• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Match-Up Ratio Topic

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ally has won tournaments with his MK though. >_>

And who uses MK and "plays the MU properly"? I wanna see videos of this against Ike.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ally has won tournaments with his MK though. >_>

And who uses MK and "plays the MU properly"? I wanna see videos of this against Ike.
Maybe you should come to tournaments. Watching San get wrecked by Lee Martin was pretty demoralizing. San said it himself, "He played smart. Didn't make any mistakes".

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
In my first tournament i went to.... i got 3 stocked by M2K in 39 seconds......

I switched to Pikachu and managed to take stocks off then....

so yea Ike vs MK sucks....

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Maybe you should come to tournaments. Watching San get wrecked by Lee Martin was pretty demoralizing. San said it himself, "He played smart. Didn't make any mistakes".
lol. Still think it's 7:3, not any worse. I was making tons of mistakes. Trela almost beat me worse first match before I actually started playing decent. Doesn't make lucario 2:8 XD. I just get tired/don't feel like playing much sometimes, johns but true I guess.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
stamina, if your playing for very long extended periods of time you can quickly lose your momentum. It sucks too when you know you could be playing better. However, i do believe its during those times is when its hardest to play your best. So do the best you can given how you feel. Least you can be honest about it

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Eh yea, I've definitely felt the grind of long tournaments before. It's something you just learn to deal with and get better at the more tournies you go to. I'm used to being at tournaments lasting 10+ hours anyways.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, ike vs. mk isnt nice, one offstage dair from him and youve lost a stock, unless its high up of course.

im not really experienced enough to give MU's on everyone, but as for most higher tier characters, i can.
but, this is from my experience in a part of the world with a very different metagame.

i think for ike, against characters with gimmicks that ARE distracting and effect the game (grenades, bananas) its best to learn to use ike's DACIT effectively the amount of times i've caught diddy's off guarding by throwing a banana at him with DACIT and then gotten a free hit on them, (because literally, you slide right to where the banana lands if thrown forward) if they are at any sort of percentage, they will die agaisnt ike. thats diddy only of course, for snake. youre better off learning the sort of techniques a snake uses with them rather than jsut throwing them back or off stage.

and olimar...ugh what a pain. yeah, all i can say is ignore the pikmin, oliamr will try to hit you as youre trying to get them off you, if you ignore them and continue to focus solely on olimar, chances are they will resort of less effective tactics.
sorry if i went into too much detail there, but once again, UK metagame is different

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Bumping this thing. I think we should get these ratios added to that huge match-up chart they have somewhere. You know the one with all the pretty colors that still has big empty holes all over it cause people are too lazy to get MU ratios done?

Do we want to collect more input first or do you think we have enough? There are still some regulars, or former regulars, who haven't posted their ratios yet.

:034:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ah okay. Judging by the level of completeness for that chart, he seems like the kind of guy who always takes his time.

:034:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hmm, i know i said i'd stop bumping older topics, but this one realyl needs to get going again, our matchups have changed, and we need to maek note of this and discuss it.
i doubt anyone will post in this again anyway

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
...No they haven't. This is barely a month old.

I swear, you're becoming the new comboking. That ain't a good thing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
this is what happens when i try to contribute lolz.
watever, shall stick to ashunera's library for now. just to help out the boards, apparently it dont happen XP

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
lol, Texas Ikes just need to step it up IMO

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Technically we still do have that topic I made a year ago for match-ups still stickied.

I (and everyone else here, I presume) am not too keen on huge discussions though so if you can find a better use for that topic just let me know.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Technically we still do have that topic I made a year ago for match-ups still stickied.

I (and everyone else here, I presume) am not too keen on huge discussions though so if you can find a better use for that topic just let me know.
well i like large discussions as most can tell, because i end up posting a fkn essay in most of my posts when theres something to discuss. but i can imagine we can jsut throw out random ratio's untill we come to an agreement on one for a certian character

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Yay ratios, thanks Niddo and Nysyarc.

And everyone else who helped contribute. It's unfortunate that Ike's major weakness is only vs. the majority of high tier cast, which is played the most in tournaments. >.>

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
It's unfortunate that Ike's major weakness is only vs. the majority of high tier cast, which is played the most in tournaments. >.>
sorry bored. i was trying to show that i could agree with what meneil just posted. it is true though.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
How can Ike:Icies be 50/50? Is there a discussion or description on this matchup?
1) You did not read the first post completely.

2) It is what it is. The moment Nana is separated by any real distance, she's Fsmash bait. Jab can separate them fairly easily, or at least rack up a lot of damage. Fair can in fact just get around a blizzard wall if used in the right place, or you can use Counter against it. Ike's B/Fthrows are just fast enough to be used as a separator, and can be used out of jab. Most of Ike's moves outrange most of IC's moves. Ice Blocks can be jab'd away or shielded.

3) Do not further discuss the MU here, and actually read the first post.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
jeez, we're a really friendly board arent we?
then again, we DO main ike...
ah well at least i finalyl found out why ike is good against icies..never gonna help me though

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I just realized we forgot something in a MU. The MU Ratio topic on the tactical board has ratios for the individual pokemon PT has. lol

Squirtle: 65-35
Charizard: 45-55
Ivysaur: 55-45

Top Bottom