• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Innocent Magitek Knight Summons to Battle: Terra Branford for Smash Ultimate! Searching For Friends

Are you willing to join the Returners?

• Total voters

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Hey, Terra fans!

It's been a while since I've posted on Smashboards but I've got something exciting to show. I'm working to make Terra playable in Rivals of Aether!

I'm still rooting for her to somehow make it into Smash Ultimate but either way, I promise you we'll get a playable Terra.

If you're interested, I'll be posting regular updates for Terra on my twitter account: https://twitter.com/carrillgamedev

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey, Terra fans!

It's been a while since I've posted on Smashboards but I've got something exciting to show. I'm working to make Terra playable in Rivals of Aether!

I'm still rooting for her to somehow make it into Smash Ultimate but either way, I promise you we'll get a playable Terra.

If you're interested, I'll be posting regular updates for Terra on my twitter account: https://twitter.com/carrillgamedev
That's actually amazing. I'm really looking forward to see what you end up doing with this :O Gj

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Just to stop this thread from beign lost to the dreaded second page, i'll bump it with what i said in the RTC thread:
Terra Branford, from Final Fantasy 6.

Chance:1%

She's from FF6, one of the most beloved games all time, not just Final Fantasy, not just the SNES, not just JRPGS. Final Fantasy 6 is one of those games that people really love, and are no ashamed of admiting that. If people don't talk about 7 or 9, it's this one that you will see the most praise from (and rightfully so)

Unfortunately there are too many things against her:
-We still haven't seen a third party newcomer from an already represented franchise. Yes there's Ken and Richter, but those are echoes (even if Ken is an echo in name only) and therefore not exactly comparable.

-Even if we were to get a second FF rep, there's not a guarantee that Terra would be next on the spot. No, im not talking about another FF7 character, im convinced that if Sakurai were to include another Final Fantasy character, he would probably go with the main hero of another FF game altogether (FF7 Remake bandwagon notwithstanding) Thing is is that she has competition with Cecil Harvey (the first Hero of the first SNES FF game and an important iconic character of FF as a whole) Bartz (FF5 is far more popular in Japan, FF6 is not hated just seen as the "there" game in comparison) and even maybe somone more recent like Noctis or a more generic entity like the Black Mage. Don't even get me started on the other Square choices (and by that i mean Geno because it's the only character from Square that i see happening at this point, and before you ask Sora is legally owned by Disney)

-It's Square Enix. I wouldn't be surprised if they would rather cut Cloud than give another FF character, let alone Terra.

Want: 80%

I love Final Fantasy 6. Im not a fan of Final Fantasy, im a fan of Final Fantasy VI

The gameplay is simple yet fun, the soundtrack is amazing, the characters are memorable and the story lefts an impact on you. DQXI was the last game that even came close to touching FF6 (except Soundtrack, FF6 curbstomps DQXI's ost and that's not an unpopular opinion i assume) in my eyes. You can bet your ass i would love Terra Branford, the magical soldier of the Esper world, in Smash Brothers Ultimate.

Forget 2Butt, forget Chrono (sorry man) forget Lara Croft, forget Neku, forget Sora, etc. If i had to choose another FF/Square character from the bottom of my heart, she is the one no doubt.

Keep in mind im rating the character, i know if Terra were in Smash she would probably come at a lower price she ain't bringing **** her thanks to Square *I swear man this company is not stingy look we 8 midi songs for DQ and no spirits for FF outside of the Fighter spirits for Smash!11111* Enix.

BUT, if somehow, someway, the planets alinged, hell froze over and the entire space time continium were to be shattered, and Terra brought a stage, spirits and FF6's kickass soundtrack with some remixes, she would be a full on 100% on board with this. Not even Waluigi is someone i would give this rating to, and im a Waluigi follower. Im not asking for the Terry Bogard treatment here, the Banjo Treatment (a stage with character cameos and 10 songs with some remixes added in for good measure) would be enough for me.

This is the only other female character i want in Smash aside from Dixie Kong. Not because i want to **** her and turn Smash into a ****ty Waifufest, not because i believe there's evil misogynistic patriarchy keeping female reps out and therefore we must add female character for this idiotic arbitrary reason, or because im a salty hater of everything FF7 (try to get and see how many people try to put FF7 down when it comes to FF6, it's dumb) but because i love Terra Branford and FF6. She's not my favorite character in FF6 (hey Sabin) but despite that, she is a symbol of my love towards FF6. She ins't even one of my favorite "female" characters, she is one of the fictional characters in all media that i hold close to me, period.

Terra Branford for me would be like Simon Belmont was for me. Sure there are other characters like Isaac, Waluigi and Bandana Dee, but those characters are ones that i want alongside other people, just like K.Rool and Ridley were. Terra would be a personal fantasy for me come true, just like Simon was.

This isn't a request, this isn't a dream, this is a Fantasy, one that will never happen in this magic-less world. It's nice to dream sometimes, but you have to wake up soon enough:
Note to self: Remind me of playing FF6 by New Year's Eve. It's only fitting.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Would you all prefer Terra to be a transformable character like Zelda/Sheik or should her esper form be saved for her Final Smash?

Personally, I'd prefer it to be the Final Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Would you all prefer Terra to be a transformable character like Zelda/Sheik or should her esper form be saved for her Final Smash?

Personally, I'd prefer it to be the Final Smash.
id rather it was like a temporary power boost type thing more in line with how it is in the game

Oddball

Smash Lord
id rather it was like a temporary power boost type thing more in line with how it is in the game
Something like Shulk's boost perhaps?

Maybe combine it with Cloud's limit break so it's something she has to build up to?

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Terra's rate day is over.

The bad news is that barely anyone thinks Terra has a chance. not surprising

The good news are that Terra seems to be highly regarded as a character. So if she ever were to make surprise reveal the reception would be likely positive.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Terra's rate day is over.

The bad news is that barely anyone thinks Terra has a chance. not surprising

The good news are that Terra seems to be highly regarded as a character. So if she ever were to make surprise reveal the reception would be likely positive.
thats something at least

Ryu the Weredragon

Smash Rookie
I've wanted Terra in for a while. ^^ Count me in (Plus I kinda' would have preferred her over Cloud, but I understood Sakurai's stance on him).

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in! I’d love to see another FF rep for Smash! (Though Tidus would be my choice for a second FF rep for Smash, but Terra would be great too.) Hopefully, Square Enix won’t be stingy about it this time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Count me in! I’d love to see another FF rep for Smash! (Though Tidus would be my choice for a second FF rep for Smash, but Terra would be great too.) Hopefully, Square Enix won’t be stingy about it this time.
theres nothing to suggest they were being stingy the first time, thats just pure speculation

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
theres nothing to suggest they were being stingy the first time, thats just pure speculation
But when Cloud was included in Smash 4, he got a stage with only two songs, and in Smash Ultimate, he didn’t get any Final Fantasy VII spirits, besides his own, and it didn’t include his original Final Fantasy VII art. When Hero was included, he got Spirits, but he got a stage with only two songs for each skin from four different Dragon Quest games, and they weren’t even the Symphonic versions. They were the MIDI versions.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But when Cloud was included in Smash 4, he got a stage with only two songs, and in Smash Ultimate, he didn’t get any Final Fantasy VII spirits, besides his own, and it didn’t include his original Final Fantasy VII art. When Hero was included, he got Spirits, but he got a stage with only two songs for each skin from four different Dragon Quest games, and they weren’t even the Symphonic versions. They were the MIDI versions.
but we dont know why it happened, its also worth noting that over all dragon quest got more stuff than persona and banjo-kazooie. given that ultimate was in the early stages while smash 4 dlc cycle was still on going and therefore got the same licence for two games. however that is just hypothetical but its as hypothetical as SE not letting them have anything, its just something people assumed

Oddball

Smash Lord
Spirit Board Battle ideas for Terra ....

(This of course would mean that Terra would actually GET spirits, unlike an other Final Fantasy hero which will remain nameless.)

Locke :ultlink:
Celes :ultcloud:
Edgar :ultsnake:
Cyan :ultswordfighter: (Martial Artist Wig and Isaac's Outfit)
Setzer :ultrobin:
Sabin :ultken: (blue colors)
Shadow :ultsheik: (in black outfit with :ultduckhunt:)
Relm :ultisabelle: (with Adeline spirit appearing)
Gau :ultdiddy:
Strago :ultkirby:
Umaro :ultdk: (white colors in Ice Climber's stage)
Mog/Moogle :ultjigglypuff: (mob smash)
Gogo :ultmiifighters: (mob of them in various mismatched outfits)
Cid :ultdoc: (Yellow outfit)
Chocobo :ultyoshi: (Yellow colors)
Ultros :ultgnw: (gets a quick Final Smash. Yes, I am copying the Octoman Spirit battle. It works here.)
Emperor Gesthal :ultkingdedede:
Kefka :ultrobinf: (in red coat with :ultmetaknight: in that one very Kefka-ish color scheme he has)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Spirit Board Battle ideas for Terra ....

(This of course would mean that Terra would actually GET spirits, unlike an other Final Fantasy hero which will remain nameless.)

Locke :ultlink:
Celes :ultcloud:
Edgar :ultsnake:
Cyan :ultswordfighter: (Martial Artist Wig and Isaac's Outfit)
Setzer :ultrobin:
Sabin :ultken: (blue colors)
Shadow :ultsheik: (in black outfit with :ultduckhunt:)
Relm :ultisabelle: (with Adeline spirit appearing)
Gau :ultdiddy:
Strago :ultkirby:
Umaro :ultdk: (white colors in Ice Climber's stage)
Mog/Moogle :ultjigglypuff: (mob smash)
Gogo :ultmiifighters: (mob of them in various mismatched outfits)
Cid :ultdoc: (Yellow outfit)
Chocobo :ultyoshi: (Yellow colors)
Ultros :ultgnw: (gets a quick Final Smash. Yes, I am copying the Octoman Spirit battle. It works here.)
Emperor Gesthal :ultkingdedede:
Kefka :ultrobinf: (in red coat with :ultmetaknight: in that one very Kefka-ish color scheme he has)
a purple inkling would also work for ultros

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I guess secondary 3rd Parties are on the table now. Unfortunately, it was broken from one of our biggest competition......

I hope that, now that we know it's possible, we can at least build a big following for the next Smash game.
Don't worry. It's a pattern! We got Cloud in 2015, and we got Sephiroth in 2020. So, we'll get Terra in 2025 and Kefka in 2030!

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Just a reminder that my Terra mod for Rivals of Aether is still in development.

Sephiroth's reveal might mean the end of Terra's chances for Smash Ultimate and Terra's chances beyond that may remain yet unclear but I'm still determined to make all the Terra fans happy through other avenues!

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Just a reminder that my Terra mod for Rivals of Aether is still in development.

Sephiroth's reveal might mean the end of Terra's chances for Smash Ultimate and Terra's chances beyond that may remain yet unclear but I'm still determined to make all the Terra fans happy through other avenues!
That looks really awesome. Great work, Carrill.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So, what are your guys' thoughts on Kefka getting in after Terra? Or even Kefka getting in over Terra? Would you like him as an addition as well?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I think it would be weird for a villain to represent FF6 before a hero. And Terra is the poster girl of FF6.
She is. I think the one thing to note is that there is no true protagonist in FFVI. However, Terra and Celes are probably the closest with Terra being the poster girl, as you said. I think Kefka is actually the most popular character in the game worldwide, but Terra is more popular in Japan, which probably matters more.

Regardless, I think both should be in eventually, though it will likely be a while.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, the original Dissidia had Terra be the hero to represent FF6, putting aside story reasons.

Yeah, especially if SE decides to give FF4 the time of day again before that, it and FF6 are among the most noteworthy entries after 7.
For the sake of argument, though this would never happen, the ideal eight-player Smash for FF would probably be Cloud, Sephiroth, Terra, Kefka, Cecil, Squall, Zidane, and Noctis. Both a mix of uniqueness and popularity. I think most people would be satisfied with that selection.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the sake of argument, though this would never happen, the ideal eight-player Smash for FF would probably be Cloud, Sephiroth, Terra, Kefka, Cecil, Squall, Zidane, and Noctis. Both a mix of uniqueness and popularity. I think most people would be satisfied with that selection.
I certainly would be (barring Tifa), Squall in particular would be a fun choice if only this can happen:
"Oh great, another anime swords--"
GUN
"Oh."

Also, Stoic did draw him once alongside Noctis:

Last edited:
Top Bottom