• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Innocent Magitek Knight Summons to Battle: Terra Branford for Smash Ultimate! Searching For Friends

Are you willing to join the Returners?

• Total voters

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
At the very least, it would likely make a lot more people interested in the idea of Terra as a playable character if she appears in Smash in some form other than a fighter. I'd be happy to see her make it in at all, at any rate.

But I really don't expect it to happen considering FF content so far is (seemingly intentionally) limited to just FFVII.
Which is honestly lame because most 3rd party franchises so far rep all of the franchise in one or two characters

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
Which is honestly lame because most 3rd party franchises so far rep all of the franchise in one or two characters
I'm keeping a hold on the chance, however small, that there might be a bit of a red herring here, as far as "Final Fantasy content" in the game goes.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I still think that if there is gonna be more FF content, Sakurai might drop it towards the end to catch everyone off-guard... again!

And if not for the base Roster, I am still confident that Terra's chances are pretty good for DLC.

Like, I could imagine something like a "Final Fantasy DLC Pack" with Zack as Cloud's Echo Fighter and Terra as the newcomer. That would be awesome :D

But still hoping that she can make the cut to the base roster!

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Yeah, I think there's more FF content along the way. I don't see how Sakurai could call this the ultimate Super Smash Bros and be satisfied with just two FF songs. I definitely think he'd fight for more representation.

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I think there's more FF content along the way. I don't see how Sakurai could call this the ultimate Super Smash Bros and be satisfied with just two FF songs. I definitely think he'd fight for more representation.
For sure! In the August Direct, Sakurai seems to have made it clear that one thing he's going for with Ultimate is a true celebration and tribute of every franchise represented in it. And he definitely recognizes how big Final Fantasy is, so I'll be genuinely flabbergasted if he's satisfied with only having Cloud, Midgar, and 2 battle themes to represent it in the full game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really wonder how many characters are left, and how many can go in dlc. I dont think we have any clue, though there's tons of speculation.
Really looking to see how things turn with the next direct. (which should be sometime this month, just making a guess)

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
So a lot of people are expecting a new reveal soon, based on the "new" stickers being removed from newcomers on the website. There's not much evidence toward it this time but I'll keep my fingers crossed for Terra. :)

Last edited:

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
This doesn't have to do with Smash, persay, but I decided to change my avatar for the spookiest time of the year. For the remainder of October, my PFP will have our girl dressed up as a cute witch for the occasion! :)

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
For sure! In the August Direct, Sakurai seems to have made it clear that one thing he's going for with Ultimate is a true celebration and tribute of every franchise represented in it. And he definitely recognizes how big Final Fantasy is, so I'll be genuinely flabbergasted if he's satisfied with only having Cloud, Midgar, and 2 battle themes to represent it in the full game.
A part of me wonders if it’s because SE is stingy with its prices and not just legal issues with its music and such. If Sakurai only wanted to represent FFVII in Smash, then I suppose it’s passable enough, but as far as the franchise in general it’s pretty dang weak and disappointing especially seeing the amount of love Castlevania received. We haven’t even gotten nary an AT, and Cloud still speaks Japanese in all regions, which honestly feels out-of-place considering the attention to detail normally placed in Smash.

But yeah, getting Terra would go a long ways in mitigating my feelings towards FF content in Smash, even if we got just her and her alone as the only thing coming out of FFVI in the series.

D

Deleted member

I know SE is strict with their content and we don't know to what extent they will allow FF content in general, but there has to be more... right? FF's content is pretty lackluster, even with a character as big as Cloud making it into Smash.

Let's hope that Terra makes it in Smash this time. If the base game doesn't have her, then we will have to make some moves and movements on the Internet.

This doesn't have to do with Smash, persay, but I decided to change my avatar for the spookiest time of the year. For the remainder of October, my PFP will have our girl dressed up as a cute witch for the occasion! :)
If you don't mind, may I have the source please? I really love that avatar!

If Sakurai only wanted to represent FFVII in Smash, then I suppose it’s passable enough, but as far as the franchise in general it’s pretty dang weak and disappointing especially seeing the amount of love Castlevania received. We haven’t even gotten nary an AT, and Cloud still speaks Japanese in all regions, which honestly feels out-of-place considering the attention to detail normally placed in Smash.
I'm surprised that there aren't any FF ATs yet, even Bayonetta got one. Surely they could've gone with a mascot like Moogle or Chocobo, a protagonist like Warrior of Light, a summon like Carbuncle, or even just a FF7 character with Tifa or Barrett.
I also find it odd how they went out of their way to give Marth and even Ike their new English voice actors for FE Heroes (and I am sure Ray Chase will reprise his role as Roy), but they didn't get Steve Burton for Cloud. It's possible it's a union related issue or even a Square Enix one, but it's odd that he only speaks Japanese... hopefully this is a build thing that will be fixed later.
I bet that if Terra got in, she won't have this issue; her English voice actor has done some work like voicing several characters in FE Heroes.

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
I know SE is strict with their content and we don't know to what extent they will allow FF content in general, but there has to be more... right? FF's content is pretty lackluster, even with a character as big as Cloud making it into Smash.

Let's hope that Terra makes it in Smash this time. If the base game doesn't have her, then we will have to make some moves and movements on the Internet.

If you don't mind, may I have the source please? I really love that avatar!

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=6898548 Here you are, sir!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I'm surprised that there aren't any FF ATs yet, even Bayonetta got one. Surely they could've gone with a mascot like Moogle or Chocobo, a protagonist like Warrior of Light, a summon like Carbuncle, or even just a FF7 character with Tifa or Barrett.
I also find it odd how they went out of their way to give Marth and even Ike their new English voice actors for FE Heroes (and I am sure Ray Chase will reprise his role as Roy), but they didn't get Steve Burton for Cloud. It's possible it's a union related issue or even a Square Enix one, but it's odd that he only speaks Japanese... hopefully this is a build thing that will be fixed later.
I bet that if Terra got in, she won't have this issue; her English voice actor has done some work like voicing several characters in FE Heroes.
You are talking about Natalie Lander right? Yeah, she voiced a major character (Elise) from Fire Emblem Fates and a few other characters for Fire Emblem Heroes so she is no stranger to Nintendo. Also, this is mostly trivia but Natalie Lander also did Elise's lines for Corrin's smash 4 reveal trailer. If Terra was to be put into Smash I'm sure they would bring Natalie in to voice her lines.

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
Say... I know Terra's Amano/Dissidia appearance has mostly been her "go-to" look these days, with her green-haired sprite-inspired looks usually being alternate costumes, but I really think that if she gets into Smash, she'll actually have her classic look as the default. Cause the same was true with Simon Belmont. Usually,in his more recent appearances and crossovers, he's had his appearance from Castlevania Chronicles (red-haired, black leather armor, long boots, kinda bishounen in the face), but Sakurai went retro and nostalgic, going for his classic, more Conan/barbarian-esque look from his older sprites and boxart. So I'd be willing to BET you guys that the same will go for Terra if she gets added.

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Green-haired Terra is the best Terra, so if that happens, I'll be able to forgive Sakurai for saddling us with dopey-looking-Conan-reject Simon.

D

Deleted member

Say... I know Terra's Amano/Dissidia appearance has mostly been her "go-to" look these days, with her green-haired sprite-inspired looks usually being alternate costumes, but I really think that if she gets into Smash, she'll actually have her classic look as the default. Cause the same was true with Simon Belmont. Usually,in his more recent appearances and crossovers, he's had his appearance from Castlevania Chronicles (red-haired, black leather armor, long boots, kinda bishounen in the face), but Sakurai went retro and nostalgic, going for his classic, more Conan/barbarian-esque look from his older sprites and boxart. So I'd be willing to BET you guys that the same will go for Terra if she gets added.
I'll be happy as long as we get both looks as her costumes like how Cloud has his SOLDIER and Advent Children outfits. I feel like both are very iconic to her.

Thank you my good sir!

You are talking about Natalie Lander right? Yeah, she voiced a major character (Elise) from Fire Emblem Fates and a few other characters for Fire Emblem Heroes so she is no stranger to Nintendo. Also, this is mostly trivia but Natalie Lander also did Elise's lines for Corrin's smash 4 reveal trailer. If Terra was to be put into Smash I'm sure they would bring Natalie in to voice her lines.
Yup! That's who I was referring to!
I doubt there will be a union problem or even Square holding her back to reprise her role as Terra in Smash.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I have a preference for blonde hair Terra as you can see in my pixel avatar here (which I made btw). :)

I'm a lover of Amano's art so naturally, I love her original design.

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
That is a nicely drawn avatar. I like that particular shade of blonde for when Terra *must* be blonde, as it still leans into that almost-pale green range, especially in contrast with her outfit.

I personally prefer her with the green hair as the unnatural color hints at her status as not-completely-human. I also like that it balances out the rest of her warm-color design with a cooler color, which fits her balanced personality (unlike most Fire-slinging protagonists who tend to be pretty hot-blooded).

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
That is a nicely drawn avatar. I like that particular shade of blonde for when Terra *must* be blonde, as it still leans into that almost-pale green range, especially in contrast with her outfit.

I personally prefer her with the green hair as the unnatural color hints at her status as not-completely-human. I also like that it balances out the rest of her warm-color design with a cooler color, which fits her balanced personality (unlike most Fire-slinging protagonists who tend to be pretty hot-blooded).
I like the green hair more. Makes her more memorable

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Personally I prefer green haired Terra if only because most of the other blonde haired Final Fantasy gals all look too similar to me and Terra with green hair helps her stand out more and her heritage somewhat justifies it. Also, for some reason I just really like women with green hair in video games.

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone!
I just want to let you know that my friend AustarusIV AustarusIV and I have recently created the Terra Discord! If you want to discuss about Terra, Smash, or Final Fantasy, this is the Discord for you! It's a little small for now, but hopefully we can make it grow!
Here is a link:
https://discord.gg/dYEMdbR

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Actually Simon's classic look is now the defeault one used in most Castlevania media.

Super Bomberman R (where he is called Belmont Bomber) features him with his classic Blonde Design.

Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls (the latest Casltevania game) uses the Classic Simon as the defeault design while Chronicles is just an Alt (this marks the first Castlevania game in which Ayami Kojima draws Classic Simon, and it's likely not gonna be the last)

Merchandise of Simon features him with the same blonde muscular look, such as the First 4 Figures statue of him and the NECA Figures toy. It's easy to tell that Classic Simon is ironically the more recently used design.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If it's not obvious, I like green hair, So.. I'd be for it with Terra too :)
I think it'd be interesting to go with a retro look, but I do really like the new design, tbh. Leave it to Sakurai to do something interesting.. :)

So long as she's pretty and is fun to play, I'm all good :)

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
As much as green as my favorite color, I find it hard to imagine her not being blonde. Dissidia and the PS1 CGI really burned that image in my memory. Regardless of which hair color she ends up with, we're gonna get both anyway if she ends up playable.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think Terra with blonde hair and a gradient hue in green would look most ideal in Smash. Something like this, maybe:

__moogle_and_tina_branford_final_fantasy_and_final_fantasy_vi_drawn_by_fujimaru_green_sparrow_...jpg

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
does it matter what her default hair colour is? the other one is bound to be an alt anyway

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
does it matter what her default hair colour is? the other one is bound to be an alt anyway
True enough. We all know that she would definitely get both with alternate costumes, and that no matter what color her hair, Terra is lovely either way. :)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, it would determine the look of the amiibo, at the very least. Although considering Player 2 Amiibos are a thing, we could still get both hair colors.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hey any thoughts on how to include trance? cant seem to recall if anyones suggested anything yet

Teeb147

Smash Legend
hey any thoughts on how to include trance? cant seem to recall if anyones suggested anything yet
While I'd love for her to be able to fight as an esper, the likely scenario is that it'd be her final smash.

Though I suppose it'd also be possible to do some kind of meter like cloud and be able to transform when it's filled or something.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
While I'd love for her to be able to fight as an esper, the likely scenario is that it'd be her final smash.

Though I suppose it'd also be possible to do some kind of meter like cloud and be able to transform when it's filled or something.
the meter would work, but i suppose final smash is most likely perhaps shed transform and then use her limit

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Basically what I thought of for Terra’s Trance is that it would work like Cloud’s Limit Gauge; once Terra has dealt enough damage or has accumulated enough damage over time, her down B will transform her into her Esper form. Her Esper form would slightly change her moveset and her attributes, making her faster and floatier and with more punch to her magical attacks. For example, instead of using a sword for her neutrals, she could use her claws, which would have special attributes to them (i.e. lightning, fire, etc.).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
the meter would work, but i suppose final smash is most likely perhaps shed transform and then use her limit
Since I rarely play with smash balls, I'd rather she could transform without it, but most transformations are final smashes so it feels like that'd be the trend.
It's nice to be more powerful, but I dunno if I'd want to remove a b-move for it. If it's like that, I think it should have at least 2 special/magic moves usable before reverting, unlike cloud, or perhaps just a time limit.

The best case scenario would be that it doesnt take a b-move, but when she has enough magic power, you hold a b button or something to transform, and still have all skills on b moves :)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Hewwo! :3

I like Terra, she's cool. I support!
Since I rarely play with smash balls, I'd rather she could transform without it, but most transformations are final smashes so it feels like that'd be the trend.
It's nice to be more powerful, but I dunno if I'd want to remove a b-move for it. If it's like that, I think it should have at least 2 special/magic moves usable before reverting, unlike cloud, or perhaps just a time limit.

The best case scenario would be that it doesnt take a b-move, but when she has enough magic power, you hold a b button or something to transform, and still have all skills on b moves :)
Hey mom! :D

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Was thinking of a new topic of discussion to keep the thread going, so I'm curious to know which of the playable cast is your favorite character, excluding Terra?

I think I'd have to say Shadow is my favorite character. I like how we have this inexplicable badass ninja and his dog in a steampunk world and that despite his fearsome reputation, he still goes up and helps the Returners despite not getting much in return (though he does leave them time and time again). I love how his backstory shaped him into who he is at the beginning of the story as well as his relationship with Relm and his dog Interceptor.

The fact that he's a pretty decent party member as well also helps.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Was thinking of a new topic of discussion to keep the thread going, so I'm curious to know which of the playable cast is your favorite character, excluding Terra?

I think I'd have to say Shadow is my favorite character. I like how we have this inexplicable badass ninja and his dog in a steampunk world and that despite his fearsome reputation, he still goes up and helps the Returners despite not getting much in return (though he does leave them time and time again). I love how his backstory shaped him into who he is at the beginning of the story as well as his relationship with Relm and his dog Interceptor.

my is definitely locke

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024

I guess I would say Edgar is my favorite. A king who while a big flirt deeply cares about his citizens and brother Sabin and assists the heroes with taking down the empire. His interacting with his brother was also nice. Also like how he is always good in battle from start to finish since his tools lets him deal with most enemies.

Also like Setzer because he looks like a Castlevania character to me, had a casino in his airship plus it is fun killing things with Fixed Dice+Offering combo.

Other honorable mentions are Locke, Sabin, Shadow and Celes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom