• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Dreamland gets buffed! The King Dedede main discussion thread

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
How do you hit it right? Ive been chuckin Gordos at Peaches castle all night with no luck. Not 100% anyway. Not like in the video where he does it 3 or 4 times in a row at close range.
I think it may depend on the angle of the Gordo and how long into it's duration it was hit. Try angling it upward and have it land on the side of the stage. Or just look it up.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I rarely, if ever, go for it. Most of the time I just do it accidentally and just capitalize off of that if it hits.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yeah, I rarely, if ever, go for it. Most of the time I just do it accidentally and just capitalize off of that if it hits.
I bet Girthquake will make a video about advanced Gordo tech but yeah for now i guess we just gotta wait.

Last edited:

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
Anyone have an idea when the stickies will be updated? They've been nothing but placeholder text since August.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Dedede is good. Better than his last iteration by miles. I think he got the most buffs of all characters. I mean, yeah, he has a lot of weaknesses that should be addressed, but there’s nothing we can really do about it since Nintendo won’t listen to us. But he’s better overall, and that what makes him good.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Ya but what makes him good
More combo potential than he did in Smash 4 and the new endlag reductions fixes arguably his biggest weakness he used to have. Obviously he still has some endlag but his OOS and retreat options are way better. Plus his new b-air and buffs to his up tilt also help. Gordos, while unable to triangulate anymore, are now better than ever at edgeguarding. And inhale is now a usable response to projectiles.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
Well, I finally made it into Elite with my first character: DeDeDe! Not that being in Elite means that much, haha.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Not sure where to ask this lol, but is there anybody who plays d3 who has also found a consistent combo or move that lets you connect to grab? In sm4sh we could just do jab 1 jab 2 then grab, but in ultimate grab 2 auto goes in to jab 3 unless you really delay it and when you do, the opponent has enough time to react.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Not sure where to ask this lol, but is there anybody who plays d3 who has also found a consistent combo or move that lets you connect to grab? In sm4sh we could just do jab 1 jab 2 then grab, but in ultimate grab 2 auto goes in to jab 3 unless you really delay it and when you do, the opponent has enough time to react.
No, seems it's too fast now.

Falling f-air into d-tilt seems to mix people up so if you fall a f-air and then dashgrab that might work.

D

Deleted member

So I was watching this video on Dedede:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMd66Cgbeu

And 3 stocks Yoshi and 2 stocks K. Rool
I think the Yoshi/K. Rool player sucked at approaching and basically made themselves easy targets. I thought Dedede kept using Gordos the first round, which was kind of annoying and repetitive.

What are your thoughts? That’s all I have now.

Top Bottom