• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
How effective is falling pound against predictable UAir when approaching high?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
if the ICs recover, they will mostly use sideB cause it rox as a recovery (if both are together)
they cant grab the edge with that, so they have to get on the stage -> rest out of side B is possible but u need a bit training
IC's can grab the edge with squall.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
hi alex hi alex hi alex hi alex hi alex hi alex hi alex hi alex hi alex hi alex

10alexes

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
single IC downthrow im guessing wouldnt chain jiggs, so she has that. but besides that... IC's are just too **** good

I think Jigglypuff is at a disadvantage against Ic since grabing them would leave you open for the partner to attack. This forces you to do a fast throw so that you won't be left open. Also their recovery is very good.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I dont know enough about IC's to contribute to this matchup.

ya'll need to start talkin about snake. or did i miss that?

Vmage you from canada? you play melee at all?

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I dont know enough about IC's to contribute to this matchup.

ya'll need to start talkin about snake. or did i miss that?

Vmage you from canada? you play melee at all?
Unfortuneatly, I don't have melee and never tried it. (I really want to give it a try)

The match up chart is sooo blank. I need the match up ratios. But if you look at the smash wiki, you can see other character match ups against Jigglypuff.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The match up chart is sooo blank. I need the match up ratios. But if you look at the smash wiki, you can see other character match ups against Jigglypuff.
It's not due to a lack of trying by any means. Whenever the thread gets bumped, it dies within a week.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
should move onto someone like.. falco.. or fox... or snake.. or... uh.. peach.
or i dont care. something to get a convo started

Veril

Frame Savant
Just something to note on Jiggs throws that's important for the ICs.

f-throw [38-13=25] b-throw [50-26=24]* up-throw [42-9=33]* d-throw [87-64=23]

Don't use d-throw. Don't use b-throw either unless they are waaay far apart. Up-throw is single hit and doesn't produce a secondary hitbox, it's also ∂W. Since this is brawl that doesn't matter and you'll get f***ed anyway. Don't up-throw.

f-throw actually isn't that bad, though grabbing the ICs is incredibly risky and situational. It produces a secondary hitbox, which makes punishing somewhat more difficult. It also is impossible for most people to DI on reaction because the ROF is early. Its not a ∂W throw so the data here is accurate for the ICs with no extra math needed.

tl;dr: f-throw is the least punishable by the ICs.

Throwback

Smash Lord
surely being on the ground that close to IC's is what you want to avoid anyway? Also what does that weird symbol in relation to the frame data mean?

Framerate

Smash Lord
I LOL'd at MK MU. Please, let's do it again, the MU is impossible.
I know, right?

And we still have G&W as a 15:85 MU lol...

Shuttle loop, shuttle loop, shuttle loop, dair camp, d-smash d-smash lol.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Mebbe on wifi.

Don't run into smashes.

Tech the down throw.

Learn the timing to punish bair spam.

Learn to punish up-b oos.

GG G&W.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Even thought everyone think Gdubz is pathetic, he is still unwinnable. And Jiggz has the best UpB OoS, it makes the opponents completely vulnerable!

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
This is probably the most even matchup in Brawl. I just got out of tournament where I won against the climbers. Gf. Oh did I mention... Championship match... and I hadn't played Brawl in like a month, only melee.

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
with our superior air game and fast air maneuvrability i can see this matchup being alright for jiggs
upair poses a threat but if played safely it can be avoidable

chaingrabs become a problem if you stay on the ground for extended periods of time

most of jiggly's aerials can desync them and with some effort can even seperate them, meaning nana can be juggled

however

i think their blizzard walls can be a threat if we're running low on jumps and need to land

their forward smash can kill us reasonably early if they CG us to an edge or even get a hit after some upairs

i would most likely say that it is a 45:55 matchup because of our superior air game and they only beat us by their ability to KO us at low%

Framerate

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever been CG'd as puff before? I've played a couple good ICs and they've all had trouble with the chain grab. At the very least it's a strange timing and thus gives us a little more room for error as far as avoiding grabs is concerned.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever been CG'd as puff before? I've played a couple good ICs and they've all had trouble with the chain grab. At the very least it's a strange timing and thus gives us a little more room for error as far as avoiding grabs is concerned.
vinnie/PNG cg'd me to over 100 at dso with ic.
his game and watch was also really good with the grab combos...i definitely need a secondary for that guy...

Top Bottom