• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Iron Brawl I Results

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit

April 16th, 2011

Smash 64 Results

1. Da Bomb ($49)
2. Reflex ($14)
3. Winnar ($7)
4. JMIX
5. TMac
6. Matt
7. George

Melee Results

1. Iori ($77)
2. spaceballs ($22)
3. Ragnarok ($11)
4. Winnar
5. Shaka
5. Tide
7. Fong
7. WUMPS
9. Over-D
9. Da Bomb
9. JMIX

Brawl Results

1. Reflex ($112) :warioc:
2. Kismet ($32) :metaknight:
3. George ($16) :kirby2:
4. Ragnarok :diddy::metaknight::random:
5. shaSLAM :metaknight:
5. Spade :marth:
7. T1J :pit:
7. Ryker :falco:
9. Ingulit :diddy:
9. JMIX :mario2::luigi2::fox:
9. Shock :metaknight::pikachu:
9. Winnar :falcon::peach::random:
13. Taker :rob:
13. Da Bomb :popo::link2:
13. Pruitt :kirby2:
13. Stunts :random:
*If any characters need correcting, please let me know.

Thank you to all who came out despite the weather and A-Day! The Iron Brawl will be a semi-annual tournament held every college semester, so look for us again this fall!

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Hey, you should put the picture of the Brawl bracket up.

The Brawl grand finals ending was probably the best thing I've ever seen.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Rag went Meta Knight against George's Kirby in Loser's Semifinals.

Winnar went Peach against Ryker's Falco.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i know winnar went peach against me in brackets.

shoutouts

1. Reflex - gj at winning. and thanks for all the advice. hopefully i can develop my pit into something special. i wish i could have gone to duchocks and played some matches with you but it was just getting late and i need to get out of there. we'll get some matches in sometime

2. Kismet - i have to fight you at almost every tournament haha. i need to fight you more often though, your style of play really teaches me to be patient and not do dumb stuff because you're so good at punishing mistakes.

3. George - yay george finally wins some monies! good seeing ya, i feel like it's been a while. i wanted to try my pit against your kirby but maybe next time. that kirby is still sick i watched a lot of your matches you're getting really good at predicting people's actions.

4. Ragnarok - hey good seeing, we didn't get to play this time around, but good job getting fourth. I saw your matches with george that tripping is ridiculous haha

5. shaSLAM - thanks for picking me up and good placing at the tournament. you're definitely going to go up in the PR list next time we update.

5. Spade - i'd been wanting to face you for a while, that's a pretty nasty marth you've got. i guess pit's sword can't really compete with marth's. i intend to redeem myself in the future, good job getting 5th though.

7. T1J - get better nub

7. Ryker - we didn't play this time around but i saw bits and pieces of some of your matches, falco is gay lol good placing though.

9. Ingulit - i think you're like me, you do better in some matchups than others. you did a lot better against george than you did against me. like reflex said, camp moar. bananas are broken. pit has arrows but they're still limited. good job tho you actually already seem a bit better than you were at ausom

9. JMIX - you're like 10 times better than i remember you. luigi is one of those characters I just don't know how to fight, our pools matches were pretty intense. next time i'll bring out my snake and hopefully not get wrecked by luigi.

9. Shock - your pikachu was pretty scary, keep it up, just don't rely so much on spotdodge, you definitely have a good grasp of the character though.

9. Winnar - i mean i think that's the best falcon i've seen. but it's still falcon lol it was nice seeing ya, you're such a pleasant guy. hey go ahead and break out that MK, i aint mad at ya lol

special shoutout to duchock, good seein ya bro

Fun tournament, Ingulit you ran things better than i used to.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
5th? Better than I thought haha
Really nicely run tournament.

Shoutout to everyone in the jiggs 3v1. You know who you are.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Shoutouts!

Cam & Kola - Oh wait, you weren't there.

Wumps - Thanks for letting me crash at your place.

Slam - I'm keeping your backpack next time, fair warning.

Spade - Fun hanging out with you. I REALLY want to play you in brackets.

Rag - You're a piece of trash.

Ing - Thanks for hosting. That match in pools was legit. Rematch next time.

Bomb - You're a bro. I hate the whole ICs vs. MK thing we had going on, but that Link was legit.

Winnar - Sorry about Brawl. Now you apologize about Melee.

T1J - Saw your Pit. Good **** (Still ain't scared of you).

Reflex - Grab release shenanigan on SV was bull**** and you should feel bad.

George - I want a rematch, seriously. That laserlock was dumb. I've gotten two in tourney matches throughout my career and you're just like, "I got lasers, so whatever."

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was great. I learned a bit, and I wasn't mad at anything the whole time, as far as I'm concerned (Excluding when I lost a match in pools because I SD'd at 0). Shoutouts!

Reflex - Mother **** that's a good Wario ya got there. I was glad I got to play you. You are such a cool guy haha.

Kismet - I never got to play you. Not even in friendlies. You are scary. I still want to play you though.

George - Those random teams were lolsy haha. Fun, though, nevertheless. I didn't get to play you in singles. :[

Ragnarok - Rag, you are the ****. I REALLY wanted to save our bracket matches because they were so close! You are a solid player. Good **** and good seeing you again.

shaSLAM - at least you didn't have to feel bad and **** my Marth with that MK this time...?

Spade - Bring my wii next time and record every match I play. Think harder. Use more Dtilt, maybe Ftilt, and definitely more Dsmash. Stay in the right mindset at all times.

T1J - That first match was incredibly close. And yeah, Marth has teh range/kill moves haha. It was fun playing you. And I'm sure I'll play you more in the future.

Ryker - What's up Ryker! You are awesome. Thanks for the ride back to Shock's car and just being bad***. That falco is getting better and better. And we should play more friendlies!

Ingulit - think more in your matches! I hate seeing you get knocked straight out of brackets because you were just going for combos or doing the same things and getting punished. Camp more. You are too good to be knocked out so soon. Thanks for a great tourney and I hope to see you at another one soon! Next time you organize one, implement doubles.

JMIX - Your mario bros are awesome. What else can I say? Fun playing you.

Shock - Thank you a ton for the ride and Sprite and just being awesome. Next tourney I'm going to, I'm going to get your *** to go with me and we're playing teams.

Winnar - What Ryker said. Well, sorta. If you want to be decent in brawl, you must know it is COMPLETELY different than melee. Don't even compare the two. Oh, and use more peach and less falcon, imo :]

Taker - Fun playing you. You're getting better each time I see you/play you. And plus it helps me a bit with the ROB matchup :]

Da Bomb - so I herd you play ICs. I wanna play you next time!

Again, awesome tournament (minus the no doubles part), and good **** everyone.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Rag went Meta Knight against George's Kirby in Loser's Semifinals.

Winnar went Peach against Ryker's Falco.
Actually, I went all Falcon against Ryker's Falco. We played a friendly afterwards where I tried out peach and did a bit better, but that definitely wasn't tournament.

i know winnar went peach against me in brackets.

9. Winnar - i mean i think that's the best falcon i've seen. but it's still falcon lol it was nice seeing ya, you're such a pleasant guy. hey go ahead and break out that MK, i aint mad at ya lol
Thanks! :D It was great seeing you again...it's been way too long :(

I have to decide who I'm going to play in Brawl I guess... I've been able to get away with playing goofy characters for too long haha

I feel like giving shoutouts because I watched the whole thing on livestream.
hehe hi cam

Winnar - What Ryker said. Well, sorta. If you want to be decent in brawl, you must know it is COMPLETELY different than melee. Don't even compare the two. Oh, and use more peach and less falcon, imo :]
Thanks for the friendlies and advice and stuff. Even though it probably didn't seem like it, I appreciated all of it a lot! I have a hard time not getting discouraged really easily in Brawl, but I definitely want to get better at it. I know that deep down it's secretly a really fun game, so I know I'll never give up on it haha

---

Shoutouts later, videos will be uploaded probably on Thursday or Friday. Sorry it can't be sooner, but I've got two tests left on this last week of classes!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Yeah, and he was winning with it. This is the **** I have to put up with.
Sounds like good practice to me.

I'm sure if I got whooped in brawl a lot, I would be getting better.

Shoutouts later, videos will be uploaded probably on Thursday or Friday. Sorry it can't be sooner, but I've got two tests left on this last week of classes!
I'm sad that I couldnt meet you there for this. I'll see if I can get a ride with the tusca group to one of the next MSU tournaments (dont they go regularly?).

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Spade: Good **** at the tournament. You were playing a lot more patiently than you used to, which I think is really key for using Marth. Everytime you were playing someone I remember being on the edge of my seat shouting "Give him the Dolphin Slash!" Also, may I be the first to congratulate you on almost certainly making top 10 in AL.

Ryker: I was hysterical when you faced Winnar's falcon and you got the cg to death off in like the first 3 seconds of the match. Then, of course, you come back and do the same thing again for the second stock. Lol. You were doing really well against Reflex your second match, but then he did some things I didn't even know were legal to do with Wario. Also, why did Ryan counterpick you to Rainbow Cruise? You went MK, but I was surprised by how well Ryan did on that stage. Still, don't counterpick an MK to Rainbow Cruise. I see you lost to Ragnarok again. It sucks to always lose to the same person (who you also happen to play all the time). Another thing I have to tell you. I joined Spiral Knights the other day and made my name "Number Eleven." 3 guesses why.

Ingulit: Nice comeback on Pictochat against Reflex. I think he was right in saying that you just need to be more patient and a little more campy. You are a lot better than your placement in tournament would suggest, but I'm sure you'll do better with a little more matchup experience.

T1J: When I heard you were going Pit, I was not sure what to expect. Considering you haven't been using him long, I think you did pretty awesome. I saw some of your matches on the livestream. Your aim is a lot better than mine with those arrows.

Reflex: Alright, awesome it's time for grand finals! Who do we have playing? Reflex vs Kismet again? Nevermind, I think I'll go do something else. You guys are lucky _ wasn't at that tournament. He was ready to give you a run for your money with Sheik (yes, I did see you playing Sheik at the tournament Luis, at I was surprised at how well you did with her against Calvin).

Shock: Ah, I see that Pikachu is still alive. I'm glad someone is going to tournaments to represent the mouse. Now you just need to get rid of that swordy guy, whatever his name is. I saw your doubles matches against Rag and Ryker. You did something extremely sexy against Ragnarok on Halberd, and I'm going to find it to show you. You lured him into the base of thunder, and I jumped out of my seat when it happened. Very impressive.

Taker: I'm curious where the new name comes from. Why Taker?

Winnar: Don't do Falcon vs Falco por favor. It's really bad. I liked your Peach a lot though.

George: I think I can tell what you are thinking when you are playing. "I'm in trouble, ok, more bairs." Lol, what problem can't be solved with more Kirby bairs?

Ragnarok: Play on the livestream more so I can talk about how good you are at this game.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I did better against Calvin than I felt I was doing. Still not spectacular. :\

Also, Cam, the matches where I literally spammed almost nothing but bair (sorry JMIX) weren't streamed. I really don't think I abused it too much on the stream.

Top Bottom