• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Fighters - Kyo for Smash! (Game Over! Maybe Next Time?)

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Sorry for asking too much and it's probably a stupid one too but how different?
I say Iori would be like Mario and Luigi. The only thing they are same is the projectile and recovery. Their normals, smashes, aerials are way different.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I say Iori would be like Mario and Luigi. The only thing they are same is the projectile and recovery. Their normals, smashes, aeriald are way different.
And even then, in most games Kyo doesn't have that projectile.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Hey, what if the reason Sakurai omitted Tears and Kyo's mii costume is because he's sneaking Kyo in as a fighter after fp2? I know it's really unlikely, but just saying.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
"I wish Kyo could take on some of the most well-known fighters in the world through a crossover event!"

"Wish granted! Now enjoy having Kyo fight against Dwayne Johnson and John Cena!"

I've never been under the influence of LSD, but I imagine it'd be something like this.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In all honesty, this is a good way to tell SNK's moving on up when they're doing another crossover involving a massive brand this quickly after Smash.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
"I wish Kyo could take on some of the most well-known fighters in the world through a crossover event!"

"Wish granted! Now enjoy having Kyo fight against Dwayne Johnson and John Cena!"

I've never been under the influence of LSD, but I imagine it'd be something like this.
Part of me wants to run away screaming, but another part wants a story arc involving John Cena turning heel due to the influence of Orochi's blood.

Boy, the SNK cinematic universe is growing at an alarming rate.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

As nutty as this is, the Taiwanese version of the game had a crossover that only gave everyone a green option card, so this could be something of that scale.

Maybe.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

No way...! WWE wrestlers in an SNK game?! I wonder what other surprises SNK might have in store for us?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
> TFW Kyo meets Dwayne Johnson and John Cena in an official crossover event before being guest starring in a recent fighting game himself :(

Gotta say though this is pretty cool and hilarious at the same time. I should probably get back into KOFAS, though my phone can barely run it and playing it through Bluestacks is such a hassle.

toonito

Smash Ace
> TFW Kyo meets Dwayne Johnson and John Cena in an official crossover event before being guest starring in a recent fighting game himself :(

Gotta say though this is pretty cool and hilarious at the same time. I should probably get back into KOFAS, though my phone can barely run it and playing it through Bluestacks is such a hassle.
Kyo Kusanagi and Friends Join the Battle in Super Smas-LEMME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHERS!

wait-

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If side b becomes the rekka punches, then it should be tap for Aragami and hold for Dokugami.
Also, how would those moves work in the air?

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
colab.png

Let's all be real here. This will never, ever happen.​

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

Scooby Doo also crossed over with WWE. Kof and Scooby Doo are now connected.

But as my profile picture implies, i am used to see my favorite characters get screwed over for no reason.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
honestly, i don't see the appeal of the idea of nintendo vs capcom as much as, say, mvc or cvs

i think it's because we already see most big nintendo characters in one big crossover and i feel like, if an nvc were to happen, the nintendo side would just be an offshoot of smash's roster unless capcom picked

so i couldn't really get into the idea of nvc unless they spiced it up a little with some nintendo characters that aren't in smash yet

like, we already see all these guys in another big crossover game

what's weird is that this last point probably also applies to snk with kof yet a new cvs would still get me hyped as all hell

i don't know what it is in that case

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
NESTS Kyo wears a decrative chain, and 03/XI Kyo wears a really long belt.
If he gets in, he would have the auto turnaround like Ryu/Ken/Terry, but what would happen to the chain/belt? It would be a bit odd to see his chain rest on his left leg, and when he turns around it's suddenly on his right leg.

Edit: Just searched, and Terry's hat doesn't always show the word 'Fatal'. When he faces left it shows the word 'Fury'.
IMG_20200615_173223.jpg

IMG_20200615_173225.jpg

Maybe this can be the case for Kyo as well?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean there is nothing stopping Sakurai from adding him but I just don't see them double-dipping with SNK. The way I see it his background cameo is essentially Sakurai's way of saying "sorry he couldn't make it, here he is in some form." Not to mention we got a bunch of SNK songs, most of which are from KoF (and the 3 Esaka tracks are strongly associated with Kyo). If Kyo was planned to be playable I don't think they would've added all of that with Terry's release; they would have saved it for Kyo.
Also :ultkingdedede: is the final nail in the coffin of "background characters = deconfirmed" because of Dreamland 64

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Ok serious question, if we get a KoF rep in Smash, who do you think it is? 100% Kyo, or maybe Iori?

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Ok serious question, if we get a KoF rep in Smash, who do you think it is? 100% Kyo, or maybe Iori?
On one hand, I think among general SNK reps, Nakoruru certainly benefits from Min Min being picked over Spring Man, considering she's generally seen as more popular than Haohmaru.

On the other hand, it might also benefit Iori in favor of Kyo - the former has been a solo KoF rep in crossovers before and also got more content than Kyo in this game. So it's hard to tell right now.

Regardless, I don't think this question will be answered in Ultimate.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
i don't think we're getting anymore snk content in ultimate, but i could absolutely see them pulling a castlevania in smash 6 and adding both kyo and iori at once

D

Deleted member

i don't think we're getting anymore snk content in ultimate, but i could absolutely see them pulling a castlevania in smash 6 and adding both kyo and iori at once
What about Shingo as Kyo's Echo, I mean like is Shingo obscure?

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
On one hand, I think among general SNK reps, Nakoruru certainly benefits from Min Min being picked over Spring Man, considering she's generally seen as more popular than Haohmaru.

On the other hand, it might also benefit Iori in favor of Kyo - the former has been a solo KoF rep in crossovers before and also got more content than Kyo in this game. So it's hard to tell right now.

Regardless, I don't think this question will be answered in Ultimate.
Just today I asked people if they wanted to see Kyo as a bonus character.
Someone said "Let's just put Iori instead" and someone else mistook Iori with Kyo.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Honestly, I'd say 50% Kyo and 50% Iori.

Kyo benefits from being the true main character of the series in a much more clear-cut way than someone like Spring Man. However, Iori is waaay more popular while Kyo always gets ignored (see Iori getting a Mii Costume but not Kyo). Sakurai even praised Iori's design in the Terry showcase plus I think that "he will forever be a highschooler" comment when talking about Kyo was meant to be a jab towards him.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Kyo benefits from being the true main character of the series in a much more clear-cut way than someone like Spring Man. However, Iori is waaay more popular while Kyo always gets ignored (see Iori getting a Mii Costume but not Kyo). Sakurai even praised Iori's design in the Terry showcase plus I think that "he will forever be a highschooler" comment when talking about Kyo was meant to be a jab towards him.
like i said, i could totally see them pulling a simon/richter and adding both if terry stays in smash 6

D

Deleted member

like i said, i could totally see them pulling a simon/richter and adding both if terry stays in smash 6
I forgot if this was said from the Kyo or Iori board but I remember one person said that Iori being and Echo of Kyo would be a betrayal to Iori because it'd be like Vegeta as a Goku Echo.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I forgot if this was said from the Kyo or Iori board but I remember one person said that Iori being and Echo of Kyo would be a betrayal to Iori because it'd be like Vegeta as a Goku Echo.
i didn't say iori would be an echo, i meant pulling a simon/richter as in giving a new third-party series two reps right off the bat and revealing both at once

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This echo talk has made people completely bugnuts, I swear. It should only apply to characters that are similar enough in appearance, not willy-nilly like fitting a square into a round peg.

The actual thing to consider is whether the "second unique newcomer for a third-party series" boundary will be reached at some point, seeing as they mostly still focus on adding the chief MCs of third-party series.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker

I saw a youtube comment saying "One is Sakurai's favorite, and the other is just forever a schoolboy."

D

Deleted member

SNK: POW (Metal Slug). Spawns on a random spot on the stage, untie him for a random item.

Microsoft: Monk (Age of Empries). Converts an enemy Poke Ball/AT to your side.
Who would work as a King of Fighters assist trophy?

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Who would work as a King of Fighters assist trophy?
I think it would be Benimaru Nikaido, because he isn't a stage cameo/Spirit (despite Pikachu representing him in Kyo's) and he showed up most when I searched Internet for this (also, I'll probably ask for a place in a supporter list thanks to my fan-ness on SNK games).

Top Bottom