• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ideal patch: Rosalina & Luma

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice
I genuinely don't think that Rosalina NEEDS a nerf, but since the general consensus is that she does, I kinda had no choice with this one. Hopefully the nerfs i gave to other top tiers will mean she is not too affected by this.

Luma health: 50 -> 45
Luma technical weight: 100 -> 95
Respawn time: 12.5 seconds -> 15 seconds
weight: 77 -> 74
Fall speed: 1.2 -> 1.18

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some people seem to think that the only nerfs needed are on the Luma, since some of its attacks have high base knockback values that can take advantage of the rage mechanic; one example is the Luma's up aerial, which has a base knockback value of 110.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I am a new :rosalina: user, and I must say those modifications are manageable.

But what astonishes me is how a floating geometric shape as small as :4kirby: be the same weight as :4cloud:. Could someone kindly explain that?

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice

But what astonishes me is how a floating geometric shape as small as :4kirby: be the same weight as :4cloud:. Could someone kindly explain that?
Cloud is weighed down by his sword and Kirby is weighed down by the horrors of his past.

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice

My guess is that Cloud's low weight and high fall speed is a balance mechanic

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My guess is that Cloud's low weight and high fall speed is a balance mechanic
Opinions can vary between people though. I often think that Rosalina is too slow with her air mobility, but you can't really give her a big air speed buff without nerfing something in return. In this case, it would be the Luma's high base knockback attacks.

At least Final Smashes don't have to worry about being balanced, since they're meant to be very powerful to begin with. However, some Final Smashes are quite underwhelming as a whole.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
I genuinely don't think that Rosalina NEEDS a nerf, but since the general consensus is that she does, I kinda had no choice with this one. Hopefully the nerfs i gave to other top tiers will mean she is not too affected by this.

Luma health: 50 -> 45
Luma technical weight: 100 -> 95
Respawn time: 12.5 seconds -> 15 seconds
weight: 77 -> 74
Fall speed: 1.2 -> 1.18
With the help of modding, you can actually edit the game to add these nerfs to your game. Then you can play around with them for yourself vs high level players and see how much of a difference it would make. Though most people won't be able to properly gauge how drastically small changes can affect any character due to factors like skill, character knowledge and other things.

Top Bottom