• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jet-Black General, Black Knight, Echoes into Smash

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Frankly, I don't understand making Black Knight the FE boss when there are so many more viable options. Options, which can never hope to be playable characters, such as Ashnard, the actual antagonist from PoR, or Grima to name a few.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There's gotta be a reason though for what was supposedly Black Knight being replaced in the background by a generic red knight.

It comes down to these three factors. Black Knight is either

1. Playable character (Echo)
2. Boss
3. Assist Trophy
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If castle siege means anything, Black Knight is playable. Knuckles is an assist and in the background of a stage at the same time, so they wouldn't remove him for that. A boss wouldn't be fought on the castle siege stage so they wouldn't remove him for that (Not to mention there is no way he's a boss. Assist or nothing are both possibilities but he would not work as a smash boss in any way shape or form). The only option left is playable character. I'm of the mindset that it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but if it does, there's no other option.

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If castle siege means anything, Black Knight is playable. Knuckles is an assist and in the background of a stage at the same time, so they wouldn't remove him for that. A boss wouldn't be fought on the castle siege stage so they wouldn't remove him for that (Not to mention there is no way he's a boss. Assist or nothing are both possibilities but he would not work as a smash boss in any way shape or form). The only option left is playable character. I'm of the mindset that it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but if it does, there's no other option.
I always felt like he didn't really have much going for him as an assist trophy either, I just don't think he would be all that compelling(though, I don't find assist trophies compelling in the least, more just a slap in the face to fans who were holding out, now that DLC is a thing I just think that setting up a character for nothing more like that is horrible), I also feel like if he was one, he would have been announced already, a new fire emblem assist would stand out when announcing them and lyn got some spotlight.

actually on that topic, does anyone else think that this mention of way more fire emblem music could be a point in favor of the black knight, I mean it seems strange that fire emblem is getting so much spotlight this game and yet only gets an echo fighter who brings nothing new to the table, meanwhile there was mention of way more music than usual and an item.

edit: oh actually, I also just remembered, the black knight was a trophy in smash tour in wii u, this is interesting because his effect was one hit ko a rather generic effect that could have been easily given to any number of other characters, I think that this could point to some bais on sakurai's part for the character. Just a thought I had, which could actually make the castle siege change all the stranger. edit again: after checking the Item listings I just remembered the smart bomb from star fox could have been it.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I always felt like he didn't really have much going for him as an assist trophy either, I just don't think he would be all that compelling(though, I don't find assist trophies compelling in the least, more just a slap in the face to fans who were holding out, now that DLC is a thing I just think that setting up a character for nothing more like that is horrible), I also feel like if he was one, he would have been announced already, a new fire emblem assist would stand out when announcing them and lyn got some spotlight.

actually on that topic, does anyone else think that this mention of way more fire emblem music could be a point in favor of the black knight, I mean it seems strange that fire emblem is getting so much spotlight this game and yet only gets an echo fighter who brings nothing new to the table, meanwhile there was mention of way more music than usual and an item.

edit: oh actually, I also just remembered, the black knight was a trophy in smash run in wii u, this is interesting because his effect was one hit ko a rather generic effect that could have been easily given to any number of other characters, I think that this could point to some bais on sakurai's part for the character. Just a thought I had, which could actually make the castle siege change all the stranger.
It seems like there's always more stuff like this I missed. Black Knight has always been one of my favorite video game characters and by far my favorite fe character, as well as my pipe dream character for smash, yet somehow I completely missed all the love he's gotten in recent years, from heroes, to smash. I assumed he'd just been forgotten about by Nintendo and fans alike. Probably because I got laughed at whenever I mentioned him during smash 4 speculation. It does my heart good to find out that I was wrong all along.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
I think the music bit helps his odds, ever so slightly though. The fact he's been getting marketed so hard by IS, he was a part of Smash Tuor, a Mii costume, and his likeness was edited out of Castle Siege helps him a lot. It's a fighter or bust, and with Sakurai having some kind of fixation on him makes me think the time is soon or never.

LoopyBlack

Smash Cadet
only gets an echo fighter who brings nothing new to the table, meanwhile there was mention of way more music than usual and an item.
Music theory would've worked against any FE fighter since we got that FEH remix a while back. And that remix, in particular, would've been a decent way of following up his reveal. But now that it's dead I can say that if BK is in the game, they probably remixed his theme. He would get the same treatment that K Rool got (unless he's an echo). K Rool had his remix shown on the blog shortly after his reveal, so the same could happen for BK.

There does seem to be a new focus on stuff like music and items, areas where FE was actually lacking as far as representation goes. It's cool that they're trying to represent other aspects of the series aside from the fighters. I'd kinda like to get a really cool stage, the Tower of Guidance from Radiant Dawn could be cool (it would also fit a BK reveal since... you know). I don't know if additional representation means BK is more or less likely to appear but, I wanted to talk about sort of a working theory I have.

I don't believe we'll get two new fighters from the same franchise. Sakurai is trying to please everybody, so spending disproportionate time on one series wouldn't be efficient. We've seen that Metroid (and Castlevania, I guess) has gotten one new fighter and one new echo fighter. I think several franchises could get the same treatment. Some examples I thought of: Daisy and Geno for Mario, K Rool and Dixie for DKC, Waddle Dee and Dark Meta Knight for Kirby, and of course: Chrom and BK for Fire Emblem. If your Sakurai and you have to make one of those characters an echo fighter, Chrom would be the obvious choice. Clearly there are several things that work against this. It assumes that we have a decent number of fighters left and that may not be the case. I guess my point is: we have precedent for a series getting both a new fighter and a new echo fighter. That can bode either well or poorly for BK depending on your perspective.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Music theory would've worked against any FE fighter since we got that FEH remix a while back. And that remix, in particular, would've been a decent way of following up his reveal. But now that it's dead I can say that if BK is in the game, they probably remixed his theme. He would get the same treatment that K Rool got (unless he's an echo). K Rool had his remix shown on the blog shortly after his reveal, so the same could happen for BK.

There does seem to be a new focus on stuff like music and items, areas where FE was actually lacking as far as representation goes. It's cool that they're trying to represent other aspects of the series aside from the fighters. I'd kinda like to get a really cool stage, the Tower of Guidance from Radiant Dawn could be cool (it would also fit a BK reveal since... you know). I don't know if additional representation means BK is more or less likely to appear but, I wanted to talk about sort of a working theory I have.

I don't believe we'll get two new fighters from the same franchise. Sakurai is trying to please everybody, so spending disproportionate time on one series wouldn't be efficient. We've seen that Metroid (and Castlevania, I guess) has gotten one new fighter and one new echo fighter. I think several franchises could get the same treatment. Some examples I thought of: Daisy and Geno for Mario, K Rool and Dixie for DKC, Waddle Dee and Dark Meta Knight for Kirby, and of course: Chrom and BK for Fire Emblem. If your Sakurai and you have to make one of those characters an echo fighter, Chrom would be the obvious choice. Clearly there are several things that work against this. It assumes that we have a decent number of fighters left and that may not be the case. I guess my point is: we have precedent for a series getting both a new fighter and a new echo fighter. That can bode either well or poorly for BK depending on your perspective.
I like that theory ya have, here's hoping blog post theory is correct so it leaves room for BK and some of those reps ya mentioned. 6-8 possible reps would bode well for BK I think.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Actually on that topic, does anyone else think that this mention of way more fire emblem music could be a point in favor of the black knight, I mean it seems strange that fire emblem is getting so much spotlight this game and yet only gets an echo fighter who brings nothing new to the table, meanwhile there was mention of way more music than usual and an item.
Well actually, we should remember that the way the Music Process worked this time around was different. The composers were given free range to arrange any tracks they want from a list of thousands, & it just so happen that one composer in particular was very keen on arranging a whole bunch of FE tracks, with Sakurai specifically mentioning this when he listed the franchises that ended up with higher quantity of new arrangements than most would expect in his Famitsu Column that went over the Music Process.

So no, the amount of new FE arrangements doesn't mean anything outside of having plenty of new FE arrangements to listen to this time around.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
One small sort of theory I've had is that Black Knight may be added to "balance out" Chrom. By that I mean Chrom represents "new" FE while Black Knight represents "old" FE, to sort of please both sides of the fanbase. Probably doesn't make much sense but I can't shake that feeling.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
One small sort of theory I've had is that Black Knight may be added to "balance out" Chrom. By that I mean Chrom represents "new" FE while Black Knight represents "old" FE, to sort of please both sides of the fanbase. Probably doesn't make much sense but I can't shake that feeling.
Wait, huh? Wouldn’t Medeus, Hardin, Julius, Zephiel, or Nergal represent "old" FE better? Black Knight is still somewhat recent.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Wait, huh? Wouldn’t Medeus, Hardin, Julius, Zephiel, or Nergal represent "old" FE better? Black Knight is still somewhat recent.
I’m talking in regards to Black Knight making the cut as I believe he may have made it into the roster. He’s also much more well-known as an FE villain than any of those you mentioned (unfortunate because I would love to have Hardin in Smash).

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Awakening onwards is "new" Fire Emblem, anything before it is regarded as "old" Fire Emblem.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
None of those guys can be as easily echoed as BK can and it doesn't seem like Sakurai wants to make a new FE unique fighter for base.

Awakening onwards is "new" Fire Emblem, anything before it is regarded as "old" Fire Emblem.
Also this.

Last edited:

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
as stated by others, awakening was a major turn for the series which added a second half of the fanbase.

edit: also, no arvis love?

Last edited:

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this is nothing but, has the website started to upload new stuff at the end of the day now instead of the start of the day? Man I'd love for a DLC Arvis. I'm really wondering if we are getting a mini direct on the 24th or the 17th, is there a particular day Nintendo announces this sort of stuff like Fridays?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm sure this is nothing but, has the website started to upload new stuff at the end of the day now instead of the start of the day? Man I'd love for a DLC Arvis. I'm really wondering if we are getting a mini direct on the 24th or the 17th, is there a particular day Nintendo announces this sort of stuff like Fridays?
I think it's all timezone-based. I'm looking at the 16th as the next potential date for news since a decent number of (fake) leaks were suggesting that day.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
We typically get Directs and such usually on Wednesdays right (please correct me if in wrong)? Well, I noticed that Halloween falls on a Wednesday. What if we get a Halloween direct where we get the lowdown on "Spirits"? It would also be the perfect time to show off characters (assuming they're in) like Skull Kid, Medusa, and Black Knight (since two of em are spooky evildoers and two of the three hide their identities). Do you guys think a holiday direct for Smash feasible, I know Halloween is huge in Japan?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can hope!!!!

Nightmare is also definitely another contender for Halloween vibes. His appearance alone is nightmarish (Pun intended) and spooky. It'd also return the favor for having Link appear in the GameCube version of Soulcalibur II.

Last edited:

LoopyBlack

Smash Cadet
It would also be the perfect time to show off characters (assuming they're in) like Skull Kid, Medusa, and Black Knight (since two of em are spooky evildoers and two of the three hide their identities). Do you guys think a holiday direct for Smash feasible, I know Halloween is huge in Japan?
I feel like we're due for news, seeing as how we're two months from release and it's been a whole month since we got Isabelle. The lack of news is so conspicuous that I'm starting to wonder if they're holding off until October ~24th or whatever, when it's closer to Halloween.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I feel like we're due for news, seeing as how we're two months from release and it's been a whole month since we got Isabelle. The lack of news is so conspicuous that I'm starting to wonder if they're holding off until October ~24th or whatever, when it's closer to Halloween.
We're definitely getting something soon. The 10 day theory may not have been true, but they always announce something soon after the new tag disappears from the website. They did the same thing in smash 4 iirc.

Also, if Black Knight isn't in base, what do people think his chances are as dlc?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
We're definitely getting something soon. The 10 day theory may not have been true, but they always announce something soon after the new tag disappears from the website. They did the same thing in smash 4 iirc.

Also, if Black Knight isn't in base, what do people think his chances are as dlc?
A decent shot, maybe as part of an Echo Fighter pack.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
if Black Knight isn't in base, what do people think his chances are as dlc?
Assuming he's a unique fighter, as DLC I'd say 80%. If there's multiple waves of DLC if he's not in base then he'd be in wave 1 DLC.

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet

I put him at 92%, his contributions to heroes and his position in CYL are both very hard to ignore combine this with the smash ballot (which he also did well in) and I would be so bold as to say he is guaranteed.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Assuming he's a unique fighter, as DLC I'd say 80%. If there's multiple waves of DLC if he's not in base then he'd be in wave 1 DLC.
I put him at 92%, his contributions to heroes and his position in CYL are both very hard to ignore combine this with the smash ballot (which he also did well in) and I would be so bold as to say he is guaranteed.
I wish I had this much confidence. I feel like competition from a three houses character will be pretty steep, and I'd be surprised to see two unique fe characters for dlc. Maybe a full unique edelgard and semi clone Black Knight as a package? Also, I was under the impression he did poorly in the ballot. Is there evidence to suggest otherwise? That would certainly be welcome news.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had this much confidence. I feel like competition from a three houses character will be pretty steep, and I'd be surprised to see two unique fe characters for dlc. Maybe a full unique edelgard and semi clone Black Knight as a package? Also, I was under the impression he did poorly in the ballot. Is there evidence to suggest otherwise? That would certainly be welcome news.
Well people are mainly basing this off the fact that he ended getting a Mii Fighter Costume as Sm4sh DLC within the same wave of other characters Mii Costumes that had a strong presence within the Ballot. It's just assuming but hey, it's a possibility :smirk:!

LoopyBlack

Smash Cadet
Also, I was under the impression he did poorly in the ballot. Is there evidence to suggest otherwise? That would certainly be welcome news.
...Sort of. These images represent poll results where confirmed/deconfirmed characters were removed. https://imgur.com/a/PKcqf7M

And yeah, there's the fact that he had a mii costume. If we assume that poll represented the rest of the votes, I think that puts him in a range where he's popular enough to get a costume, but probably not popular enough to be a new fighter. Chrom got a similar amount of votes so who knows?

I think he's got a very decent shot but I'm not at "guaranteed" yet, lol. There's a real chance that CYL wrapped up before the Ultimate roster was finalized.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman

Well I say The Black Knight would probably be one of the more likely Fire Emblem Characters to make it in through DLC. These are basically my reasons why I think so -
  1. He's a villain, which people are wanting more of.
  2. Another potential Super Heavyweight, which people also want more of.
  3. He's the most popular FE villain.
  4. He has reverence thx to being in & having prominent roles within the FE Mobile App; Fire Emblem Heroes! These roles are:
    1. Being the only buyable Hero.
    2. Having both varieties of him being Top Tier.
  5. & finally, his teacher is the same as Ike's teacher, so he very well could be a Semi-Clone though borrowing & altering moves from Ike, thus saving development time on him.
  6. *Edited in* Oh boy! How can I forget about the fact he ended getting a Mii Costume in the DLC period of Sm4sh within the same wave of characters Mii Costumes that had strong presences within the Ballot. This could be hinting towards The Black Knight probably having a strong presence within the Ballot aswell.
This is all assuming that he doesn't already have an non-playable active role within the vanilla game. If he does, then say bye-bye to Black Knight chances as a DLC Character. All we can do if he's not playable is hope that he doesn't get Waluigi'd :sadeyes:.

Last edited:

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
There's three things we have glossed over here.
1.) He may not have been initially planned, but mid way through development in 2016 when Black Knight was huge in FEH. Sakurai could have said "wow he sure is popular and relevant, and I've been eyeing him. Let's just add him in." (Assuming of course he wasn't planned, but characters have been added who weren't planned before...big characters at that.)
2.) Bowser has been both a boss and fighter in Melee and Brawl. As long as Black Knight isn't a huge boss (say he's around King K Rool's or Bowser's size he could be DLC still even if he isn't in base).
*edit
3.) I'm sure he did quite well on the ballot in Japan, juding from how Sakurai said Chrom was super popular with Japanese fans. Now while Source gaming did hold a poll over there, their sample size wasn't the largest and more than likely couldn't get anywhere near the same numbers as the Smash Ballot. So some characters may have done way better on the Ballot than SG's poll.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
...Sort of. These images represent poll results where confirmed/deconfirmed characters were removed. https://imgur.com/a/PKcqf7M

And yeah, there's the fact that he had a mii costume. If we assume that poll represented the rest of the votes, I think that puts him in a range where he's popular enough to get a costume, but probably not popular enough to be a new fighter. Chrom got a similar amount of votes so who knows?

I think he's got a very decent shot but I'm not at "guaranteed" yet, lol. There's a real chance that CYL wrapped up before the Ultimate roster was finalized.
I'd be more excited to see Black Knight decently high on the list if I wasn't so annoyed to see him listed as "Dark Knight". Brawl did the same thing.

Last edited:

LoopyBlack

Smash Cadet
I'd be more excited to see Black Knight decently high on the list if I wasn't so annoyed to see him listed as "Dark Knight". Brawl did the same thing.
Well now they have to add him; he would continue the trend of villains having different names in Japan. Koopa, Koopa Jr, Dedede, Black Pit, and Dark Knight.

...And Captain America, for Ridley. lol

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet

I was referring to DLC, the main benefit of DLC is hindsight, I imagine sakurai would be a bit miffed after seeing lyn curbstomp lucina in CYL only for him to deconfirm her as an assist.

though I don't think you would hear many complaints if her assist was removed to make way for the vastly superior playable character, though it does make you wonder if that rathalos reveal could point to something, but that would just be crazy speculation on my part.
I'd be more excited to see Black Knight decently high on the list if I wasn't so annoyed to see him listed as "Dark Knight". Brawl did the same thing. It listed his theme as "Against the Dark Knight". I'd even have taken "Against the Black Knight" over that, though his theme is actually called "Unstoppable Destiny".
his name is likely still intended to be black knight in both contexts, in japan they refer to him as dark knight, because his international name is the same as aries' title black knight, but then we have the the dark knight class from awakening and fates which only makes me curious if it was changed internationally or if the had the dark knight class used twice in the series (wouldn't be the first time as the priestess class returned in fates but had nothing to do with the gaiden priestess class, and mist had a unique cleric class in a game that had female priests)

so I hope this helps you understand why it makes sense from a direct translation standpoint, as fire emblem almost always changes names in localisation, and that kids is why kamui and arthur(genealogy?) will never be in heroes.

still though, I do hope that we get more proper names in these cases, I really don't like how eternal bond was changed to Ike's theme, but on the topic of music, I would love a remix of Zelgius the Brave in ultimate, it could be to Zelgius the Brave what Unstoppable Destiny is to The Black Knight Lives.

edit: another thing to bear in mind, in the smash ballot we were asked to describe why we wanted to see this character in smash or why they would be a good pick, so sheer quantity of votes may not be the only thing used to decide newcomers, I doubt that every vote was carefully read by daddy sakurai himself to see what we want for christmas, but I imagine they could have first cross referenced characters who popped up more than others then considered the pros and cons to adding them officially. This also could be a point in the black knight's favor, I remember that when I voted I said that he would have an easy moveset(due to having some good things to pull from) and that smash bros needs more villains.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I was referring to DLC, the main benefit of DLC is hindsight, I imagine sakurai would be a bit miffed after seeing lyn curbstomp lucina in CYL only for him to deconfirm her as an assist.

though I don't think you would hear many complaints if her assist was removed to make way for the vastly superior playable character, though it does make you wonder if that rathalos reveal could point to something, but that would just be crazy speculation on my part.

his name is likely still intended to be black knight in both contexts, in japan they refer to him as dark knight, because his international name is the same as aries' title black knight, but then we have the the dark knight class from awakening and fates which only makes me curious if it was changed internationally or if the had the dark knight class used twice in the series (wouldn't be the first time as the priestess class returned in fates but had nothing to do with the gaiden priestess class, and mist had a unique cleric class in a game that had female priests)

so I hope this helps you understand why it makes sense from a direct translation standpoint, as fire emblem almost always changes names in localisation, and that kids is why kamui and arthur(genealogy?) will never be in heroes.

still though, I do hope that we get more proper names in these cases, I really don't like how eternal bond was changed to Ike's theme, but on the topic of music, I would love a remix of Zelgius the Brave in ultimate, it could be to Zelgius the Brave what Unstoppable Destiny is to The Black Knight Lives.

edit: another thing to bear in mind, in the smash ballot we were asked to describe why we wanted to see this character in smash or why they would be a good pick, so sheer quantity of votes may not be the only thing used to decide newcomers, I doubt that every vote was carefully read by daddy sakurai himself to see what we want for christmas, but I imagine they could have first cross referenced characters who popped up more than others then considered the pros and cons to adding them officially. This also could be a point in the black knight's favor, I remember that when I voted I said that he would have an easy moveset(due to having some good things to pull from) and that smash bros needs more villains.
That does makes the mistake more understandable, but the Dark Knight is still an error in translation, and even if it wasn't, that's not even the name of the song. I always thought it was really weird how badly they messed it up.

Edit: I hope this doesn't come across as aggression. I just realized some might take it that way.

Last edited:

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
Question for ya'll, I remember that during that Famitsu interview with Sakurai he said he let the composers have pretty much free reign. He then said one particular composer had a "strange fixation" with Fire Emblem, think that might be a hint or not? Honestly I'm not sure if this is purely a off the collar observation from Sakurai or if he's being a cheeky tease here, it's hard to tell with him.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Question for ya'll, I remember that during that Famitsu interview with Sakurai he said he let the composers have pretty much free reign. He then said one particular composer had a "strange fixation" with Fire Emblem, think that might be a hint or not? Honestly I'm not sure if this is purely a off the collar observation from Sakurai or if he's being a cheeky tease here, it's hard to tell with him.
Definitely not a hint. All it means is that there's going to be a lot of Fe music. And that's just because it has good music and one of the composers is really into it. This means nothing for Black Knight's chances. The only way it could help is that it shows there is still somewhat of a focus on Fe but it's not evidence for a character.

NineLannister

Smash Rookie
NNID
NineLannister
Switch FC
SW 2787 1144 8408
I'm really gunning for Black Knight, especially considering the Heroes v. Villains theme (if that continues), as well as the changes made to Castle Siege. However, I'm starting to lean more towards him being a boss than a playable character. In my view, the Castle Siege change implies one or the other, since they wouldn't make make that kind of aesthetic change in anticipation of future DLC. Combined with Sakurai slowing down the pace of character reveals, as well as the Box Theory, Black Knight as a box looks most likely.

I'd definitely prefer him as a playable character though. He'd have to be one of my secondary mains on principle.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm really gunning for Black Knight, especially considering the Heroes v. Villains theme (if that continues), as well as the changes made to Castle Siege. However, I'm starting to lean more towards him being a boss than a playable character. In my view, the Castle Siege change implies one or the other, since they wouldn't make make that kind of aesthetic change in anticipation of future DLC. Combined with Sakurai slowing down the pace of character reveals, as well as the Box Theory, Black Knight as a box looks most likely.

I'd definitely prefer him as a playable character though. He'd have to be one of my secondary mains on principle.
His chances are 50/50 right now, but I do think he'll be getting a greater role regardless. Dark Samus was in a similar position and yet finally made the cut, not unreasonable to expect Black Knight as well.

Machete

Smash Ace
There is no Heroes v. Villains theme.

I also still can't see Black Knight as a boss and I don't really know why that idea caught on. Bosses have always been huge, and if you're gunning for a Fire Emblem boss, you'd go for Medeus or Grima as they are huge scary dragons, which is a big part of Fire Emblem that's not represented in any way yet.

I'd be willing to bet if Black Knight doesn't make it as an echo, he's an AT or nothing.

LostEggs

Smash Apprentice
There is no Heroes v. Villains theme.

I also still can't see Black Knight as a boss and I don't really know why that idea caught on. Bosses have always been huge, and if you're gunning for a Fire Emblem boss, you'd go for Medeus or Grima as they are huge scary dragons, which is a big part of Fire Emblem that's not represented in any way yet.

I'd be willing to bet if Black Knight doesn't make it as an echo, he's an AT or nothing.
Yeah, if we get an FE boss it'll be Grima. The walking spoiler is playable and they could easily recreate the Grima boss fight. Imo, I think BK is either playable or not in at all, if he were an assist he'd be anus. He'd be slow as an AT and no one would get hit by him. Actually....if he were an assist he wouldn't have had custom assets made like K Rool, he'd have his trophy assets like Lyn or Zero.

Machete

Smash Ace
Yeah, if we get an FE boss it'll be Grima. The walking spoiler is playable and they could easily recreate the Grima boss fight. Imo, I think BK is either playable or not in at all, if he were an assist he'd be anus. He'd be slow as an AT and no one would get hit by him. Actually....if he were an assist he wouldn't have had custom assets made like K Rool, he'd have his trophy assets like Lyn or Zero.
Naw, he'd have to have a new model for an Assist Trophy. And I mean, a very slow, yet borderline one hit ko Assist Trophy doesn't seem crazy to me.

I still don't think that'd be the case as if we had a new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy it would've been shown by now, I think, and he fits as an echo far too well. But I believe there's a chance, whereas I think there's no way he's a boss. A dragon would be far more interesting as a boss, and if Spirits is indeed a story mode, then a Grima boss fight makes a ton of sense and even allows Robin to be on the "evil" side at first.

Top Bottom