• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Innocent Magitek Knight Summons to Battle: Terra Branford for Smash Ultimate! Searching For Friends

Are you willing to join the Returners?

• Total voters

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Not quite related to her in Smash but how I wish I could own this figure...

Don't worry, I'm sure a hypothetical Smash amiibo would more than make up for it. :p

That is until the scalpers get their hands on the last ones in stock.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Don't worry, I'm sure a hypothetical Smash amiibo would more than make up for it. :p

That is until the scalpers get their hands on the last ones in stock.
Ohhh yes. That would just be so awesome to have. I'm probably going to buy more amiibos this time around, but a terra one would make my day, and I'd train that girl like there's no tomorow :)
Hopefully they don't make them overpowered this time around, so they can actually be good practice.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
I couldn't help myself back with Smash wiiU to buy all smash related amiibos !

Having Terra next to Cloud would be awesome. :)

What area of FF6 would you like the most to see to represent FF6? I'm not talking only Terra but the whole game?
Narshe near the cliff could be great with the esper. Or at the Opera with Ultros for Celes.
I think Edgar's or Cyan's castle would look great especially the music.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

What area of FF6 would you like the most to see to represent FF6? I'm not talking only Terra but the whole game?
Narshe near the cliff could be great with the esper. Or at the Opera with Ultros for Celes.
id go with narshe as i love ice and snow stages

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman

One area people usually don't talk about that I think would be cool is the Magitek Research Facility. The Phantom Train would be great too.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Narshe would probably be the most likely pick since it’s the first location you visit in FFVI, but other than that I’d really like to see the Floating Continent as a stage. You could have Kefka appear on the stage along with the Warring Triad as stage elements, calling forth powerful magic on select parts of the stage, destroying any fighters caught within the blast radius, before finally destroying the stage itself with the misalignment of the Warring Triad statues. The fighters could then be put in free fall movement until they fall on Setzer’s airship, and then the stage resets back to normal.

Or alternatively, the Ultima Weapon could appear as a stage boss.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can think of a few places, but really I don't know.
Hmm.. what's an iconic place besides Narshe?

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
- Kefka's Tower
- Floating Continent
- Overworld Airship Visting Different Locations
- Phantom Train(complete with suplex)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Do you think if Terra gets in Smash she’ll be left undubbed like Cloud, or will she get her English VA? IIRC the reason Steve Burton doesn’t voice Cloud is because he’s a union actor and his union was involved in a strike that prevented him from voicing Cloud. But Natalie Lander (Terra’s English VA) has voiced characters in games that generally didn’t use non-union actors before, Elise from Fire Emblem Fates being one of them, so she could conceivably still voice Terra if given the chance.

I will admit, though, it’d be a bit funny and weird to have Terra speaking English while Cloud is stuck speaking Japanese, though then again we kinda had that going with the FE characters for a while lol.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I think Narshe is the most likely and iconic.

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
I think Narshe is the most likely and iconic.
Yeah, definitely! I've even tried to imagine how it could look as a Smash stage, myself. It would start on the cliffs overlooking Narshe,where it would be home to pretty basic fights, aside from just the usual pits and Umaro in the background, but soon, it would transition to the larger town,with most of the background and details intact,and even the option of jumping onto the bridge leading from Arvis' house to the mines, with the possibility of Magitek Armor soldiers coming in as hazards (maybe you could even ride one. That'd be awesome.) Finally, the fight would change to the mines, with Valigarmanda frozen in the background,Mog and his Moogle pals hanging out, and occasionally, Ymir as a stage hazard! You can damage and KO the lattermost, to keep him from interfering, but make sure not to attack the shell. ;)

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
The new leak with Agnes kind of has me sweating. Honestly, it looks really fake but that's what everyone thought about the ESRB leak for Smash 4. Still, the render of Agnes looks terrible and really inaccurate.

I think I got my hopes up to high... -.-

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The new leak with Agnes kind of has me sweating. Honestly, it looks really fake but that's what everyone thought about the ESRB leak for Smash 4. Still, the render of Agnes looks terrible and really inaccurate.

I think I got my hopes up to high... -.-
If they come out with gameplay video, then we'd have something to talk about :p. But I feel like it's a non-thing right now.
Could be a cool character, but it'd be an odd pick for sure.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
If they come out with gameplay video, then we'd have something to talk about :p. But I feel like it's a non-thing right now.
Could be a cool character, but it'd be an odd pick for sure.
The aspect of it that bothers me most is the incorrect parting of her hair. How could they possibly get that detail wrong? It has to be fake. If you're going to make an odd pick like Agnes, at least get her look right.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The aspect of it that bothers me most is the incorrect parting of her hair. How could they possibly get that detail wrong? It has to be fake. If you're going to make an odd pick like Agnes, at least get her look right.
I don't really get that either. The rest seems somewhat clean, but then it goes overboard. I wonder if two different people worked on it or something.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Hey, you kiddng me, people. Agnes? Heck to the YEAH! I don't know BD very well but Bravely Default tells us that Square Enix still has some classic FF blood in them. I Don't think we ever saw Agnes in HD so that's something. Id rather have Terra or Crono or just anyone that represents old school Squaresoft but this works too. I once said that my most wanted characters (Don chan and any cat character but they also cancel each other out if they come in) will be immediately cancelled out if we get proper Square representation and Bravely Default pretty much fits the bill if we can't get Terra, so...

Hey, worst case senario is we get Sora and Mickey mouse is in his final smash.

Biggest question is; why does Isaac have brown hair?

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Biggest question is; why does Isaac have brown hair?
This and Agnes's wrongly parted hair is why it's fake to me. They don't even look like the characters they're supposed to be.

At least with the ESRB leak, the characters looked like themselves.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
This and Agnes's wrongly parted hair is why it's fake to me. They don't even look like the characters they're supposed to be.

At least with the ESRB leak, the characters looked like themselves.
Yeah. Some people thought it was Ayama, the schoolgirl Sakurai considered for Smash.

I couldn't find these renders anywhere. Either it's just placeholder/beta models or we have another Artsy omni in our hands.

Isaac looks like a photoshopped littlemac like all the other pretty pointy chinned anime boys so it's 100% real

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just be forewarned guys, but if the Agnes leak is real and it turns out she's in the game, please don't bash the character or people supporting her. It's the last thing I want to see in this thread and I rather we be respectful if it does happen.
I do think the leak is fake from the renders looking off and I think several of them were taken from various sources and touched up, but for now let's focus on supporting Terra. If she's not in this one, we gotta focus on rallying her for the next one.

Not quite related to her in Smash but how I wish I could own this figure...

I have that and her Dissida figure from many years ago.
Paid a bit to get them, but it was worth it because it's Terra. :3

I was thinking of Kefka's tower, Narshe, or the Opera House.
All of these locations are pretty iconic and would make for great stages. I can even see them do an Ultros boss fight in that single player mode (though I prefer Gilgamesh for... reasons).

- Phantom Train(complete with suplex)
YES

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just be forewarned guys, but if the Agnes leak is real and it turns out she's in the game, please don't bash the character or people supporting her. It's the last thing I want to see in this thread and I rather we be respectful if it does happen.
I do think the leak is fake from the renders looking off and I think several of them were taken from various sources and touched up, but for now let's focus on supporting Terra. If she's not in this one, we gotta focus on rallying her for the next one.

I have that and her Dissida figure from many years ago.
Paid a bit to get them, but it was worth it because it's Terra. :3

I was thinking of Kefka's tower, Narshe, or the Opera House.
All of these locations are pretty iconic and would make for great stages. I can even see them do an Ultros boss fight in that single player mode (though I prefer Gilgamesh for... reasons).

YES
Sure, I wouldn't anyway cuz who knows I might like her, depending on how they designer her.
I feel like some people in the Geno thread would bash her maybe...

You bought it?! yeay, nice, but I'll settle for the amiibo once it's out xD (non-chalant wishful thinking)

Opera house is definitely interesting. Would go well with Celes there too :)

Also, someone in the Geno thread posted this official 3d render of Agnes, and it looks nothing like the cheap one in the leak:

And it's so darn beautiful too :love:

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I personally wouldn't be into Agnes but I wouldn't exactly be mad with her actually being real. If anything, I'd congratulate the people who wanted her. What does make me angry is how bad the renders in the leak look. They got her hair wrong... How could they mess up a detail like that? She also looks really plain in the render and not as pretty as she looks in Bravely Default. It's a disservice to Agnes.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
On the subject of stages based on FF6 for Smash the places that always stood out the most for me were Narshe, Kefka's Tower, Flying Continent, and the Magitek Factory.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
At least he came forward admitting them to be false. Some people would just continue trolling for as long as possible.

No offense to lovers of Agnes but it does make it very happy. I need my girl Terra to have a chance.
A job changer character would be pretty cool though.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to share those reflexions with you. I have been noticing more support for Crono lately and as much as I would love adding him and the Chrono Trigger game to the roster, I think Terra would be a better fit. Chrono Trigger has a massive following and Terra is against the argument that Cloud is the FF representative which is unfair.

FF6 is Just as important as Chrono Trigger. It is part of a franchise that worked better over years and grew in popularity compared to Chrono Trigger who Only really had Chrono cross (awesome game also btw).

What Terra has going for her is the recent desire of SE to capitalize on its whole franchise and all the character with games like Dissidia. It makes Terra and Celes relevant again. SE would have more to gain to put Terra in than Crono imo.

Dissidia is making a New generation of gamers discover those beloved characters. And yes, i know Smash bros is a nintendo game celebrating its history and not FF so you cant have to many characters from it. But having the main protagonist from the biggest Snes era RPG that Still appears in games today would be a smart move.

I think I want Terra's inclusion Just a bit too much hehe

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just wanted to share those reflexions with you. I have been noticing more support for Crono lately and as much as I would love adding him and the Chrono Trigger game to the roster, I think Terra would be a better fit. Chrono Trigger has a massive following and Terra is against the argument that Cloud is the FF representative which is unfair.

FF6 is Just as important as Chrono Trigger. It is part of a franchise that worked better over years and grew in popularity compared to Chrono Trigger who Only really had Chrono cross (awesome game also btw).

What Terra has going for her is the recent desire of SE to capitalize on its whole franchise and all the character with games like Dissidia. It makes Terra and Celes relevant again. SE would have more to gain to put Terra in than Crono imo.

Dissidia is making a New generation of gamers discover those beloved characters. And yes, i know Smash bros is a nintendo game celebrating its history and not FF so you cant have to many characters from it. But having the main protagonist from the biggest Snes era RPG that Still appears in games today would be a smart move.

Crono would be a popular addition. But SE hasn't really treated chrono trigger well, for whatever reason. I'd be surprised if they decided for a sudden revival of it through smash.

For me the biggest pull is that we already have a main guy character as cloud, and I'd prefer we make the next step and go to Terra as a female second character. To me it's a step that makes more sense than going back to a new wheel, but Chrono Trigger is probably more renowned, in some ways, but all I can hope is for SE and Nintendo to make the good decision :p
Tbh though, again, there's so many great SE characters, and I just created a support thread for Secret of Mana too. I'm not going to focus just on Terra, but she's still my most wanted :)

On another note, someone in the Shantae thread posted this, and it's along a few things we talked about before:

I know leaks are dumb (this is not really a leak), but someone who has had insider info before dropped this:

SO ABOUT THOSE ****ING CHAIRS AGAIN?! OUR GIRL???

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had a feeling the Agnes leak was fake, so it didn't faze me at all.
But it's all good! Our girl is still in the running!

Crono would be a popular addition. But SE hasn't really treated chrono trigger well, for whatever reason. I'd be surprised if they decided for a sudden revival of it through smash.

For me the biggest pull is that we already have a main guy character as cloud, and I'd prefer we make the next step and go to Terra as a female second character. To me it's a step that makes more sense than going back to a new wheel, but Chrono Trigger is probably more renowned, in some ways, but all I can hope is for SE and Nintendo to make the good decision :p
To be honest I played Chrono Trigger before FF6. While I think that CT is better than FF6, I loved FF6 more than it. Still, I wouldn't be opposed to Crono being a playable character in Smash Bros.; again, I love the game and the music is incredible. I think I made a moveset for him too.

Both FF6 and CT are two of the best RPGs the SNES has to offer and I would urge any massive RPG fan to play both games.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
The leak by LeakyPandy would line up well with what the Neogaf leaker is saying if true. The Neogaf leaker claimed that Skullkid "would indeed make an appearance in the game based on his transformations from Majora's Mask." If its supposed to be those transformations that happen to be the final boss in the game, I can't see this meaning anything other than him being a boss. And this would bode well for Terra being in the game, giving the Neogaf leaker more credibility.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The leak by LeakyPandy would line up well with what the Neogaf leaker is saying if true. The Neogaf leaker claimed that Skullkid "would indeed make an appearance in the game based on his transformations from Majora's Mask." If its supposed to be those transformations that happen to be the final boss in the game, I can't see this meaning anything other than him being a boss. And this would bode well for Terra being in the game, giving the Neogaf leaker more credibility.
yup that's what I was hinting at too. It would make sense and align well. There's a few odd things about the leak but there might be reasons for them.
All I think now is just that it's kind of all up in the air. Anything's possible and I'm looking forward to seeing what the real deal is, and what characters Nintendo will show (and surprise) us with. :)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I love Chrono Trigger and all, but I would be very surprised if Crono was added as a playable character considering that Square Enix has all but abandoned the series at this point. IIRC, one of the criteria for a third party character to make it into Smash is for both parties (i.e. Nintendo and the third party developer) to want the character in Smash as a fighter, and I doubt Square would be willing to have Crono since they probably have other characters they’d be more interested in seeing in the game.

As for the potential Skull Kid disconfirmation... I’m still cautious on it potentially lining up with the NeoGAF leaks, but I’m going to remain optimistic on Terra’s chances. I feel she’s the kind of character that Square Enix would be happy to see playable in Smash, moreso than any other classic SE character except maybe from Dragon Quest.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice

I like Crono but I don't want "Just another sword user". Also Crono has like, zero personality. I haven't played CT in 2 years but iirc if you take away the other party members' dual techs, Crono only uses his lightning attack like 2 times, then in the end he's just spinning and jumping. One of them being good for a Final Smash and that's it. If they want a good CT rep they gotta do two or three in one slot (maybe the Year 1k trio?) for the unique duel tech mechanic and that can be very creative.

Terra's gimmick is being half mage half sword user. I don't think we really have that in smash yet, Robin doesn't count because she uses a book and a dagger.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Yeah, I'm not sure what Crono would bring to the table that isn't already there. I like CT though.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
^I'm not so certain how that would work though. I feel like for a tag team character to work, at least one of them needs to be small. Ice Climbers are both short, Rosalina is tall while her Luma is very small, and Olimar and Pikmin are both tiny. Crono, Marle, and Luca wouldn't be the tallest likely but they'd be taller than Ice Climbers definitely. Plus, that would be three of them.

For the same reason, I also have my doubts that Rex and Pyra would work that smoothly but that's a different subject.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
^I'm not so certain how that would work though. I feel like for a tag team character to work, at least one of them needs to be small. Ice Climbers are both short, Rosalina is tall while her Luma is very small, and Olimar and Pikmin are both tiny. Crono, Marle, and Luca wouldn't be the tallest likely but they'd be taller than Ice Climbers definitely. Plus, that would be three of them.

For the same reason, I also have my doubts that Rex and Pyra would work that smoothly but that's a different subject.

That means you wouldn't be that against Alis landale and Myau then. Phew

Maybe Lucca and Marle can stand behind crono and will tag in once needed (like a charged special move or something) They stay behind Crono not doing so much unless it's for certain specials. Kinda like the Pokemon trainer. He stood around and did actions except in this case Marle or lucca jumps in to attack at specific times. It *should* save up resources. If still no, how about Frog then. I heard X slash is pretty iconic.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I'm up for terra being in Smash, better tha Geno
I would like for his fans to be happy at the very least. Though to be honest, Geno's rabid support kind of makes me scratch my head. It's a game as old as FFVI yet unlike Terra, Geno hasn't made a game appearance aside from cameos in 22 years. It leaves me stumped as to how he has such a fan demand in spite of the fact that younger players shouldn't know him at all. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that people won't stop talking about him? And what about Mallow? I can't help but feel so sorry that fans obsess over Geno yet leave Mallow in the dirt. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom