• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jet-Black General, Black Knight, Echoes into Smash

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Hm, this is just a question/speculation...but, has FEH by chance shown on their schedule that they have any "special" announcements? Like a special banner or a surprise unit, maybe like a "special" Black Knight? If so (or if it hasn't been deconfirmed) I wonder if they'd show this off, if say...the Black Knight was going to be shown soon in Smash as a fighter. And they wanted to synchronize the trailers or some such?

LoopyBlack

Smash Cadet
Here is the current schedule in FEH. I always have it open in my browser for reasons: https://i.redd.it/en81vcr12hr11.jpg

We have a new banner getting announced tomorrow night, but that's basically it. FEH channels get announced sorta randomly (kind of like Nintendo Directs) so it's possible we'll get one before December.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I always look back on the FE roster and feel like we've definitely been painted into a corner. But here's a roster that I think covers most if not all the bases of FE:
Marth (Finesse Sword Lord)
Ike (Sword or Axe)
Lyn (Using Katana and Bow like in FE: Heroes)
Robin (Tomes & Magic)
Black Knight (General classes & Villain)
Tiki (Transformation classes)

I think that covers everything pretty nicely. I don't actually think you really need a Axe or Lance necessarily.

I'd prefer Micaiah over Robin but that makes for three Telliua characters which would be silly.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Speaking of swords, I've been thinking about something recently. We've ended up with a pretty random set of FE characters honestly. We got Roy because FE6 was coming out soon in Japan. We were going to get Chrom in Smash 4 but then they decided to give us Lucina and Robin instead, almost as if they were reacting to the Gematsu leak.. And then we got Chrom anyway.

If you could hit the reset button on FE representation in Smash, which characters would you choose? It's fun to think about if you challenge yourself to not include too many swordfighters. You could also try to represent as many games as possible without having more than ~5 unique fighters. You don't have to use those rules though. Just try to come up with a set of characters you think would represent the series the best, or a set of characters you personally like the best. I'm interested in seeing who you guys choose.

For me, I think Lyn would be a great representative for the GBA games. She would be another female fighter which people would like. She's pretty significant because she was the first lord we got to use in America. She has become popular despite not being a fighter in Smash. My second pick would be Azura. Another female fighter, and she doesn't use a sword. She would represent the modern FE games on 3DS. She's also a fairly popular character; I think she would definitely be more popular than Corrin if it weren't for him being in Smash (FE fans seem to hate Corrin, actually). After those two, I struggle to come up with a roster that doesn't have a bunch of swordfighters. Is there room for a villain?
Toss Roy, Chrom, and Corrin out. Declone Lucina to use Lances and Bows in her moveset, bring in Micaiah for an all-magic user, Azura for a Lancer with some water-based moves, and Minerva for an Axe user. Black Knight can be an Ike semi-clone with a helmetless alt and a different neutral special that has him shoot the sword beams we're still missing.

Yes I know I'm mostly keeping Lucina in because she's my favourite but there's a lot of untapped potential with her

Kadohl

Smash Rookie
FEH channels get announced sorta randomly (kind of like Nintendo Directs) so it's possible we'll get one before December.
We should get one next month to review new things for book 3, the one for book 2 was the 14th of November.

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh my; when this turned into a second Micaiah support thread?

We should get one next month to review new things for book 3, the one for book 2 was the 14th of November.
I think the FEH Channel will released to go with the mid November Banner (so... we still have two Main Banners before Book 3, in fact, both of the banners we know are going to be Paralogues because of that).

Last edited:

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if there's a way of figuring out if Robert Clotworthy is doing voice work? Like a LinkedIn account or something.

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
I wonder if there's a way of figuring out if Robert Clotworthy is doing voice work? Like a LinkedIn account or something.
his website mentions games and such he is in, it also mentions current projects he is not allowed to talk about because of those pesky NDAs, could mean something, as he is often a background character, but this could range from a smash bros reveal to accidentally spoiling diana burnwood getting a sex change in hitman water money (blood money follow up), so we have little to go off of.

edit: or leaking the unannounced halo reach: for the stars(stolen joke).

Last edited:

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
his website mentions games and such he is in, it also mentions current projects he is not allowed to talk about because of those pesky NDAs, could mean something, as he is often a background character, but this could range from a smash bros reveal to accidentally spoiling diana burnwood getting a sex change in hitman water money (blood money follow up), so we have little to go off of.

edit: or leaking the unannounced halo reach: for the stars(stolen joke).
Good to know he's active in gaming still. Here's hoping BK is in.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Hey has anyone seen that Castlevania stage leak with the Black Knight on it? I've heard of it, but can't seem to locate it. And I wanna see it for myself.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Hey has anyone seen that Castlevania stage leak with the Black Knight on it? I've heard of it, but can't seem to locate it. And I wanna see it for myself.
You mean the one where Ike was jumping towards the Black Knight? I don't think that's real.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I'm told the picture is just the Black Knight in the picture. I've heard he has his hand near his chest.
Yeah, I'm leaning on fake with that one. He had the same pose in that Ike image I mentioned.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Oh I've seen it, and it looks awful. The guy claims it's from his trailer where Ike is about to get countered yet can't seem to be bothered to post any other frames from it, just different angles. BK looks like his Smash 4 Trophy model also.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
IMO, FE Representation sans echos is really good right now.

:ultmarth::Finesse Lord/Myrmidon
:ultroy::Yeah he is the odd man out but he is important as a milestone of bringing FE into the eye of the west.
:ultike::Hero/Heavy Sword
:ultrobin::Magic, Weapon Durability, My Unit
:ultcorrin::Manaketes

:ultlucina::ultchrom: also fit well, since Awakening is the most important Fire Emblem game right now for giving the franchise a renaissance.

Black Knight fits so well, being a general/villain. IMO a TH protag (Edelgard) would make this fit even better. IMO FE Metroid and Mario are the three best represented series right now.

Machete

Smash Ace
IMO FE Metroid and Mario are the three best represented series right now.
If we could go back five months and claim Metroid would be one of the best represented series, fighter-wise, no one would've believed it. It's so surreal.

I will keep supporting Veronica as I believe Heroes deserves a character far more than TH, but Edelgard's design is amazing and that was precisely why I supported Corrin when Fire Emblem Fates was first announced (although I never expected her to actually be dlc, lol). Fire Emblem certainly needs characters that bring more variety, look-wise.

Which is another point in Black Knight's favor. His design is awesome and would make a lot of people be more accepting of him than other Fire Emblem characters.

Troykv

Smash Master
If we could go back five months and claim Metroid would be one of the best represented series, fighter-wise, no one would've believed it. It's so surreal.

I will keep supporting Veronica as I believe Heroes deserves a character far more than TH, but Edelgard's design is amazing and that was precisely why I supported Corrin when Fire Emblem Fates was first announced (although I never expected her to actually be dlc, lol). Fire Emblem certainly needs characters that bring more variety, look-wise.

Which is another point in Black Knight's favor. His design is awesome and would make a lot of people be more accepting of him than other Fire Emblem characters.
I'm mostly into Fire Emblem that can offer more awesome and/or distinct aspects of Fire Emblem both gameplay-wise and aesthethic-wise.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
If I had to suggest a FE Roster I would go with something like this:

- Marth (Cause first Lord although I would have loved Sigurd more lol)
- Lucina Echo (I personally don't care but I know she is popular and Awakening logically has to get 2 reps)
- Ike (strong/speedy savage fightstyle like in his original games)
- Lyn (cause we don't have a Katana Fight style)
- Ephraim (if a lance fighter has to be in smash I think the OG lance main lord shall be the one to go with)
- Hector (Most popular and badass axe fighter in FE)
- Robin (to represent the mage-class from one of the most saling games)
- Black Knight (most popular/iconic FE villain with a heavy sword fighting style, would love him to have lots of super armor because of his ashera blessed armor)

Yeah I know it's a lot but that would be a total unique FE cast imo.

Also I personally hope that if the BK is not in the main roster, that there is no sign of him in the game so there might be a chance for him being a DLC character since I would at least love to have Ike and BK from the Tellius Games in smash <3

Last edited:

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
If I had to suggest a FE Roster I would go with something like this:

- Marth (Cause first Lord although I would have loved Sigurd more lol)
- Lucina Echo (I personally don't care but I know she is popular and Awakening logically has to get 2 reps)
- Ike (strong/speedy savage fightstyle like in his original games)
- Lyn (cause we don't have a Katana Fight style)
- Ephraim (if a lance fighter has to be in smash I think the OG lance main lord shall be the one to go with)
- Hector (Most popular and badass axe fighter in FE)
- Robin (to represent the mage-class from one of the most saling games)
- Black Knight (most popular/iconic FE villain with a heavy sword fighting style, would love him to have lots of super armor because of his ashera blessed armor)

Yeah I know it's a lot but that would be a total unique FE cast imo.

Also I personally hope that if the BK is not in the main roster, that there is no sign of him in the game so there might be a chance for him being a DLC character since I would at least love to have Ike and BK from the Tellius Games in smash <3
Yeah, if he isn't playable in base game I don't want to see him in base. So he could be DLC in that case.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Didn't that guy who leaked Cloud say it wasn't Nintendo who was upset about *A* leak?
Edit*
Question, so how do we know this "leaked image" wasn't taken with a phone then uploaded to a computer where a mouse pointer would show up? And sure it could just be photoshoped, but after people started pointing out the mouse to the original leaker why he keep up the act instead of saying it was fake? Not trying to argue it being real here, just wanna explore this fully.

LoopyBlack

Smash Cadet
Edit*
Question, so how do we know this "leaked image" wasn't taken with a phone then uploaded to a computer where a mouse pointer would show up? And sure it could just be photoshoped, but after people started pointing out the mouse to the original leaker why he keep up the act instead of saying it was fake? Not trying to argue it being real here, just wanna explore this fully.
Yeah I was curious about that. The cursor didn't seem like a "haha, gotcha!" thing to me. And I think the picture looks fairly decent. It's about as believable as the rest of the image leaks, barring exceptional cases like the Rayman render and the Ken leak. I'm still going to assume it's fake. Maybe if BK had a more dynamic pose I'd be more convinced? idk. I'm sure someone with photoshop know-how has already torn that image apart.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Hm, it is an odd image though. I noticed the pauldrons are smoother/have less edges than other models, and I can't find a pose with one hand close to his chest anywhere. Yeah if he has a more dynamic pose perhaps it'd dispell doubt. It's probably prudent to take it with a grain of salt until this last Direct is shown. But I'll definitely keep this one in my memory until it's either confirmed or flat out deconfirmed.

Machete

Smash Ace
Thing is, people have gotten so exceedingly capable at making fake models though, it is very hard to take that as proof, especially since Black Knight’s lack of face makes him easier to fake.

I don’t believe this one because he is just static while Ike is attacking.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think the Fe roster should be

Marth: obviously

Lyn: for popularity, represents gba, could use bows in her movesets

Ike: most popular Fe character and slow sword fighter

Robin: represents awakening and uses tomes

Black Knight: Ike semi clone, villain and armored unit

Edelgard: dlc represents Fe on switch, uses axe

Fjorm: dlc represents wildly popular Fe heroes, counts as general mobile rep, uses Lance and ice.

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
regarding the image, that pose borders on perfect, it seems to me like an idle animation, if it is fake props to the leaker, because that is how the black knight fights.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Sorry to bring up a dead horse, but I still am puzzled by the Castle Siege change. People always argue that the person on the throne wasn't Black Knight, but there's no denying that it clearly resembled him to an extent. Just the fact that they went out of their way to put a completely different, generic red General is suspicious isn't it?

As for that leak, it very much looks like Black Knight's Smash 4 trophy model just posed differently.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
One piece of evidence I don't see brought up much is the black Knight alt for Ike. It's been altered to the point that it barely resembles him at all. I think the Black Knight costume is a much stranger thing to make less similar to BK than the background general in castle siege.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
One piece of evidence I don't see brought up much is the black Knight alt for Ike. It's been altered to the point that it barely resembles him at all. I think the Black Knight costume is a much stranger things to make less similar to BK than the background general in castle siege.
This is especially important if BK were to get a helmetless alt, as Zelgius and Ike are both blue-haired. Good catch.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to bring up a dead horse, but I still am puzzled by the Castle Siege change. People always argue that the person on the throne wasn't Black Knight, but there's no denying that it clearly resembled him to an extent. Just the fact that they went out of their way to put a completely different, generic red General is suspicious isn't it?

As for that leak, it very much looks like Black Knight's Smash 4 trophy model just posed differently.
One piece of evidence I don't see brought up much is the black Knight alt for Ike. It's been altered to the point that it barely resembles him at all. I think the Black Knight costume is a much stranger things to make less similar to BK than the background general in castle siege.
Good point. Iirc and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sakurai say the reason the Chrom and Dank Samus colors were removed was to prevent confusion mid match with those 4 characters? I think the edited color for Black Knight is a plus, but I'm gonna be real here. Who would actually get confused about a heavily armored fighter and a lightly armored fighter, I know I wouldn't confuse the two mid match.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Good point. Iirc and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sakurai say the reason the Chrom and Dank Samus colors were removed was to prevent confusion mid match with those 4 characters? I think the edited color for Black Knight is a plus, but I'm gonna be real here. Who would actually get confused about a heavily armored fighter and a lightly armored fighter, I know I wouldn't confuse the two mid match.
Unless, like TyrantLizardKing TyrantLizardKing said, he has a helmetless alt. Add that to a 4 player match and I bet a lot of people would lose track of themselves.

Edit: the more I look at the new "Black Knight" alt, the more I think it's not even meant to reference him any more. It's pretty much just a black colored alt now. It doesn't really match BK's color scheme at all.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
At a standstill they’d be distinguishable, but in motion I’m sure many people would get lost in who’s who.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Don't just take my word for it though. I've talked to other people who don't see a difference between the smash 4 one and the ultimate one. I and some of my friends think the red on ultimate Ike looks muted and not crimson. Others disagree. Look it up and decide for yourselves.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Don't just take my word for it though. I've talked to other people who don't see a difference between the smash 4 one and the ultimate one. I and some of my friends think the red on ultimate Ike looks muted and not crimson. Others disagree. Look it up and decide for yourselves.
I wonder if those who disagree are color blind(or probably don't want to admit it)? I'd never mistake the color Maroon for Crimson.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
To me Ike's "Black Knight" color looks more like a "Guts" color from berserk.
It misses the notable red color a little doesn't match the one it did in Smash Wii U.

And even if it is the same. I still don't think that the color matters. Until I also see that Peach got her Daisy color removed that is.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Ya'll see that mural leak? Things don't look good for Black Knight if it's real, but as long as he's not a assist there's always DLC.

Top Bottom