• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Keys to getting better and not becoming "just another Fox"

RPK

Smash Lord
And so you all know, you have your back facing the stage when you get back throwed. I can state how many times this has ****ed me up when I play one handed, and didnt realize I was still backwards.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
And so you all know, you have your back facing the stage when you get back throwed. I can state how many times this has ****ed me up when I play one handed, and didnt realize I was still backwards.
This only happens with a select few back throws. TL's does it, but not everybody's

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Can somebody do some testing for me? I've been meaning to get on this, but it just hasn't happened.... and I'm not really sure how I would test it alone...

The original hypothesis:

"SH reverse D-air is a VERY interesting idea that came to me a few days ago....I haven't done enough testing on it yet to really speak it as fact, but I believe it starts hitting the opponent (or their shield) behind you before a normal SH D-air would...thus, it might be more viable for fading to the back of a shield than a normal D-air ever is... It's something that needs tested, so don't take my word for it just yet..."

Let me explain this in a practical example.
Say you approach DDD with a SH Dair against his shield. If his shield were to remain at the same location, as you moved forward, you would be able to get behind it before the end of the Dair. However, his shield does not remain in the same location... the momentum you apply to it from your dair hitting it causes DDD to slide backwards with you, and land the grab anyway.

What I am wondering is this... I saw it in one match...or something like it, and I'm wondering if it was just good spacing, or maybe a new tech.

Does reversing the Dair affect the momentum it applies on the shield at all? I know that the initial hits will still apply forward momentum to a shield, but what I am wondering is if that changes, as you keep moving forward... Eventually, the forward frames of the Dair start pushing the shield behind you sooner, so you fade to the back of it before the end of the Dair.

Now, I'm using DDD as an example because he is large with a good shield, so it's almost impossible to normally fade behind with a regular SH.

Please somebody do a little bit of testing and get back to me. Trust me, i won't be hurt if I'm wrong here. lol

I just think it's an interesting idea to test out that might help Fox against some characters.

It may be that when i saw this, the reversing just gave me better spacing than normal, and there is no special trait, but please consider this in different areas of spacing.

A huge thanks goes out to whoever does this.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Actually, I usually pull of reverse D-airs quite a bit and I do believe you can nail behind them quite easily. I thought the only convenience factor was you didn't have to turn around and grab as you did your turning around already. I haven't played Brawl all week so I would have to pop it back in and see against Dedede.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Did anybody check out the reverse Dair thing?

Also, I updated the OP with killing... and a couple smaller edits.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, I didn't know anybody had already thought of it. lol

I don't know...it needs testing, but I haven't realy been able to. I was kinda hoping somebody else would, but yeah...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Fenrir!

Hey check your PM's.
It's very important and keep a seceret from the rest of the Boards, until we get our team assembled!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
whoa somebody necro'ed my thread... I may update it soon, actually... people need to learn how to get better, still, and I know a LOT more about the game than I did when I wrote this.

hmm... we shall see

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I was always waiting for this thread so I could learn all of Fenrir's secrets......

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Lots of good info in here still I see. Where's the pivot U-tilt/D-smash/F-smash?! Nowhere? Oh okay.

Still working on the FUC-air.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Lots of good info in here still I see. Where's the pivot U-tilt/D-smash/F-smash?! Nowhere? Oh okay.

Still working on the FUC-air.
lol
1. This is madd old... only going to update it when I get enough time... which is not right now.

2. pivot utilt is the only one with all THAT much potential of the three (although I do like dsmash... it just never seems to be a good option), and it's crazy hard to consistently pull off.

Top Bottom