• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kid With a Knack for Invention: Jimmy Neutron Support Thread (Confirmed for 2!)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Gentlemen, I give you, my latest invention:
The Neutron Supporter 9000!
It allows you to post your support for Jimmy Neutron in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, and suggest ideas for his moveset or how to represent his franchise in the game.

Who Is Jimmy Neutron?

Anyone who watched Nickelodeon in the 2000s shouldn't need to ask this, but why not. Jimmy Neutron is the titular star of the movie Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and its TV show spinoff, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. As the subtitle suggests, he is a boy genius, and shows this off in both the movie and the show with numerous inventions, ranging from the self-explanatory Shrink Ray and Hypno-Beam, to Goddard, his robotic dog. The movie showcased him using inventions to communicate with aliens, accidentally causing the alien race that discovers his satellite, the Yolkians, to abduct all the parents in Retroville, and then helping the town's kids turn the local amusement park's rides into rocket ships to take back their parents. The TV show, on the other hand, usually showcased Jimmy creating new inventions or sometimes bringing back old ones to solve problems in his life, only to create even bigger ones, for example in "See Jimmy Run", Jimmy invented shoes that make him run faster, only to eventually be stuck running constantly until he turned himself into a blob of goo. Both the movie and the show are notable for certain accomplishments regarding CG: The movie was the first theatrically-released CG animated movie to use off-the-shelf software, while the TV show was the first all-CG Nicktoon. The show was popular enough to get several crossovers, including the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour trilogy and being the headlining Nicktoon in Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast at Universal Studios Florida. Sadly, despite its popularity, it had to end after season 3 due to DNA Productions shutting down after the failure of The Ant Bully.

Why Jimmy Neutron?
Thanks to his popularity in the 2000s and occasional use in meme culture after that (IE: Sodium Chloride), Jimmy is now one of the NASB fandom's "Big Four", alongside Timmy Turner, Jenny Wakeman, and Rocko. Alongside his popularity, he has numerous gadgets leading to numerous moveset options, ranging from summoning Goddard and using Goddard's various abilities to be a puppet fighter, to up-B options including not only his jetpack but also his Super Bubblegum-Mobile from the movie and his own ability to fly away using Goddard, as well as things like using the Pain Transference Helmet as a counterattack or setting up traps with the Girl-Eating Plant (which will have to start wanting to chomp down on guys, too). The previously mentioned Shrink Ray could be used as a mid-strong where he shrinks the opponent then blows them away, like in the movie's climax, while the Hypno-Beam I assume would be like Mewtwo's Disable.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'd like to be added to the support list; while Jimmy isn't on the same level of support for me as Jenny, I still remember watching his show frequently when it was airing, he generally has a significant role in Nicktoon crossover games, and he certainly has good moveset potential.

It honestly makes me wonder if he might've been base game instead of potentially DLC if the devs had been given more time/resources to expand the roster a bit.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It honestly makes me wonder if he might've been base game instead of potentially DLC if the devs had been given more time/resources to expand the roster a bit.
I think it was timing: Viacom has spent most of the past decade NOT catering to Jimmy Neutron nostalgia, and only recently has the series gotten a Shout Factory DVD set for the TV show and a Blu-Ray release for the movie. On the other hand, Ludosity wasn't as loyal to Nick's demands as Sakurai was to Nintendo's, and would definitely know about Jimmy getting memed on.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
Heya! Can I be added to the list? Huge Jimmy Neutron fan since the movie, and I'd be glad if they included him in NASB.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Jimmy is in my top 3 dlc chars now. As much as I like to have Hugh, it feels really odd to me that Hugh is the only Jimmy Neutron rep. Consider me a supporter.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Big support. Jimmy Neutron is overall one of my favorite Nicktoons/Nickelodeon franchises, so it kinda bothers me that it technically already has a fighter, but more of a joke one that I don't even like playing.

Jimmy was always very knowledgeable on things like parallel universes in the Nicktoons Unite-related games, so he should also continue that role if NASB ever gets some kind of story content.

Top Bottom