• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jet-Black General, Black Knight, Echoes into Smash

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
Black Knight is confirmed to be a profile icon for your switch alongside the game. I for one will never change my icon again.
This will be nice. makes me happy that he gets something that people will actually see often.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Things may seem grim, but don't really give up.

I will say this, I am kind of seeing some Black Knight fans be more vocal as of late. Mostly for the idea of him being a fighter. But it's not just for him, but for other AT's.

On a related note, how many of you would want some Tellius games remade? That would be a nice thing for the Switch.

That's really cool, he looks awesome in action.

I also learned today that the Nintendo president said that he wants more DLC for existing big games. Obviously Smash isn't an existing game yet, but if Nintendo are pushing for more DLC with big name games it might give a little hope for the AT characters (Shadow, BK, ect) to be included at some point down the line as some DLC. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.
Actually, this is not too far off. Just that people need to be more vocal if they want to make this happen.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Things may seem grim, but don't really give up.

I will say this, I am kind of seeing some Black Knight fans be more vocal as of late. Mostly for the idea of him being a fighter. But it's not just for him, but for other AT's.

On a related note, how many of you would want some Tellius games remade? That would be a nice thing for the Switch.

Actually, this is not too far off. Just that people need to be more vocal if they want to make this happen.
I would absolutely love Tellius remakes. They're by far the best games in the series.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I would obviously love Tellius remakes, but I'm also unsure how much potential there is for improvement. Portability would be great, redone battle scenes and cutscenes with better voice acting as well, and then there are small things like adding actual supports to RD, but beyond that I don't think there's that much they could do, in fact I'd be cautious about some of the changes they'd potentially make, in a lot of ways I wouldn't want the games to become more like modern FE. I guess the big bonus would be being able to even get your hands on the games for a reasonable price at all, but I don't see why that couldn't just happen without fully fledged remakes, Nintendo just have to pick up their slack with their Online service.

Regardless I think we'll have to wait a bit, as I'm almost certain the next remake will be The Binding Blade, just so people in the west can finally experience Roy's game, and maybe that'll transition into a remake of The Blazing Blade too.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I would obviously love Tellius remakes, but I'm also unsure how much potential there is for improvement. Portability would be great, redone battle scenes and cutscenes with better voice acting as well, and then there are small things like adding actual supports to RD, but beyond that I don't think there's that much they could do, in fact I'd be cautious about some of the changes they'd potentially make, in a lot of ways I wouldn't want the games to become more like modern FE. I guess the big bonus would be being able to even get your hands on the games for a reasonable price at all, but I don't see why that couldn't just happen without fully fledged remakes, Nintendo just have to pick up their slack with their Online service.

Regardless I think we'll have to wait a bit, as I'm almost certain the next remake will be The Binding Blade, just so people in the west can finally experience Roy's game, and maybe that'll transition into a remake of The Blazing Blade too.
I agree, I'd want to see a remaster before we got a remake. Just update the graphics a bit and put it on the Switch.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

I'm still baffled as to why they haven't rereleased the Tellius games, like, at all. They damn well know Ike and Micaiah are popular enough that their faces can sell their games now when they couldn't a decade ago. It's like Intelligent Systems doesn't care about selling games so long as they can bank off their characters.

Annoys me because I'm dying to play the Tellius duology legitimately as I'm really not much of an emulator guy.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The Black Knight thread in the assist alliance discord is trying to start a Black Knight campaign. Even if assists can't get in this time, he'll need help next game. So calling all Black Knight fans!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I support.
Thanks for supporting such an awesome character! Unfortunately this place has been 100% dead ever since Black Knight was shown as an assist trophy. If you want to really discuss him I reccomend his channel in the assist alliance discord. That place is surprisingly active. I can send you an invite if you want!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Thanks for supporting such an awesome character! Unfortunately this place has been 100% dead ever since Black Knight was shown as an assist trophy. If you want to really discuss him I reccomend his channel in the assist alliance discord. That place is surprisingly active. I can send you an invite if you want!
Alright then I guess.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Black Knight is in the image of the newest Octopath Traveler spirit event alongside with other Nintendo fighters which are already playable. Maybe a sign?

Octopath Traveler.jpg

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Black Knight is in the image of the newest Octopath Traveler spirit event alongside with other Nintendo fighters which are already playable. Maybe a sign?

View attachment 277682
I was just about to post this. Bonus echo perhaps? This is definitely very strange. It makes me wonder if maybe he was planned to be a bonus echo and released by now but corona delays stopped it and they didn't change the art.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm pretty sure ATs can be used as hosts for spirits. It's likely a rare implementation of that for DLC boards.
Why would they take this long to implement it and not use it for the spirit battles for ATs?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

View attachment 277682
My guess is that since each spirit comes in pairs, they saw no need to limit themselves to just playable characters to represent one member of the pair. I doubt it means anything.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it means nothing tbh. More likely than not that the Spirit character is gonna have the Black Knight assist trophy being involved. Also if any assist is ever to be promoted it's gonna be Waluigi. No arguments there.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The Black Knight was an awesome character and I think Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were two of the best games in the series. If anyone was going to be upgraded from an assist trophy, he’s one of my top picks.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The Black Knight was an awesome character and I think Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were two of the best games in the series. If anyone was going to be upgraded from an assist trophy, he’s one of my top picks.
Too bad he has literally zero chance. I gave up on Black Knight after base game. No way do they add an old fire emblem character as dlc after Byleth, as much as I would love it. Hopefully next game. Always good to have another supporter though! I hope you'll continue to support him if another ballot happens too!

Last edited:

Kadohl

Smash Rookie
I always thought it would be cool if they did a remake of PoR/RD they could make a Black Knight amiibo. I'm not really into amiibos but I'd probably pick up a BK amiibo if they did one.

Goh6654

Smash Rookie
Count me in! He's the top candidate of my choice. He's tankier, slower but more powerful than his rival Ike, making him a semi-clone. Despite having too many Fire Emblem characters, I can say he might be the only echo and assist being promoted for the next game since Fire Emblem does not have a villain rep yet in Smash Bros, just like when Dark Samus had being promoted from the previous instalment. After all, he looks badass as a whole.

D

Deleted member

Here are some other Fire Emblem to use as Black Knight's palette swaps

Palette Swaps
  1. Default
  2. Blue
  3. Green
  4. Gold
  5. Gray
  6. Orange
  7. Purple
  8. Pink
Fighter Spirit:
274863-black_knight.jpg

Boxing Ring Alias: Rider of Daein
Victory Theme: Against the Dark Knight

Win Quotes:
Just like your father (VS. Ike)
I expected more from the Hero King (VS. Marth)

I know the damage has already been done but yes, I didn't add Zelgius as his alternate costume just to simply avoid spoilers since Intelligent System can't stop spoiling. Or if IS wants Zelgius as an alternate character let's just intentionally spread misinformation by claiming that Zelgius is the Black Knight's brother in his Tip page . And I would love to see Black Knight and Caeda (with a lance) for the next Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Classic Mode
1. :ultbyleth:, :ultbylethf: (Garreg Mach Monastery)
Music: Fire Emblem: Three Houses Main Theme

2. :ultcorrin:, :ultcorrinf:(Coliseum)
Music: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

3. :ultchrom:, :ultlucina:, :ultrobin:, :ultrobinf: (Arena Ferox)
Music: Id (Purpose)

4. :ultroy: (Castle Siege)
Music: Beyond the Distant Skies

5. :ultmarth:, Caeda (Castle Siege)
Music: Shadow Dragon Medley

6. :ultike: (Castle Siege Throne Room)
Music: Eternal Bond

Bonus Stage
7. Vanguard :ultike: (Final Destination)
Music: Against the Dark Knight

References
1-5: No references to anything other than Black Knight being the only Fire Emblem villain playable fighting against heroes throughout the series chronologically.
6-7: Referencing the rivalry between Black Knight and Ike throughout Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I miss the Tellius games honestly. The story was so good! I still hope for remakes of them, now that they got a great Fire Emblem 3D engine on Switch with Three Houses and all. I still miss many of the battle gimmicks Radiant Dawn had. It was to me, easily the most ambitious Fire Emblem game yet. 3 tier classes, lots of classes, lots of weapons, lots of playable characters, huge story. It just has so much potential! I mean, with all the different routes, it has enough merritt to make into full stories of themselves like say the different paths of Three Houses.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's it? Not sure if you're joking, but mind fleshing out?
Yeah am not serious at all. No doubt it will involve fighting Ike a great deal. Maybe even reveal his true identity and what not? Clash swords with Ike and others of the Fire Emblem crew? Only to eventually be best by Ike and his Final Smash?

Kadohl

Smash Rookie
I've always imagined a trailer with him beginning with a cinematic in a dark forest at night with a full moon, then going into the gameplay scenes with him smacking people around. Then you could finished up with an inconclusive final clash with Ike.

Top Bottom