• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Idol Pokemon Dances onto the Field. Meloetta for smash thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
The Melody Pokemon for the 5th Generation, Meloetta
Normal-Meloetta.png

Who Are they

Meloetta is one of the few legendary pokemon from Pokemon Black and White, #648. Her base form is her Aria Form, the one on the left, and is a Normal/Psychic Pokemon. She has a unique mechanic where if she learns and uses the move Relic Song in battle, she changes into the Pirouette Form, which changes her stats and makes her a Normal/Fighting type. Aria Form is based upon a Idol singer, and thus has better Spc Attack and Spc Def, while Pirouette form is based upon an Idol Dancer, and has More Attack and Speed.

Representation in Games/Media Outside of Pokemon
800px-Meloetta_Aria_Forme_anime.png 800px-Meloetta_Pirouette_Forme_anime.png
Meloetta has had a decently large role outside of the main pokemon games. She was a key character in the pokemon Best Wishes saga in the Pokemon Anime, traveling with Ash and the crew for a decent amount of time.

Meloetta even had her own mini special that aired. the first video of this second has the japanese ending music of it, and above is the english version of the whole short.

Super-Smash-Bros.12.jpg

She also was in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS as a Pokeball Pokemon. She would Fly around the stage doing Echoed Voice in her Aria form, and the music notes would bounce off the stage and sides of the screen.

20th-anniversary-169-en.jpg
Meloetta has also gotten a lot of Toy and Plush promotion. There are A LOT of Plushies of her in both of her forms, both her and in japan, as well as other promotional material with her

meloetta_by_pombei-d8ps8kh.png.jpg
Why should they be in Smash?

5th Generation is often considered the dark horse of the pokemon generations. Honestly it didn't get too many stand out pokemon, so who would represent the generation in smash? The one leak said Gothitelle as a Gardevoir Echo, and while that works, I feel it also cheats out the 5th Generation. As shown above, Meloetta got a lot of extra stuff for her in terms of the anime, her own special, and other marketing. Personally Meloetta would be a great choice to represent the 5th gen, and also bring a fun unique moveset into smash that got lost when Shiek and Zelda split, a true stance dancer.

melo_melo_meloetta_by_theboogie-d54tdrd.png
How Would she Fight?
Meloetta could be our first true stance dancer in the game. Shiek and Zelda were more 2 fighters in one, and Pokemon Trainer kinda does it with its faster switching but with 3 fighters its more you play who you want when you want, but Meloetta could be a true one where she can change in mid combo easily and very fast, giving lots of crazy set ups and mix ups. Aria would have very zone focused and more range on her attacks, and Pirouette would be faster and closer range. With their transformation with Relic song being a transformation that also damages, it would be easy to switch in the middle of long combos and fights without leaving them open or letting the other fighter recover while you transform. Think of it like Gen from SF, though only 1 move changes your stance the easy of using that move at any time makes up for it. Switching between the 2 forms would be key to doing well with her, unlike with old Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon trainer where you can just stick with one. The get the best use out of this fighter would be to stance dance effectivly, and I think that would be a very cool and new style of play for the series.

meloetta_by_bobmecz-d5xnhxe.jpg
Potential Move sets
I will be editing this over time as I expand upon it.

Both B: Relic Song. Meloetta sings a note that envelopes around her, doing damage and if the opponent has enough damage falls asleep. This also changes Meloetta's current form during the quick song. If Kirby copies Meloetta he just does the attack, no transformation, but still has the chance to sleep
Aria Side B: Echoed Voice. Meloetta sings an a music note flies out, like with her Pokeball attack. It will bounce off any surface and the edges of the screen as well till it hits a character or after 4 seconds. There can only be 2 notes bouncing around at once
Pirouette Side B: Close Combat. Meloetta does a grab, and if she succceeds, she does a rapid set of punches, then launches them away. Does a lot of damage but after the attack Meloetta is easier to launch for a short time.
Aria Up B: Round. Meloetta starts to sing and starts to fly up. The longer you hold the B button, the longer you fly around and sing, damaging anyone you hit. The move is slow and can be punished easily, but it has a very long range of recovery.
Pirouette Up B: Acrobatics. Meloetta does a flip and a twirl jump in air, damaging anyone caught in the move, and ends with a spin kick knocking them away. Goes mid distance
Aria Down B: Perish Song. Meloetta sings an eerie song that damages all around her. This move does more damage the higher % the foe is at, dealing massive damage at 100%+, If Meloetta herself is over 50% damage she takes 5% damage if she uses this move. If over 100% she takes 10%
Pirouette Down B: Teeter Dance. Meloetta dances, and causes damage and tripping people nearby herself

meloetta_v_3_by_xous54-d51s37c.png
In conclusion:
Meloetta would be an excellent fun choice for the Smash series, as both a 5th generation pokemon and a unique fighter. Whether its as Base Roster or DLC, I hope this idol can dance onto the smash stage one day!

Attachments

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The Meloetta thread will be transferred over to this one.

Of course, I support this character 100% :)
Awesome and cute, and would be great for having a gen 5 in.

Here's some more animated gifs of Meloetta for everyone's enjoyment:
tumblr_n7t6hnZCnz1t032lco1_500.gif

tumblr_ni0so5pxPG1rtk7zmo1_400.gif

08be6c406ec0cb5a1ed8dd41d1bc0433.gif

tumblr_o8f6k9T5Wz1rd4ymxo1_500.gif

tumblr_o692weXCv61vr0oowo1_500.gif

11e1c22923d3bfc97c00634c8f94819a.gif

97e20eb6ace0ea9ca4b1775e9162e326.gif

202b101f8204de07efd790dda6334680.gif

2774e4d19b41b8b68867f97d1a632f6c.gif

b2ee9608bb7bdc8cb8940c134cf12950.gif

e0fc392073afea6fb8c875c1752d5f2b.gif

ef62458dfbb46be5bc3058ba6ae6ce0a.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mrjrqczIik1sanjh0o1_400.gif

tenor.gif

tumblr_mx2rskF4y11s4mjyno1_500.gif

Go Meloetta! :)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Uh oh, it's me! That Rottytops loving, double posting officer, and pessimist extraordinaire! Here to ruin the ruin the thread!

Well, I support Meloetta anyway, she's really cute, and is the best pick for gen 5 Pokemon imo.

Hoping for her inclusion! :D

Last edited:

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Support! Meloetta is my favourite Pokemon of al time!

Luminario

Smash Lord
My fave Gen 5 and fave Mythical. Meloetta 100% should have been in Pokken.
They could try and have it do the Zelda/Sheik thing but, you know, better. I can see Aria form being the defensive zoner, using Echoed Voice just like the Pokeball summon attack with Light Screen for reflecting, and Pirouette form using Teeter Dance as a command grab and Close Combat as a risky kill move. Relic Song could have a hitbox as it transforms Meloetta, so it's not just the transform move.

zferolie

Smash Hero
OK, Added everyone to the support list. I also shrunk some of the fan art to thumbnails so they weren't as large and imposing. Let me know what you guys think.

My fave Gen 5 and fave Mythical. Meloetta 100% should have been in Pokken.
They could try and have it do the Zelda/Sheik thing but, you know, better. I can see Aria form being the defensive zoner, using Echoed Voice just like the Pokeball summon attack with Light Screen for reflecting, and Pirouette form using Teeter Dance as a command grab and Close Combat as a risky kill move. Relic Song could have a hitbox as it transforms Meloetta, so it's not just the transform move.
Oh I like that Idea for close combat. Hope you don't mind that I put it into my moveset. Your idea also gave me the idea of added a slight downside to Perish song for meloetta at higher % herself, to be a bit more lore accurate to the move in game. And yeah, The transform having a hitbox I think could be key in letting her be a true stance dancer as she could use it mid combo to change and do more flashy stuff.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if I can support Gardevoir of the grounds of not being seen coming from a Pokeball yet, I can do the same for Meloetta.

I still think Gardevoir plus Gothitelle as an echo would be the best way to get every Pokemon Generation but Meloetta is my top pick for unique Gen V Pokemon.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well if I can support Gardevoir of the grounds of not being seen coming from a Pokeball yet, I can do the same for Meloetta.

I still think Gardevoir plus Gothitelle as an echo would be the best way to get every Pokemon Generation but Meloetta is my top pick for unique Gen V Pokemon.
You have been added.

I do agree that the easiest way would be gardevoir with a Gothitelle Echo, but I think the 5th gen deserves more then just an Echo. Plus I this would be a very fun and unique playstyle for the game

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The Meloetta thread will be transferred over to this one.

Of course, I support this character 100% :)
Awesome and cute, and would be great for having a gen 5 in.

Here's some more animated gifs of Meloetta for everyone's enjoyment:

Go Meloetta! :)
Those gifs are so adorable.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
OK, Added everyone to the support list. I also shrunk some of the fan art to thumbnails so they weren't as large and imposing. Let me know what you guys think.

Oh I like that Idea for close combat. Hope you don't mind that I put it into my moveset. Your idea also gave me the idea of added a slight downside to Perish song for meloetta at higher % herself, to be a bit more lore accurate to the move in game. And yeah, The transform having a hitbox I think could be key in letting her be a true stance dancer as she could use it mid combo to change and do more flashy stuff.
I think you did good, and it looks better with the proportions now :)
And good to see the thread actually getting some attention now.
(also, dont forget about the animated gifs showing some of the attacks, and transforming, in the old thread [maybe in spoiler tags or w/e])

I'd really enjoy her in pokken too, it would actually make me play it.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think you did good, and it looks better with the proportions now :)
And good to see the thread actually getting some attention now.
(also, dont forget about the animated gifs showing some of the attacks, and transforming, in the old thread [maybe in spoiler tags or w/e])

I'd really enjoy her in pokken too, it would actually make me play it.
Right, I'll make sure to do that tonight or tommorow :)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You have been added.

I do agree that the easiest way would be gardevoir with a Gothitelle Echo, but I think the 5th gen deserves more then just an Echo. Plus I this would be a very fun and unique playstyle for the game
Sorry, but that rumor has been proven fake.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I have heard that, I was just saying that its a feasible thing for Sakuari to do with Gardevoir and Gothitelle. I would rather have Meloetta then Gothitelle though(i only have the icon because no Meloetta icon yet for my sig.)

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Meloetta is my favorite Pokémon of all time, but i never contemplate the posibility of being a character for the game. With all the explanation and moveset posibilities you gave us, i guess she could fit in the game perfectly.
Even i would like to see her more than another characters i support at present, being meloetta my second pic for a newcomer after Kat & Ana.
I'd like to support this thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
Meloetta is my favorite Pokémon of all time, but i never contemplate the posibility of being a character for the game. With all the explanation and moveset posibilities you gave us, i guess she could fit in the game perfectly.
Even i would like to see her more than another characters i support at present, being meloetta my second pic for a newcomer after Kat & Ana.
I'd like to support this thread
Shes probably in my top 10 pokemon. The design is cute and i like the unique idea of her. I am glad you like the potential moveset design!

And You have been added

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It wasn't really proven fake. There's just some odd stuff about it that some said it doesn't add up. It's not definitive at all though.
Not to say it's necessarily good, but it's interesting what it claimed and got right. Plus got gardevoir in the eyes of people. :)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It wasn't really proven fake. There's just some odd stuff about it that some said it doesn't add up. It's not definitive at all though.
Not to say it's necessarily good, but it's interesting what it claimed and got right. Plus got gardevoir in the eyes of people. :)
That leak outright claimed that Simon was not playable.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That leak outright claimed that Simon was not playable.
That's not really the deal. They claimed that Richter was in, and assumed it was instead of simon becuase he wasnt in the data they looked at.
It could be that the data was incomplete, which would make sense, or that Richter was developped first, and then they decided to change it up and say that he was the echo instead, similar to what sakurai said in the direct.

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
For those who believed in the music theory, now has been decomfirmed with the fire emblem music upload in the website. Seems that the chances of meloetta have increased a little bit

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, Meloetta is a pokeball pokemon again according to the smash website :(

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
As, a person who's first Pokemon games were Black & White, I'm here to say I fully support her inclusion

sks316

Smash Rookie
NNID
tmnt316
3DS FC
3325-1454-2910
Switch FC
SW-1384-2056-1238
I wholeheartedly support this movement. Meloetta is one of the more underrated and underappreciated Pokemon in my opinion.

Top Bottom