with Ryu and the stars n Smash. Characters can be reconsidered and Heihachi is one of those characters I'd like reconsidered.

I'm glad I'm seeing some positive things about Tekken 7.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Welcome aboard Johnknight1.
How can you welcome me aboard a hype train I never got off=??? :alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

And yeah... I haven't played much Tekken 7. It's been a solid decade since I dug into my last Tekken game real deep (Tekken 5), mostly because I was always on the Street Fighter side of Street Fighter vs. Tekken in the arcades and I kind of stuck to that loyalty. But I did always appreciate the greatness of Tekken, and I got to say seeing its evolution as a series has been amazing.

I can't think of a fighting game series that has evolved more forward than Tekken has. From a C-tier Virtua Fighter rip-off to the best-selling fighting game series with millions of fans around the world. Seeing the growth of the cast, gameplay, stage interactions, graphics, fighter dynamics, and developmental process has been amazing. And the little I played of Tekken 7 since it came out has just WOW'd me.

You can feel the love and the half decade of hard work needed to make this game oozing out of it. It reminds me a lot of Breath of the Wild in the best ways in that regard.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
How can you welcome me aboard a hype train I never got off=??? :alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:
Didn't know you were part of that hype train. Well, no harm, no foul. Both Tekken and Street Fighter franchises do have their merits. I am hoping Sakurai or whoever is handling the next Smash considers Heihachi and an announcement saying he's fully playable.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm... I had an idea. If Tekken 7 comes to Switch, why not continue the trend of other game baddies crossing over they got going with Akuma and Geese?

Smash Bros Ganondorf or, if they're feeling creative, Bowser, or if they stretch the defintion of baddie, Donkey Kong would all rock in Tekken.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Man it's been a while. Anyway, yeah i'd like to see that. Although both Ganondorf and Bowser would both seem strange. But then again, an ancient evil and a weird beast fighters aren't anything new to Tekken.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Hmm... I had an idea. If Tekken 7 comes to Switch, why not continue the trend of other game baddies crossing over they got going with Akuma and Geese?

Smash Bros Ganondorf or, if they're feeling creative, Bowser, or if they stretch the defintion of baddie, Donkey Kong would all rock in Tekken.
Tekken 7 getting on the Switch would be sweet. As for a Nintendo exclusive character, I am not sure if the Tekken team would go for it. They could bring the costumes and Nintendo themed modes into the Switch release like the Wii U Edition of Tag 2.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I am not a third party expert, but if Nintendo wants to add a Tekken character into Smash, I won't have any objections.

I don't know anything about Tekken, but I know what I know about Bandai Namco. So I Support.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Let's see if Sakurai and team give Heihachi Mishima another shot.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
In. Tekken is my favorite fighting game franchise of all time. While others were busy playing Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter, I spent an ungodly amount of hours on Tekken, most notably Tekken 5.

While Devil Jin is my favorite character, I wholly support the world's greatest dad Heihachi for Smash. He's one of my dark horse picks!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Tekken is my favourite fighting franchise. While we do got 2D-Fighting represented in Ryu. We don't have the 3D-Fighting represented. Heihachi Mishima would be the best choice IMO. Both for a Tekken character and for a 3D-Fighter. Plus, Heihachi is one of my favourite Tekken characters, which makes it easier for me.

Top Bottom