• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Indiana Thread Re:Edit

CÁT Rose

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is right but I'm starting this in hopes of finding smashers of any game from 64 to project M in or near Indiana I'm starting this because I've only seen one Indiana tournament and wold like to play or just practice with dedicated players anyone is welcome

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Sorry bro, but this is the Olympia Washington group. You want to post in the regional forums. I'll move this thread for you.

Icyo

Smash Ace
This thread needs an overhaul...or at least links to the different Indiana Facebook groups.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Will update when not drinking. So, tomorrow.

The OP has been incredibly simplified. I'll add more information soon and stuff. Hope this makes it easier for new guys to get in contact with others.

Last edited:

Xzile40

Smash Rookie
I wish this was more active than it was. :/ Well i live in south bend, Indiana. Hit me up if anybody nearby is looking for some smash players. Also, if anything is going on around here, I know about 3 other people that would also be interested, so don't hesitate to let me know :p

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I update this thread every single week with every Indiana tournament I'm aware of. Unfortunately I don't really have connections to anybody in South Bend.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
I wish this was more active than it was. :/ Well i live in south bend, Indiana. Hit me up if anybody nearby is looking for some smash players. Also, if anything is going on around here, I know about 3 other people that would also be interested, so don't hesitate to let me know :p

I live in crown point. I'd be more than happy to smash with you guys.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I updated the OP to reflect this weekend's tournaments. I usually wouldn't post about explicitly doing this but I did it really late this week. >_> My bad guys.

nosex

Smash Rookie
i live in valparaiso. it's about an hour from south bend. i would totally drive up some day and play smash with you all, is there ever a fest or a tournament? some weeklies? if not, i would still be interested in just playing some smash. <<<< melee, but i'll try PM as well

p.s. this thread SHOULD be more active; we should definitely get an NWI crew going or something, haha.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
Me and a couple of my friends were thinking of making an NWI smash group on facebook, I need a few more people to join before I put it together though.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Are any of the guys in the FB group part of Smashboards? I would've thought an IN thread would be a little more lively than this.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I'd venture to say not many of them. Would be nice to get this thread poppin' again though.

I assume a ton of activity will accompany the onset of Smash 4 but, you know, before that.

nosex

Smash Rookie
Good to see there's more to northwest IN than just tink and I these days.
in such company our training must be true!

Would be nice to get this thread poppin' again though.
yes! and since indy is two and a half hours away it would be cool if some more NWI ppl chimed in (matt where uuu at?) and we all started some (bi?)weeklies or something (a new region [re]appears). then we could all come down on a (salty) sunday or something and crew battle (l o l). but seriously, it would just be nice to see these threads bumpin' and also to have ppl to play with somewhat regularly. i'm trying to get back into this and i have a lot of work to do but without anyone to play with it's sort of impossible.

p.s. planning to make it to these places sometime: a purdue fest, an indy weekly, a fort wayne monthly, a bloomington biweekly, a wavedash wednesday (hi chicago), etc. it would be cool if someone in NWI (i.e. closer) could host a fest (i would if i could).

p.p.s. @ Mr_Sweet Mr_Sweet , you should definitely get that NWI fb group going.

p.p.s. i'm in valparaiso.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Different. Monthlies. Although some of the DtJ crew will probably show up though.

Also Sov I'm glad that you're already excited to get to my Mario, but unfortunately I won't be playing Mario!

Last edited:

Xzile40

Smash Rookie
(sorry i, to be completely honest, completely forgot about this thread XD Just popped into my head that i should check it)

Me and Nujabes (few posts back) both live in downtown south bend not too far from the downtown public libarary. (Sjcpl)

Lately I've been busy with work but due to the work place being PoS's they cut my hours down to 10 this week. So i'm open any time any day except Friday and Saturday this week =_=. If any of you live nearby and just looking to play some smash for a couple of hours i'd be up, and probably Nujabes would be too (assuming he's not busy at the time). There's 2 other people that me and Nujabes play with frequently but one lives in Elkhart and is busy, and the other lives a bit farther away and is usually busy too.

If you are interested, add me on skype or steam and spam me until i respond. (just for the sake of getting ahold of me quicker, since i don't seem to check this thread too often) Both my Skype and Steam name are Xzile40.

On a sidenote, me and Nujabes both play melee and Project M. We're both pretty close to the same level of play, although after a few matches of Nujabes getting warmed up i seem to start to drag behind a little in skill level. Personally speaking, i'm better at PM than Melee, although i'm looking to get better eventually :p

Edit: if you play with me, be wary of my salt levels. Lol i get salty but i dont mean most the shiet i say ^^

Last edited:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Sorry about not updating last week but this has been updated to reflect the local events for this week and to try to get more people from Indiana to go to UFGT 10.

Also come to Godlike this weekend.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
The Bloomington scene is attempting to become a lot more active this upcoming fall and spring. Basically this whole year has just been building up the scene here again. We will be getting larger venues on campus to hold our biweeklies next semester, so now's the time to connect with our FB group! That's where we post all of the information regarding our activities. Our Biweeklies have died down as most people are leaving for home, but, again, we will be rolling ahead at full force this coming school year!

Also a side note, I've seen some people from the South Bend area looking for some Smashfests. I am actually from South Bend and coming back for the summer, so if anyone is looking to set anything up, just send me a private message on here and we can try to organize something that involves some of the Valpo or Crown Point people to maximize attendance.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
Also a side note, I've seen some people from the South Bend area looking for some Smashfests. I am actually from South Bend and coming back for the summer, so if anyone is looking to set anything up, just send me a private message on here and we can try to organize something that involves some of the Valpo or Crown Point people to maximize attendance.
I posted my northwest indiana smash group earlier in this thread, I've already got over 20 people to join, including players like Lazarond and Tink. I'm planning on working with members in the community to organize events and what not. So feel free to join and help the NWI scene grow!

Top Bottom