• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ideal patch: Lucario

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice
I know I was meant to do Little Mac next, but I was so excited about this one that I decided to do it first.

Weight: 99 -> 108
Jab 1 hitbox active: 6-8 -> 4-6
Jab 1 FAF: 34 -> 32
Down throw IASA is now 2 frames earlier
Nair (hit 2) hitbox active: 22-29 -> 20-28
Fair hitbox size: 3.5/5.0/5.0 -> 3.7/5.2/5.2
Force Palm grab-box size: 6.0 -> 6.2
Extremespeed hitbox size: 12.0 -> 12.6
Extremespeed hitbox base knockback: 70 -> 88
Counter counterframe window: 5-39 -> 4-40
Counter (attack) base damage: 11 -> 11.5

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I know I was meant to do Little Mac next, but I was so excited about this one that I decided to do it first.

Weight: 99 -> 108
An additional formula has been added to Lucario's aura: (current aura multiplier/6) + 0.89. The result of this formula is applied in the form of a multiplier to Lucario's walk speed, run speed and air speed, and the hitbox radii of all his tilts/jabs, smash attacks, grabs and aerial moves.

(Note, Lucario's Minimum aura multiplier is 0.66x, and when put into this formula, the result would be 1).
Making Lucario heavier and making his speed dependent of Aura does not necessarily fix his shortcomings. Making characters heavier will make games take longer. As a Lucario main I don't think that would be fun.

Wouldn't it be better to fix hitboxes, knock back, and combos? I'd love to see BAir last more than 3 frames, NAir hit 2 to come out sooner, FAir to have a bit larger horizontal hitbox, DThrow to have less IASA frames, DSmash to last a few more frames to punish rolls and and landings, Jab 1 to be 4 frames instead of 6, etc.

Making speed dependent on Aura may throw off some of our follow ups until we'd adjust. More weight would make Lucario comboed a bit more by some characters and people hate him even more because he would not die until like 140 lol.

Wouldn't it be better to make characters more fluid in their play styles? Theoretically speaking if characters had more combos perhaps games would be over sooner and we'd have 3 stock instead of 2...

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice
Making Lucario heavier and making his speed dependent of Aura does not necessarily fix his shortcomings. Making characters heavier will make games take longer. As a Lucario main I don't think that would be fun.

Wouldn't it be better to fix hitboxes, knock back, and combos? I'd love to see BAir last more than 3 frames, NAir hit 2 to come out sooner, FAir to have a bit larger horizontal hitbox, DThrow to have less IASA frames, DSmash to last a few more frames to punish rolls and and landings, Jab 1 to be 4 frames instead of 6, etc.

Making speed dependent on Aura may throw off some of our follow ups until we'd adjust. More weight would make Lucario comboed a bit more by some characters and people hate him even more because he would not die until like 140 lol.

Wouldn't it be better to make characters more fluid in their play styles? Theoretically speaking if characters had more combos perhaps games would be over sooner and we'd have 3 stock instead of 2...
I increased the weight so he can better take advantage of aura. The formula i added applies to hitbox radii too, and the speed thing probably won't take too long for players to adapt, and i mainly did it because the higher damage output from aura can make combos harder to perform, so this provides some compensation. Increasing weight in general usually brings more good than bad unless you are already a heavyweight, and lucario's low fall speed and gravity already makes him hard to combo.

As for your other suggestions, i will add these, i am always open to suggestions

Top Bottom