• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Intertwining Pokémon ǁ Sylveon/Ninfia for Smash Switch!

LunaticSylveon

Smash Rookie
NNID
trixiethegr34t

i'll work on this later

how get more views help

SYLVEON: #700
ニンフィア (Ninfia)
Pokedex entries:
SUN:
Its ribbonlike feelers give off an aura that weakens hostility in its prey, causing them to let down their guard. Then it attacks.
MOON:
When this Pokémon sights its prey, it swirls its ribbonlike feelers as a distraction. A moment later, it pounces.

ASSORTED FACTS:
Is the lightest of the eeveelutions, at the same time being the tallest one.
It's name in English comes from the word Sylvan, being defined as:of, relating to, or inhabiting the woods", playing on the fairy nature(kindof a pun on very lol) of the character, as fae are commonly known in folklore to be forest dwellers. It's Japanese name, Ninfia/Nymphia is based on, well , fairies again. Water nymphs, wood nymphs, etc.
Not nymphomania, don't understand who thought nymph should be used for that word.

What do you guys think about this? Can be a mixture of Duck Hunt and Pikachu, it can use it's ribbons to do attacks.More floaty, perhaps.
Possible moves:
FAIRY WIND: The user stirs up a fairy wind and strikes the target with it. Maybe like D
SWIFT:Star-shaped rays are shot at the opposing Pokémon. In the game, it never misses, so maybe like Auto-reticle as for targeting. Would hitting a shield count as hitting? To deal with the never-miss thing, would probably only do 4% or 5%, mainly as a spacing tool.
DRAINING KISS:The user steals the target's HP with a kiss. The user's HP is restored by over half of the damage taken by the target. (Maybe like Robin's Nosferatu?)
LIGHT SCREEN: A wondrous wall of light is put up to reduce damage from special attacks for five turns. Make it just 5 uses with a timeout maybe,could also be like Palutena's Reflect? Maybe just a projectile nullifier(thanks to Luminario's suggestion).
MISTY TERRAIN: This protects Pokémon on the ground from status conditions and halves damage from Dragon-type moves for five turns. Would temporarily buff Sylveon(Luminario again), and maybe a small nerf like slower speed.

(will continue some more)​

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Before Greninja was announced, I was really hoping for Sylveon to be the gen 6 rep.

I still think it should be added as a playable fighter. It's the poster child for Fairy pokemon, it's a popular Eevee evolution, and the feelers can be used in a variety of ways that set it apart from every other character in Smash 4.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
My top choice for a Pokémon newcomer in Smash is and will forever be Magearna; but if we were to get a four-legged one that isn't Ivysaur, Sylveon is in a tie with Suicune for me. The latter has proven it could work well in Pokken, so why wouldn't that be the case in Smash?

Luminario

Smash Lord
aaaaa haven't been able to work on this for awhile, sorry guys lmao
It's all good we're all still here, just take your time.
If Sylveon did get in I wonder what it's gimmick might be. I like the idea of using Light Screen as a projectile nullifier instead of just Palutena's Reflect with Misty Terrain setting down a spot on the ground that buffs Sylv. I can see it being a defensive character that pesters foes from afar with projectiles like Moonblast and Draining Kiss while holding down stage control with Light Screen and Misty Terrain.

LunaticSylveon

Smash Rookie
NNID
trixiethegr34t
It's all good we're all still here, just take your time.
If Sylveon did get in I wonder what it's gimmick might be. I like the idea of using Light Screen as a projectile nullifier instead of just Palutena's Reflect with Misty Terrain setting down a spot on the ground that buffs Sylv. I can see it being a defensive character that pesters foes from afar with projectiles like Moonblast and Draining Kiss while holding down stage control with Light Screen and Misty Terrain.
added and updated the topic. thanks! uwu

PF9

Smash Lord
If any specimen in particular were to be used I would want Serena's Sylveon - it's the most well-known specimen of all Sylveon in the anime.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Is this dead? Cause I'm new to pokemon and I like Sylveon

Top Bottom