• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
JCz already established much earlier that he was going to hold a for cash tourney and entrance was manditory if you came on Sat.

I imagine it's going to be mostly formality though and it's pretty much going to be "donate $5 to Plank or Ryoko".

:phone:

D

Deleted member

the correct answer is ryoko. pretty sure ryoko is the actual best player for this game.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
wtf? no. Some of us are too cheap, poor, and hungry to blow $5 on a tourney as it is. Wait until you actually get a better venue before charging us an extra $5, please @_@
Dude, you have how many project m tournies?

Seriously? You can't save $10 for a tournament you've known about for a month +? I just got married, crashed my car twice, had my wifes car break down, got a cat, and while completely broke, was able to get enough money to enter events (i was selling yugioh cards when possible, among other things) back to back weeks. Step yo game up son. Not like he's charging a door fee. Waffle entered tournies for 7 months while unemployed, you can figure it out.

Edit: The above poster hitchhiked to APEX on $12, you can find a way to enter the event if it's $10

Bandit

Smash Lord
Hahahaha "a better venue"...

This is a private invitational. It is the secret hq of the legion and you complain?

For shame!!!!

Susan, take care of my light work.

D

Deleted member

I was talking to ryoko on aim. I said I'd go enter the teams tournament with him if he wants. He said he didn't know there was going to be teams.

So yeah, I'm leaving to college until friday. If ryoko wants to team, I'll enter, both tournaments if necessary, only teams if I have my choice. If not, sorry for being a pain in the ***. Either way I won't stay before/after the event.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Do we have to sign up for both tourneys? I kinda despise teams in a competative setting and would much rather just enter singles if I can.

Not to mention the only teammate I can possibly have any fun with in a teams tourney won't be there.

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
Hey JC and Cmart. Is there room for one more 'maybe'? I told you before I wanted to bring Parenthesis, and he says he definitely wants to go, but the guy tends to flake so I don't want to say for sure.

Also +2 Monster Hunter, +5 Chrono Cross, and -3 not being impressed with Chrono Trigger, whatever that means.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Double negative, tricky...

I'll put Parenthesis on the Maybe list.

Actually, Umbreon, we're gonna do teams first, so if you wanna take off after that, that's fine. Since Thunderhorse doesn't want to enter teams anyway, that may still work out to a nice even 8 teams. I just want to make sure we have 16 for singles, so I won't count you on the list. That leaves 2 slots still open.

Updated Prez Day fest list
Confirmed (14):
JCaesar
cmart
Ryoko
Yeroc
GHNeko
Kirisame
.rar
Gurukid

Thunderhorse
9K+1
Plank
Vanguard
SoJ
Solo

Maybe (8):
Dark.pch
Waffle
Jim
Caboose

hot$
Count Kaiser
UltiMario
Parenthesis

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Depends when the OOSers show up I guess.

Can I get some ETAs for the people who are coming on Saturday?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
@mow yes ryoko is most certainly better than me.

@jcaez teams? shietttt....team with me?? edit:: also practice one evening this week murbeh?

ill come at like 1 probably on sat.

also: does anyone know where/if there are any solid wolf vids around?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You're definitely welcome to come over Friday night.

Plank: sorry, cmart is my permanent teammate. Friday night and tonight are the only nights this week that I'm free. If you (or anyone else) want to come over one of those nights, let me know.

D

Deleted member

plank and bandit should team if only because they'd be the most hilarious to watch.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace

Also I'm not sure if I would be able to stay for more than Friday/Saturday. JCz's floorspace is rather limited, and with 14 guests I assume finding decent sleeping space would be impossible since all we'd have to work with is the living room and maybe the tiny hallway. And even though the drive is still a lot less than the drive to Westminster, going to and from there 3 times wouldn't be fantastic.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Only the bolded ones are staying overnight as far as I know, so that's only 6 people so far not counting you. So there should definitely be floor space if you want to stay.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Only the bolded ones are staying overnight as far as I know, so that's only 6 people so far not counting you. So there should definitely be floor space if you want to stay.
Nice. I figured everyone was staying over, or at least most everyone. 6 People can work though.

For Chuck:

Twisted Fate called. He wants his attire back.

If Musketeer Twisted Fate looked like that though, I would use that over any TF skin, classic or otherwise. Maybe there's hope yet

I must just pick up Soul Calbiur V for this though. But **** Nightmare, Raphael will be my new main, low tier be damned.

CTL17

Smash Lord
So for the extra slots on Saturday, until it reaches 16, will it be first-come-first-serve? I think the other OoSers should confirm rather soon. In any case, I will call/text to ask the status on Saturday when I am freed.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
As an FYI, though my actual Megabus reservation is to leave at 9pm and arrive a bit after midnight tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can sneak onto the 12:50pm or 4pm departures which arrive in Union during MARC train service hours. I'll keep you posted by phone for whether or not that works out.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sounds good Ryoko
So for the extra slots on Saturday, until it reaches 16, will it be first-come-first-serve? I think the other OoSers should confirm rather soon. In any case, I will call/text to ask the status on Saturday when I am freed.
Basically yeah. I talked to Waffle and he can't make it, and I still haven't gotten any more definite confirmations (though I think Ultimario expressed interest recently), so for now, you should be good.

As a preliminary schedule, I'm gonna say teams around 2ish (since it sounds like a lot of people are getting here around 1), and singles after dinner. I'd still like to get more ETAs from the OOSers though so I can really nail it down better.

Updated Prez Day fest list
Confirmed (16):
JCaesar
cmart
Ryoko
Yeroc
GHNeko
Kirisame
.rar
Gurukid

Thunderhorse
9K+1
Plank
Vanguard
SoJ
Solo
Umbreon/CTL
Count Kaiser

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Add me to the confirmed list. Also, I'm coming down on Saturday and was planning to spend the night into Sunday, would that be fine?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ok that's all, we're locked up for Saturday. And yeah Count Kaiser, you can stay the night.

I hope people are bringing sleeping bags and stuff.

CTL17

Smash Lord
So I'm replacing Mow for singles. Alright. Should I wait for Mow's departure before arriving? (Also, what is he going to do?)

Top Bottom