• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "K" stands for "Keith"

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Memes aside, I really like the idea that Gregg Mayles offered up here that the K was just something K. Rool made up to puff up his own ego. K. Rool always seemed like the type that is a savage brute at heart, but has this self-image of himself that he's this suave regal King. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kremlings don't even have any actual line of succession, and instead the guy on top is just whoever happens to be the biggest toughest dude at the top of the pile. With K. Rool having made up his own Kingly title and put on a cheap crown and cape just to make himself feel like the noble royalty he isn't in reality.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
To be clear for anyone that doesnt click the link, the exact phrasing is

"...in hindsight, it could have been... something deliberately out of character like Keith."

It would be fun if that were his name. But it certainly isnt canon.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Either way, I kinda feel obliged to apply for a name change into „K-Guy“

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
To be clear for anyone that doesnt click the link, the exact phrasing is

"...in hindsight, it could have been... something deliberately out of character like Keith."

It would be fun if that were his name. But it certainly isnt canon.
Of course it isn't "canon", because it's kanon, which is like "canon" but distinguished, lordly, and dare I say, regal.

(and yes, this thread is meant in jest)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So when do we get our crossover game with Dr Mario treating K Rool for Dissociative Identity Disorder?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm not gonna lie though, I totally want his name to have actually been Keith the whole time.
I absolutely do as well.

One of the reasons I love KKR so much is because he's the antithesis of the "brooding" villain that we see in many other games (not necessarily Nintendo's, though it does have a few). Nothing would be better than learning that, yes, after ALL this time, his name is "King Keith Rool" but he turned it into a pun to make himself sound more fearsome.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely do as well.

One of the reasons I love KKR so much is because he's the antithesis of the "brooding" villain that we see in many other games (not necessarily Nintendo's, though it does have a few). Nothing would be better than learning that, yes, after ALL this time, his name is "King Keith Rool" but he turned it into a pun to make himself sound more fearsome.
I think it'd be hilarious if they fooled us into thinking that K. Rool made up the "K" part in his name only to reveal that no, he was legitimately named Keith, and he actually made up the "Rool" part just so that his name could be a lame edgy pun, that would be great way to bamboozle everybody.

Top Bottom