• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Let's see here.... possible uses for rollout:

1. Punishing sloppy landings. (I love doing this. It's as satisfying as landing a rest. :awesome:)

2. Owning shields, dodges, and counters. (If they don't try anything else.)

3. Momentum cancelling. (You have to let it charge for a second, though.)

That's about it. IMO, it's only viable use would be punishing landings. Most people know how to punish it instead of just shielding or countering, and while it's decent for recovery, pound is better.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Rollout is terrible if the opponent knows how to deal with it. During my 3 years of Puff my usage of rollout has been decreasing rapidly.
If you want punish a landing, do it with something that works like fsmash or whatever. If you need to cover the area faster, use DACUS or DA. Much safer.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Rollout to punish get up options.

rollout to punish landing lag (tricky and a bit more character dependent)

rollout out is a great punisher.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Punish get-up options? How often are you playing against opponents who don't know how to tech? o_O It's not like Jigglypuff has Snake's throw. And besides, roll-out gets beaten by a get-up attack, so the opponent can just lay down and wait for you to either release the rollout or for him to automatically stand.

Punishing landing lag with rollout is very rare, it requires quite good mind-gaming and is also pretty risky. Being risky is something you don't want to do with the lightest character in the game.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Punish get-up options? How often are you playing against opponents who don't know how to tech?

Your opponent doesn't tech (happens alot) and they're laying on the ground.
You're charging rollout. They can roll towards, away, GUA or GU. Any way, they're getting rollout'd.

o_O It's not like Jigglypuff has Snake's throw. And besides, roll-out gets beaten by a get-up attack, so the opponent can just lay down and wait for you to either release the rollout or for him to automatically stand.

Wait for the GUA to end.

Punishing landing lag with rollout is very rare, it requires quite good mind-gaming and is also pretty risky. Being risky is something you don't want to do with the lightest character in the game.

If your're good and doing it right, it can work lol. Kind of like resting bad rolls. It's a hard read, and it's not always worth it. But it's still good to have as an option.
Responded in the quote.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I still don't think it's a good move. It's a nice move to use rarely and it will work, but it's still not good.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The next time I play Puff I'll try tech chasing with rollout and then give my input so I can avoid this bias.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Well, i'm assuming based on the wording of this situation that you're not on the other side of the stage, and you're close enough where punishing isn't a problem at all.

If they don't do anything, then what? If they keep laying on the ground and we have the lead, we win. lol

If not, then start over.
But what enemy have you ever played, layed on the ground for 7 minutes.
If the animation is a forced get up, you can punish it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
The forced get-up animation is super quick, that's what I'm saying. You'll either need to be the perfect distance from them to avoid a get-up attack yet close enough to punish the get-up (at which point they might be able to roll behind you anyway, which would also prevent a punish).

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
the force get up animation and the normal get up are exactly the same...

I'd love to be proven wrong but all the characters I've played as that isn't the case at all.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay guys
I want to wrap up this Ganon MU.

If you guys can read through what has been written and vote, that would be amazing.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
The forced get-up animation is super quick, that's what I'm saying. You'll either need to be the perfect distance from them to avoid a get-up attack yet close enough to punish the get-up (at which point they might be able to roll behind you anyway, which would also prevent a punish).
roll-out>turn-around>opponent gets up>turn back around>you hit him>opponent dies>taunt

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Next is Mario, although it seems Samus doesn't have a ratio.

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I remember discussing mario but I think that we agreed samus is our disadvantage.

We agreed that samus has an advanage do to projectiles. But if Mario is next, let's commence the discussion. I'll make the thread.

Top Bottom