• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That tagline is actually awesome TH. Mine is lame enough that I won't repeat it here.

I'll admit I've been attempting this online dating thing off and on for about 3 years now, with zero success. I have yet to get a single date out of it. How charmless must I be to not get responses from anonymous girls online specifically on a website trying to get a date ... sigh. At this point I may as well sign up to be a monk, since apparently I've taken a vow of celibacy without realizing it.

Sorry, I try never to whine about my personal problems.

EVO hyyype, etc

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Brett, sadly the best way to get responses on those online sites is to not go out of your way to look like a super nice dude. For some reason girls tend to respond if you just ask them a really specific question about their profile, even without any sort of salutation. It's also a good idea, when you actually do get a response, to quickly try to transition the conversation to texting, and then soon after that suggest meeting up if you are interested. Just my 2 cents. I've dabbled with online dating on and off and I agree it sucks but a surprisingly number of people seem to find some success with it. It's definitely a numbers game though.

But yeah screw dating EVO is a bazillion times more important. If you ever get the opportunity to play a set with Armada and it's not on a stream, be sure to get someone in the room to record it with their phone!

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
It's a numbers game whether online or not. Other than that I agree (which is like agreeing with 99.9% of the message, but I'm just being pedantic.)

BUT funny fact. Cmart I know you dabble in some j-rock, so this might be relevant to you. Maximum The Hormone (most well-known for their work on Death Note) has a song called "Chu Chu Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura Purin Purin Boron Nurururerorero" that sounds right up your ally. Try to guess what it's about.

Fun fact: I see Jigglypuff's Japanese name in there twice. It's a bit horrifying if you know what the song is about, but it makes complete sense having played against her in Melee.

spoiler: it's about ****

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
You don't have to guess, the answer is right in front of you.

Also the song isn't particularly good, I just thought you'd enjoy the ridicousness of the title.

Speaking of ridiclousness, I forgot how much I enjoy the Pokemon Viet Crystal series. Some of my favorites are.

Angrish: Many NPCs when you defeat them said:
Whitney: YY? ? Y-?!! ??X? ??X?!! ??C???X??!! ?? ??? ??????
Farfetch'd's Pokedex entry said:
?TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.
In the Pokedex, Scyther is labeled as the "**** Pokemon".
An NPC trainer who likes big butts and he cannot lie said:
WEI! YOU CAN'T THROW THE BUTT CASUALLY
This story is too ****ed up to be in a kids game said:
I WILL TELL YOU A SPECIALLY AWFUL STORY A BOY BOUGHT A NEW BIKE WHITH VERY HAPPY AND RIDE IT TO PLAY AT ONCE, I REMEMBERED THE SKY WAS DARK, HE COULDN'T FEEL ANYTHING BUT HAPPY TOO. SUDDENLY THE BIKE SPEED BECAME SLOW, THE PEDAL BECAME HEAVY. IF NOT PEDALING, THE BIKE WENT BACK THIS IMPRECATORY BIKE LED THE BOY TO THE HELL.
And those are the quotes I forgot about. I'm not even including the Trashy Man or Black Society quotes.

Don't serve the devil.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to cmart for being a boss and sticking through the whole weekend.

Shoutouts to JCaesar for being a toxic mega **** and not raising his dongers for more than an hour before ditching. But I still appreciate you showing up at all. Cmart did not though.

Shoutouts to Oliver Cunningham "Environmental Designer"
~Oliver Cunningham

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Tournament on Saturday (which I WON btw) and Sunday was the only day I could see my cousin who was visiting from Colorado. So sue me.

I do wanna hang out though. Who's coming to Bitgen?

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
So sue me.
Very well then. My attourney will be in touch.

But on a more serious note, I'm already going to Otakon with Clyde and all them. I've bailed on him like 5 times in a row now (including last weekend), and that weekend will be the last weekend before I go back to Richmond. So I doubt I'll be able to make it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Umm, that's the whole point. It's like right across the street and it's cheap. A lot of people go to both. I suppose you have to miss one night of Otakon, but so what?

cmart

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to cmart for being a boss and sticking through the whole weekend.

Shoutouts to Oliver Cunningham "Environmental Designer"
~Oliver Cunningham
I actually ended up crashing and burning and being an hour late to work the next day, so I'm not sure how boss-like I am.

It was a lot of fun though

cmart

Smash Lord
So I now know what Juicy J can't say no to. In my defense, my coworkers felt you didn't give me enough context. In your defense, they got it immediately.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
SypherPhoenix who posted about 10 posts up hosts fests near Fairfax sometimes. Primarily Melee afaik.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Bubbaking almost always goes to Sypher's fests with a P:M setup if that interests you. I have my strongest doubts that Brawl will ever be played there, though, so you might be better off organizing something on the MD/VA Brawl FB group (or hunt down a Smasher in Fairfax and force them to play with you; both work).

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀ, ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴsᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅʟɪᴇsᴛ (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°) Mom always said my donger was big for my age ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Are legionary wednesdays open to randoms? Me and some friends of mine are looking to get a bit more active in the scene. ^^

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
They are, but they are going on an indefinite hiatus. Tonight was the last one probably for a while. Sorry :/

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Gonna bump this by expressing my honest thoughts on the legendary Frankencontroller:

OMFG THANK YOU CMART IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN BOTH OF MY OTHER CONTROLLERS ;~;

Top Bottom