• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Saga on Nintendo Switch

No Sympathy

Smash Rookie
I have played both Ike games but have only beaten Radiance. Kind of mad I never finished Dawn because of the difficulty. A borrowed it from my cousin but never gave it back, I might still have it but I really don't feel like setting up the Wii. Honestly it would just be great to get both those games more exposure because while everyone has heard of Ike very few have actually played his games. I know this sub series of Fire Emblem didn't sell well in Japan and in the West but I'm playing Fates right now and the world building and characters is just so sub-par compared to those other games. Anyone else hoping for a re-release?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think everyone wants some sort of re-release for those games. :p Ike is popular enough that they'd definitely sell now. I'd take either a HD remake, or a Gamecube Virtual Console release (or similar). Though I'd probably favour remakes since that'd give them a chance to restore the stuff that was cut from the western versions, like PoR's Maniac Mode, or the removed story content from Radiant Dawn.

No Sympathy

Smash Rookie
I think everyone wants some sort of re-release for those games. :p Ike is popular enough that they'd definitely sell now. I'd take either a HD remake, or a Gamecube Virtual Console release (or similar). Though I'd probably favour remakes since that'd give them a chance to restore the stuff that was cut from the western versions, like PoR's Maniac Mode, or the removed story content from Radiant Dawn.
That would be fantastic.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'd love to see them re-released as well. I'm trying to play through the entire FE series, but Nintendo isn't exactly playing nice with emulation, so buying a copy is my best bet. I'd much rather play Gamecube/Wii games on a Nintendo console than on my own computer anyway.

On a side note, I hope they localize and re-release Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 on the VC too, but only one miracle at a time.

No Sympathy

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see them re-released as well. I'm trying to play through the entire FE series, but Nintendo isn't exactly playing nice with emulation, so buying a copy is my best bet. I'd much rather play Gamecube/Wii games on a Nintendo console than on my own computer anyway.

On a side note, I hope they localize and re-release Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 on the VC too, but only one miracle at a time.
The West barely has half the series. Its amazing that Square-Enix has made every numbered Final Fantasy accessible yet Nintendo doesn't want to make a quick buck bringing the older games even as cheap 3DS or Iphone apps. I guess translating and recording everything would be tough.

Top Bottom